April 18, 2024, 07:06:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271048 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #320 on: August 19, 2007, 03:00:02 PM »

Glad you like your new duds, Idstlou! I've been starting the Halloween avatars, thinking I had plenty of time. There's a lot of new monkeys and the old gang has a lot of new avis. 
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: August 19, 2007, 03:41:27 PM »

I have one more thing to say, and then I'm outta here.

To the best of my knowledge, NO ONE EVER objected to there being a thread dedicated to Natalee Holloway or any other missing person. The problem people have been having is with all the restrictions that seem to have been imposed in this particular thread. Somehow that turned into people exclaiming in horror over how disrespectful everyone wants to be toward Natalee Holloway. It seems to me that the point of the whole discussion has been missed. However, I'm done, so please don't anyone feel a need to comment on my comment.

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2007, 04:11:35 PM »

I have one more thing to say, and then I'm outta here.

To the best of my knowledge, NO ONE EVER objected to there being a thread dedicated to Natalee Holloway or any other missing person. The problem people have been having is with all the restrictions that seem to have been imposed in this particular thread. Somehow that turned into people exclaiming in horror over how disrespectful everyone wants to be toward Natalee Holloway. It seems to me that the point of the whole discussion has been missed. However, I'm done, so please don't anyone feel a need to comment on my comment.

There are only two restrictions in this thread

1.  That case DISCUSSION does not belong here.  Now a mention of a breaking news event in a case can be mentioned here but actual discussion should not take place in this thread.

2.  That true chit chat, like a back in forth chat between two members about the color of their shoes SHOULD probably be done in the chat room.  That's what the chat room is there for.

Last night I allowed and contributed to the discussion regarding some questions Lala's had that pertained to Shango.  I was wrong to let it continue because it turned into a DISCUSSION that really belonged in either the NH thread or the S&S thread.

I really don't understand what you mean by ALL of the restrictions?
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2007, 04:47:40 PM »

Good morning all!
How is everbody doing today?

Hello, NYC_lover............there seems to be a little confusion about what can or cannot be discussed on this thread.  Guess we're waiting for clarification.

How are things in your part of the world?

Ok, NJ_mom. I understand. I think, the things been well, in the world, where I live in.
Just was check de newspaper, De Telegraaf and was see, not really bad news. Only has a boy of 14 year, a boy of 15 year stabbed in his abdomen/belly. And a toddler of 1,5 year was falling in water, whereas it bride couple was, tell together yes. This little girl lays in the hospital now. Very sad! Crying or Very sad
2NJ_Mom
Look at the "Subject Line"  It should say whether it's Monkey Musings or Natalee Holloway or whatever Subject there is we have a thread for.  I love you to pieces NJMom, but I don't understand.  I think I know which way SM is trying to move things out of Natalee's thread that don't have to do with her case.  Should we talk about where we went shopping in that one?  I couldn't imagine doing that in the Missing and Exploited threads.  I wouldn't talk about my tax free weekend for shopping under Stepha Henry's thread...Maybe Natalee's thread needs to be moved over with the unsolved crimes.  Would that make it different?  I know it has been like the main place we all meet and gather, and I think that is what is trying to be done with Musings.  {{{hugs}}} jmo

I was not part of last night's discussions.  I posted three times this morning.  Once to bring forward Klaasend's instructions, and underscored the portion that was debated by some.  The second was this one you quoted, here.  It was just what came to mind when I responded to NYC (I didn't say 'I' but used 'we', which may have skewed my intention).  The third was a 'wave' to you. 

I do look at the subject line, and I do understand what SM is doing and agree that personal or idle chatter has no place in dedicated threads.  Sometimes it is not what you say, but it's interpretation that causes a problem.  Yes, I guess I was on that road of good intentions....it leads, well, you know...

NJ_mom, when u talk to me, I said this ok.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2007, 05:10:11 PM »

Here is the latest on DEAN:

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #325 on: August 19, 2007, 05:12:10 PM »

Good morning all!
How is everbody doing today?

Hello, NYC_lover............there seems to be a little confusion about what can or cannot be discussed on this thread.  Guess we're waiting for clarification.

How are things in your part of the world?

Ok, NJ_mom. I understand. I think, the things been well, in the world, where I live in.
Just was check de newspaper, De Telegraaf and was see, not really bad news. Only has a boy of 14 year, a boy of 15 year stabbed in his abdomen/belly. And a toddler of 1,5 year was falling in water, whereas it bride couple was, tell together yes. This little girl lays in the hospital now. Very sad! Crying or Very sad

NJ_mom, when u talk to me, I said this ok.

NYC_lover,

Yes, I saw your reply to my question, thank you... and understood you were talking about the news in NL.  Unfortunately, I did not get to reply, directly.  I am sorry.  My son used the computer for a long time for his work. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Altruist
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: August 19, 2007, 05:33:06 PM »

I was not online 8/18 & just a few minutes ago caught up back to the 17th & after reading todays posts will pose a suggestion, if I may?

When a 2nd post in Musings is made regarding the topic of a missing person, what if Musings became *locked* for a stated time to resume being stated with the suggestion of *we appear to be conducting case discussion presently therefore the proactive measure is being made to invite you all to * (the stated thread name & link) *.  Therefore the Moderator could direct to the proper thread with a LETS GO.

Would that eliminate the conflict discussion from resurfacing?   Think that this method could eliminate the experiencing feelings of criticism & indicate where the group is located at that real time occurrence.  This just seems to be solvable utilizing leadership methods & eliminate hurt feelings, unsolicited advice, etc.  DIRECTION about sums it up & would aid in the transition period.

I think a short time before or after the NEW FORMAT a suggestion/? was made regarding being able to quote & then bring that quote to a different thread was mentioned which would take some of the work off of the Moderator's if the original post could then be *noted* as being brought forward to *naming the thread* so that helpful monkeys could do their part without having access to board options.  Don't know if that is possible but my guess is that Dugga would know.

Anyway, that is my take.  Appreciate & empathize with all my peer monkeys & Mgmt. & Staff's hard work & efforts.  Change is difficult & there is no getting around it, the trick to success is to implement it in as unobtrusive manner as possible through direction, positive reinforcement & creativity when those hick-cups occur, as they ALWAYS DO.

Think I read 3 weeks to change, been my experience that it takes months for the new to TAKE with little memory of the old when it comes to human behavior/actions, there is only ONE Robot amongst us, after all.

Thank you for your tolerance.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #327 on: August 19, 2007, 05:44:03 PM »

I was not online 8/18 & just a few minutes ago caught up back to the 17th & after reading todays posts will pose a suggestion, if I may?

When a 2nd post in Musings is made regarding the topic of a missing person, what if Musings became *locked* for a stated time to resume being stated with the suggestion of *we appear to be conducting case discussion presently therefore the proactive measure is being made to invite you all to * (the stated thread name & link) *.  Therefore the Moderator could direct to the proper thread with a LETS GO.

Would that eliminate the conflict discussion from resurfacing?   Think that this method could eliminate the experiencing feelings of criticism & indicate where the group is located at that real time occurrence.  This just seems to be solvable utilizing leadership methods & eliminate hurt feelings, unsolicited advice, etc.  DIRECTION about sums it up & would aid in the transition period.

I think a short time before or after the NEW FORMAT a suggestion/? was made regarding being able to quote & then bring that quote to a different thread was mentioned which would take some of the work off of the Moderator's if the original post could then be *noted* as being brought forward to *naming the thread* so that helpful monkeys could do their part without having access to board options.  Don't know if that is possible but my guess is that Dugga would know.

Anyway, that is my take.  Appreciate & empathize with all my peer monkeys & Mgmt. & Staff's hard work & efforts.  Change is difficult & there is no getting around it, the trick to success is to implement it in as unobtrusive manner as possible through direction, positive reinforcement & creativity when those hick-cups occur, as they ALWAYS DO.

Think I read 3 weeks to change, been my experience that it takes months for the new to TAKE with little memory of the old when it comes to human behavior/actions, there is only ONE Robot amongst us, after all.

Thank you for your tolerance.

Excellent suggestion!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #328 on: August 19, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »

FYI - we have a list of almost 74 waiting to join SM. .

I just had a visual of monkeys swinging in from the jungle, waiting with their greencards, in line at SM cage. All sorts of monkeys, short ones, tall ones, old ones-you know...some with hats, some with cats.  Let the games begin.  LOL

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Well, our recently added monkeys have been a wonderful addition to our growing monkey family.  Looking forward to these new folks and will try to behave so things run smoothly while we welcome them aboard.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #329 on: August 19, 2007, 06:36:12 PM »

One more thing. . . how do I know if there is a thread for a particular subject?  Like this hot weather for example.  Do we have a Heat Wave thread? 

When a new thread is started, I don't know how I should know there is a thread for that subject.

And I hate for mods to have to constantly tell me.  One of those little Most Recent Posts boxes sure would be nice.  I wonder if this format comes with one of those.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: August 19, 2007, 06:40:18 PM »

Hi, sweet Anna ~ I think there's something like you're talking about on the index page of the forum.....right above where it shows all the monkeys logged in and visiting guests...  Smile I think that might be what you want.
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2007, 06:46:04 PM »

One more thing. . . how do I know if there is a thread for a particular subject?  Like this hot weather for example.  Do we have a Heat Wave thread? 

When a new thread is started, I don't know how I should know there is a thread for that subject.

And I hate for mods to have to constantly tell me.  One of those little Most Recent Posts boxes sure would be nice.  I wonder if this format comes with one of those.

Anna,

The recent post box of last 10 posts is why I like the setup at BFN! It's a good suggestion!! I know Dugga has looked into it and I would love to see us have something similar. Also I would love to see us compiling important details in other threads outside of the NH thread so we can be organized and find everything related under that one thread. If the KLPD came here for research it would be nice to see them find  all the conflicting statements and lies compiled by Gerald Dompig or Joran for example.

I also started a a few new threads and I didnt know if they were started yet. I did a quick search just to see and I didnt see those subjects with here own thread. Like Suspects Vehicles or Old posts on Lorenzo.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2007, 07:06:35 PM »

I couldn't find anything at BFN if not for that recent posts box.  But with it, I can follow the discussions wherever they go. 

*******, maybe you can talk Dugga into it.

TCU, thanks, yes, that does show the last post but the other is right on the same screen as the thread you are reading.  It goes wherever you do.  Very convenient.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2007, 07:11:44 PM »

Good idea, *******.  I think BFN has a listing of contradictory statements made by Joran, don't they?  That one would be a huge thread for sure.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »

Here is the latest on DEAN:

Wow, is that the Cancun area that is forecast to get the Level 5 direct hit?  They better evacuate. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: August 19, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »

So the woman (illegal) immigrant that had been hiding in the church was arrested... her inital claim of not being able to go home was because she did not want to be separated from her son.... who was born here.  No one said she couldn't take the son back with her....

I, personally am glad to see they arrested her....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #336 on: August 19, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

So the woman (illegal) immigrant that had been hiding in the church was arrested... her inital claim of not being able to go home was because she did not want to be separated from her son.... who was born here.  No one said she couldn't take the son back with her....

I, personally am glad to see they arrested her....

I am also glad to see this, Mrs. Red. From what I've heard, this is her second violation. She was tossed out once before and re-entered, again illegally.

Oh, And Good evening, Monkeys!
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #337 on: August 19, 2007, 07:32:48 PM »

Evening Monkeys. Klaas you have mail.  Cool

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: August 19, 2007, 07:35:08 PM »

Hya, Yap! Very Happy
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #339 on: August 19, 2007, 07:35:24 PM »

TCUMom,
Who is Robert Cooke?  I may have known but my brain has the dumb today and I can't recall right now/

Anna ~ Thanks for asking.  I always give TMI and ramble, but what the heck....
His daughter was abducted (?) here in Georgetown, Texas on January 10, 2002.  She was out jogging near her home (she was a cross-country/distance runner), and was literally within a few hundred yards of her home.  Never seen again. 

Tim Miller and Equusearch came to help within 2 days of Rachel missing ~ they stayed for a week as I recall.  Incredible man, and incredible group of people.

Robert, Rachel's dad, has kept a diary on www.kvue.com since the day before she was abducted (he backed up to the day before to give readers a sense of how it progressed).  The diary needs to be published, I believe.  It is a heartbreaking, and at the same time, hopeful read of the journey the family has taken, and are still taking.

Janet (Mom) taught Art with me at the middle school.  Rachel and her younger sister had been in my classes.

Anyway, sorry for talking too much.  Last comment; so sad that this never generated the media response (good or bad) that so many others have benefitted from.....maybe Rachel was before all the media interest in these particular cases.  Sad Sad

Forgot to add that Rachel was 20, and spending Christmas Break at home, then returning to college in San Diego.  She had extended her stay for a couple of days, as her cousin was marrying that weekend.

TCUmom..that's for the reminder about Rachel Cooke...I honestly hadn't seen anything lately on her.....and she slipped from my memory..... pale Embarassed

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.