April 19, 2024, 10:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271097 times)
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2007, 09:17:05 PM »

O/T, O/T, O/T

I apologize in advance for what I know is off-topic for this thread, but I just didn’t see any other specific “home” for this comment.   Without going into specifics, I’m going to share something that happened last month.  It is not musing or simply socializing as it is in relation to the case of a missing person.  Funny as it seems, I almost posted this in the S&S thread as encouragement to Lala’s to keep looking through the riddles as there may be something there. It does not specifically belong in the Natalee Holloway thread, nor the Clinton Nelson thread, nor the April Pitzer thread.  But in a way it pertains to all – because it means that someone can actually be found after being missing for a number of years.

I was able to find a missing person last month. It was different from Natalee’s case as this was not someone that was taken away from her loved ones – it was a case where she originally did not want to be found.  But that was 5 years ago, and sometimes when someone goes down that path they do not see a way back.  Due to a specific current situation, the family was desperately trying to find her but had hit what they thought were insurmountable road blocks.

What did it take from me?  I didn’t have ‘time” as I was working 60+ hours per week at my regular job.  But when you see a family that is desperate to find their loved one those hours seem trivial.  So what it took was a family member crying at the other end of the phone.  Someone that I did not know, but I knew I needed to help.

How did I do it? I looked over and over at the details, researching via the internet, phone calls, letters/notes, etc.   I checked all the facts, theories, and plain old “musings” in relation to her and was able to find her.  I did just as my sig line has always said: “Check every detail. Check it twice.”  (Admittedly, the “At least check it once.” is a direct jab to ALE).

How did it end?  I provided the connection between her and her family, and left it for them to take from there.

So here is my message.  Don’t give up. Don’t think any detail is too small.  Don’t think that there could not possibly be an answer in a riddle. Any do not think that musings about a case could not bring resolution.  In the case I speak of, the final answer came out due to an O/T conversation with a family member, a sort of “"stream of consciousness" discussion, which led me to go back and recheck something that I thought could not possibly lead anywhere. But it did, and a family now has answers.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »

Some kid sat on Art's dog, rupturing a cyst and then Art's dog bit the kid. Then I think Art's dog died from the rupture. Then the lady sued Art because the dog big her kid...but she lied, saying the dog lunged at the kid first, but then her vet wrote a letter saying that the dog was blind so how could he have lunged first? Anyway, I think I got most of the details right...Art was having a really hard time with it, but apparently she's getting through it better now...

Bring Natalee home...
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:18 PM »

ok trying this one more time...

I didn't mean to slam the door from chat.... neither did red... neither one fo us can post....

so ... let me just finish here...

Shango can be discussed in the natalee thread

and this thread is for shooting the breeze... about whatever you want to talk about... just like you do in chat, basically. 

there was no one poster that decided this would happen... a family member asked to have a discussion thread that was all and only natalee....

I am going to watch Joel Osteen now.. I missed him this morning.... LOL...

I wonder why some people have problems in the chat room?  Got to be a common denominator.  It's jerky at times for me but it always works.

Klaas,

Dugga responded to an email I sent him regarding problems with chat.  This is an older computer...which may not have enough memory.  The errors I get point to that or perhaps other programs my son has loaded.  I would have to try to shut them all down to see if there's a difference, but I haven't.  He did mention some programs like Norton Anti-Virus are 'bloated'...(I think that was the term he used), and guess what's on this thing...I can forward the email for your info, if you'd like to figure out the common demoninator.

Before the errors occur, I was able to post a few comments, then everything just freezes up...if I'm not able to exit normally, I have to 'end task' after 'ctl' 'alt' 'delete' or just shut down and reboot. 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

What happened to Art's dog?  I thought I was caught up on this thread.  Confused Confused

I was wondering the same thing.  I just checked Art's recent posts and I can't find anything about her dog.  Maybe it was from chat?
Muffy ~ Will you post if you find out?  I've got to leave for a few minutes......school starts for teachers tomorrow.......all the meetings where high-priced consultants tell us how to teach..... I guess you can tell how I feel about it.  Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

Evening monkeys!  This is total OT but for those of you with pets... you guessed - more treats removed - this time from walmart

Just wanted to pass along. 

http://www.itchmo.com/wal-mart-removes-bestro-chicken-jerky-strips-after-dog-death-2321
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2007, 09:21:22 PM »

Wow Sleuth, I am so glad I stayed here to read your post. That is AWESOME!!!!! You are my hero  Great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for the encouragement...that's amazing!

Bring Natalee home...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2007, 09:22:31 PM »

O/T, O/T, O/T

I apologize in advance for what I know is off-topic for this thread, but I just didn’t see any other specific “home” for this comment.   Without going into specifics, I’m going to share something that happened last month.  It is not musing or simply socializing as it is in relation to the case of a missing person.  Funny as it seems, I almost posted this in the S&S thread as encouragement to Lala’s to keep looking through the riddles as there may be something there. It does not specifically belong in the Natalee Holloway thread, nor the Clinton Nelson thread, nor the April Pitzer thread.  But in a way it pertains to all – because it means that someone can actually be found after being missing for a number of years.

I was able to find a missing person last month. It was different from Natalee’s case as this was not someone that was taken away from her loved ones – it was a case where she originally did not want to be found.  But that was 5 years ago, and sometimes when someone goes down that path they do not see a way back.  Due to a specific current situation, the family was desperately trying to find her but had hit what they thought were insurmountable road blocks.

What did it take from me?  I didn’t have ‘time” as I was working 60+ hours per week at my regular job.  But when you see a family that is desperate to find their loved one those hours seem trivial.  So what it took was a family member crying at the other end of the phone.  Someone that I did not know, but I knew I needed to help.

How did I do it? I looked over and over at the details, researching via the internet, phone calls, letters/notes, etc.   I checked all the facts, theories, and plain old “musings” in relation to her and was able to find her.  I did just as my sig line has always said: “Check every detail. Check it twice.”  (Admittedly, the “At least check it once.” is a direct jab to ALE).

How did it end?  I provided the connection between her and her family, and left it for them to take from there.

So here is my message.  Don’t give up. Don’t think any detail is too small.  Don’t think that there could not possibly be an answer in a riddle. Any do not think that musings about a case could not bring resolution.  In the case I speak of, the final answer came out due to an O/T conversation with a family member, a sort of “"stream of consciousness" discussion, which led me to go back and recheck something that I thought could not possibly lead anywhere. But it did, and a family now has answers.

Sleuth - wow, not off topic at all!  Excellent job and kudos to you for your determination in finding that person. 
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »

Evening monkeys!  This is total OT but for those of you with pets... you guessed - more treats removed - this time from walmart

http://www.itchmo.com/wal-mart-removes-bestro-chicken-jerky-strips-after-dog-death-2321

Thanks Beans....WTH is going on with all of this toxic crap they are feeding us and our pets? Is it the Chinese again?

Bring Natalee home...
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2007, 09:25:50 PM »

Some kid sat on Art's dog, rupturing a cyst and then Art's dog bit the kid. Then I think Art's dog died from the rupture. Then the lady sued Art because the dog big her kid...but she lied, saying the dog lunged at the kid first, but then her vet wrote a letter saying that the dog was blind so how could he have lunged first? Anyway, I think I got most of the details right...Art was having a really hard time with it, but apparently she's getting through it better now...
Mishy, thanks.  I posted in reply to Muffy before reading on.  You'd think I'd learn by now.  Rolling Eyes
That is ridiculous about those people ~ anything for a lawsuit and $$$$.  Poor Art ~ you know her dogs have to be just as kind and sweet as she is.   Sad Sad
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2007, 09:26:35 PM »

Sleuth: Thank you for sharing your experience with us.  And your sig line "Check every detail.  Check it twice" is more than just that.  It would appear you put it into practice.  How wonderful that you were able to find a missing person.  You really made a difference in people's lives.   

Mishy: Thank you for updating about Art's dog.  {{{hugs}}} to Art.  We do love our furry friends and it hurts when they are hurt.  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:18 PM »

Sleuth,

Not surprised your found an answer for the family.  Thanks for sharing and for the push to keep on keepin' on.

Frijole,

Thanks for that update.  We've been trying to make sure we are feeding our 9 year old safely...it's not easy, these days.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:23 PM »

O/T, O/T, O/T

Sleuth!!! Fantastic!!!!!!! You go girl~!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2007, 09:27:56 PM »

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.

Example:  If you have a news article or photo or specific information on the NH or other MP cases please post in either the NH thread or the MP thread.  If you have information on a court date in the NH case, please post in the NH thread, etc.

If you really just want to chat about silly stuff, please go to the chat room.

Other than that, discussion about all topics is welcome and this thread will act as our "meeting place and hang out".

« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 10:03:03 AM by klaasend » 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2027.0

Good morning.

I was doing a little reading back and wanted to bring this post forward because I just wanted to make sure this was clarified. Is this musings thread just like the LCD minus updated info about Natalee?

Bring Natalee home...
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »

Thanks Beans....WTH is going on with all of this toxic crap they are feeding us and our pets? Is it the Chinese again?

Of course!  Makes me just sick. 
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2007, 09:29:52 PM »

Art, isn't that terrific about Sleuth helping that family?  And did I get the details right (more or less) about what happened with your dog?

Bring Natalee home...
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:35 PM »

Sleuth,

Not surprised your found an answer for the family.  Thanks for sharing and for the push to keep on keepin' on.

Frijole,

Thanks for that update.  We've been trying to make sure we are feeding our 9 year old safely...it's not easy, these days.

No - it's not easy!  I don't even want to think about what the Chinese are putting in OUR food! 

Sleuth - I agree - awesome job..... as always!!!  good for you!
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:51 PM »

Of course!  Makes me just sick. 

are they trying to kill us or what? It's almost like a terrorist thing or something... Rolling Eyes

Bring Natalee home...
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2007, 09:37:22 PM »

Art,

That is an AWFUL thing that happened to your furbaby.  I am so sorry to hear that.  I hope that those people leave you alone - you should be going after THEM.... geez. 
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:38 PM »

Art, isn't that terrific about Sleuth helping that family?  And did I get the details right (more or less) about what happened with your dog?

Mishy, yes, its wonderful what Sleuth did!!!!

You did good with the dog story..there is a lot more to it, but that is the jist of it!
THey were grifters...I didn't KNOW the Mother at all and her child was unruly and she refused to leave or correct her child. I was sick that day and could'nt even get off the chair or I woiuld have bodily thrown her and her brat out of the house. Dog was in another room entirely and after many corrections by ME, the child ran in and jumped on the dog. Its a mess. I kept asking her to leave and take the kid with her.

THe dog did die. So basically the little brat killed my dog. And he didn't really "bite"d her,  he punctured her in two places when he turned his head..he had been sleeping.
The Mother is saying the dog bit the child. She didn't know what happened..she wasn't even in the same room. The only witness was my husband who had just come in the house and couldn't grab the kid quick enough to stop her.

THere is a lot more to this, as I am sure you can imagine! But it is soooo long a story.

Oh, her hubby was helping my hubby and she just came in my house and sat down in my dining room uninvited! CAn you imagine?????
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »

Art,

That is an AWFUL thing that happened to your furbaby.  I am so sorry to hear that.  I hope that those people leave you alone - you should be going after THEM.... geez. 

Frijole, many people have told me to go after them. I don't know. I have to go to court for "harboring a dangerous dog" now. My lawyer is handling all this...its all so bogus and is getting quite involved.  We are countering this..my lawyer is very good. They will NOT be suiing..guaranteed!!!!
My hubby told the Dog officer and the twon police I am not up to this and it is making me quite ill. They said they didn't care, they had to do what they had to do since the Beeatch filed a formal complaint. SO...my lawyer filed a suit against the police, the town and the dog officer with the Americans with disabilities and they accepted the case. So,,,it gets deeper and deeper. (I am considered neurologically disabled)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.