April 20, 2024, 01:45:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271112 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »

I just noticed on the forum index the newest member= testklaasend
LMAO, maybe they made a robot so we could have two klaasends.  Laughing Laughing
LOL about your cat!  Laughing Smile

OMG, that is TOO Funny! lol!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2007, 10:54:55 PM »

LMAO, maybe they made a robot so we could have two klaasends.  Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing I created that today so I could test something
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2007, 10:56:03 PM »

Laughing Laughing I created that today so I could test something
Ohhhh! LOL
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »

After what was to me a pleasant discovery of several monkeys in the one thread at the same time and an enjoyable discussion in the Monkey Musings last night, I come in today to find it has stored up a hornet’s nest.  It was more of a scratching the head and remembering a couple of details rather than a full-blown discussion but appears to have fallen foul of the thread monitors.  I apologise for contributing to these out of thread postings and intend to not post again unless absolutely necessary so as not to upset the plan. 

I know it is difficult with the time difference but under the old system I used to find quite a few monkeys in the same place to chat with and toss a few ideas around.  I know I am out of the loop by being so far away but I have come to consider the monkeys as a family and look forward to checking in each day and catching up with news about all sorts of things. That is what attracted me to joining SM, as well as it not being a clone of every other blog, after many months of just reading there.   I worry about those that have had health or family troubles as though they were my own kin. I believe it is this very fact, as well as Natalee’s case,  that attracted the monkeys in the first place, and why so many stayed loyal through the years. And could possibly be why there are so many others waiting to become monkeys. I hope these new monkeys bring as much dedication and loyalty to the forum as the ones in the past.

I intend to continue reading here and will definitely watch the prayer thread and other postings by monkeys requesting help. I am still undecided about continuing my Aussie thread long term – it was set up to entertain the monkeys that had been so welcoming and loving towards me when I joined but now few of them post regularly any longer.  There are a lot of monkeys not posting now that were very active when I joined and they cannot ALL be sidetracked by other things.  And now several more appear to be planning to join the list of missing. 

I can understand how it must be for people coming here and wanting to read only about Natalee’s case and finding pages of other discussion.  The Dutch law discussions in there lately seem to have taken on a life of their own and I am surprised they have not been granted their own thread under Natalee’s heading.

I will drop into the chat room from time to time even though now I have sampled it, it is not my preferred method of communicating. If any monkeys wish to email me they may get my addy from Klaas, Mishy or BTgirl. I expect the other moderators could have access to it also. Please mark the emails with your screen name or Monkey Mail as I have a voracious junk mail filter.

I will always continue to pray for answers and justice for dear Natalee and her family.

Be good monkeys.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2007, 11:44:08 PM »

Tibro   - I think we may have some of the issues resolved now.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19:03 AM »

muffy ~ are you here?  I'm trying out chat again - yikes, I'm having a panic attack!  Shocked Shocked Shocked It's moving fast, and they said it's a slow night.  Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #406 on: August 20, 2007, 12:19:14 AM »

ok trying this one more time...

I didn't mean to slam the door from chat.... neither did red... neither one fo us can post....

so ... let me just finish here...

Shango can be discussed in the natalee thread

and this thread is for shooting the breeze... about whatever you want to talk about... just like you do in chat, basically. 

there was no one poster that decided this would happen... a family member asked to have a discussion thread that was all and only natalee....

I am going to watch Joel Osteen now.. I missed him this morning.... LOL...

I respect this post from Mrs. Red and the request "a family member asked to have a discussion thread that was all and only Natalee".   
I should stop right now, and let admin. handle things, but of course I have to say something else.  Do you really want to take your dolls and go home because the people that host SM are making some changes?  Or are you going to stay and continue posting and further all the good that has come from SM in the last two years?   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2007, 12:20:28 AM »

muffy ~ are you here?  I'm trying out chat again - yikes, I'm having a panic attack!  Shocked Shocked Shocked It's moving fast, and they said it's a slow night.  Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

tcumom I'm here.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2007, 12:26:24 AM »

tcumom I'm here.

To be honest, I don't care for chat either.  I'm only there in case problems arise.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2007, 12:28:14 AM »

Well, I'm here too, and I want to see all the faces I'm used to seeing here as well! How's everybody's Sunday night going?
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #410 on: August 20, 2007, 12:29:29 AM »

tcumom I'm here.

To be honest, I don't care for chat either.  I'm only there in case problems arise.
Klaas ~ your saying that makes me feel better somehow ~ you know, the old I want-to-be-part-of-the gang stuff ~ whoa ~ everyone's so friendly and greeting whoever shows up......but, I'm a background kind of gal as you know.   Laughing Laughing Laughing
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #411 on: August 20, 2007, 12:29:32 AM »

Looks like it's gotten quiet over here in the Musings dept.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #412 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:15 AM »

Well, I'm here too, and I want to see all the faces I'm used to seeing here as well! How's everybody's Sunday night going?

Hey, CBB ~ are you still chatting in there?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:37 AM »

Tibro,
I was right in the middle of the posts that should not have been here but am not bothered by it.  I meant no harm and the mods and admins can move them where they go.

Don't be upset!  Things are working better each day.  We will get the hang of it and it will be better.

Lots of new folks are signing up and we need things manageable for all that.  Just give it a try and if something is posted in the wrong place, they can move it.  Glad we don't have to move our own posts, however, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #414 on: August 20, 2007, 12:32:29 AM »

Hi CBB:  There's only about 30 min. of Sunday night left Smile  and I'm still wide awake.     I should be 

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #415 on: August 20, 2007, 12:35:33 AM »

Anna ~ CBB ~ Muffy ~ Tibs ~ and anyone else hangin' out here.....

I think part of the turmoil today is just simply the lack of news, the weather - horrifically hot, onslaught of rain, lack of rain - and so much bad news in the news, literally.  It takes it toll on us, no matter how positive we are.....

Just a thought.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: August 20, 2007, 12:38:23 AM »

I think part of the turmoil today is just simply the lack of news, the weather - horrifically hot, onslaught of rain, lack of rain - and so much bad news in the news, literally.  It takes it toll on us, no matter how positive we are.....

Just a thought.

Glass half-empty or glass half-full.  You are definitely the glass half-full tcumom Smile   Optimist Smile jmo of course

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #417 on: August 20, 2007, 12:39:34 AM »

I read today in the newspaper that September is the hardest month for Meals on Wheels to find volunteers to deliver meals. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #418 on: August 20, 2007, 12:41:03 AM »

Just a thought.

And of course I am seeing at least 16 users in chat.      Monkeys are here. They are just up in the penthouse chatting.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #419 on: August 20, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »

Muffy ~ I'm laughing out loud ~ I need to print that out! 
My husband and son claim I'm a pessimist~worrier~whatever...... Rolling Eyes
I tell 'em I'm being REALISTIC ~  Laughing Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.