April 19, 2024, 08:28:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271105 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: August 20, 2007, 10:27:11 PM »

I was going through the assortment of emoticons, and there are some interesting ones.  Just trying to figure how to use them, or just what situation could arise that they could be used.  There's some doozies in there.  lol  And OldFart would get my vote for most creative use of emoticons.  It reminds me of the Highlights magazines I used to get, and it had stories in there, with little pictures for some of the words.  BTW, anyone remember the Timbertoes?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #581 on: August 20, 2007, 10:28:26 PM »

thank you OFart....

to be honest I don't consider myself in the league with the other mods... they are your true mods... I am really just a helper... I don't even know how to change a thread... Shocked

You're just threading water, right now, right? Wink

I think I might be dog paddling....

LOL  ~!!  You wil be just fine   Razz

I would still ask for directions.    Shocked 
Yes I'm  male and still ask for directions (on a lot of things)  Wink Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #582 on: August 20, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »

Well yall I have to call it a night... work is kicking my butt!!!!  have been beyond busy....

so somebody pls email me which drug store mascara to buy that won't smudge....

It's been fun talking to yall... we should do this more often Wink Wink

Good Nite!!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #583 on: August 20, 2007, 10:30:32 PM »

Well yall I have to call it a night... work is kicking my butt!!!!  have been beyond busy....

Good Nite!!!

Night Mrs Red.. I will email yah  Smile
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #584 on: August 20, 2007, 10:30:42 PM »

G'nite  MrsR...

BTW  does this mean you can ban RED.. ??? Shocked Rolling Eyes

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: August 20, 2007, 10:30:47 PM »

Hi everyoone....  Welcome FlMom

I just turned FOX on to see whats going on.
Its been yucky here all day .. roads flooded. Had another storm. 
Wish I could send all of our rain to Anna.

Good Evening, Monkeys,

Oh, I wish you could, too, Angie.

I got heat exhuastion early this mornng and had to call somebody to take me to the ER for fluids and change some meds and get more asthma inhaler Rx.

I feel pretty bad still, muscles real jerky but am ok.  Was trying to get the dogs all squared away before it got hot.  I will be fine but as I said, mustcles still real jerky so can't type well.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »

Good Nite!!!

Goodnight Mrs. Red   Sweet Dreams

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #587 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

I was going through the assortment of emoticons, and there are some interesting ones.  Just trying to figure how to use them, or just what situation could arise that they could be used.  There's some doozies in there.  lol  And OldFart would get my vote for most creative use of emoticons.  It reminds me of the Highlights magazines I used to get, and it had stories in there, with little pictures for some of the words.  BTW, anyone remember the Timbertoes?

OMG... rasing my hand.. I remember... that was my first magazine subscription....

I sometimes like to throw in random emoticons because they are cute... but I can't even think of OFart's use...

OFart, I haven't really had time to get directions... but I will....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #588 on: August 20, 2007, 10:31:40 PM »

HI Oldfart honey  Smile

Tahst great you admit asking for directions  LOL  Most men won't. 
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:56 PM »

so.... question...

who can recommend mascara that will be "fresh" all day?  that isn't water proof.... I used to love Lancome Defincils... but I am wondering if there isn't one that is less expensive?  If not.. then I will have to go and buy that I guess... or can anyone suggest anything better?  I have long eyelashes but they are blond and I like to make them look thick.....

and MVICK pleaded guilty... words do not convey how disgusted I am about that.......

Stick with the Lancome Defincils.  That's what I use.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #590 on: August 20, 2007, 10:34:52 PM »

Sad story that happened no far from where I live  Sad

Poor 16 yr old gal gets stabbed by her jealous .. controlling boyfriend..  <hes 18>

Boyfriend charged in stabbing death of Gateway teen

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/east/s_523082.html
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: August 20, 2007, 10:35:12 PM »

Good Evening, Monkeys,

I got heat exhuastion early this mornng and had to call somebody to take me to the ER for fluids and change some meds and get more asthma inhaler Rx.

I feel pretty bad still, muscles real jerky but am ok.  Was trying to get the dogs all squared away before it got hot.  I will be fine but as I said, mustcles still real jerky so can't type well.
OMG  Anna
Please take care... and things a little bit slower if necessary....

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #592 on: August 20, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

Muffy... we will hold the Highlights discussion later.. OK?  remember gus and goofus???? 

Anna.. you need to be very careful... I am glad you are better!!

On that note ... I am really going out... GOOD NITE YALL

keep the faith....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: August 20, 2007, 10:40:15 PM »

Thanks!  I'm OK.  That darned dog food is HEAVY!

There were a bunch of other people there for the same thing.  Not sure why today was so bad but think it is real humid on top of the heat.  I counted five others with heat related problems including two roofers.  Their jobs would be awful in this.

But am feeling better, just not supposed to be in noon day sun so was up real early and thought that was the ticket.  Got too hot anyway.

Now they say heat wave will continue until end of week.  Bummer.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: August 20, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »

Please be careful in the heat Anna.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #595 on: August 20, 2007, 10:46:16 PM »

Here is another article that was in yesterdays paper.. it shows Demi's photo.  Gorgeous young teen. So So Sad.
Sad

Gateway cheerleader, 16, fatally stabbed

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_522473.html
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #596 on: August 20, 2007, 10:47:07 PM »

Anna
If I may ask ... W/O asking for too much info.   what part of the state are you from NE/NW/SW etc..
No I cannot influence the weather .. Just curious...  Rolling Eyes

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #597 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »

Anna ~ do you have neighbors or anyone close by?  That really worries me about the heat exhaustion in addition to your asthma.  Can anyone help you with your sweet dogs?  The humidity makes asthma so much worse with the air so thick and heavy.....like you don't know that 

Please be careful ~ we all care about you. 
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #598 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48:26 PM »

Good Evening, Monkeys,

be careful !!  Drinks lots of fluids. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: August 20, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »

Hi  tcumom. How did your day go?  Did you manage to get enough rest?    

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.