May 01, 2024, 03:35:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271466 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #600 on: August 20, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »

Hi  tcumom. How did your day go?  Did you manage to get enough rest?    
Hey, Muffy and all~well, back to school~at least our speaker was a motivational speaker from the Dallas area, Suzie Humphreys......it was kind of a *pep talk*, and certainly better than the usual speakers telling us how to teach....when they haven't been in a classroom in over 25 years!  In fact, she now lives in Fredericksberg.  Wink

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 20, 2007, 10:54:56 PM »

Here is another article that was in yesterdays paper.. it shows Demi's photo.  Gorgeous young teen. So So Sad.
Sad

Gateway cheerleader, 16, fatally stabbed

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_522473.html
Hello Monkeys!
Awww, another sad incident. And what a beautiful girl. Parents never know who their children will meet along the way, do they. So frustrating.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #602 on: August 20, 2007, 10:56:41 PM »

Here is another article that was in yesterdays paper.. it shows Demi's photo.  Gorgeous young teen. So So Sad.
Sad

Hello Monkeys!
Awww, another sad incident. And what a beautiful girl. Parents never know who their children will meet along the way, do they. So frustrating.

HI  Elaine..  very sad.. Sad    yesterdays artcile and todays both.  IMO they should have left the jerk bleed to death after he slit his throat.  Mad
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:17 PM »

Hey, Muffy and all~well, back to school~at least our speaker was a motivational speaker from the Dallas area, Suzie Humphreys......it was kind of a *pep talk*, and certainly better than the usual speakers telling us how to teach....when they haven't been in a classroom in over 25 years!  In fact, she now lives in Fredericksberg.  Wink

That doesn't sound too, too bad.  Do you go to classroom to prepare this week?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:25 PM »

IF,
I live in the northeastern part of the state, the mountainous region.  The elevation seems to make the rain go around us and we never get any of it.

Yes, am being careful.  And the dust is bothering asthma, mine and everybody else who has it.  And some who don't.

TCU,
Thanks.  I used to have good person to help me but he went away to school.  Now no one does it right.  I have to see for myself the dogs have everything and that their A/C is working, things like that.

It just sneaked up on me for some reason today.  I will be more careful and limit it to ten mnutes then stop and take a break.  Will take longer but should be safe.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: August 20, 2007, 10:59:15 PM »

Sad

Hello Monkeys!

There was similiar incident in Huntsville Texas earlier this year.  The really nice girl was a SHSU student that had apt. with 3 other girls. There had been a guy that kept trying to date her.  He showed up one night, and they went in her room to talk, because he was so upset and she didn't want to bother roomies.  A minute later, they heard gunshots.  He shot her then himself.  it was so tragic

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: August 20, 2007, 11:01:43 PM »

IF,
I live in the northeastern part of the state, the mountainous region.  The elevation seems to make the rain go around us and we never get any of it.

Yes, am being careful.  And the dust is bothering asthma, mine and everybody else who has it.  And some who don't.

TCU,
Thanks.  I used to have good person to help me but he went away to school.  Now no one does it right.  I have to see for myself the dogs have everything and that their A/C is working, things like that.

It just sneaked up on me for some reason today.  I will be more careful and limit it to ten mnutes then stop and take a break.  Will take longer but should be safe.
Glad you are ok Anna.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: August 20, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

How are you doing tonight 

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #608 on: August 20, 2007, 11:03:15 PM »

The first article I posted was a bit more detailed that was in todays paper..  Sad

I wanted to look for yesterdays paper to show her photo.

It so sad.. stabbed 16 friggin times.. dont want her wearing a bikini.. didnt want her to go to cheerleading camp.. etc.. what a lunitic.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 20, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »

Back to school, that is so cool!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #610 on: August 20, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

I was going through the assortment of emoticons, and there are some interesting ones.  Just trying to figure how to use them, or just what situation could arise that they could be used.  There's some doozies in there.  lol  And OldFart would get my vote for most creative use of emoticons.  It reminds me of the Highlights magazines I used to get, and it had stories in there, with little pictures for some of the words.  BTW, anyone remember the Timbertoes?

MuffyBee
I have not been ignoring you   ... just trying to figure out the graphic to post  Embarassed 

I always had low marks in "Word Use"  vocabulary, composition, spelling etc.  As such I often have a hard time using the correct words to express emotion 

As such I use the little smileys guys to help clarify things if I can .. Rolling Eyes

and I agree on we have a lot to pick from   Just not sure what / where some would be used   but still think    should replace  silent on the pick list  Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: August 20, 2007, 11:05:22 PM »

How are you doing tonight 
Hello Muffy !
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: August 20, 2007, 11:05:28 PM »

I saw posters today for Kim Whitten and her daughter who are missing in my area.  Was sad.  First wife of this man also disappeared and her body not found for a couple of years.  Now this wife and her daughter have both disappeared.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: August 20, 2007, 11:08:51 PM »

I'm multi-tasking myself.  DH on the phone, chat and the mooosings thread.  lol

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: August 20, 2007, 11:09:51 PM »

I saw posters today for Kim Whitten and her daughter who are missing in my area.  Was sad.  First wife of this man also disappeared and her body not found for a couple of years.  Now this wife and her daughter have both disappeared.

Has the husband been named as a person of interest.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: August 20, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »

I believe he has Elaine and arrested on a separate gun charge.  He has forty acres of woods and a saw mill business.  I wonder how well those woods have been searched as some areas here are almost impossible to search because of bluffs and caves and things like that.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: August 20, 2007, 11:15:29 PM »

Going back to bed with check later if I don't go to sleep.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: August 20, 2007, 11:15:30 PM »

I believe he has Elaine and arrested on a separate gun charge.  He has forty acres of woods and a saw mill business.  I wonder how well those woods have been searched as some areas here are almost impossible to search because of bluffs and caves and things like that.
Another sad situation, I hope they nail the guy.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: August 20, 2007, 11:16:33 PM »

I do hope all stopped by the FP and read about the father shooting the boyfriend that had been hiding in the closet.

Talk about senseless acts than end up destroying the futures of people.

I do not Know... so I'm going to ask... maybe it will be passed on who knows.

Is there anything in todays education system that teaches "Anger Management" ?

JMO but it seems that it is something that could be included someway / somehow?

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2007, 11:19:53 PM »

I do hope all stopped by the FP and read about the father shooting the boyfriend that had been hiding in the closet.

Talk about senseless acts than end up destroying the futures of people.

I do not Know... so I'm going to ask... maybe it will be passed on who knows.

Is there anything in todays education system that teaches "Anger Management" ?

JMO but it seems that it is something that could be included someway / somehow?

Sad Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.