April 18, 2024, 08:54:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271078 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: August 21, 2007, 09:05:13 PM »

DANA PRETZER on now

go to the front page of SM and click on:

Speaking now - Eric Spinato:

After Eric will be Marc Finkelstein (Newsbusters)

Then Robert Peters

« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:08:43 PM by klaasend » Logged
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #701 on: August 21, 2007, 09:11:58 PM »

Ok, got it on !
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: August 21, 2007, 09:19:55 PM »

Up next:

Marc Finkelstein (Newsbusters)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: August 21, 2007, 09:27:30 PM »

I would like to know why the cable news are obsessed with Britteny, Paris, Lindsay etc ? Like who gives crap any more if they even have their panties or their tops on or what they did to their hair, their kids blah blah.. these programs are not for grownups... maybe if you have the brain power of a guppy it might be amusing.. for a moment or two..
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:02 PM »

I would like to know why the cable news are obsessed with Britteny, Paris, Lindsay etc ? Like who gives crap any more if they even have their panties or their tops on or what they did to their hair, their kids blah blah.. these programs are not for grownups... maybe if you have the brain power of a guppy it might be amusing.. for a moment or two..

OMG Kat_Gram, I agree!  The cable news has turned into total tabloid.  Who the heck cares about these people?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #705 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:13 PM »

Klaas, ROFL, those pics!!!

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 21, 2007, 09:34:21 PM »

Larry Garrison up next to talk about John Mark Karr
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: August 21, 2007, 09:36:31 PM »

Of the dogs, not the people

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: August 21, 2007, 09:37:25 PM »

Of the dogs, not the people

Laughing Laughing I knew what you meant, lol  Laughing
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #709 on: August 21, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »

I threw out stuff that was made in China. Nightclothes that catch on fire, lead in the paint, not even toothpaste is exempt.. like gimme a break.. how stupid are we for letting these goods come in here ? Where the heck are the standards we have in North America ?
AND it it North American companies who have these sweat shops in Asia and cheap labor countries.
I have been reading labels more, but I don't have the resources to  do lab tests on my purchases and I am too old to do the back to the land thing and grow everything I eat, buy a sheep / yak / goat / emu / ostrich and spin my own yarn for clothes that I sew by hand by candle after a day of back breaking work pulling the plow. 

That gave me a chuckle remembering one of my daughter's teachers, at a parent/teacher conference told me that dght. informed him that "My dad says if he can't kill it or grow it, we don't need to eat it!"   

I don't feel one bit sorry for any of these companies "loosing money" because of recalls, etc. because they are the ones who took the jobs to the substandard sweatshops because of cheaper labor.  We spent many hours and driving time one day looking for an American flag "Made in America."  We were very upset and loudly informed several store managers about it. I will be dam*ed if I will fly an American flag made in a foreign country.   Rant over - sorry. 

Special delivery!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »

I threw out stuff that was made in China. Nightclothes that catch on fire, lead in the paint, not even toothpaste is exempt.. like gimme a break.. how stupid are we for letting these goods come in here ? Where the heck are the standards we have in North America ?
AND it it North American companies who have these sweat shops in Asia and cheap labor countries.
I have been reading labels more, but I don't have the resources to  do lab tests on my purchases and I am too old to do the back to the land thing and grow everything I eat, buy a sheep / yak / goat / emu / ostrich and spin my own yarn for clothes that I sew by hand by candle after a day of back breaking work pulling the plow. 

That gave me a chuckle remembering one of my daughter's teachers, at a parent/teacher conference told me that dght. informed him that "My dad says if he can't kill it or grow it, we don't need to eat it!"   

I don't feel one bit sorry for any of these companies "loosing money" because of recalls, etc. because they are the ones who took the jobs to the substandard sweatshops because of cheaper labor.  We spent many hours and driving time one day looking for an American flag "Made in America."  We were very upset and loudly informed several store managers about it. I will be dam*ed if I will fly an American flag made in a foreign country.   Rant over - sorry. 

My Dad preached this sort of thing daily in our lives...he was disgusted with not being able to shop and find things made in America many years ago & wouldn't buy unless it had the label.  We didn't always understand....

Knowing many of our manufacturers go to other countries for cheaper labor & supplies shoould make us all more aware.....American flags, clothing, cookies, crackers, toothpaste, cosmetics, pet food....you name it.....

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2007, 10:09:55 PM »

GREAT SHOW DANA!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »

I think we should rant about these things. I am in Canada and it is the same thing here. I might have to start making toys for the grandkids. Out of what, I don't know. how many toys can you make out of pine cones and rocks and maple leaves. And stick it together with triple boiled maple syrup. Smile
I want to go to Walmart, fill up the cart with cheap goods made in Asia, take it thu the check out and then change my mind just B4 I pay.   Cool Cool
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #713 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »

Yes, good show Dana, my fellow Canuck.
oldencrabby
Scared Monkey

« Reply #714 on: August 21, 2007, 10:22:32 PM »

I buy as much local goods as possible and try to find American made items, but they are becoming fewer and fewer.  Remember the "Look for the Union label" ad that used to be on TV?  Haven't seen that in years!  I am most particular about what we eat, but certain other things such as the flag mean a lot to me.
I guess I am fortunate to live in an area where I can have a big garden and am in good health to can and freeze foods. We are hunters and otherwise have good farms in the area.
BTW, Terry Fator won America's Got Talent.   
Guess that mean's he won't be performing at the Groundhog Festival for a while!   Laughing

Special delivery!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #715 on: August 21, 2007, 10:30:25 PM »

I buy as much local goods as possible and try to find American made items, but they are becoming fewer and fewer.  Remember the "Look for the Union label" ad that used to be on TV?  Haven't seen that in years!  I am most particular about what we eat, but certain other things such as the flag mean a lot to me.
I guess I am fortunate to live in an area where I can have a big garden and am in good health to can and freeze foods. We are hunters and otherwise have good farms in the area.
BTW, Terry Fator won America's Got Talent.   
Guess that mean's he won't be performing at the Groundhog Festival for a while!   Laughing
I try to buy what I can that is made locally... foodstuffs. But the kids want the toys what they see their friends have.. the name brands you could always count on Fisher Price, PlaySkool, V-Tech, Sesame Street Elmos, etc... even if a person sews, where does the material come from ? It is a revolting situation. Asia dumps their crap here, puts North American businesses out of business and we buy that crap.   
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #716 on: August 21, 2007, 11:10:59 PM »

Anybody see this!

Man Charged With Kidnapping, Trying To Sexually Assault Young Girls in Gaston County

GASTONIA, N.C. -- Police in Gaston County say an illegal immigrant kidnapped and tried to sexually assault two little girls Saturday.

They say Ramon Zamora-Solano, 41, told the girls to come into his apartment in Gastonia. The 6- and 5-year-old girls were playing outside at a birthday party on Duhart Avenue. Police say the girls said no, and Zamora-Solano hit them and dragged them into the apartment by their hair before locking the door.

The girl's parents went looking for them, and found them in the apartment. They say Zamora-Solano’s pants were open, and one of the girls' dresses was pulled up. The girl's fathers attacked Ramon Zamora Solano, leaving him bruised.

Zamora-Solano told a judge Monday he wanted to explain his side of the story. But the judge told him to talk to his lawyer first.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13934379/detail.html

I think shoot, shovel, & shut-up would have been more appropriate.

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #717 on: August 21, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »

Anybody see this!

Man Charged With Kidnapping, Trying To Sexually Assault Young Girls in Gaston County

GASTONIA, N.C. -- Police in Gaston County say an illegal immigrant kidnapped and tried to sexually assault two little girls Saturday.

They say Ramon Zamora-Solano, 41, told the girls to come into his apartment in Gastonia. The 6- and 5-year-old girls were playing outside at a birthday party on Duhart Avenue. Police say the girls said no, and Zamora-Solano hit them and dragged them into the apartment by their hair before locking the door.

The girl's parents went looking for them, and found them in the apartment. They say Zamora-Solano’s pants were open, and one of the girls' dresses was pulled up. The girl's fathers attacked Ramon Zamora Solano, leaving him bruised.

Zamora-Solano told a judge Monday he wanted to explain his side of the story. But the judge told him to talk to his lawyer first.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/13934379/detail.html

I think shoot, shovel, & shut-up would have been more appropriate.

I'm suprised he's still alive.  I think if I were the father I'd probably have killed him.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #718 on: August 22, 2007, 12:00:34 AM »

Hey everyone. There's an important announcement in the Lounge:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2066.0

Thanks.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: August 22, 2007, 12:32:28 AM »

I went to sleep listening to Dana's program but what I heard of it was good.

Had to go back to dr and get some pain meds as I am really hurting this afternoon and evening, like every muscle but some more than others.  He said not unusual from heat related crap.

I feel really loopy.  I mean more so than usual.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.