April 18, 2024, 12:53:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 270998 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: August 22, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »

I went to sleep listening to Dana's program but what I heard of it was good.

Had to go back to dr and get some pain meds as I am really hurting this afternoon and evening, like every muscle but some more than others.  He said not unusual from heat related crap.

I feel really loopy.  I mean more so than usual.

Sorry to hear you are in pain Anna.  Keep resting and make sure you drink lots of water.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: August 22, 2007, 12:38:58 AM »

Not in much pain now, San.  He gave me samples of Vocodin which is a narcotic!  But the words are kind of crawling around on the screen just a little bit.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: August 22, 2007, 12:40:58 AM »

I am drinking delicious Green Tea Cirtus flavor Diet Lipton, my fav.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: August 22, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

I am thinking about starting a Stock Market thread.  I wonder if there would be any interest.  Many boomers have 401K's and should be paying attention.

Any thoughts on that from anybody, please post as I don't want to do that and there be no interst.

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: August 22, 2007, 12:44:01 AM »

Not in much pain now, San.  He gave me samples of Vocodin which is a narcotic!  But the words are kind of crawling around on the screen just a little bit.

Yes Vocodin will help.  My doctor gave me that when I had my first surgery and then he gave me Oxycodone after my second surgery.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: August 22, 2007, 12:45:33 AM »

I went to sleep listening to Dana's program but what I heard of it was good.

Had to go back to dr and get some pain meds as I am really hurting this afternoon and evening, like every muscle but some more than others.  He said not unusual from heat related crap.

I feel really loopy.  I mean more so than usual.

Anna - I'm sorry you are feeling bad still.  Good that you were able to get some pain meds though.  You better stay out of the sun tomorrow!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:28 AM »

Yesterday it was the hay and today grains for the horses.  I have to let the man in and out to deliver ot.  Also would have to block the doggie doors and make all mine stay inside and they would be upset.  If they go out, I have to be sure there is lots of water all around as some are still young pups and don't know to go back inside for water, etc.

And constant influx of feed for all has to be dealt with but will take it as easy as I can.  From about three in the afternoon until dark, it is pretty warm even inside as A/C is not geared to deal with heat this extreme.  And that's another thing.

The guy said I was getting an A/c unit larger than recommended and now I am so glad I did.  He said he could not recommend getting one that large at the time and made a big deal out of it.  Now when it is 100 degrees, it will cool down to about 78 is all.  Imagine if I had the smaller one he said to get.

Maybe I should call him up and remind him about that, lol!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: August 22, 2007, 01:01:38 AM »

I don't see Carnut logged on to tell the movie review for the night so guess I will have to head for the Monkey Bunkey and just try to find something to go to sleep by. 

Everything turns into info mercials on my TV this late at night and I know better than to watch those while taking pain meds!  Tomorrow I would be the proud owner of who knows what, whatever they are selling basically, lol.

Goodnight!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: August 22, 2007, 01:08:46 AM »

Nite Anna
crazybabyborg
« Reply #729 on: August 22, 2007, 01:11:18 AM »

Oh, Please somebody be up! I am ROLLING!

I was making Halloween avis. I don't think there's a thing I can do to improve this one!!!!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:24:42 AM by crazybabyborg » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: August 22, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »

Oh, Please somebody be up! I am ROLLING!

I was making Halloween avis. I don't think there's a thing I can do to improve this one!!!!

LOLOL  Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe put a hat, a witches hat on Oldfart?  Or some kind of hat.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 01:30:48 AM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: August 22, 2007, 01:35:09 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #732 on: August 22, 2007, 02:20:30 AM »

OK!  Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing           silent silent      Shocked Shocked
Jerry from Ohio
Monkey Junky Jr.

mom always said that I was cute as a Bunny <g>

« Reply #733 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:07 AM »

Oh Good Lord you two CBB and Klaas 
That hat is awesome  LOL  !!!
  You Two are absolutly incorrageable  ( Think that is the word I;m looking for  ROFL <G>
   Jerry from Ohio

OK!  Wink

Laughing Laughing Laughing           silent silent      Shocked Shocked

Old Jer from Ohio
" I'm wild and a little crazy too ! 
 Some Girls don't  like boys like me  ,AWE, But some girls do  !

IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jerryfromOhio/Howdy.jpg[/IMG]
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #734 on: August 22, 2007, 09:57:38 AM »

Good morning....have been reading here and there.   Seems no one is in a musing mood just yet. (should say for several hours  Razz)

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: August 22, 2007, 10:18:23 AM »

Good morning....have been reading here and there.   Seems no one is in a musing mood just yet. (should say for several hours  Razz)

Good morning sunny  How are you this fine HUMP day 2NJ?  I was running around doing things, trying to fight my way to the puter.  I was in mood to muse, life just keeping getting in the way.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #736 on: August 22, 2007, 10:36:05 AM »

Good morning sunny  How are you this fine HUMP day 2NJ?  I was running around doing things, trying to fight my way to the puter.  I was in mood to muse, life just keeping getting in the way.

Ah, you just reminded me of a friend I used to work with.  She always mentioned HUMP day to keep our spirits up while shuffling numerous projects with close timelines. 

I'm fine.  There is road construction going on here for months and they start at 7am.  This morning they pulled our cable wire off the house with the big shovel (sounded like they dropped something on the roof).  I watched as they put it back half-a$$ed.  There's more to this nightnare, but I won't go there.

It's cold & cloudy...only about 57 degrees in my area.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2007, 10:50:09 AM »

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20070822/D8R5PMDG0.html

Bird Grilled, but Lives to Tell Tale

Aug 21, 10:09 PM (ET)

BENTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - A wild bird is little worse for wear after being hit by a car while crossing a road, then spending two days trapped behind the car's grille. Connie Ankli said she unknowingly drove around with the bird, believed to be a quail, inside her vehicle's front end. "Oh, I love grilled poultry. But I usually buy it at the store," she said.

The bird was recovering from its experience at the home of Frank Filmore, a technician at Kepner's Precision Auto Krafters in Berrien County's Benton Township, about 175 miles west of Detroit.  Shocked

(snipped)

(AP) A bird is shown standing in the grill of Connie Ankli's vehicle on Aug. 15, 2007. Ankli, of St....
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:15 AM »

This may prove to be an interesting story.  It certainly is strange.  Two healthy 18-year-olds looking forward to their futures were found floating in the shallow waters of Marquis Basin near Milton, FL.  Zack has been described by relatives as a strong swimmer and very athletic.  He was looking forward to starting his freshman year in college this week.  Amber was like many young, attractive girls and sought out an opportunity in modeling.  She had recently been accepted into a modeling school.

According to friends and relatives these kids were not lovers, but very close friends.  So the Romeo/Juliet scenario does not seem to be likely.  I suppose it is possible that one could have fallen in the water and the other attempted a rescue, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense either.  Time will tell……

Autopsy results show no signs of trauma in the deaths of two Santa Rosa County teenagers.

18 year olds Amber McCranie and Zackery McCurley were found floating in the Marquis Basin off the coast of Milton Sunday.

Medical examiners will turn to toxicology reports for information. Results could take up to eight weeks.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »

This may prove to be an interesting story.  It certainly is strange.  Two healthy 18-year-olds looking forward to their futures were found floating in the shallow waters of Marquis Basin near Milton, FL.  Zack has been described by relatives as a strong swimmer and very athletic.  He was looking forward to starting his freshman year in college this week.  Amber was like many young, attractive girls and sought out an opportunity in modeling.  She had recently been accepted into a modeling school.

According to friends and relatives these kids were not lovers, but very close friends.  So the Romeo/Juliet scenario does not seem to be likely.  I suppose it is possible that one could have fallen in the water and the other attempted a rescue, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense either.  Time will tell……

Autopsy results show no signs of trauma in the deaths of two Santa Rosa County teenagers.

18 year olds Amber McCranie and Zackery McCurley were found floating in the Marquis Basin off the coast of Milton Sunday.

Medical examiners will turn to toxicology reports for information. Results could take up to eight weeks.

Her myspace site is very interresting.  Just started reading through it.  She looks like she may have been troubled:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=227429102

Here is Zak's

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=29181792
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 10:58:49 AM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.