April 26, 2024, 05:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271272 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #840 on: August 23, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »

That's the best one yet.  Why stop? 

It was titled "Breaking a Move in Aruba".  More like breaking wind in Aruba...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #841 on: August 23, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

Klaas! You are cracking me up! I wanna see how Red dances the mambo while shaking those carachas!  Laughing
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #842 on: August 23, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »

I am sure the Kalpoes like to dance!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #843 on: August 23, 2007, 12:30:58 PM »

Klaas! You are cracking me up! I wanna see how Red dances the mambo while shaking those carachas!  Laughing

http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/331463
crazybabyborg
« Reply #844 on: August 23, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

Shocked Red's going through an identity crisis.  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: August 23, 2007, 12:40:42 PM »

Shocked Red's going through an identity crisis.  Laughing

I thought Betty would be cute, LOL.  Have to get some real work done now, back to working and lurking.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #846 on: August 23, 2007, 12:42:28 PM »

I always knew Renfro had a hairy chest  Laughing Laughing Laughing

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: August 23, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »

Funny dog story:

I got my little Yorkie male a Kong treat holder toy.  The idea is that you put a treat inside it and the dog is entertained trying to get the treat out which he can do but has to work a bit for it.

So now he drops the toy w/treat at my feet and paws me to get the treat out for him!!!   Shocked  Annoying as heck!

They didn't say anything about this happening in the advertisement!   Rolling Eyes  Said the dog would spend endless hours being entertained, etc. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:51 PM »

Funny dog story:

I got my little Yorkie male a Kong treat holder toy.  The idea is that you put a treat inside it and the dog is entertained trying to get the treat out which he can do but has to work a bit for it.

So now he drops the toy w/treat at my feet and paws me to get the treat out for him!!!   Shocked  Annoying as heck!

They didn't say anything about this happening in the advertisement!   Rolling Eyes Said the dog would spend endless hours being entertained, etc. 

The advertisement is telling the truth actually.  The dog is spending endless hours being entertained-by annoying you to get the treat out for him.    I don't think that was what was intended though.  lol  I have gotten kongs for my pups before and they enjoy them.  Maybe your Yorkie is smarter than the average dog. Idea

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #849 on: August 23, 2007, 01:24:58 PM »

Muffy,
Yorkies are in the top ten in intelligence but are not as trainable and eager to please as some breeds.  Obviously.

I heard yesterday about a Border Collie named Reeko (Riko--am spelling phoenetically) who had a vocabulary of two hundred words.  He could identify all his toys by name.  When a strange toy was added and he was sent into another room and told to retrieve the strange toy, by strange new name, he was smart enough to determine that the strange toy had to be the new one and bring it back.

Dogs are incredibly good at reading human faces, too, I have read.  Better than even our near cousins, chimps.

This is why I get so outraged about dog abuse as in Michael Vick and those who call dog fighting a sport.  I would like for them to be mauled by a few of these dogs they have ruined for life themselves and see how much fun they think that is.

But while very intelligent, Yorkies are far from the easiest to train, etc.  They seem to have their own opinions about things similar to cats in some ways.  You know this having a couple yourself!  When they are good, they are very, very good but when they are bad, they are horrid!

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: August 23, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »

Bobby Cutts Jr. Indicted on Murder Charges in Deaths of Jessie Davis, Unborn Child
Thursday , August 23, 2007

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294247,00.html

A grand jury brought seven indictments against a former police officer accused of killing pregnant Ohio mom Jessie Davis, including three counts of aggravated murder, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Bobby Cutts Jr. will face one count of murder for Davis' death and two counts of murder for the death of her unborn child, called "baby Chloe," when he is arraigned Friday morning, Stark County Prosecutor John D. Ferrero said at a news conference.

"There's not much that we can say regarding the facts of this case. I hope the media can respect that," Ferrero said Thursday. "We fully intend for this case to go to trial and at that point in time you will be able to hear the circumstances behind this case."

The grand jury also leveled felony charges of aggravated burglary, two counts of abuse of a corpse and one misdemeanor count of child endangerment against the former Canton police officer. The murder charges could bring the death penalty, Ferrero said.

Cutts' attorney, Myron Watson, said he would comment after he had a chance to review the indictment. Cutts maintains his innocence, he said Wednesday.

Myisha Ferrell, Cutts' former high school classmate, faces two charges at her Friday arraignment: obstructing justice and complicity to the abuse of a corpse. The first charge carries a maximum of 5 years in prison; the second, 18 months. Prosecutors accuse her of helping dispose of Davis' body.

"They were friends and somehow she got involved," Ferrero said. "We will show that, again, at the trial."

Davis, 26, was killed in her home near North Canton on June 14, authorities have said. Her disappearance drew national attention as thousands gathered to search for her in the area surrounding her home, about 45 miles south of Cleveland.

Davis' body, still carrying a nearly full-term fetus, was found nine days later about 25 miles away from her home in a remote area of a park.

Ferrero said the grand jury's indictment came back Wednesday afternoon.

The 30-year-old Cutts is the father of Davis' 2 1/2-year-old son, Blake, and her family says he was the father of "baby Chloe" who was due to be delivered July 3.

Prosecutors have 90 days from Cutts' June 23 arrest to take the case to trial. Cutts is being held on a $5 million bond.

Cutts has been secluded from the general inmate population, officials said.

Davis was reported missing when her mother went to her home and found Blake in a dirty diaper, the bedroom furniture toppled and a pool of bleach on the floor.

Blake provided authorities with the first clues, saying: "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug."

Earlier this month, Summit County medical examiner Lisa Kohler said she was unable to determine how Davis was killed.

Kohler ruled that the manner of death was a homicide but offered no other details, listing the cause as "unspecified homicidal violence."

Investigators had previously stated that the advanced decomposition of the body would make determining a cause difficult.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #851 on: August 23, 2007, 01:48:40 PM »

Anna I have two yorkies and they seem pretty smart, but have a mind of their own, it seems.  lol  We also have 3 salukis and aren't exactly trainable either we've found.  We have friends that have salukis too, and we haven't found one yet that wants to fetch.  You throw something and they kind of just look at you...I read an article about folks  that tried to race some salukis against greyhounds, but the salukis won't go around the track.  They just cut across.  lol.  A friend of ours that raises Golden Retrievers and has perfectly trained dogs of her own tried to come and work with us and the salukis.  She threw her hands up.  lol  Just not the same breeds.

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: August 23, 2007, 01:52:26 PM »

I know I'm slow in expressing this... but

I'm not sure which makes me more  angry...
Michael Vick's story  or the BS by Stephon Marbury
"from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294151,00.html

I hope someone looks real close to see if Mr. Marbury participated in any way in the behind the closed door sport 

Oh Hi Monkeys 

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: August 23, 2007, 01:57:04 PM »

Hi OldF. I know what you mean about feeling about people that abuse animals.  I've read the 50 dogs seized from Mike Vick's place may have to be put to death, because no one has come forward to claim them and they are not exactly adoptable, because of the way they've been reared.  I also read that the dogs are being kept in different animal shelters, scattered around and it's not made public where they are, because they are a hot commodity-very valuable and there are fears they would be stolen Shocked  I saw the article when I was reading late last night.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #854 on: August 23, 2007, 02:20:11 PM »

Speaking of Yorkies - they are trying my patience this week in a BIG way.

I have one in heat to be bred this week.  Another has her pups at 8 weeks old and they are cute as buttins, but while bathing them yesterday I notices that 2 of the 4 still have their rear dew claws. Of course, this infururiates me b/c at 3 days of age you take them in to the vet to be removed when their tails are docked. Now they will have o be removed when they are spayed.

We just had a litter Tuesday morning as well.  My whelping/weaning pen is at my friends house b/c I thought I had more time.  Anyway to make a long story short, Mama wouldn't stay in the pen last night, so I put a baby gate over the top.  At about 2 AM, I hear crash, bang, boom.  I run up the stairs, there is only one baby left in the pen.  I found the second rolled up in the sherpa down for mom & pups.  Third pup cannot be located for about 15 minutes.  He was rolled up in the cover on the couch.  Geesh.  I was ready to give up breeding last night.  Arghhhhh...!!!!  No sleep for me this week.  I was ready to give up breeding .  Ughhh.  But I won't.  Arn't they precious?

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #855 on: August 23, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »

Sunfreak2,

Those babies are adorable!!!

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: August 23, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »

I know I'm slow in expressing this... but

I'm not sure which makes me more  angry...
Michael Vick's story  or the BS by Stephon Marbury
"from what I hear, dogfighting is a sport. It's just behind closed doors."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294151,00.html

I hope someone looks real close to see if Mr. Marbury participated in any way in the behind the closed door sport 

Oh Hi Monkeys 

Stephon Marbury is a troublemaker.  He has problems with everyone he has played with especially the coaches.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #857 on: August 23, 2007, 04:26:47 PM »

Sunfreak the pups are PRECIOUS !!!!!!!! I want one but I have too many pets  Sad

Kittens are easier, we just kept them in a wading pool and it was a while before they could get out  Laughing but they did "mew mew mew" all night long which kept me running to check on them.

I also finally bought an X-pen to keep them out of my living room, only thing big enough they could not climb over  Rolling Eyes

San-

Don't get me started on the state of football or it's heroes, I'm already upsetting Spooky about the king saban in the football thread. The NFL is making the NBA look like choir boys lately......but anyone who can willingly drown a dog or electrocute them is far too desensitized to be anyone's hero. Son has an autographed Vick helmet that was a gift to him, he has it in a closet now and is ashamed of him.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #858 on: August 23, 2007, 04:30:42 PM »

Anna I have two yorkies and they seem pretty smart, but have a mind of their own, it seems.  lol  We also have 3 salukis and aren't exactly trainable either we've found.  We have friends that have salukis too, and we haven't found one yet that wants to fetch.  You throw something and they kind of just look at you...I read an article about folks  that tried to race some salukis against greyhounds, but the salukis won't go around the track.  They just cut across.  lol.  A friend of ours that raises Golden Retrievers and has perfectly trained dogs of her own tried to come and work with us and the salukis.  She threw her hands up.  lol  Just not the same breeds.

too bad they can't chase those giant centipedes you have out there too  Laughing

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #859 on: August 23, 2007, 06:06:36 PM »

Former Vic fans are turning in jerseys with his number, etc. on them to local animal shelters to be used to clean out the pens and for the animals to have.

I don't think this man should ever be allowed to set foot on a field again.  But PETA is on to him and I don't think they will rest if he does.  Lots of people just would not attend anything at any time in the future involving his return to his career, myself included.

As far as my opinion goes, this man is a monster and should be treated as such.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.