April 26, 2024, 02:46:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271269 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #960 on: August 24, 2007, 08:04:08 AM »

Saying your certified to me is dangerous! I've been in Mental Health, remember?  Laughing

EXCELLENT, Mrs. Red! The Paralegals I have dealt with always know more than the attorneys they work for!

The attorney I used around Mom's wreck has hired me a few times for clients in health care, and has tried and tried to convince me to go for the education requirements to be a mediator. Apparently you don't have to be an attorney first.

We use mediators in many cases.  That would be an interesting gig for you.  Pays pretty well too from the checks I've seen cross my desk........  You'll be great at whatever you choose.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #961 on: August 24, 2007, 08:16:13 AM »

CBB, I'm really here.  I think being a paralegal would be really interesting.  We use several female attorneys here.  And most will tell you they count on their paralegals.

I wonder how long it would take to get certified?  Hmmmm....

Would give me something to do once when I'm done with this cancer crap.

Expect a miracle.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #962 on: August 24, 2007, 08:24:37 AM »

Good morning.  Rise and shine sunny

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #963 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:36 AM »

Who would have thunk it!  Mother Teresa was just as confused as most of us.  Shocked

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/23/eveningnews/main3199062.shtml

Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #964 on: August 24, 2007, 09:49:27 AM »

"Well, isn't that special....."   Laughing Laughing Laughing

GREENSBORO, N.C., Aug. 23, 2007
----------------------------------------------------------------------

(AP) A 71-year-old woman was arrested on drug charges after a chest-high marijuana plant was found in her yard, a plant she said was meant to keep animals away from her garden.

A sheriff's deputy saw the plant as he drove past Betty Holt Walker's home earlier this month, according to Capt. Tony Caliendo of the Guilford County Sheriff's Department.

The deputy stopped to investigate and found five smaller plants behind a shed, as well as marijuana stems and seeds, and a water bong made from a soda bottle inside the house, Caliendo said.

Walker told the deputy she found the first plant _ which had grown to more than 4 feet tall when he saw it _ in her garden and repotted it. She said it was a special plant used to keep animals out of her front yard.

"This wasn't something that was meant to keep animals away," Caliendo said.

Walker is due in court Sept. 12 to face charges of manufacturing marijuana and felony possession of marijuana. A daughter who lives in the home was unaware the plants were in the yard and was not charged, Caliendo said.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #965 on: August 24, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »

This is horrible.
I wonder what in the world happened?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #966 on: August 24, 2007, 11:18:13 AM »

ST. PAUL, Minn. —  A security video from an apartment hallway shows at least 10 witnesses ignored a woman's cries for help for more than an hour as a man beat and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors in Minnesota said.

The surveillance video clearly showed men and women looking out their apartment doors or starting to walk down the hallway before retreating as the woman was assaulted for nearly 90 minutes, police spokesman Tom Walsh said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294352,00.html
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #967 on: August 24, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »

ST. PAUL, Minn. —  A security video from an apartment hallway shows at least 10 witnesses ignored a woman's cries for help for more than an hour as a man beat and sexually assaulted her, prosecutors in Minnesota said.

The surveillance video clearly showed men and women looking out their apartment doors or starting to walk down the hallway before retreating as the woman was assaulted for nearly 90 minutes, police spokesman Tom Walsh said.

Disgusting behavior.  What kept any of the witnesses from dialing 911? 

Expect a miracle.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #968 on: August 24, 2007, 11:46:26 AM »

Disgusting behavior.  What kept any of the witnesses from dialing 911? 

Hmm--Stupidity???

There is so much going on now-a-days that I can only say WTF???

BTW - Good morning monkeys...work has been so busy, it has seriously cut into my Monkey time....Poo Poo on work!!!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #969 on: August 24, 2007, 12:15:57 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys,

More of the same as far as the heat wave on tap for the Southland today and tomorrow:

Current Forecast
Today

Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 10am. Partly cloudy and hot, with a high near 100. Heat index values as high as 105. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Tonight

Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 77. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Increasing clouds, with a high near 96. Heat index values as high as 106. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph. 
Saturday Night

A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 75. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #970 on: August 24, 2007, 12:24:12 PM »

Easy,
Castor bean plants are supposed to keep burrowing rodents away.  Maybe that is what this elderly woman was trying to claim she thought the pot was.

The homemade bong inside the house tends to mess up her excuse, however.

So much of that stuff has been planted in and around here I have wondered how long before it becomes indigenous to the region, lol!  Favorite trick, however, is to plant on somebody else's property, deep in woods, etc. so knowing it will live in the wild, I guess that will be the next excuse, it just popped up here.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #971 on: August 24, 2007, 12:32:10 PM »

Easy,
Castor bean plants are supposed to keep burrowing rodents away.  Maybe that is what this elderly woman was trying to claim she thought the pot was.

The homemade bong inside the house tends to mess up her excuse, however.

So much of that stuff has been planted in and around here I have wondered how long before it becomes indigenous to the region, lol!  Favorite trick, however, is to plant on somebody else's property, deep in woods, etc. so knowing it will live in the wild, I guess that will be the next excuse, it just popped up here.

They are pretty plants when grown correctly, and useful too.  Hemp, you know. Cool
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #972 on: August 24, 2007, 12:39:07 PM »

Those plants confiscated in the arrest of Lorenzo must be that new Nederweed, the super plant as they certainly looked tremendously healthy and large.

So the Dutch excel at not only tulips and daffodils but have turned their horticultural talents to other areas as well.

And with success from what I saw of those plants.  Make the ones found around here look positively scruffy.

LOL!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #973 on: August 24, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »

We need San to get us to Page 50!

PERSONA NON GRATA

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #974 on: August 24, 2007, 12:51:18 PM »

We need San to get us to Page 50!

Yes and I was going to ask for your help.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #975 on: August 24, 2007, 12:52:42 PM »

Maybe I can help

Hello everyone

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #976 on: August 24, 2007, 12:53:19 PM »

Maybe I can help

Hello everyone

OS

Hi OS,

Yes please do.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #977 on: August 24, 2007, 12:53:27 PM »

What are we having for Fried-Days lunch?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #978 on: August 24, 2007, 12:53:33 PM »

AJC Breaking News:

Falcons QB Michael Vick signs plea agreement in which he admits to dogfighting allegations
Indicted Falcons quarterback Michael Vick has signed a plea agreement in which he admits to dogfighting allegations that include promoting a business enterprise involving gambling and sponsoring and transporting dogs in dogfighting operations, according to court documents.

PERSONA NON GRATA

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #979 on: August 24, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »

Loading very slow

Hi San

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.