May 01, 2024, 10:11:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #2 8/17 - 8/24/2007  (Read 271438 times)
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2007, 12:14:42 PM »

Good morning all!
How is everbody doing today?

Hello, NYC_lover............there seems to be a little confusion about what can or cannot be discussed on this thread.  Guess we're waiting for clarification.

How are things in your part of the world?

Ok, NJ_mom. I understand. I think, the things been well, in the world, where I live in.
Just was check de newspaper, De Telegraaf and was see, not really bad news. Only has a boy of 14 year, a boy of 15 year stabbed in his abdomen/belly. And a toddler of 1,5 year was falling in water, whereas it bride couple was, tell together yes. This little girl lays in the hospital now. Very sad! Crying or Very sad

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: August 19, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »

Folks,

What is so difficult to comprehend? We have gone over this and over this and over this. There is a balance between community and respect for a thread. That is what this is about. Some rules need to be followed, that is respect for SM, missing persons families. No one ever said you can't say the world Natalee Holloway in the Musings thread ... it is asked that once you begin only talking about it ... you go to that particular thread. There are many reasons for this.

We set up two threads so not to have idle conversation going on in a thread that is about a missing dead girl. Would you want that if it was your child?

Scared Monkeys forums are set up for two purposes, community and to responsibly discuss and follow missing persons stories as well as other issue. Never once did we ever say we are about one topic and one issue.

There is nothing wrong with community, in fact we have gone to great Lenghts to create a community that has lasted the test of time even though many have gone out of their way to destroy it.

The one thing that all must keep in mind ... please respect what is being done here. You do not have to care about the hours and hours of work that is put into the forums and front page. (It would be nice though). However, you do need to respect and I hope appreciate the work that is put forth. Please take a look what you have and ask yourself where you have this opportunity?

SM has actually been on the cutting edge of blogs/forums in what they bring to people. You have such incredible access to families of MP, Pundits like Clint Van Zandt and Wendy Murphy, Tim Miller, Beth, Dave, and so many other interviews that are set up with Dana.

There are so many things that are being pointed to the future that many of you I think fail to see that you are on the ground floor of some amazing on-line stuff.

To complain about where to post and in what thread is rather amazing.

Let me just explain the reason why talking about a specific topic in an appropriate thread is important. It may not be to you, but it is to the family of a missing person.

No one can read everything that is in a thread in all areas. Some people just do not have the time. If a family member or person wanting to discuss and research a particular missing person, or any story know exactly where to go.

There is a reason for all of this and I would like to think that what we have created here would actually be appreciated, not continuously criticized.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #282 on: August 19, 2007, 12:23:44 PM »

Good morning all!
How is everbody doing today?

Hello, NYC_lover............there seems to be a little confusion about what can or cannot be discussed on this thread.  Guess we're waiting for clarification.

How are things in your part of the world?

Ok, NJ_mom. I understand. I think, the things been well, in the world, where I live in.
Just was check de newspaper, De Telegraaf and was see, not really bad news. Only has a boy of 14 year, a boy of 15 year stabbed in his abdomen/belly. And a toddler of 1,5 year was falling in water, whereas it bride couple was, tell together yes. This little girl lays in the hospital now. Very sad! Crying or Very sad
2NJ_Mom
Look at the "Subject Line"  It should say whether it's Monkey Musings or Natalee Holloway or whatever Subject there is we have a thread for.  I love you to pieces NJMom, but I don't understand.  I think I know which way SM is trying to move things out of Natalee's thread that don't have to do with her case.  Should we talk about where we went shopping in that one?  I couldn't imagine doing that in the Missing and Exploited threads.  I wouldn't talk about my tax free weekend for shopping under Stepha Henry's thread...Maybe Natalee's thread needs to be moved over with the unsolved crimes.  Would that make it different?  I know it has been like the main place we all meet and gather, and I think that is what is trying to be done with Musings.  {{{hugs}}} jmo

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: August 19, 2007, 12:23:53 PM »

Hey y'all....

Here are a few ]things I wonder about ... in answer to what feels to me   like EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU COMPLAINING...[/color

if we are all here talking about Natalee - why is it that when I or anyone says let's go talk about this in the Natalee thread no one will go.... there wasn't any off topic conversation going on last night when I was here, (I mean not about Natalee) because I was off topic and left due to the fact that I wanted to discuss other stuff...

I have never heard of or been told NO Shango in the Natalee thread...

I do know that Shango annoys the living pi$$ out of some of you... and others do not want to ever see anything but Shango....

Some people don't care if it's all mixed up and others do...

but do y'all think that Gloria or Carolyn - two of the moms of missing people that ******* asked to join want to discuss "how thongs are in April or Clinton's thread"?  we don't dare do that to them... and yet somehow it's ok for Natalee...

everyone stays in chat to be the same social club... and refuse basically to ever come out here and talk ... i can think of several people in that category...

so now that I have asked all of this... think about and honestly tell me what exactly is the problem?

if we discussed Natalee for five pages, why couldn't we all have moved the thread to her thread?  I would have gladly helped Klaas move it all...(once she told me how) but when I said let's go there... NO ONE WOULD>>> WHY NOT?

Mrs. Red - excellent points.

The discussion last night although it looked like straight forward NH discussion was reallly more trying to get some answers pertaining to some Shango/Simian posts.  I let the conversations go because I didn't want to argue about it but I figured it would be looked at as excessive by Red and Dugga.

What you have pointed out is very true, we don't "chat" about the weather in the Donna Jou thread or any of the other missing persons threads so why is it OK in the NH thread?

One last thought on all this, then I am off--no, we don't chatter in the threads of other missing persons the way it was done in Natalee's thread and she deserves this same level of discussion and respect.  Notice how shocking the very idea seems for those with immediate family members posting here, very offensive thing to do, and yet some find it a desirable thing to do to Natalee's discussion.  I have to wonder why and what is the difference?

And some seem determined to not even give this format a try by avoiding it all.  At least, I have tried to participate and found for the most part that it does work well.

Perhaps others might find the same thing if they actually gave it a try instead of saying why it won't work and refusing to even try it. 

A captive audience is just that and it does not mean that everyone is interested in all the things being posted because they are there trying to find out about Natalee.

Some of us just don't have the time to download and sort through all the chit chat to find out the actual news we are looking for and are far from comfortable posting about Natalee among the okra, grits, condoms, thongs, rats and other things as though all are of equal interest and importance.  I just won't do that to this missing child any more.  Just because it was done in the past doesn't make it right.

But I will await clarified instructions on what should be posted here and what should not.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #284 on: August 19, 2007, 12:26:15 PM »

Red ~ I think some are just still a little confused over the Musing thread ~ I really didn't take it as complaining or criticism . . . maybe I'm dense, but I didn't take it that way.

Again, just my opinion, but it looks like folks *want* to do the right thing, and were only looking for guidance and clarification.

Most, if not all of us, appreciate EVERYTHING you, Klaas, Dugga, San, *******, Mrs. Red do to keep this a top-notch place. 

While I'm rambling, Red, do you think you could talk Robert Cooke into joining?  He would be a tremendous asset.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: August 19, 2007, 12:28:03 PM »

I am embarrassed that Red felt like he needed to come in here and post that.  JMO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #286 on: August 19, 2007, 12:35:40 PM »

Let me just reiterate one thing again.

No one has ever stated that Natalee cannot be mentioned in the Musings thread. However, it should be as follows: has anyone heard anything new? Has anyone come up with any theories about the bone that was found? General comments. Then the correct response from either an Admin, moderator or Monkey should be ... yea they are discussing it right now in the NH thread ... lets all go there and talk in more detail.

The Musings thread is general talk ... about anything going on in the day. One a topic becomes more detailed ... thats when it goes to a thread.

For example Hurricane Dean. Right now common posts can be made about the damage being caused. Lets say that, and let's pray it does not occur, but what happens when Dean becomes like Hurricane Katrina. That will have to be discussed in its own thread ... just like we did back when Katrina occurred.

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #287 on: August 19, 2007, 12:38:47 PM »

Uh, Red ~ Sorry if I'm nagging, but did you see my question about Robert Cooke (2 posts up)?  Confused
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #288 on: August 19, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »

Thanks Red and Mrs. Red and Anna I will try the different tabs. IMO I don't think anyone of us meant to show any disrespect for all the hard work you, Dugga and Klaas and all Good Monkeys put in here... but there were just some confusing areas and I now see clearer the M.O.

Thanks

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: August 19, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »

Thank you, Red.

Got it!

And it was working.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #290 on: August 19, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »

Uh, Red ~ Sorry if I'm nagging, but did you see my question about Robert Cooke (2 posts up)?  Confused

You are not nagging at all.

I would love to have Robert join. We sometimes get so busy that we forget to do certain things. We have been meaning to get Robert Cooke on for an interview with Dana as well.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #291 on: August 19, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »

TCUMom,
Who is Robert Cooke?  I may have known but my brain has the dumb today and I can't recall right now/

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: August 19, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »

IBE,
I am going to make the time this evening to go read the whole Donna Jou thread.  Appreciate all that work you have done but hope you are being careful as no one has been convicted of a crime in relation to this disappearance and you never know who might be lurking around.  Be careful!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #293 on: August 19, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »

None of this is meant to be difficult.

There are so many topics to discuss. Whether they be missing persons, politics, current events, music, etc.

It hardly seems productive to spend one's time complaining about something that we have worked tirelessly on to make right. I would also defy anyone to tell me where so much effort has gone in to make it right.

Please remember, that this sight does so much work behind the scenes that is never seen. SM is bigger than just a social forum and many will soon understand that in the not too distant future.

SM does not grow on trees as so many have found out the hard way. SM has a front page, a forum, live radio interviews and pod-casting. A lot of thought and work goes into making this.

Let's call it community with respect and a social cause.

All three of those need to be balanced.
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: August 19, 2007, 12:59:25 PM »

TCUMom,
Who is Robert Cooke?  I may have known but my brain has the dumb today and I can't recall right now/

Anna ~ Thanks for asking.  I always give TMI and ramble, but what the heck....
His daughter was abducted (?) here in Georgetown, Texas on January 10, 2002.  She was out jogging near her home (she was a cross-country/distance runner), and was literally within a few hundred yards of her home.  Never seen again. 

Tim Miller and Equusearch came to help within 2 days of Rachel missing ~ they stayed for a week as I recall.  Incredible man, and incredible group of people.

Robert, Rachel's dad, has kept a diary on www.kvue.com since the day before she was abducted (he backed up to the day before to give readers a sense of how it progressed).  The diary needs to be published, I believe.  It is a heartbreaking, and at the same time, hopeful read of the journey the family has taken, and are still taking.

Janet (Mom) taught Art with me at the middle school.  Rachel and her younger sister had been in my classes.

Anyway, sorry for talking too much.  Last comment; so sad that this never generated the media response (good or bad) that so many others have benefitted from.....maybe Rachel was before all the media interest in these particular cases.  Sad Sad
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #295 on: August 19, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

TCUMom,

His daughter was abducted (?) here in Georgetown, Texas on January 10, 2002.  She was out jogging near her home (she was a cross-country/distance runner), and was literally within a few hundred yards of her home.  Never seen again. 

Tim Miller and Equusearch came to help within 2 days of Rachel missing ~ they stayed for a week as I recall.  Incredible man, and incredible group of people.

Robert, Rachel's dad, has kept a diary on www.kvue.com since the day before she was abducted (he backed up to the day before to give readers a sense of how it progressed).  The diary needs to be published, I believe.  It is a heartbreaking, and at the same time, hopeful read of the journey the family has taken, and are still taking.

Janet (Mom) taught Art with me at the middle school.  Rachel and her younger sister had been in my classes.

Anyway, sorry for talking too much.  Last comment; so sad that this never generated the media response (good or bad) that so many others have benefitted from.....maybe Rachel was before all the media interest in these particular cases.  Sad Sad

Forgot to add that Rachel was 20, and spending Christmas Break at home, then returning to college in San Diego.  She had extended her stay for a couple of days, as her cousin was marrying that weekend.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #296 on: August 19, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

TCUMom,

At one time, back in 2005 Robert Cooke was a member of SM. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: August 19, 2007, 01:08:56 PM »

FYI - we have a list of almost 74 waiting to join SM. .

I just had a visual of monkeys swinging in from the jungle, waiting with their greencards, in line at SM cage. All sorts of monkeys, short ones, tall ones, old ones-you know...some with hats, some with cats.  Let the games begin.  LOL
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:32:06 PM by klaasend » Logged

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: August 19, 2007, 01:10:13 PM »

Klaas ~ thanks for that info ~ I wish Robert was still here instead of over at CourtTV.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #299 on: August 19, 2007, 01:15:22 PM »

Kudos, Red!

I'm not a family member of a missing person, (Thank God!), but it's so nice to be able to go to the Natalee thread and see everyone's current line of thinking, and any news....about NATALEE. I can catch up quickly, and I honestly believe it fosters more focused thinking because the train of thought isn't so disjointed by unrelated topics.

And, Red's right. It's far more respectful to the families.

I really appreciate being able to feel more free in here to have other conversations, as well. I think we often looked for permission and justifications to be off topic when there was just the one thread. We sort of felt the need to do that because on some level we felt a little disrespectful.

I had misgivings. I so wanted to protect all that had become Scared Monkeys to me. When the change occurred, I was in amazement that those who had orchestrated the change had pulled it off! They actually improved what I felt was perfect!

Give this a chance. We're just in a bigger house and like the gold fish just released in a pond from it's bowl, we'll swim in circles for a while looking for the familiar, not realizing the vastness of the pool. But just like the goldfish, it's an incredible gift!

Thanks to All of The Admin Monkeys that have offered this to us! This place and these folks are unique. It's a group of intelligent, caring people that is well protected by intelligent, caring, people. I don't know where we'd go, anywhere, to duplicate it! We may be "Scared Monkeys", but it makes the world seem a little less scary to me!  {{HUGS}}
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.