March 28, 2024, 05:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dirty Jobs  (Read 10322 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« on: August 18, 2007, 06:52:31 AM »

I love Discovery channel and Dirty Jobs.  Mike Rowe, the host, is originally from Baltimore and used to be an opera singer.  He also used to sell stuff on QVC.  I never saw him before Dirty Jobs.  New shows every Tuesday at 9p Eastern.   

I learn something new every time I watch this show.  How things are made.  What happens to things later.  Who does that job?  Why are they painting inside the Mackinaw Bridge where nobody will see it?  What do they do with all that poo? 

Mike Rowe is a funny man.  He will obviously do anything.  His goal is to show who does the dirty work so we don't have to.  It's a dirty job.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »

http://dsc.discovery.com/beyond/index.html?playerId=203711706&categoryId=210013706&lineupId=935463420

The Dirty Jobs Theme Song.

I posted this for robots one day when he was whining about working hard.

Expect a miracle.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »

Peaches I LOVE Mike Rowe. Anything and everything he does is worth watching. I'm his biggest fan!!!

He also narrates Deadliest Catch, and did the special with the captains and crew of all the crab boats. Deadliest Catch is fascinating.

He is very, very funny on DJ. He's the reason the show is such a huge success.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 02:46:47 PM »

Peaches I LOVE Mike Rowe. Anything and everything he does is worth watching. I'm his biggest fan!!!

He also narrates Deadliest Catch, and did the special with the captains and crew of all the crab boats. Deadliest Catch is fascinating.

Thats where I've heard his voice before!  My son is addicted to that show Deadliest Catch.  I recently watched an episode of Dirty Jobs and thought it was very interesteing.  And of course, I like DC too. 

Learn something new every day Smile

Maine, born and raised!
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 03:00:58 PM »

I believe he is also the host of Cash Cab.  Very funny guy with a distiinctive voice!
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »

Nope, Bobo.  Cash Cab is Ben Bailey.  And  he's a bald guy.  But he has an interesting show.  Sometimes I tune in to learn something new.  Before I got too sick to stay up late, I loved to play Team Trivia with a group of my friends.  They still play and I play sometimes if I feel really good and can stay up like a big girl.  Cash Cab is a great show if ya like some trivia. 

Mike Rowe is the voice of Ford Trucks.  When you see the big Ford Truck commercials on tv, he's the one talking.  Makes me want a big ole truck personally.

Expect a miracle.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:48:57 AM »

Thanks, Peaches.  So Discovery has 2 funny guys!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 11:31:03 PM »

I agree.  I just happened to flip on the tv and caught Deadliest Catch.  It is truly fascinating. And the narration was excellent.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »

Nope, Bobo.  Cash Cab is Ben Bailey.  And  he's a bald guy.  But he has an interesting show.  Sometimes I tune in to learn something new.  Before I got too sick to stay up late, I loved to play Team Trivia with a group of my friends.  They still play and I play sometimes if I feel really good and can stay up like a big girl.  Cash Cab is a great show if ya like some trivia. 

Mike Rowe is the voice of Ford Trucks.  When you see the big Ford Truck commercials on tv, he's the one talking.  Makes me want a big ole truck personally.

I love Cash Cab too. It's very entertaining.
I'd love to have a Ford truck if Mike was in it!!!!! Laughing

Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »

I like Cash Cab for the trivia information. It's great if you play Trivia alot as it is full of great info!

New season Dirty Jobs has Mike moving to Mondays.  They usually show one at 8 and one at 9 with the later one being the new one.  WOOHOO two hours in a row of Mike Rowe.  That idea ROCKS!

Expect a miracle.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »

Only two hours?

bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2008, 05:25:40 PM »

I agree.  I just happened to flip on the tv and caught Deadliest Catch.  It is truly fascinating. And the narration was excellent.

Everytime I watch that dang Deadliest Catch it makes me want to eat king crab and drink a cold beer. Rolling Eyes

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 04:14:10 AM »

Only two hours?

Don't get me started!  Deadliest Catch had a Mother's Day Marathon.  Ran all day.  I watched every one.  I had seen them all.  I don't care.  I always see and hear new stuff and learn something new which is important unless you just want to get old.  I love to listen to Mike Rowe narrate.  I was watching the History Channel the other morning, and I heard a familiar voice....Mike Rowe talking about airplanes or something else.  Plus, he's just a cutie. 

And what's wrong with wanting King Crab and a beer?  Sounds like a fabulous idea! 

I heard beer was part of the food pyramid.... it's made from grain....hops.. those could be vegetables........  alright, maybe not.

Expect a miracle.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 09:48:17 PM »

Did someone say cold beer?  Well I didn't have king crab legs but I did eat a 2 pound lobster last Sunday with a couple of cold beers.  It was wicked good

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.