March 28, 2024, 11:49:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A sad email about war  (Read 1636 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« on: August 18, 2007, 05:32:40 PM »

Am checking my emails.. i get about 200 a day for I belong to all kinds of newsletters from LA Rocks (rocks not music) to Congress, to Vets to health and pets..

Here is a very sad one... (I'm still listed as Pres. of a local American Legion Auxiliary, altho I am not now so I recd. this)

I wanted to get information on hosting an event at the legion.  A dear friend and fellow Culver City resident has sustained major injuries from being hit by a roadside bomb.  I wanted to host a silent auction to raise funds.  Can you please contact me when you have a moment.

Isn't this sad???

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »

It is very sad. It makes me sick.
I just can't understand why we seem to be accomplishing nothing in Iraq, and our young men and women are put in harm's way without gaining any of our objectives. It's been 4 years, and we are no more in control of Iraq than we were the first day we went in. In fact, I think we are on much shakier ground than we were the first week we were there. We are letting our soldiers run around in circles, and we are losing too many of them. I don't understand what we are supposed to be accomplishing now, because clearly, we have failed to make much headway in all this time, and with all this effort and money.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.