April 25, 2024, 07:03:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Body of Linda Maxwell found 8/23/84 at Robbinston, ME boat landing  (Read 14494 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: August 23, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

http://www.bangordailynews.com/news/t/downeast.aspx?articleid=153458&zoneid=177
ROBBINSTON, Maine - For more than 20 years, Heather Henry has wanted to know what happened to Linda Maxwell.

In 1984, Maxwell’s nude body washed ashore at the boat landing in Robbinston. She was just 18 years old.

Henry was one of the last people to see Maxwell alive.

That was on Aug. 23, 1984. Three days later Maxwell’s body washed ashore. An autopsy report later listed the cause of death as drowning. It also said there were no visual wounds or bruises on her body. But from the beginning the Maine State Police treated Maxwell’s death as suspicious. Her clothes were never found. There were lots of leads, but even more dead ends. The police eventually added her name to their Unsolved Homicides List.

The above link is the rest of the story.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 06:39:31 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »

there is another case in Maine that im about to get involved in.

this one stinks to high heaven  Mad

Joyce Mclain Case date: 1980

Town: East Millinocket

Joyce McLain was 16 years old when she left her home and went jogging in East MIllinocket on the evening of August 8, 1980. Her body was found two days later, partially naked, on a powerline behind the Schenck High School soccer field, with blunt trauma to her head and neck. At the time of her death, there were several hundred construction workers at the local mill and the town was hosting a softball tournament.

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:06 AM »

How close in proximity, both in distance and in time, are either or both of these cases to the disappearance of Molly Bish?  Was that in Mass.?

That case always disturbed me greatly.  I remember seeing Mrs. Bish on TV with Beth early on in Natalee's case.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »

How close in proximity, both in distance and in time, are either or both of these cases to the disappearance of Molly Bish?  Was that in Mass.?

That case always disturbed me greatly.  I remember seeing Mrs. Bish on TV with Beth early on in Natalee's case.

Many, many years apart and several hundred miles South
http://www.mollybish.org/
http://www.boston.com/partners/worldnow/necn/landingpage.html?clipId=1545151&topVideoCatNo=83467
Molly Bish was abducted on June 27, 2000 from Comins Pond in Warren, MA where she worked as a lifeguard. Molly was 16 years old at the time of her abduction. The efforts of law enforcement, the media, and community in the search for Molly were unprecedented. The extensive search for Molly was the largest and most costly of its kind in Massachusetts history and came to its end June 9, 2003, three year and just five miles from her family home.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »

How about the case of Kimberly Moreau from Jay Maine that dissappeared  in May of 1986?  That was a widely talked about case for many years.....Still unsolved as to what happened to her. 

Maine, born and raised!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »

How about the case of Kimberly Moreau from Jay Maine that dissappeared  in May of 1986?  That was a widely talked about case for many years.....Still unsolved as to what happened to her. 

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moreau_kimberly.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »

http://crimefan.com/missing.htm

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »

Hi Nut

Thanks for posting those links.

PURELY JMHO,  I'm not thinking that this Lent guy is involved.  Kimberly was 5'7.  Thats pretty tall for a girl.  I just don't see a connection to his other suspected cases in Mass.  The other missings were much closer to 5' and one was even shorter than that.    I only brought up her name because I remember it being on the tv for a long time.  It is just sad that it is still unsolved.  Jay is a "milltown" much like Rumford.  Smalltime rural community, quite tight knit.  Surely one of her schoolmates knows what happened, and is just not talking. 

Maine, born and raised!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 08:04:02 PM »

Hi Nut

Thanks for posting those links.

PURELY JMHO,  I'm not thinking that this Lent guy is involved.  Kimberly was 5'7.  Thats pretty tall for a girl.  I just don't see a connection to his other suspected cases in Mass.  The other missings were much closer to 5' and one was even shorter than that.    I only brought up her name because I remember it being on the tv for a long time.  It is just sad that it is still unsolved.  Jay is a "milltown" much like Rumford.  Smalltime rural community, quite tight knit.  Surely one of her schoolmates knows what happened, and is just not talking. 

Yes...I have been to Jay...used to attend car show and shines there. There aren't many towns in Maine that I have not been to. We know what 'rural' is....eh, msV?? LOL!!

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 08:13:09 PM »

ayuh!  that's for sure.  I've been almost everywhere here,    Think I saw a statue of Robots in Belfast too  Cool

Maine, born and raised!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »

Unsolved Homicides
Linda Maxwell
Case date: 1984

Linda Maxwell, dob 2-19-66, was last seen alive after leaving Calais with companions on the evening of 8-23-84. Linda's body was discovered three days later in the water at the Robbinston Boat Landing. Any information pertaining to or observations in the area of the Robbinston Boat Landing on the evening of 8-23-84 would be helpful.

Criminal Investigation Division III, 106 Hogan Road, Bangor, Maine 04401 (207) 941-4071 or toll free 1-800-432-7381

Contact the Maine State Police, Criminal Investigation Division with information regarding this murder. You may also report information about this crime using the online Report a Crime form.
http://www.maine.gov/tools/whatsnew/index.php?topic=state_police_unsolved&id=21636&v=Article-homicides

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.