April 19, 2024, 11:38:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204179 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 23, 2007, 01:40:27 PM »

This thread will be like the old LCD thread.  We only request that if you have actual news, photos or pertenant facts on specific cases you post in the proper area.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 07:52:33 PM by San » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:58:02 PM »

I was waving to OS back there when the thread locked.  Hi OS 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »

Hi Muffy,

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:59:02 PM »

Thanks Anna, OS and Muffy for helping me to get to 50.
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:02:02 PM »

Let me see if I can do this.

Hi Muffy waving back at ya...

That is so cute..

OS

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 01:02:47 PM »

Thanks Anna, OS and Muffy for helping me to get to 50.

YW San

I still don't what I'm going to make for Fried-Day lunch though.   The emoticon reminds me of when my youngest son was just a toddler, and he would sit in his high chair and say "Eat.  Eat.  Eat"   Laughing
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 01:29:25 PM by San » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:32 PM »

Sorry.  That was YW, not YM.  I wonder what YM is anyway Shocked

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:57 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294432,00.html

Pennsylvania Woman Charged With Taking 12-Year-Old Boy to Prostitutes
Friday , August 24, 2007

DONORA, Pa. —

A woman was accused of taking a 12-year-old boy to two houses of prostitution and paying for him to have sex there.

Linda Van Pool, 36, of Donora, was charged with endangering the welfare of a child, corruption of minors and other crimes.

Van Pool is the second person charged in the case. In May, Kathleen Waggoner, also of Donora, was arrested on the child endangerment and corruption charges.

Waggoner, a bartender, gave Van Pool the money to pay for his time with at least two prostitutes, police said. Van Pool is charged with actually taking the boy to the prostitutes

Geez Shocked
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 01:05:11 PM »

As if kids can't get into enough trouble themselves without this kind of help...

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 01:08:19 PM »

YW San 

OS

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »

Sorry.  That was YW, not YM.  I wonder what YM is anyway Shocked

Laughing Laughing
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »

Oh my,did he complain,or brag.What a great start,another pimp in the making.I think she should taken from her children and locked up.hey muffy,san,etc.drop a line sometimes
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:52:36 PM »

Hi Monkeys -

Just in case anyone doubts that date rape drugs are a serious threat, I ran across this article reporting that a traffic stop in Sonoma County, California yielded 20,000 doses of GHB in the vehicle. 

http://www.ktvu.com/news/13957959/detail.html

SKEERY   
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 02:04:48 PM »

WoW!  Look!  It was in liquid form which I thought was more rare.  Maybe not.

Quote:

Gertz presented a fraudulent driver's license and during a search of his vehicle a CHP officer found a small amount of marijuana and hash, a marijuana cigarette and three gallons of GHB equivalent to 20,000 doses, the CHP said.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

I wonder if this was going to be widely distributed in the Bay Area.  Boy, this is really frightening.  Thank God he was caught!

Anna, FWIW, my lab puppy loves her Kong, even when there are no treats inside.  But then she chews on pretty much anything.  Including cat poop.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 02:28:29 PM »

A's,
I finally just hid the Kong from that Yorkie.  He was driving me nuts to get the treats out.

Next time, I will give it to him without the treats and see if he will just play with it.  Prolly he will then want to know where the treats are!  Easier to just give him the treats already outside of it.

I thought he would enjoy the challenge, etc. and was trying for some kind of mental stimulation but not the kind I got, lol.  Lap dogs tend to be more dependent than even the larger terriers I have found. 

The Westies will play with just about anything and come to think of it, think they will get the Kong instead of the Yorkie.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »

A's I have no idea where that much GHB was headed but since there is no legitimate use for that drug off the pharm market like that, it is truly terrifying to see that much in the hands of one person.

And he was stopped for speeding!  Not even stopped for suspicion of possession of illegal drugs.

I do hope some in that area will take this opportunity to caution people about this and the use to which that particular drug is put. I dare say many will even read that and not realize what 20K doses of GHB represents.  Until Natalee, I might not have realized just what that could represent myself.

Just hope some in the area are warning folks especially young girls to be very careful.  Could have been headed just about anywhere, I know, but still, if that one was caught and for speeding, how much of this got through without interdiction?

Those found with this particular drug in their possession should receive more severe punishment for its purpose is to victimize another, unlike most drugs which are for the purpose of the one who buys and takes them.  Whole new category in my opinion in a drug to be used on another human being.

PERSONA NON GRATA

A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »

A's I have no idea where that much GHB was headed but since there is no legitimate use for that drug off the pharm market like that, it is truly terrifying to see that much in the hands of one person.

And he was stopped for speeding!  Not even stopped for suspicion of possession of illegal drugs.

I do hope some in that area will take this opportunity to caution people about this and the use to which that particular drug is put. I dare say many will even read that and not realize what 20K doses of GHB represents.  Until Natalee, I might not have realized just what that could represent myself.

Just hope some in the area are warning folks especially young girls to be very careful.  Could have been headed just about anywhere, I know, but still, if that one was caught and for speeding, how much of this got through without interdiction?

Those found with this particular drug in their possession should receive more severe punishment for its purpose is to victimize another, unlike most drugs which are for the purpose of the one who buys and takes them.  Whole new category in my opinion in a drug to be used on another human being.

Yes, you raise two excellent points in the last two paragraphs.  I never even thought about how much might have gotten through.  As to the punishment, I agree completely.

Must run and do chores but it is so darn hot!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 03:03:12 PM »

JOHN COUEY SENTENCED TO DEATH FOR RAPE, MURDER OF 9-YEAR-OLD JESSICA LUNSFORD

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 03:04:34 PM »

I went out on my front porch around four this morning to make my dogs come back inside.  The porch is made of some sort of local mountain stone.  I was barefoot and the rocks were warm to my feet still at that hour.

Things never really cool down in this heatwave not even at night.  We are having rolling brown outs now so going to turn off computer until they stop.

We do have two kinds of water, hot and real warm, too.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.