April 27, 2024, 01:24:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204294 times)
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »

Good day monkeys mates.  Babysitting this  weekend.  Wow, did we have a storm last night - without power for hours.  Be back tomorrow.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2007, 02:42:36 PM »

Good day monkeys mates.  Babysitting this  weekend.  Wow, did we have a storm last night - without power for hours.  Be back tomorrow.

Hi SF Smile  Hope you don't wear yourself out with that babysitting.  My sis babysat her 4 grandchildren for a morning and afternoon and she was plumb worn out.  And they are really, really good kids-just young and busy.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »

What have ya'll got planned for tonight?  After all, it IS Saturday night.  Smile  Some suggestions:  Go eat Tex-Mex or perhaps make something at home Chef  Go clubbing? drunken, or how about some karaoke?    A quick pick up game?  Basketball  An evening at the opera  viking  Whatever it is, hope it's fun.  I will be right here,    and maybe some  study 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »

Tornado has touched in near Columbus Ohio, that is where TES, Dihannah and Marlee are today! Shocked
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »

What have ya'll got planned for tonight?  After all, it IS Saturday night.  Smile  Some suggestions:  Go eat Tex-Mex or perhaps make something at home Chef  Go clubbing? drunken, or how about some karaoke?    A quick pick up game?  Basketball  An evening at the opera  viking  Whatever it is, hope it's fun.  I will be right here,    and maybe some  study 

This may be the best use of emoticons I've ever seen! Nice one, Muffy!!!

Tonight, I believe the wifey has made arrangements for some nacho action. Do not be surprised if I begin post in the flatulence thread later this evening.

Laughing
Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »

Well, I hope we bump PC's tonite, Muffy   I'll be here to.  I was on an EMER. phone call with a friend this am ans saw TRenton Ducket"s picture, but couldn't tell what was going on...had pics of his mom,too.  It was on the Contessa or Banderas, I hope they repeat it.   ttyL
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #166 on: August 25, 2007, 05:45:26 PM »

This may be the best use of emoticons I've ever seen! Nice one, Muffy!!!

Tonight, I believe the wifey has made arrangements for some nacho action. Do not be surprised if I begin post in the flatulence thread later this evening.

Laughing

Dugga - just did a reinstall of XP on my father inlaws PC.  Heading back over there in a couple minutes to start reinstalling all his software and get him back on the internet. 

Laughing
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #167 on: August 25, 2007, 06:00:39 PM »

Hi everyone

Muffy 

I recall a member (can't remember who) being interested in Genealogy, thought I would share this link from BYU.

The LDS church is microfilming family history among other things from Libraries, at this site http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/ you can put in a surname and see if family history has been published.

See ya,

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #168 on: August 25, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »

Hi everyone

Muffy 

I recall a member (can't remember who) being interested in Genealogy, thought I would share this link from BYU.

The LDS church is microfilming family history among other things from Libraries, at this site http://www.lib.byu.edu/fhc/ you can put in a surname and see if family history has been published.

See ya,

OS

Hi os    I don't recall either which member the interest in Genealogy either, but I remember discussion about it.  Very interesting.  Thank you for the link.  My younger sis smurfin has done a lot of research in that area for our family (she belongs to LDS) and I think some of DH's family has done research, but would be kewl to see it all put together. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #169 on: August 25, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »

Tornado has touched in near Columbus Ohio, that is where TES, Dihannah and Marlee are today! Shocked

I missed this post earlier. Shocked  I hope things went okay.  I looked at news and couldn't find anything about tornado damage.  There have been such bad storms there for the past couple of weeks. Sad  I hope our Ohio area monkeys are safe.  Jerry from Ohio I hope you and your friend Jessie are alright.

ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2007, 06:38:37 PM »

The LDS church is in the process of microfilming & transcribing all records from all resources everywhere they are allowed, and it will be online for free. I have been researching for over 20 yrs. and have helped many in their research. It is very addicting and I enjoy the history, most of my ancestors arrived in the 1600's early 1700's. I have a database of over 15,000 names.

I work on it for awhile put it aside and go back to it. Always learning..Organizing is the most difficult when you accumulate so much info.

I have met so many great folks over the years.

Many schools now ask students to do a pedigree, everyone calls me lol. I am in the process of putting together a notebook of DH's family history.

Now with DNA, many families can be connected/proven.

Take care, miss our chats..Hope you are doing well.

OS

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »

os I would like to do some researching of my family tree and that of my DH.  I miss our chats too.   Even though I've been posting along side many monkeys over the past 2 years, I got to know some of them so much better in the short time we had chat.   

Auntiem
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »

I miss Chat too, and I just got here!!!  But it really helps ya to meet people on an entirely different level!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2007, 07:26:40 PM »

Muffy

The LDS church has a free genealogy program here http://www.familysearch.org/, 1/2 way down on right, it's called PAF (Personal Ancestral File) you can download free and begin to enter your family history, that is what I use along with Root's Magic (not free), when you get stumped, google Rootsweb.com, or county, state you are looking for, most states have a genealogy website where you can find names, census records, cemetery listings, tax records, marriage and death records, these are free sites also. Ancestry.com is not free, costs about $300.00 per year, has lots of info. but I would use it as a last resort.

Court houses, Genealogical Societies and Libraries can't be beat if you have access. I joined my local library, access it online and have access to Heritage Quest (another great free resource-census records, family histories, revolutionary war records.

PAF is a stand alone program, nothing goes to LDS.

I agree about chat, it was fun meeting and getting to know some members in a private setting, didn't have to worry about being made fun of, have our words taken out of context or copied over the Internet. It was my first experience in a chat room (shooo can't let my kids or grand kids know I was in a chat room lol) and very enjoyable.

Well time for Nascar racing, talk to you later.

OS

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2007, 07:31:27 PM »

http://www.wfpidol.com/index.php?action=canines
here are some cute doggie pix.
It's for a fundraiser ( good idea ) and I thought because we are animal lovers and some of us are animals ( you know who you are ! !  Wink Wink)
that you might enjoy these pix. Show the girly doggie to the boy doggies, see if you can tell who is HOT ! ! 
Woof Woof Woof ! !
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »

I miss Chat too, and I just got here!!!  But it really helps ya to meet people on an entirely different level!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Yea, it was fun getting to know folks. Auntiem 

See ya,

OS

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2007, 08:48:11 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Whats up ??

Anything from Diahanna and Marlee  who are in the Colomus area ?

OS..   that link did not return anything... and I know they have stuff on my family history ???

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »

Hi everyone

Muffy 

See ya,

OS

Hi OS,

I believe that member was Arubagirl.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2007, 08:52:22 PM »

os I would like to do some researching of my family tree and that of my DH.  I miss our chats too.   Even though I've been posting along side many monkeys over the past 2 years, I got to know some of them so much better in the short time we had chat.   

I agree Muffy.  I wasn't in chat much but we did get to know each other a little better in chat.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2007, 08:54:20 PM »

MuffyBee

Have you developed a "thing" for Smileys too  Rolling Eyes 
Please just do not at me.. for the reason Laughing Laughing

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.