April 27, 2024, 11:42:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204291 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2007, 08:55:09 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Whats up ??

Anything from Diahanna and Marlee  who are in the Colomus area ?

OS..   that link did not return anything... and I know they have stuff on my family history ???

Hi OF, below is the link to the thread Dihannah and Marlee started regarding their search.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2074.0
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2007, 09:13:55 PM »

Oldf ~  methinks thou doth protest too much   I am hooked on the little smileys alright.   And deny it all you want, we know who was responsible...  

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2007, 09:18:24 PM »

Oldf ~  methinks thou doth protest too much   I am hooked on the little smileys alright.   And deny it all you want, we know who was responsible...  

You mean AngieX... Rolling Eyes
When they are available... go back thru the old, old  posts   Wink

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

os I would like to do some researching of my family tree and that of my DH.  I miss our chats too.   Even though I've been posting along side many monkeys over the past 2 years, I got to know some of them so much better in the short time we had chat.   

I agree Muffy.  I wasn't in chat much but we did get to know each other a little better in chat.
SAN
Yes ArubaGirl was into family history

I think people were more more open in Chat  in that  non Monkeys could not read.
Just somehing about being registered... and the level of trust... Which may not always be correct but most of the time is.

I think / hope we all know not to post any thing that you would NOT want to appear in your local newpaper as well as any other Newspaper any where in the world.

My problem with Chat was keeping up and not being able to read stuff from when I was not there.   I think I could have logged in ...  and hours later hit save/print and had a record to go thru  but why should I have to.
If I want to know more about someone I attempt to do it thru various e-mail accounts.  but that is just me.

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

Angie may have had an influence with the smileys, but Oldf, posting with smileys has become your trademark.    jmo of course  (now where have I heard that before?  lol

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2007, 09:39:36 PM »

Angie may have had an influence with the smileys, but Oldf, posting with smileys has become your trademark.    jmo of course  (now where have I heard that before?  lol

Well maybe...  They say a pic is worth how many words....
I Wonder what CBB would do ... If I went with this as a new AVI...    Shocked

My Hair is a lot thinner  though Laughing

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2007, 09:41:07 PM »

Hi.. Marlee...

I see you and headed out to look for updates.... Smile

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »

OldF  The hairy guy is interesting.  Reminds me of a character from BC comics.  If you changed avi's I would understand.  We all like something a little different from time to time. That said, I would miss your current avi, specially since the hat was added.  (Love the hat!) 

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2007, 09:48:47 PM »

OldF  The hairy guy is interesting.  Reminds me of a character from BC comics.  If you changed avi's I would understand.  We all like something a little different from time to time. That said, I would miss your current avi, specially since the hat was added.  (Love the hat!) 

So do I... and a lot better than the 2nd me which was
w/o the ribbon...
I'm pretty sure I started with the Avi I have  (minus the hat) before the 1st crash... but some found it to be skeery looking

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #189 on: August 25, 2007, 09:49:45 PM »

Oh ... and w/o the yellow bow tie .. 

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2007, 09:52:20 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Whats up ??

OS..   that link did not return anything... and I know they have stuff on my family history ???

Hi Monkey Friends!

Dihannah and I are ok.  It was kind of scary for a while and the tornado touched down not too far from where the command post was. I was at the command post and Dihannah and the search groups were still out.  They were a little farther away so didn't get the brunt of it. They all made it back safe.  Thank God!

The families of the missing men were at the command post all day and are just the nicest people.  They gave me permission to post pictures of them and say some things about them in the MP thread and will do so in the near future.  A mom whose daughter has been missing for 4 years was also there.  More about all of this in the MP when my brain is functioning better. 

We are going back tomorrow so I need to hit the monkey bunkey as you all say.  Good Night!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:28:13 PM by klaasend » Logged
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2007, 09:58:31 PM »

Hi Monkeys

Whats up ??

Hi Monkey Friends!

Dihannah and I are ok.  It was kind of scary for a while and the tornado touched down not too far from where the command post was. I was at the command post and Dihannah and the search groups were still out.  They were a little farther away so didn't get the brunt of it. They all made it back safe.  Thank God!

The families of the missing men were at the command post all day and are just the nicest people.  They gave me permission to post pictures of them and say some things about them in the MP thread and will do so in the near future.  A mom whose daughter has been missing for 4 years was also there.  More about all of this in the MP when my brain is functioning better. 

Thanks Marlee  for the update.
Glad you all were safe...
Hit the  Monkey Bunkey and get some rest

Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2007, 10:02:08 PM »

Thanks OF! I will email you soon!

Klaas--Can you please get rid of a couple of these duplicate posts.  I told you my brain wasn't functioning!! 
CJ1
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2007, 10:05:00 PM »

ospainter

Thanks for the link to Family Search.  I knew a lot of my father's family history but it has provided details and back two earlier generations to 1605 that I only had names for.  I have some searching to do and details to add. 
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: August 25, 2007, 10:08:56 PM »

MuffyBee
I got a feeling that I may be turning a Chocolate lover loose in a Chocolate factory  but ...
I found this sight http://www.vpsingles.com/icons.htm
today when I was looking for a pointing  smiley

Have fun  and get creative  .... Laughing

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »

Hello Monkeys! Just signed on 5 minutes ago and now it started thundering and lightening so  I can't stay. Hopefully, will be short lived. Kudos to Marlee and Dihannah!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2007, 10:13:47 PM »

MuffyBee
I got a feeling that I may be turning a Chocolate lover loose in a Chocolate factory  but ...
I found this sight http://www.vpsingles.com/icons.htm
today when I was looking for a pointing  smiley

Have fun  and get creative  .... Laughing

Oldf  what a great site!  As Klaas said yesterday when she was playin' with jibjab:  "Somebody stop me...!!"
When I was looking around at smileys about a week ago, I saw one that had a little bee stinger  Very Happy  I might have to go find that one again.  It was the bee's knees, you know?  Again, thanks for the site.     I just love this one:   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

Hello Monkeys! Just signed on 5 minutes ago and now it started thundering and lightening so  I can't stay. Hopefully, will be short lived. Kudos to Marlee and Dihannah!

Hi Elaine.  Sorry you have to leave so soon.  If the weather clears, can you come back?

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »

HI.. Elaine...
Just remember  ... If you are worried about lightening... Unplug....
NOT just shut off !!!

a few 100 thousand volts  would not be deterred by a simple switch or most surge protectors

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

MuffyBee

What are you looking for... as far as Smilkey...  a big ole stinger ...??? Confused

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.