April 28, 2024, 05:52:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204344 times)
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: August 25, 2007, 10:30:20 PM »

Embarassed 
I cut the post to MuffyBee
like this

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »

MuffyBee

What are you looking for... as far as Smilkey...  a big ole stinger ...??? Confused
Uhm no.  It was just a normal little smiley with a little stinger.  I probably have it here somewhere. I am so "old school" post it notes and spiral.  I really gotta get more puter literate and learn to save, bookmark and etc.  I tend to write things down...

I've been lost over in that site you posted earlier.   (Smileys)  It's wonderful! I will be changing avi too, so that has kept me busy with images, cept when I get off course and find myself back looking at castles and the mansions in Galveston, and well, you know...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: August 25, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »

Shocked Shocked That's skeery!  Wowzers! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: August 25, 2007, 10:43:45 PM »

MuffyBee

What are you looking for... as far as Smilkey...  a big ole stinger ...??? Confused
Uhm no.  It was just a normal little smiley with a little stinger.  I probably have it here somewhere. I am so "old school" post it notes and spiral.  I really gotta get more puter literate and learn to save, bookmark and etc.  I tend to write things down...

I've been lost over in that site you posted earlier.   (Smileys)  It's wonderful! I will be changing avi too, so that has kept me busy with images, cept when I get off course and find myself back looking at castles and the mansions in Galveston, and well, you know...

MuffyBee
I do not think I have seen a smiley with a stinger ????
I did find this in google though   is it close...??

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: August 25, 2007, 10:49:04 PM »

OldF That is way cute!

oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: August 25, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

G'nite Moneys 
It is time for me to leave before I    Laughing

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: August 25, 2007, 11:40:35 PM »

Need help of Monkey minds.

Was just sitting here and a word popped into my head about the type of blanked in the Donna Jou thread

sorapo.. I know I am not spelling it right. A large piece of woven material like a rug used also as a poncho.. American Indian?? Woven and striped.

Was to teach at Taos pueblo years ago and another position opened up in a different area.

Later, when in a divorce, my mom asked a friend of hers if I could visit.. and get back together with oneness of nature, people down to earth, laughing, singing. Chama New Mexico.

I helped at a Lodge/motel that had a great Indian store. I remember the owner complaining how fake Indian things were coming on the market (1971) and how they would run... for some reason I remember red and white but I can't remember if it's connected to a certain Tribe or Pueblo or even at all.

Maybe Mexican. I know I have seen one like this somewhere.

I also have a huge loom in storage so maybe in books years ago.

Sorapo??? or is that something to eat???

Klaas, I left you a message in the DJ thread.. I thought the house was the grey color but thought it was a very bright color now.  Will check it out.

Since I can't spell it, I can't research it    Rolling Eyes  TIA

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: August 25, 2007, 11:42:08 PM »

Where is everyone???

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: August 25, 2007, 11:45:45 PM »

Where is everyone???

I'm here IBE.  How was your painting class today.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:41 PM »

IBE, do you mean serape?

I was wondering if the striped blanket/sheet/curtain ~ background is flannel, or does it appear to be like that because of the graininess of the photo?  The serape's that I am familiar with from New Mexico, had a much wider stripe weave.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: August 25, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »

Where is everyone???

Oldf showed me a smileys site and I got lost.  They even have food Smile

sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #211 on: August 25, 2007, 11:47:48 PM »

Need help of Monkey minds.

Was just sitting here and a word popped into my head about the type of blanked in the Donna Jou thread

sorapo.. I know I am not spelling it right. A large piece of woven material like a rug used also as a poncho.. American Indian?? Woven and striped.

Was to teach at Taos pueblo years ago and another position opened up in a different area.

Later, when in a divorce, my mom asked a friend of hers if I could visit.. and get back together with oneness of nature, people down to earth, laughing, singing. Chama New Mexico.

I helped at a Lodge/motel that had a great Indian store. I remember the owner complaining how fake Indian things were coming on the market (1971) and how they would run... for some reason I remember red and white but I can't remember if it's connected to a certain Tribe or Pueblo or even at all.

Maybe Mexican. I know I have seen one like this somewhere.

I also have a huge loom in storage so maybe in books years ago.

Sorapo??? or is that something to eat???

Klaas, I left you a message in the DJ thread.. I thought the house was the grey color but thought it was a very bright color now.  Will check it out.

Since I can't spell it, I can't research it    Rolling Eyes  TIA

I think your looking for Mexican Serape

http://www.latinartmall.com/serape.htm

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2007, 12:29:26 AM »

Where is everyone???

Oldf showed me a smileys site and I got lost.  They even have food Smile
LOL   Laughing
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2007, 12:33:51 AM »

IBE I really commend you for all your hard work on the Donna Jou case. I read your thread there, I just haven't commented there yet.(IN the MP thread)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:38 AM »

Thanks for asking.. finally was able to get the leaves not to look like green whales. First we had breakfast.. yum.. my kind of workshop

then we painted a landscape with birch trees along side some water (reflection). I dapped too much green in and the upper part of the trees couldn't be found  Rolling Eyes Happened to others and they repainted. I wanted lunch and the paint was trying too fast... never will sit near the AC again.

We then did a canvas with green then black on top of it.. so the green showed through and the put sunflowers there... I was too close to the A C so the paint tried too fast. We had lunch and a great cake from Hawaiian something.

about half way through I had a Fibro thing.. where I get instantly tired. So I painted my sunflowers as if I were a kid and  had scraped most of the leaves off (trying to stay away from whale leaves Laughing)

Then we did a plate with Queen Anne's lace, I think and some purple flowers on the other side... Finally I "leaved out" Oh then a bee... my bee's wings looks as if they should go with a dragon fly.

The instructor is April Numamoto. She has been chosen by the lady who started the One Stroke Painting to teach 4 workshops across the nation in furniture and wall decorating in the Spring. Three day workshop. You get a certificate, in case you wish to have a career in it. She'll do one in CA in April.  Most of the class have taken many of her courses and practice in between.. I have not practiced

bought some books and a CD she gave us goody bags and I am too tired to look.

As she would demonstrate on an easel her family had a camera hooked into a monitor in the front of class and would zero in on here work or the sample of what we were doing. That was neat. There were about about 24 there.

Spend my time as a Scared Monkey!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:47 AM »

IBE - sounds like a fun class.  I love to paint and do work with clay/ceramics and all that stuff.  Never enough time though!  Like to crochet too but again, not enough time. 

Posted that photo for you in the Donna Jou thread  Wink
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »

Sorry her name is April Numamoto   www.AprilNDesigns.com

I tried to get her site once and my browser goofed up. Very good teacher!

At local college extensions her course is about $29-$39 for 3-4 hrs plus about $15 for materials. Think it's time I look in the goody bag. Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2007, 12:53:14 AM »

I am in awe of all you have done for the Jou's IBE....

And it sounds like DiHannah and Marlee are out helping Tim?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2007, 12:58:41 AM »

is anybody gonna talk???

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2007, 01:00:42 AM »

is anybody gonna talk???

Sure!

Did Red get his computer fixed yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.