April 28, 2024, 05:23:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204339 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2007, 01:02:29 AM »

is anybody gonna talk???

Sure!

Did Red get his computer fixed yet?

no.... not yet...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2007, 01:05:07 AM »

so I am here watching this rerun of the LineUp... about Satanic killers...

and all i wanted to know was if Castro died?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:11 AM »

is anybody gonna talk???

Sure!

Did Red get his computer fixed yet?

no.... not yet...

I was working on my FIL's pc all day today.  Had to reinstall windows XP but I'm missing a driver.  Ran out of gumption this afternoon so I have to go back tomorrow.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:17 AM »

Hi Mrs. Red, San, Klaas and 3 guests!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »

Klaas - Whew that makes me tired thinking about it....

HEY IBE...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2007, 01:10:17 AM »

so I am here watching this rerun of the LineUp... about Satanic killers...

and all i wanted to know was if Castro died?

I don't think Castro has died.  I think it's only rumor.  There have been rumors for the last 3 months.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2007, 01:12:29 AM »

one of my bestest ever friends is Cuban... her family will be happy to hear of his demise, and yet they all say raoul is even worse...(that is his brother's name????)

so I am reduced to watching Justin Timberlake on SNL... but he is my guilty pleasure!!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2007, 01:13:44 AM »

Thanks Sleddogs..Followed your link,

Found one Indian blanket that looked like "American Indian" but is was made in India, so don't know if what it meant

http://www.latinartmall.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17425&Category_Code=blank

Wine ~ Indian Blanket

Code: 17425
List Price:  $24.95
Discount:   $5.00
Our Price: $19.95

Shipping Weight: 4.00 pounds
In Stock

Measures approximately 56 inches by 74 inches and weighs 3 lbs… shipping weight 4 lbs. Hand woven and power loomed Indian blanket of an acrylic cotton polyester blend . Dry cleaning recommended. Handcrafted in India.

http://www.latinartmall.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=17440&Category_Code=blank

Green / Gray Mexican Blanket

Code: 17440
List Price:  $18.95
Discount:   $5.00
Our Price: $13.95

Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds
In Stock

Handmade light weight Molina Indian blanket. Measures approximately 54 inches by 74 inches and weighs 2 lbs… shipping weight 3 lbs. Made of an acrylic cotton polyester blend . Machine or hand wash in cool water… tumble dry cool. Handmade in Mexico.

This last blanket shows a solid area in the middle, so the one in the picture might, as thought, be seen for sale on a fence along a LA street.

See where hazmat is at LAX for a ... shoot... forgot what for.. I thought they said radioactive or something on a Dutch plane.. guess I wasn't listening. Sorry

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2007, 01:15:55 AM »

gotta hit the bunkey....

I hope to be in here talking next week.... I am missing everyone!!

Keep the faith!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2007, 01:16:25 AM »

Keep up the Good Works, all May leave for bed. Maybe... every time I say that here, I end up coming back Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2007, 01:22:47 AM »

Keep up the Good Works, all May leave for bed. Maybe... every time I say that here, I end up coming back Laughing

I'll see what I can find out on that LAX, Dutch plane and radioactive stuff.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2007, 01:30:31 AM »

I am really leaving... but hopefully I will see some of you tomorrow night>>>

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2007, 01:36:37 AM »

Nite Mrs. Red - say hi to Mr. Red for me  Laughing
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2007, 02:12:12 AM »

Oldfart: I tried the links and they work for me, don't know why you are having trouble. the one is BYU site, the other is LDS site.

San: I remember Arubagirl mentioning family history, but this was a discussion recently in chat. Can't remember exactly, but whomever it is hope they see the links.

HI everyone,

Nite everyone,

OS out

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2007, 02:15:01 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL! 
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2007, 02:16:13 AM »

Howdy

I know I show as a guest.. I stay on SM.. even when not signed in. Makes it more easier to read for me,, IMO
  Work has been busy for me.. and I do not have the luxary at work  to read or post. The owner is the only one with access to email .. etc on AOL in his office , which is locked up tight when he isnt there.
   Store was busy as hell today. due to the 300 million jackpot with our lottery.  I was stuck their all day/evening. OK fine.. I was getting cranky too..  pfffttttttttt. what pisssed me off is the owner knows I dont feel well for one..
 But he didnt want anyone else running it..  I make typos here.. and Imagine that. I can be a damn asst manager of a store without making many mistakes,,  Rolling Eyes
 Anyhow.. have an older bimbo looking woman who comes in.. she spoke long ago about how her 16 and 18 yr old were going to Aruba,, I said OMG .. way back then.. talked to her about Natalees case  Sad  She said my girls will be fine . She comes in the store. ALWAYS has an Aruba BB cap on and a tee shirt.. she says to me today.. If she wins the 300 million. she will pay to have the store shut down... everyones wages. and a trip to Aruba.. I told her Id have to pass  on that offer.  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I said I will work by myself before my ass would ever go there.
  She got  pissed off.  Work sucked bad enough.. My arm feels like it has been torched... to be there and be miserable sucked to begin with.. But I put on my happy face   Cool   This lady pisssed me off so bad,,  even though my voice sucks..  others heard me. and I told her shes damn lucky her girls came back to PA in one peice.
  She saw my splint on my arm  too and asked me who I had hit.. I said Nobody.  YET Smile   Shocked
  ..I was a miserable bitch to say the least... Least I am honest. BUT all in all. As mad she she made me.. When I did the paper work at the end of the night.. It was a few bucks over. This wench has been snotty with me ever since she said her gals were going to Aruba before. I gave her the SM addy to read for herself back then.
  After tonight.. she said she dont want me to ever help or wait on her again.. LMAO  No skin off my butt 
She can kiss my dago ass. I dont care.   Cool
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2007, 02:39:41 AM »

Have a good night all..

Hug to Nemo and CP...

I manage to chase everyone off no matter what time it is.
 Where is everyone?   Hardly posts here or

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:38 AM »

Have a good night all..

Hug to Nemo and CP...

I manage to chase everyone off no matter what time it is.
 Where is everyone?   Hardly posts here or

Sorry.. or on Natalees thread.. its sad  IMO .
 So whats up with all that?   Sad
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2007, 02:47:32 AM »

Klaas

You like Vegas; maybe you and your family can take a break... I see in my goody bag there is a Creative Painting Convention at the Riviera Hotel.. Jan 27-FEb4.. $85 reg and lots of classes.. short ones, like 3-4 hrs. www.vegaspaint.com $19 for 4 hours of each class plus materials. (I won't be going but sounds like fun)

I have the class directory booklet in front of me... request one if possible. The pictures are great of the classes.

The instructor I had today is teaching class #612,, Tea time .. looks like morning glories in shades of blue, blueish/purple.It's a One Stroke painting ( can tell the technique now) but I know she is a certified soon to be national instructor in this..a  beginner class... you actually, with her, come out with something that looks like what it is supposed to/ Gee, done with all flat brushes and 1 liner!!!

Would be nice, in the Spring to have about $250 + for 3 days and get a enough training plus certifed.. furniture, walls etc. In Ontario CA. Hotel is extra.

It's in So CA so is accessable for us.Not sure the $$ is tho.

Spec Event # 704.. it shows the new look of One Stroke Painting with its inventor Donna Dewberry.. I like the IMO "old style" but like the flowers at the bottom.. we did something like that today on canvas. I like the "globbing". The petals are actually formed almost like the leaves.. two strokes combined.

I think that picture shows the use of HD brushes.. high definition.. we used those today.. just don't sit near an AC.. dries too fast while you are doing layers Rolling Eyes

Are you back to teaching this semester???
 Laughing Class 61- actually has a birch tree..(color pencils( wow wouldn't it be great to do the Sweet Gum Tree of 622!!))

I see that WLA college is giving a CafePress class again..this time 2 Thurs. Oct 11,19 $59. Will skip that one, but it's interesting. See that Mrs. Numamoto is doing 2-- one with leopard plate border with a palm tree in the middle or a wisteria on a vine and a Plumeria.. each $19 plud $15 materials.

They have one on "Better Grammar in 3 hrs" I need a Senior Moment refresher. $29 and no materials needed  Laughing Laughing except a teachable brain.

Love CA... some classes such as what used to be a Community college are only $20 an hour now!!! No reason for anyone in CA not to attend college at some time in their life! You can get you degree there or go there for 2 yrs and transfer all your course to USC, UCLA, LB. the UC-Irvine  UC SD and SDState...

A person who had to work and raise a child could get one class in sometime. Might take longer but it's only $20 a semester hour.

Some degrees are done just on weekends.

My"escape from home challenges  was through education. Can't see why some of these kids who have abuse or stress lives at or work don't save for these inexpensive classes at night and on the week end as an escape to a better life. You could make enough money to take one or more courses a semester on money made in MacDonals... if you be careful and take your own food if it isn;t given to you and the monthly bus passes.

Some have child care for day and evening student.

Well, end of rant on escaping out by the education route.

Klaas,  I hope some Monkeys in S. CA read this.. Maybe they are interested in a certificate in Computer Crime.. are you?? 4 Saturdays at UC Long Beach; instructors, I think are 4 LE from Orange County.. $195 for each... cheap compared to UCLA extension or even other reg. classes. $95 for the Certificate.. Computer Forensics, ID Theft, Internet Safety, Internet Stalking, Internet Terrorism ( think)

It's on the UCLB edu site anyway. Parking, being Saturday looks good. Believe that
They have one on "Better Grammar in 3 hrs" I need a Senior Moment refresher. $29 and no materials needed  Laughing Laughing

Well, the older girl I mentored and marlee in Ohio help with contribtuions so she and her sister could go to leadership can.left for Utah today to become a nurse.

She wil stay in a build with classes and dorms about a block from the Temple. I think you member me telling you, that when I met her about 4 1/2 yrs ago, she was very depressed, dressed in gothic black stype thins, nailss, dyed black hair.

I bought her and her sister some cloths so we could go to leadership, patriotic, Vets Affairs workshops;, hospitals. The made themselves and me proud by being great Americans; and also winning many awards for their age groups in the Juniors... Poppies, Fitness, Leadsership, Edcuaton, Legislative, Children and Youth..

The youngest one, now 16, is in independent study for she want's to be for she gets extra research and in depth things plus what required. She just marched up nicely from her councils and said she wasn't learning and wished to be to independed study. She is excelling. Sometimes we watch Book TV. She's a Junior and donsn't even have a computer.

They live in the same mobile home complex that I do.. Until one left for college today, it was 2 daughters, a son, an uncle, father and mom in a 12 wide trailer.

The younger girl said she got more BR space with her sister liviing Laughing

She is Honorary Junior Department (State level) CA Chairman for Children and Youth is year... I am thinking about things having to do with Internet Safety, Sex prev, thanks to watch out far... what online service has safeguards and have here be active when TES arrives... I think I could get to to blossom into some type of award winning National Program this yeas anst eh American Legion Auxiliary as it stated as one of their areas under C&Y, but no on, even on the Nation, has done anything about it.

Sure wished she had a computer. So many times when she'd watch Book TV we do followup looks ups or explored. Had one but the mom is ill and I think it was sold.

son was into robots and very good at it... after the computer went.. he had to go to a special school for being tryrent.

OK Thank you for listing    Love IBE

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2007, 02:56:51 AM »

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:
It is just not the same anymore. Sure -- we got off topic when news on Natalee was slow. Now, we are afraid to talk. The number of posts has dropped about 75%. Anyone with me???

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.