April 27, 2024, 05:11:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204305 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #240 on: August 26, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »

Bingo,

Klaas, I know where I have seen that rug or large throw... I have one in storage. My "adopted by love' grandchildren's' parents gave me one years ago and was a
cream. solid weave then then it had stripes of the colors dark pink, darker raspberry Mixed in., in stripes.  I Was long enough to hand over my full bed.. know I had folded it before we moved... it still may be backed here and not in storage. It brought by their family, so was a big thank you

This one isn't as thick and heavy as my My brushed Mexican blanket but can keep you very warm at night.

know I had folded it before I Moved... it still may be backed here and not in storage. It was brought by their family, so was a big thing for them

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #241 on: August 26, 2007, 03:17:55 AM »

Now, we are afraid to talk.

Naah, you're just looking in the wrong place. We're all in the lounge talking about farts.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2007, 03:21:40 AM »

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:
It is just not the same anymore. Sure -- we got off topic when news on Natalee was slow. Now, we are afraid to talk. The number of posts has dropped about 75%. Anyone with me???

I am with yah Wreck and not skeered to talk either.  I have cigars saved for you and Robots still.  Cool
 But,, everyone has seemed to STFU anymore.  It isn't the same IMO, and its sad Sad
 I agree. folks afraid to talk. and YES we got OT on the LCD before  when news was slow.. but some who bitched about that.. were just as guilty of doing it too.  Well Nats family member posted there as well.. and several of us have talked to this person.. this famly member has never felt  anyone was out of line being OT..  Nobody bashed Natlalee or her family. SO no offense taken by this family member. SOoo.. then we hear a family member has asked for things to be changed?  And things were disrepectful?
 Wasnt the family member whos posted along with us.. and they have NO IDEA who has asked? IMO  its sad for this family member for nobody to have sent them an email.. and tell them  about it?  They are  clueless.  Sad Sad Sad An active poster yet to boot.   
 Its all sad..  Dunno wth happened anymore?  Lucky anymore to see half dozen poster signed in.  Sad  I dont have the luxary of being online at work.. just went back to work recently.
 Hopefully things get better Wreck..   
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2007, 03:24:06 AM »

Night.. its starting to storm here again.. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2007, 03:41:55 AM »

Night.. its starting to storm here again.. 
Thanks, Ang! Cool

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2007, 09:55:12 AM »

Okay, I'm just gonna say it:
It is just not the same anymore. Sure -- we got off topic when news on Natalee was slow. Now, we are afraid to talk. The number of posts has dropped about 75%. Anyone with me???

I am with yah Wreck and not skeered to talk either.  I have cigars saved for you and Robots still.  Cool
 But,, everyone has seemed to STFU anymore.  It isn't the same IMO, and its sad Sad
 I agree. folks afraid to talk. and YES we got OT on the LCD before  when news was slow.. but some who bitched about that.. were just as guilty of doing it too.  Well Nats family member posted there as well.. and several of us have talked to this person.. this famly member has never felt  anyone was out of line being OT..  Nobody bashed Natlalee or her family. SO no offense taken by this family member. SOoo.. then we hear a family member has asked for things to be changed?  And things were disrepectful?
 Wasnt the family member whos posted along with us.. and they have NO IDEA who has asked? IMO  its sad for this family member for nobody to have sent them an email.. and tell them  about it?  They are  clueless.  Sad Sad Sad An active poster yet to boot.   
 Its all sad..  Dunno wth happened anymore?  Lucky anymore to see half dozen poster signed in.  Sad  I dont have the luxary of being online at work.. just went back to work recently.
 Hopefully things get better Wreck..   

Wreck and Angie ~ I agree with both of you.  IMO the feel of the forum is splintered now.  I used to go to our LCD thread, knowing I could catch up on the Natalee news and our Monkeys' news at the same time. 

If folks didn't want to read monkey news, they could cruise on by.....doesn't take that long.  No doubt people ignored my horned frog, and that's fine.....it's rare I have something important to say.

It was posted that Natalee's relative didn't appreciate the LCD thread and how it worked.  I just don't understand why after all this time, it was a problem.  But, I'm not the one with a missing child, so I certainly want to respect the family.

I've noticed that even the NATALEE thread has not too many postings, lately.  Actually, the Missing Persons thread is flourishing......isn't that a double-edged sword..... Sad

It's just a shame that postings are slowly diminishing.......hopefully, it's just monkeys returning to school, work, family stuff . . . . but, in my heart of hearts, I fear it's the rerouting of the forum.

Bottom line *finally* for me ~ Red, Dugga, Klaas, San, *******, Mrs. Red ~ you're all in charge here, and if this is what is best in your opinion, then so be it.......I need to deal with it, or get the heck out of the cage.

I've wanted to be supportive of the changes......but, I am disappointed in the result.

Anyone who is aggravated by this post.....just blow it off, please.  I love every single monkey in here, and am just crushed to see so few now.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #246 on: August 26, 2007, 10:19:55 AM »

I would never blow off any post by you, TCU. Love you too.  Wink
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #247 on: August 26, 2007, 10:24:53 AM »

I would never blow off any post by you, TCU. Love you too.  Wink
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: August 26, 2007, 10:26:49 AM »

Hi everyone. I wanted to take a minute to say I agree with what Angie says about a family member of Natalee's. That family member has been posting here since Natalee first went missing, and is in close contact with Beth. She has said several times recently that she has never been offended by off topic on Natalee's thread.

The one-thread concept was what made SM different from other forums and made it special. It was what built us into a family. I have even heard people who are fairly new to SM say that lately. They have mentioned that while having lots of separate threads works okay on various forums, that SM didn't develop with that format, and that it doesn't work as well at SM.

I'm not being critical here - simply reporting what people are saying. I hope that the information is taken in that light.

I Stand With The Girl
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2007, 10:28:13 AM »

We're all still here, we just have to divide our attention. I have been VERY busy lately and it's hard to jump from forum to forum. I don't see us as losing steam just yet. This is definitely a busy time for lots of people.

I suspect that after Labor day, we will see plenty of posting again.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #250 on: August 26, 2007, 10:50:13 AM »

I dont know where to post this so Klaas, please help me...an email that was set up for information on Natalee has been infiltrated and an email has gone out to everyone on that list from Richard, that he is stuck in Africa and needs money...ITS A LIE...Richard is back in Conn with family. Its a scam.. and I dont know how they did it, but they did. VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com will be closed down..until further notice. Thanks  guys...I only want to tell you this because some ppl really thought that it was Richard asking for help and wanted to send money....
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: August 26, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »

I dont know where to post this so Klaas, please help me...an email that was set up for information on Natalee has been infiltrated and an email has gone out to everyone on that list from Richard, that he is stuck in Africa and needs money...ITS A LIE...Richard is back in Conn with family. Its a scam.. and I dont know how they did it, but they did. VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com will be closed down..until further notice. Thanks  guys...I only want to tell you this because some ppl really thought that it was Richard asking for help and wanted to send money....

Thanks Vicki!  I didn't get the email but I did hear about it this morning.  I knew it wasn't from Richard, he would never send something like that. 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: August 26, 2007, 11:24:38 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  Is it Sun-Day sunny  Or is it Sun-Dae? (with whipped cream and a cherry?)

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #253 on: August 26, 2007, 11:27:34 AM »

Good morning monkeys!  Is it Sun-Day sunny  Or is it Sun-Dae? (with whipped cream and a cherry?)

Good Morning Muffy, Yum my favorite Sun-Dae.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #254 on: August 26, 2007, 11:34:53 AM »

Looks like the tail end of tropical storm DEAN has reached California.  We are getting thunder and lightening.  COOL!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2007, 11:36:16 AM »

Hi San.  I'll be working at trying to get my teenaged son off his puter and getting prepared for school tomorrow.     He's been on his very own "Endless Summer" tour of sleeping late   and  .  So now I gotta be the pestering mom and get him to put his backpack and stuff together.   I think I stopped having kids just in time.  I am getting too old for this.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2007, 11:40:44 AM »

Hi San.  I'll be working at trying to get my teenaged son off his puter and getting prepared for school tomorrow.     He's been on his very own "Endless Summer" tour of sleeping late   and  .  So now I gotta be the pestering mom and get him to put his backpack and stuff together.   I think I stopped having kids just in time.  I am getting too old for this.   

When my son was in high school, about two weeks before summer ended and school started I would start waking him up at 6:30am so the first day at school wouldn't be such a shock, LOL.  Laughing
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: August 26, 2007, 11:44:01 AM »

Hi everyone. I wanted to take a minute to say I agree with what Angie says about a family member of Natalee's. That family member has been posting here since Natalee first went missing, and is in close contact with Beth. She has said several times recently that she has never been offended by off topic on Natalee's thread.

The one-thread concept was what made SM different from other forums and made it special. It was what built us into a family. I have even heard people who are fairly new to SM say that lately. They have mentioned that while having lots of separate threads works okay on various forums, that SM didn't develop with that format, and that it doesn't work as well at SM.

I'm not being critical here - simply reporting what people are saying. I hope that the information is taken in that light.

Right now we do have a one thread concept and anything goes in Musings.  The only thing that is missing in that thread is the discussion of Natalee.

I do not see a problem with that and when we need to look for information in her case it is easier to search in that right thread without going through a bunch of posts that don't belong there.

In my opinion we have some people who are unwilling to accept this change and are making things difficult.

We were suppose to support each other but I see that has changed and I find it a shame.  I am disappointed in quite a few people for their actions and I myself no longer trust them like I used to.  If you could turn on SM this quickly what makes me believe you wouldn't turn on me that way.  This is my opinion.

Yes we all miss chat but it doesn't mean you close the door on SM.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: August 26, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »

HOW about the fact that it wasn't that family member I referred to... and I TOLD ANG that in chat... and I will repeat it.  There was a family member that requested this.... it is not her,  it is not a family member that posts here!!! IT is a member of Natalee's family that reads here.... I have NO IDEA WHY ANY OF YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE STUFF UP....because I don't at all.... I will tell the truth or won't talk... I don't have the look at me disease that I have seen... and I don't make up lies to make people feel bad or whatever....and by posting that she isn't offended you are all implying that I said it was her and she told you differently so therefore I am lying... (that is my opinion on what you say)   I am oh so sorry if that offends any of you.....
RED told you all in chat that there was a reason as well... and it had nothing to do with any one person on here....because I know a lot of you think that someone who isn't a member complained and this happened, once again I have said over and over it's not that either... sometimes things will become clear later.... 

It completely amazes me that people say they are afraid to talk when that is what this thread is for... only y'all don't want to talk!!!  That's what I take from it... you have been told over and over that this thread is for anything you want to talk about but it seems to me if you can't talk about whatever youo damn well please in the Natalee thread you don't want to talk.... so there I said it...

instead of complaining every time you come in here why not just talk?  Beccause when I pick up the computer all I see is that you all hate SM and how bad it sucks .  YOu don't talk about anything other than that.... and I quite frankly don't get why you can't talk other than you simply don't want to.

Am I upset?? you bet.... take a minute and think about it -

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: August 26, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

Klaas ~  I had already started the waking up earlier thing about two weeks ago too.  It's just trying to get him vaguely interested in tomorrow, that's all.     I don't think he's looked at his schedule we picked up once last week.  Guess he will just wait till ten minutes before it's time to leave for school...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.