April 27, 2024, 04:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204302 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »

TCUMom....

please don't think that I ever ignore your posts... I don't at all... I don't ignore anybody or try not to ever.... I don't like it when I feel ignored so I try so hard not to do that to anyone else...
Mrs. Red ~ I was saying that about my postings tongue-in-cheek . . . I was apologizing for my post . . . I had just been trying to figure out why folks are seemingly not posting as much, but unfortunately I think it came across as rude and gripy.  It wasn't intended that way.  At all.

Well I know for me and I have missed talking to everybody... that I have just changed jobs and I am beyond busy... went from a 37.5 hr week to 45-50 hrs a week and having to learn a new job... that is more complicated than before... but I am loving it!!!

Mrs. Red
~ I saw this morning where you came into Musings last night, but I had already gone to bed.  I'm sorry I missed you.  You must be busy these days, cause usually you come and talk with us earlier.   I figured you've been busy.  I know you won't stay away from the monkeys for long.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2007, 12:10:03 PM »

Hi, sweet MuffyVery Happy 
I'm sitting here sweating bullets both physically and mentally.  We just found out we have to replace both AC units (if we want AC to work  Shocked), and the price is 6,000 to 12,000 EACH.  I'm dyin'.

Then, Friday, I found out a 7th grader who is wheelchair bound will be in my Art room ~ that's not a big deal....but, she can only use her mouth to paint and draw.  No movement of hands, feet, etc.  Okay, I can roll with that, too.  Her mother is wanting her to use clay ~ I'm concerned that this is going to turn into a big hoopla.  The mother is *very* difficult.  And, my class is 29 students.....the majority are high-maintenance.  yikes.

YIKES is right... along with *difficult parents*... you better post in the prayer thread!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #282 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:46 PM »

NYC

I have had problems in the past and sometimes had to relaod the AOL disc all over again.

Ok thank you Angie,   I want to see, what happened over few days.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #283 on: August 26, 2007, 12:11:59 PM »

NYC... I wonder if they gave you a virus????

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #284 on: August 26, 2007, 12:14:10 PM »

Muffy... I go in and read the Natalee thread, but dang I am lost... I need to do lots of reading back!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #285 on: August 26, 2007, 12:14:16 PM »

Y'all ~ I'm smilin' big ~ I'll never need to seek therapy, cause I have my monkeys! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »

NYC... I wonder if they gave you a virus????

No idea, and when this person or persons, have send this a virus, they can count on a research. And when I have found them, they get much trouble with bad guys with .

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2007, 12:17:32 PM »

Hi, sweet MuffyVery Happy 
I'm sitting here sweating bullets both physically and mentally.  We just found out we have to replace both AC units (if we want AC to work  Shocked), and the price is 6,000 to 12,000 EACH.  I'm dyin'.

Then, Friday, I found out a 7th grader who is wheelchair bound will be in my Art room ~ that's not a big deal....but, she can only use her mouth to paint and draw.  No movement of hands, feet, etc.  Okay, I can roll with that, too.  Her mother is wanting her to use clay ~ I'm concerned that this is going to turn into a big hoopla.  The mother is *very* difficult.  And, my class is 29 students.....the majority are high-maintenance.  yikes.

tcumom ~ May I offer a suggestion?  See how you can get the mother involved.  See if she can help you figure out a plan so that the student with needs can do the clay.  Ask her if she can even come and help when the clay work is being done, or if she knows someone that can help during that time, with that student so the student is successful.  I cannot imagine have 29 high maintance students all in one place.  I thank teachers that work with students   I would do anything for some of my kids teachers, whether it's bulletin boards, listening to reading, filing.  They make the difference in my kids lives.  As for the mother being difficult, I can only say it must be difficult in itself to be the mother of a student with those severe disabilities.  Probably carries a lot of pain and frustration, and it comes out onto places it shouldn't.  Not to excuse poor behavior on the part of the parent, but I cannot imagine having a child 24/7 year after year with those problems.  Sigh.  I would do my best to find a way to give that mother some praise, no matter how small, even when you wan to go    I wish you had more help in the classroom.  I used to come in and work with teachers, but never, ever in my kids classes. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2007, 12:20:25 PM »

Muffy... I go in and read the Natalee thread, but dang I am lost... I need to do lots of reading back!

Mrs Red ~  take it easy and rest assured you will get caught up again. Even when it seems you are having one of those days.  Or one of these days:   

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #289 on: August 26, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »

Muffy... that is excellent!!  TCU, that will probably work miracles in the mom's thinking!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: August 26, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »

Y'all ~ I'm smilin' big ~ I'll never need to seek therapy, cause I have my monkeys! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In the words of Martha Stewart:  "...and that's a good thing."   

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2007, 12:21:45 PM »

yep yall are my therapy!!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2007, 12:24:40 PM »

Muffy... that is excellent!!  TCU, that will probably work miracles in the mom's thinking!

Mrs. Red ~ I found everyone needs validation. And to ask questions.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »

Ok... does anyone know how to make your hair color fade faster?  I got my colored yesterday... and it's way too dark...... and not even red anymore...

I am not liking it.... and don't know what the heck I was thinking????

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »

Muffy ~ Whenever I have high-needs students, the first thing I do is thank God that we were so fortunate to have a healthy, intelligent son who did not have physical or mental challenges.  With that said, the next thing I ALWAYS do is to put myself in the parents spot (as best as I can) and think about what they deal with daily. 

Many of my parents are wonderful.  Unfortunately, this Mom is one who feels entitled.  Has been the same way with her other two children who have no challenges.  Some people are just this way.  Oh, yes; I will go way beyond what is *expected* . . . I will *never* let it be said I didn't give 100+%. 

Thanks for your ideas ~ wish you were in my district ~ we could use your great attitude!   
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2007, 12:26:04 PM »

Mrs. Red ~ I found everyone needs validation. And to ask questions.

it's true.... does that work with *difficult* bosses???

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2007, 12:27:50 PM »

Muffy ~ Whenever I have high-needs students, the first thing I do is thank God that we were so fortunate to have a healthy, intelligent son who did not have physical or mental challenges.  With that said, the next thing I ALWAYS do is to put myself in the parents spot (as best as I can) and think about what they deal with daily. 

Many of my parents are wonderful.  Unfortunately, this Mom is one who feels entitled.  Has been the same way with her other two children who have no challenges.  Some people are just this way.  Oh, yes; I will go way beyond what is *expected* . . . I will *never* let it be said I didn't give 100+%. 

Thanks for your ideas ~ wish you were in my district ~ we could use your great attitude!   

maybe she thinks this is the only control she has in her life??? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2007, 12:28:22 PM »

yep yall are my therapy!!!

Shoe Alert

Mrs Red  have you been looking at shoes for fall?  I know you haven't had much time but, we are talking shoes here.  lol  I have a magazine that came with my Texas Monthly mag this month.  It's called "Fashion" and there are some great looking shoes.  It seems there are a lot of shoes with that 40's and 50's look.  I've seen a few in the newspaper that seem to echo that style

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2007, 12:30:03 PM »

Ok... does anyone know how to make your hair color fade faster?  I got my colored yesterday... and it's way too dark...... and not even red anymore...

I had my hair colored one time several years ago ~ my hair is/was super dark ~ it had some grey coming in so I had the hairdresser put something on it to only cover the grey strands.

Next day, a student asked why my hair was orange..... and was it for Halloween.   

OMG.   Shocked Shocked Shocked

That was the end of my personal beautification attempts on the grey. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: August 26, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »

Try Prell shampoo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.