April 27, 2024, 05:58:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204310 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #300 on: August 26, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »

tcumom ~ yw.  I have found some places will partner up another student to help, or does your school allow help/volunteers to come in? 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »

Y'all ~ I'm smilin' big ~ I'll never need to seek therapy, cause I have my monkeys! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

yep yall are my therapy!!!

Shoe Alert

Mrs Red  have you been looking at shoes for fall?  I know you haven't had much time but, we are talking shoes here.  lol  I have a magazine that came with my Texas Monthly mag this month.  It's called "Fashion" and there are some great looking shoes.  It seems there are a lot of shoes with that 40's and 50's look.  I've seen a few in the newspaper that seem to echo that style

Actuallly I have, and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the 40's look!  I love the clothes too... but the shoes are to die for!!

my shoe blog will be up and running again soon..... it's about to change it's "tired old look".... LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2007, 12:34:13 PM »

tcumom:  I've seen some of those pesky entitled parents.  They think their kids walk on water...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

Ok... does anyone know how to make your hair color fade faster?  I got my colored yesterday... and it's way too dark...... and not even red anymore...

I am not liking it.... and don't know what the heck I was thinking????

Try Prell shampoo

Oh yes!  They say it is like detergent and to never use on your hair!!  LOL... and that should work!   It's only a couple of shades too dark... LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2007, 12:36:46 PM »

Ok... does anyone know how to make your hair color fade faster?  I got my colored yesterday... and it's way too dark...... and not even red anymore...

I went thru this years ago.. and it worked for me.

Prell shampoo.. mix a little baking soda in it.. and put it on your dry hair. Do your whole head and leave it soak on there about 30 to 40 minutes. I had called my friends mother who had a beauty salon.. that was her advice to me. she also said Dawn dishwashing liquid works and IIRC Tide too.  Shocked
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »

What happened to me was someone swicthed the hair color on the box at the store.. so instead of being brunette.. I was jet black... it was awful.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2007, 12:38:53 PM »

Prell shampoo.. mix a little baking soda in it.. and put it on your dry hair. Do your whole head and leave it soak on there about 30 to 40 minutes. I had called my friends mother who had a beauty salon.. that was her advice to me. she also said Dawn dishwashing liquid works and IIRC Tide too.  Shocked

my hair went from a light reddish brown, auburn to the same color as yours - a shade darker....

Shocked

I will use Prell.... with two recommendations, it can't be wrong!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #307 on: August 26, 2007, 12:40:33 PM »

tcumom ~ yw.  I have found some places will partner up another student to help, or does your school allow help/volunteers to come in? 
She has an aide with her in every class.  The mother does not want student helpers, even to help in the cafeteria.  Part of the Mom's problem is her confrontational attitude about everything.....not just this child. 
I *can* say that we all bend over backwards to be supportive, understanding, and positive ..... the family does have live-in help . . . that doesn't make-up for the situation, but it does ease some of the stress. 
They are quite fortunate in being able to live very well.  Again, it doesn't take away the challenges, but does provide an occasional break. 
Mom is involved in ALL aspects of school, and I will be talking with her daily.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #308 on: August 26, 2007, 12:40:50 PM »

well, I asked her to make it brown and dark... but I didn't mean this dark Shocked

not the hairdresser's fault... my own!  but if I am not my own worst enemy sometimes...

TCU, I didn't mean to hijack the thread... please keep us posted on your progress with this mom....

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #309 on: August 26, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip1236.htm

<snip>
Hair Color That Is Too Dark
Option #1:

If you or your stylist colored your hair and the shade is too dark you have a few options.  Pour some Prell shampoo  into the palm of your hand.  Pat the shampoo on top of your dry hair and make sure the shampoo covers completely.  Leave the shampoo on your hair for 30-45 minutes.  Rinse with warm water. 

Option #2:

Apply hot oil to your hair.  Use extra virgin olive oil if possible.  Wrap your hair in plastic and let sit for 45 minutes.  Take Prell shampoo and pat on top of the oil.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Rinse well with warm water.   

Option #3:

Apply Queen Helene, Vo5 or similar hot oil to your hair.   Wrap your hair in plastic and let sit for 60 minutes.  Shampoo with clarifying shampoo like Philou Green Apple or Suave clarifying.  Rinse well with warm water.   

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #310 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:07 PM »

She has an aide with her in every class.  The mother does not want student helpers, even to help in the cafeteria.  Part of the Mom's problem is her confrontational attitude about everything.....not just this child. 
I *can* say that we all bend over backwards to be supportive, understanding, and positive ..... the family does have live-in help . . . that doesn't make-up for the situation, but it does ease some of the stress. 
They are quite fortunate in being able to live very well.  Again, it doesn't take away the challenges, but does provide an occasional break. 

I will be praying for you.... she sounds very *unlikeable*

Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:15 PM »

What happened to me was someone swicthed the hair color on the box at the store.. so instead of being brunette.. I was jet black... it was awful.

OK, that is one of the meanest things I've heard of where practical jokes are concerned.

And I am glad I never had that idea when I was a mischevious youngster!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2007, 12:42:24 PM »

Oh.  Okay.  One of THOSE moms, that turns everyone off and makes it harder for the rest of folks with kids with problems.  Gives everyone a bad name.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2007, 12:44:01 PM »

Thanks Yapp, ANg and Klaas....

I will be headed to buy Prell later today....

I like the color except for it's so dark........ and my hair isn't that dark...

oh well, I did say I wanted a change!!!!

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2007, 12:44:31 PM »

Y'all ~ I hope someone watches Dancing with the Stars ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. 

I just read that Wayne Newton will be on it  Shocked Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Also, Tori Spelling, some girl from 90210 or whatever that show is, and some SPICE girl.   Rolling Eyes

Gosh ~ I must be old ~ I hope they don't try and make this into a teenage-20 something show ~ the appeal will be gone for me if that's what happens.   Sad Sad
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »

I was check me mail, It is work again, TY all, for try to help me.

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:34 PM »

well, I asked her to make it brown and dark... but I didn't mean this dark Shocked

not the hairdresser's fault... my own!  but if I am not my own worst enemy sometimes...

TCU, I didn't mean to hijack the thread... please keep us posted on your progress with this mom....
heck no ~ this is how I talk with my friends in real life!  Laughing Laughing Laughing That's why I love y'all. . . . my friends and family always talk *scattered* 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2007, 12:46:36 PM »

Y'all ~ I hope someone watches Dancing with the Stars ~ I LOVE LOVE LOVE that show. 

I just read that Wayne Newton will be on it  Shocked Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Also, Tori Spelling, some girl from 90210 or whatever that show is, and some SPICE girl.   Rolling Eyes

Gosh ~ I must be old ~ I hope they don't try and make this into a teenage-20 something show ~ the appeal will be gone for me if that's what happens.   Sad Sad

I loved watching APOLLO ONO!!  but I missed half of the show..... most of them, I liked it when I could wrestle the remote from Red though! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2007, 12:47:07 PM »

my hair went from a light reddish brown, auburn to the same color as yours - a shade darker....

Shocked

I will use Prell.... with two recommendations, it can't be wrong!

I just searched on google and there is info on here too as well.

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/beauty-skin-care/how-make-dark-hair-dye-fade-faster-11496-9.html
crazybabyborg
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2007, 12:48:07 PM »

Hi Guys!

I've been making avis for Halloween! TCU.....yours is in the lounge! Start checking for yours and please leave requests!

It's nice to not have to say  " O/T" !  Laughing Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.