April 28, 2024, 03:26:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204332 times)
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2007, 12:49:04 PM »

What happened to me was someone swicthed the hair color on the box at the store.. so instead of being brunette.. I was jet black... it was awful.

OK, that is one of the meanest things I've heard of where practical jokes are concerned.

And I am glad I never had that idea when I was a mischevious youngster!

I certainly learned my lesson. I always chek the boxes now to make sure the seal isnt broken on them.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2007, 12:49:29 PM »

Hi Guys!

I've been making avis for Halloween! TCU.....yours is in the lounge! Start checking for yours and please leave requests!

It's nice to not have to say  " O/T" !  Laughing Wink

I am glad you said that..... I love my avi over there! I am going to change... brb!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2007, 12:49:53 PM »

I solved the remote problem here. We each now have our own tv. I watch what I want & he does the same.  Laughing

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2007, 12:49:56 PM »

Hi Guys!

I've been making avis for Halloween! TCU.....yours is in the lounge! Start checking for yours and please leave requests!

It's nice to not have to say  " O/T" !  Laughing Wink
Cool ~ I'll go check it out ~ and, of course.......thank you thank you thank you!
NYC_lover
Monkey Junky Jr.

The Mercedes GL

« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »

Dinnertime, brb Wink

I am glad hear this media attention from the Netherlands. ‘Recherche verdraait informatie te vaak’
Investigators in a black breach and again a bad name of the Dutch police. It smells again to Corrpution and a negative researching in missing persons cases
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:11 PM »

I solved the remote problem here. We each now have our own tv. I watch what I want & he does the same.  Laughing

I hate having to go to another room.... although we did do that too!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:41 PM »

Hi everyone. I wanted to take a minute to say I agree with what Angie says about a family member of Natalee's. That family member has been posting here since Natalee first went missing, and is in close contact with Beth. She has said several times recently that she has never been offended by off topic on Natalee's thread.

The one-thread concept was what made SM different from other forums and made it special. It was what built us into a family. I have even heard people who are fairly new to SM say that lately. They have mentioned that while having lots of separate threads works okay on various forums, that SM didn't develop with that format, and that it doesn't work as well at SM.
I'm not being critical here - simply reporting what people are saying. I hope that the information is taken in that light.

HOW about the fact that it wasn't that family member I referred to... and I TOLD ANG that in chat... and I will repeat it.  There was a family member that requested this.... it is not her,  it is not a family member that posts here!!! IT is a member of Natalee's family that reads here.... I have NO IDEA WHY ANY OF YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE STUFF UP....because I don't at all.... I will tell the truth or won't talk... I don't have the look at me disease that I have seen... and I don't make up lies to make people feel bad or whatever....and by posting that she isn't offended you are all implying that I said it was her and she told you differently so therefore I am lying... (that is my opinion on what you say)   I am oh so sorry if that offends any of you.....
RED told you all in chat that there was a reason as well... and it had nothing to do with any one person on here....because I know a lot of you think that someone who isn't a member complained and this happened, once again I have said over and over it's not that either... sometimes things will become clear later.... 

It completely amazes me that people say they are afraid to talk when that is what this thread is for... only y'all don't want to talk!!!  That's what I take from it... you have been told over and over that this thread is for anything you want to talk about but it seems to me if you can't talk about whatever youo damn well please in the Natalee thread you don't want to talk.... so there I said it...

instead of complaining every time you come in here why not just talk?  Because when I pick up the computer all I see is that you all hate SM and how bad it sucks .  YOu don't talk about anything other than that.... and I quite frankly don't get why you can't talk other than you simply don't want to.

Am I upset?? you bet.... take a minute and think about it -

Mrs Red,

It's tough for an old dog like me to learn new tricks but at least I am trying to give this a chance.  I agree with your post and San's that some just don't want to give it a try.  It's absolutely no different from the old LCD except Natalee has her own thread now.

And it is so much better to go there and read the latest, scanty as it is, than to try to find out about somebody's missing child amid all the trivia.  Those things are not of equal importance and no one should have to read about their likely deceased child/relative or friend amid some of the things I have seen posted in the Natalee thread in the past.

It's just the right thing to do to have a very serious subject like that separate from silliness.  No one has the right to take devotion and attention meant for Natalee and try to direct it toward themselves personally.  And I have seen people do just that and start posting personal things right in the middle of big news, what little we have had, about Natalee contrary to the claim that we were always on topic when there was news.  We weren't and I include myself in that as I am guilty as any of being off topic.
  The difference is I am trying not to do that any more.

There is no reason on earth why this wouldn't work and in fact work much better.   I feel much more free to discuss trivia here than I ever did in the thread that was supposed to be about Natalee.

And I saw 45 people were online at one time yesterday so I think there are still lots of posts but they are now in more than one monster thread.  Not everybody has the time to sort through twenty pages looking for news.  But I think if you combined the posts here with the ones in the Natalee thread, the Donna Jou thread, etc. you would have a fair number of posts in total.

The weather in the southeast and midwest may also be contributing to lack of participation right now as well.  I know just breathing is an effort for me sometimes lately with this dust and asthma.

I hope all monkeys will give the new format a fair try instead of just complaining.  No one likes change at first, that's just human nature.  But trying to undermine all the effort that has gone into getting the new and BETTER format up and running is just not fair to those who provide it and have worked so hard to get it going.

And yes, there should be a SM even after one particular case is, hopefully, resolved some day.  If justice was found for Natalee Holloway, would we still be calling a thread NH Lively Discussion a year later?  And we have the mothers of two other missing persons posting here now with a third being added soon and want they to feel we have concern for their loved one as well and are not about just one person who is missing when there are so many.

Also, at first it wasn't clear what should go here and what should not but that is working out as well.

JMO but I agree that giving it an honest try is better than complaining. Don't be upset because it will work out in the end.  And I don't think anybody is afraid to post at all.  They just don't want to do so.  Their choice.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »

CBB ~ I love it ~ the haunted house is great with my horned frog ~ when do y'all think we should start adding them?

It's a long break between July 4th and Halloween......
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #328 on: August 26, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »

LOL Yap

Hubby is in bed sicker then a dawg.. he ate some of those peppers last night.   Shocked
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #329 on: August 26, 2007, 12:58:29 PM »

I hate having to go to another room.... although we did do that too!

We do that, too ~ husband surfs ~ half the time he doesn't know what he's watching. 
I plan what I'll watch and use commercials to change laundry...blah blah....you get the picture  Rolling Eyes
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2007, 12:59:21 PM »

Angie, I told you to ship those stuffed peppers overseas   Cool

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #331 on: August 26, 2007, 01:01:40 PM »

CBB ~ I love it ~ the haunted house is great with my horned frog ~ when do y'all think we should start adding them?

I just changed, if the stores could do it... then so can I!!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #332 on: August 26, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »

tcumom ~ yw.  I have found some places will partner up another student to help, or does your school allow help/volunteers to come in? 

In our local districts, teacher's aids are required with special needs students certified or not depending on the class.  I am elementary ed certified and when substitute teaching many years ago worked in those capacities as well as teacher.  Whether it be ESL, physical or otherwise the additional person is there and the head teacher also has to manager lesson plans for the class & for the special needs kids.  With 29 students, I cannot imagine you dividing yourself one on one with all of them within the class period....

I am a little behind, having read here & then the other threads....AND, I haven't posted much because we have been out for much of the weekend....I know I was missed.. Laughing Wink

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #333 on: August 26, 2007, 01:03:12 PM »

Angie, I told you to ship those stuffed peppers overseas   Cool

Laughing Laughing I should..  I have a few more left.. thats probably going to end up in the garbage.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: August 26, 2007, 01:03:25 PM »

LOL Yap

Hubby is in bed sicker then a dawg.. he ate some of those peppers last night.   Shocked

Ang... what peppers

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: August 26, 2007, 01:05:09 PM »

tcumom ~ yw.  I have found some places will partner up another student to help, or does your school allow help/volunteers to come in? 

In our local districts, teacher's aids are required with special needs students certified or not depending on the class.  I am elementary ed certified and when substitute teaching many years ago worked in those capacities as well as teacher.  Whether it be ESL, physical or otherwise the additional person is there and the head teacher also has to manager lesson plans for the class & for the special needs kids.  With 29 students, I cannot imagine you dividing yourself one on one with all of them within the class period....

I am a little behind, having read here & then the other threads....AND, I haven't posted much because we have been out for much of the weekend....I know I was missed.. Laughing Wink

yes you were... I miss everybody!!!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #336 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:18 PM »

I just changed, if the stores could do it... then so can I!!

I really like this avi, Mrs. Red!  Very nice.

I am not in much of Halloween mood in this heat!  But she is very pretty.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #337 on: August 26, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »

Ok... does anyone know how to make your hair color fade faster?  I got my colored yesterday... and it's way too dark...... and not even red anymore...

I am not liking it.... and don't know what the heck I was thinking????

Try Prell shampoo

Oh yes!  They say it is like detergent and to never use on your hair!!  LOL... and that should work!   It's only a couple of shades too dark... LOL

I am supposed to use shampoo for color treated hair, but most often, due to budget restraints, I buy Suave, VO5 or White Rain when they are on sale for 99 Cents...seems any of them will lighten it up after a few washings....the color I have done is lighter, though, because the roots don't show as much when they grow in. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #338 on: August 26, 2007, 01:08:39 PM »

Anna ~ how is the rain situation?   Confused Sad

2NJ ~ you bet we missed ya!   Very Happy Very Happy
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #339 on: August 26, 2007, 01:08:49 PM »

She has an aide with her in every class.  The mother does not want student helpers, even to help in the cafeteria.  Part of the Mom's problem is her confrontational attitude about everything.....not just this child. 
I *can* say that we all bend over backwards to be supportive, understanding, and positive ..... the family does have live-in help . . . that doesn't make-up for the situation, but it does ease some of the stress. 
They are quite fortunate in being able to live very well.  Again, it doesn't take away the challenges, but does provide an occasional break. 
Mom is involved in ALL aspects of school, and I will be talking with her daily.

Ah, I knew I was behind....good luck....will be a long year with this challenge ahead of you.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.