April 28, 2024, 10:34:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204351 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #360 on: August 26, 2007, 01:38:38 PM »

I know the humidity is hard to deal with... but my skin just drinks it up!  I don't mind being 45, just don't want to look like it!! Rolling Eyes

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:25 PM »

Some of you may remember my pretty bamboo that I said was invasive.  Klaas said her hubby said I would never get rid of or stop its spread.

Well, I am going to have to go out in the heat and thin it down drastically as a huge flock of birds are now using it for a roost at night.  There are hundreds of them!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

And birds carry histoplasmosis, especially in big roosts like this.   Not spelled correctly but maybe Tyler won't see it, lol.  And they are in the Scotties area, too.

So I will have to make the bamboo so it does not touch and support each other, the stalks, so they can't do that. 

Hoping it is true it will only be in the 90's as I dread doing this because of the heat.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #362 on: August 26, 2007, 01:39:44 PM »

Angie,
There is a hot pepper called the Habernera or something like that.  Looks like a nanna pepper but is hotter than a jalapeno!  Bet that is what you had.

Yikes!!!

Shocked  these were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter then a jalapeno. I am suprised I haven't grown chest hair yet..  Laughing

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #363 on: August 26, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »

Hiya Art. Try to stay cool. I am anxiously awaiting Fall. How is SeaMonkey doing? Miss seeing her around here.

Hi Yap
Seamonkey has been busy with the kids and her business.
Is it really hot where you are???
I am totally awaiting fall also!  I LOVE that season..think its my favorite!
...smells of burning leaves, pies in the oven and on and on!

Do give our best to her.... tell her we are missing her!  I love Fall too... and it's so pretty here in the FALL.... my favorite NE season!!!  although down here, you don't smell burning leaves!  LOL

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:58 PM »

I cant stand the humidty   Mad

but it's so good for your skin!!! Laughing

LOL.  But not for my voice...   Very Happy  Wreaks havoc on it bigtime  !! 

Ack..and I can't breathe in the humidity!

me either ART..walk outside here and it takes your breath away.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #365 on: August 26, 2007, 01:42:07 PM »

Some of you may remember my pretty bamboo that I said was invasive.  Klaas said her hubby said I would never get rid of or stop its spread.

Well, I am going to have to go out in the heat and thin it down drastically as a huge flock of birds are now using it for a roost at night.  There are hundreds of them!!!   Shocked Shocked Shocked

And birds carry histoplasmosis, especially in big roosts like this.   Not spelled correctly but maybe Tyler won't see it, lol.  And they are in the Scotties area, too.

So I will have to make the bamboo so it does not touch and support each other, the stalks, so they can't do that. 

Hoping it is true it will only be in the 90's as I dread doing this because of the heat.

Do that at night!  YOu know around 7 or so when it's only 100 degrees... (that's how it was at the family's... I was dying!!! the sun goes down and it gets to oh, 96 or 97)

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #366 on: August 26, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »

Angie,
There is a hot pepper called the Habernera or something like that.  Looks like a nanna pepper but is hotter than a jalapeno!  Bet that is what you had.

Yikes!!!

Shocked  these were wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy hotter then a jalapeno. I am suprised I haven't grown chest hair yet..  Laughing

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Will Prell work for that too????

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: August 26, 2007, 01:46:17 PM »

Hiya Art. Try to stay cool. I am anxiously awaiting Fall. How is SeaMonkey doing? Miss seeing her around here.

Hi Yap

Do give our best to her.... tell her we are missing her!  I love Fall too... and it's so pretty here in the FALL.... my favorite NE season!!!  although down here, you don't smell burning leaves!  LOL

I will tell her Mrs. Red!
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #368 on: August 26, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »

Angie,

Yikes!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Will Prell work for that too????

Laughing Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #369 on: August 26, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »

Art how have you been?  I am so lame, excuse me for not asking!

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2007, 01:48:16 PM »

I cant stand the humidty   Mad

but it's so good for your skin!!! Laughing

LOL.  But not for my voice...   Very Happy  Wreaks havoc on it bigtime  !! 

Ack..and I can't breathe in the humidity!

me either ART..walk outside here and it takes your breath away.

Its like walking into a blast furnace, isn't it?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2007, 01:49:27 PM »

I need to get over the the NH thread... I need to ask Tyler a couple of gardneing questions... wonder if she will come here???

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »

Lol, Mrs. Red!!  I'm doing okay!
I haven't been posting much the past few days for so..trying to cut my computer time down a bit..at least as far as typing goes The way I sit has been killing my neck muscles that are growing back!!!! BUT  I am one of the "guests" that reads a lot! Laughing  Just sos you know I am NOT avoiding the forum Laughing

How are you????
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »

I need to get over the the NH thread... I need to ask Tyler a couple of gardneing questions... wonder if she will come here???

:OMG..I hope she does, Mrs. REd.  I had a mammoth SLUG attack in my greenhouse and need tips for next year.... Shocked
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #374 on: August 26, 2007, 01:52:46 PM »

I haven't been posting much the past few days for so..trying to cut my computer time down a bit..at least as far as typing goes The way I sit has been killing my neck muscles that are growing back!!!! BUT  I am one of the "guests" that reads a lot! Laughing  Just sos you know I am NOT avoiding the forum Laughing

How are you????

have a new job kicking my butt... but I LOVE it....

Ang can tell you my old one made me nutty!  Won't do the family thing ever again Rolling Eyes

Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2007, 01:54:54 PM »

How are you????

Ang can tell you my old one made me nutty!  Won't do the family thing ever again Rolling Eyes

Do you have a totally new boss? That is great, Mrs Red.
Were you working for family? Or was it a family owned business?
I tried working for my hubby once years ago...fergit it. I was ready to slay him! lol
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2007, 01:56:45 PM »

:OMG..I hope she does, Mrs. REd.  I had a mammoth SLUG attack in my greenhouse and need tips for next year.... Shocked

OH I learned this one... there is a thing called SLUG SALOON... just pour beer in it... and it kills them all... they can't resist the smell .... they came with the house when we bought it a few years ago, but I think they sell them at all garden centers or Ace or walmart.... if not just use old saucers!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: August 26, 2007, 01:59:06 PM »

Hi Yap

I guess there will be no burning leaves here this fall or we will get arrested!  We can't even have a BBQ grill for fear of fires.  Bummer.

But October is my fav month, Art.  Remember that poem we had to learn in school October's Bright Blue Weather?  Cool at night and warm in the days here.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2007, 01:59:07 PM »

How are you????

Do you have a totally new boss? That is great, Mrs Red.
Were you working for family? Or was it a family owned business?
I tried working for my hubby once years ago...fergit it. I was ready to slay him! lol

it was a family owned... law firm... office mgr was the wife, legal secretary the DIL.... just not the best thing for me... LOL

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2007, 02:00:57 PM »

OH I learned this one... there is a thing called SLUG SALOON... just pour beer in it... and it kills them all... they can't resist the smell .... they came with the house when we bought it a few years ago, but I think they sell them at all garden centers or Ace or walmart.... if not just use old saucers!

And make sure your dogs don't drink the beer!  The Slug Saloon keeps the dogs out as it has a top with holes big enough for the slugs to go in but the dogs can't get to the beer.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.