April 27, 2024, 03:30:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204299 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »

I need to get over the the NH thread... I need to ask Tyler a couple of gardneing questions... wonder if she will come here???

:OMG..I hope she does, Mrs. REd.  I had a mammoth SLUG attack in my greenhouse and need tips for next year.... Shocked

OH I learned this one... there is a thing called SLUG SALOON... just pour beer in it... and it kills them all... they can't resist the smell .... they came with the house when we bought it a few years ago, but I think they sell them at all garden centers or Ace or walmart.... if not just use old saucers!

Wow, Okay. I'll have to try that. I did try Sluggo and it did NOTHING.
Thanks!!! Laughing
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2007, 02:06:05 PM »

It does work Art....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »

I just got here and noticed all the anger stirred up by what a few of us said this morning.

My only comment in response is that reprimanding people for genuinely feeling the way they do, and accusing them of merely being stubborn and uncooperative, isn't going to win friends and influence posters, IMO.

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, just wanted to make one final comment on the topic.

I Stand With The Girl
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »

For all the Monkeys who have pets, Frijole told me about this line of pet food. It is all natural & I am looking in to it for my pets.
http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: August 26, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »

Hiya Art. Try to stay cool. I am anxiously awaiting Fall. How is SeaMonkey doing? Miss seeing her around here.

Hi Yap
Seamonkey has been busy with the kids and her business.
Is it really hot where you are???
I am totally awaiting fall also!  I LOVE that season..think its my favorite!
...smells of burning leaves, pies in the oven and on and on!

I guess there will be no burning leaves here this fall or we will get arrested!  We can't even have a BBQ grill for fear of fires.  Bummer.

But October is my fav month, Art.  Remember that poem we had to learn in school October's Bright Blue Weather?  Cool at night and warm in the days here.

I guess your are right, buring leaves for you are out of the question this year.
Darn, you need reain.

Ah, THey used to have the neatest school songs, didn't they?
I don't remember them all, but there are some that stand out! Laughing
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #385 on: August 26, 2007, 02:09:38 PM »

It does work Art....

I'll use it next year. Its too late for anything this year. Sad
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: August 26, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

I just got here and noticed all the anger stirred up by what a few of us said this morning.

My only comment in response is that reprimanding people for genuinely feeling the way they do, and accusing them of merely being stubborn and uncooperative, isn't going to win friends and influence posters, IMO.

I'm not trying to stir up controversy, just wanted to make one final comment on the topic.

Good Afternnoon, BT! Very Happy
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: August 26, 2007, 02:11:45 PM »

For all the Monkeys who have pets, Frijole told me about this line of pet food. It is all natural & I am looking in to it for my pets.

I agree that is a good one. 

Also Canidae is very good both canned and dry.  I like Canidae as it is for all ages and I don't have to have puppy food and adult food both, can feed to either.  Very little grain and in broth.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »

Thanks, Yap. I'll look into that! Right now I am doing a  lot of cooking for the "girls". With only two left now, I can do that fairly cheaply.
Oh, speaking of which, Mine LOVE ALL veggies. Are veggies all good for them? I know that pumpkins and carrots are good, but they also love onions, peppers, celery, bananas, oranges...actually they love everything.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2007, 02:13:36 PM »

It does work Art....

either that or salt piles!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: August 26, 2007, 02:15:51 PM »

Art, my boys were on a special urinary diet & it almost killed them. My vet changed their diet & told me to add boiled ground beef. He also said they could have green beans, carrots, greens etc.

ARUBA
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: August 26, 2007, 02:16:27 PM »

I agree that is a good one. 

Also Canidae is very good both canned and dry.  I like Canidae as it is for all ages and I don't have to have puppy food and adult food both, can feed to either.  Very little grain and in broth.

I am afraid to change food for my cats... they seem to be ok for now.. but thank GOD that I mentioned the oldest was having issues a while back, I swear it was yall who told me that it was the food.... I went back to the old stuff and they were fine... but had I not mentioned it here... OMG!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #392 on: August 26, 2007, 02:20:42 PM »

Art, my boys were on a special urinary diet & it almost killed them. My vet changed their diet & told me to add boiled ground beef. He also said they could have green beans, carrots, greens etc.
Since my bro had a little old chi that died from the dog food problem, I cook for my yorkies.  I make sure they get black strap molasses, wheat germ, eggs etc. There are a lot of sites for making your own dog food.  The vet had me giving one of my yorkies science diet for overweight dogs, and guess what the first ingredient listed is?  corn.  Dogs don't digest corn well.  And since I've been cooking for my dogs, my porkie yorkie is at a good weight now. The vets make $$ selling dog food.  A lot of the food has rice in it as well. Rice?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: August 26, 2007, 02:22:28 PM »

Thanks, Yap. I'll look into that! Right now I am doing a  lot of cooking for the "girls". With only two left now, I can do that fairly cheaply.
Oh, speaking of which, Mine LOVE ALL veggies. Are veggies all good for them? I know that pumpkins and carrots are good, but they also love onions, peppers, celery, bananas, oranges...actually they love everything.

Onions are not good for them.  No avocado, no grapes.  Sweet potatoes are good source of vitamins.  Eggs are okay, I even take the shells, wash and then bake in 250 degree oven, grind into food.  Good source of calcium

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #394 on: August 26, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »

Since my bro had a little old chi that died from the dog food problem, I cook for my yorkies.  I make sure they get black strap molasses, wheat germ, eggs etc. There are a lot of sites for making your own dog food.  The vet had me giving one of my yorkies science diet for overweight dogs, and guess what the first ingredient listed is?  corn.  Dogs don't digest corn well.  And since I've been cooking for my dogs, my porkie yorkie is at a good weight now. The vets make $$ selling dog food.  A lot of the food has rice in it as well. Rice?

our oldest has this new thing for BBQ chips... can't be good for him, but he will fight you for some chips!

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #395 on: August 26, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »

Onions are not good for them.  No avocado, no grapes.  Sweet potatoes are good source of vitamins.  Eggs are okay, I even take the shells, wash and then bake in 250 degree oven, grind into food.  Good source of calcium

I see we are all into our children!  it's a good thing... I am waiting with baited breath to see whta the judge hands Mr. Vick tomorrow!

yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #396 on: August 26, 2007, 02:26:33 PM »

Muffy, my vet quit selling or recommending science diet. He now prefers royal canin.
My boys were on the royal canin urinary so. Their glucose level was 0, cholesterol level 0 & liver enzymes were extremely high. Just got my fat boy out of the vet intensive care on Friday. We were scared he wasn't gonna make it. Was touch & go for a few days.

ARUBA
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #397 on: August 26, 2007, 02:29:38 PM »

I hope the judge goes beyond the recommendation for Vick. I also hope he never gets to play ball again. IMO what he did is disgusting to put it mildly.

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: August 26, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »

It does work Art....

either that or salt piles!

LOL! I am sure my neighbors thought I was nuts as I was out at 5 a.m. with my salt shaker sprkinlling the little bawstids.  Laughing
Either that, or they thought I was eating them..arghghghg Shocked
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #399 on: August 26, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »

ART

Is your email addy on AOL stil the same? The one with ummm.. Nord?   Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.