April 27, 2024, 10:06:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204315 times)
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #400 on: August 26, 2007, 02:32:52 PM »

Art, my boys were on a special urinary diet & it almost killed them. My vet changed their diet & told me to add boiled ground beef. He also said they could have green beans, carrots, greens etc.

Oh, Okay, Thanks , Yap. Mine eat boiled ground beef, leftover roasts, nice chicken breasts, ground turkey, and I mix that with oatmeal , rice or barley and some carrots. The other stuff they get when I am making meals! They sit there and get whatever drops off the cutting board! Oh, and they LOVE cherry tomatoes!
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #401 on: August 26, 2007, 02:33:22 PM »

I hope the judge goes beyond the recommendation for Vick. I also hope he never gets to play ball again. IMO what he did is disgusting to put it mildly.

Me too!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #402 on: August 26, 2007, 02:36:05 PM »

Art, my boys were on a special urinary diet & it almost killed them. My vet changed their diet & told me to add boiled ground beef. He also said they could have green beans, carrots, greens etc.
Since my bro had a little old chi that died from the dog food problem, I cook for my yorkies.  I make sure they get black strap molasses, wheat germ, eggs etc. There are a lot of sites for making your own dog food.  The vet had me giving one of my yorkies science diet for overweight dogs, and guess what the first ingredient listed is?  corn.  Dogs don't digest corn well.  And since I've been cooking for my dogs, my porkie yorkie is at a good weight now. The vets make $$ selling dog food.  A lot of the food has rice in it as well. Rice?

Wow, I'll have to try the molasses and wheat germ. I have chickens so eggs will be no problelm. I use them in my homemade dog brownies. (shells and all)
BTW, Olga, my Border Collie STEALS the eggs as they come in from the barn if we don't hurry and get them to the egg carton, lol!
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #403 on: August 26, 2007, 02:38:14 PM »

For all the Monkeys who have pets, Frijole told me about this line of pet food. It is all natural & I am looking in to it for my pets.
http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/

Thanks, Yap. I'll look into that! Right now I am doing a  lot of cooking for the "girls". With only two left now, I can do that fairly cheaply.
Oh, speaking of which, Mine LOVE ALL veggies. Are veggies all good for them? I know that pumpkins and carrots are good, but they also love onions, peppers, celery, bananas, oranges...actually they love everything.

Onions are not good for them.  No avocado, no grapes.  Sweet potatoes are good source of vitamins.  Eggs are okay, I even take the shells, wash and then bake in 250 degree oven, grind into food.  Good source of calcium

I see we are all into our children!  it's a good thing... I am waiting with baited breath to see whta the judge hands Mr. Vick tomorrow!

I hope they throw the book at him. He makes me sick.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »

I  headed out for a while.... gotta go buy some Prell Shocked

have a good day monkeys... see y'all later!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #405 on: August 26, 2007, 02:40:13 PM »

Muffy, my vet quit selling or recommending science diet. He now prefers royal canin.
My boys were on the royal canin urinary so. Their glucose level was 0, cholesterol level 0 & liver enzymes were extremely high. Just got my fat boy out of the vet intensive care on Friday. We were scared he wasn't gonna make it. Was touch & go for a few days.

Oh, Yap. Sorry to hear your little guy was ill Sad
Is he doing okay now?
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #406 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:28 PM »

I  headed out for a while.... gotta go buy some Prell Shocked

have a good day monkeys... see y'all later!

LOL  Good luck.. let us know what happens
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #407 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »

ART

Is your email addy on AOL stil the same? The one with ummm.. Nord?   Wink

YEs, Angie, Still the same!!! Laughing
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2007, 02:41:48 PM »

So far so good Art. Thank goodness they developed pill pockets. Those things are life savers when having to give a dog a pill.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #409 on: August 26, 2007, 02:44:15 PM »

So far so good Art. Thank goodness they developed pill pockets. Those things are life savers when having to give a dog a pill.

They certainly are!
Glad to hear your little one is doing better, poor baby.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #410 on: August 26, 2007, 02:44:36 PM »

oh yeah.  my dogs simply love those pill pockets.  It beat even putting pills in cheese for us.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:06 PM »

ART

Is your email addy on AOL stil the same? The one with ummm.. Nord?   Wink

YEs, Angie, Still the same!!! Laughing

K Thanks Art  Smile
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #412 on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:13 PM »

Oh, Okay, Thanks , Yap. Mine eat boiled ground beef, leftover roasts, nice chicken breasts, ground turkey, and I mix that with oatmeal , rice or barley and some carrots. The other stuff they get when I am making meals! They sit there and get whatever drops off the cutting board! Oh, and they LOVE cherry tomatoes!

I've been hearing commercials on XM Radio for this stuff:

http://www.dinovite.com/

Supposedly, it's a miracle cure-all mixture for sickly dogs. I'm not surprised by the problems that a lot of us have had with the diets of our animals. You get so many mixed messages about pet food. Some people say "I fed my dog Old Roy (Sams cheapo brand) and he lived to be 20" and others swear that the cheap stuff is dangerous for our pets. I am inclined to believe the latter.

We've always fed our animals nothing but Iams, and they are all very very healthy. One of our girls, Rosie, is a little TOO healthy, if you know what I mean! Wink

It looks like this Dinovite stuff might be really good to supplement dog food with. Either that, or I've once again fallen victim to advertising hype.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #413 on: August 26, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »

One of my little yorkies has allergies to grasses and such.  On the advice vet, I give her a children's chewable benadryl tablet stuck in a pill pocket, when her allergies are acting up.  Works if they get stung by insects too.  I used to try to give her children's liquid benadryl, but ended up with more of it on us then in her. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #414 on: August 26, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »

I dont have any pets anymore  Sad

Muffy.. what is a pill pocket??   Embarassed
crazybabyborg
« Reply #415 on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:10 PM »

Check the lounge Angie!  Wink
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #416 on: August 26, 2007, 02:51:29 PM »

I've been hearing commercials on XM Radio for this stuff:

http://www.dinovite.com/

Supposedly, it's a miracle cure-all mixture for sickly dogs. I'm not surprised by the problems that a lot of us have had with the diets of our animals. You get so many mixed messages about pet food. Some people say "I fed my dog Old Roy (Sams cheapo brand) and he lived to be 20" and others swear that the cheap stuff is dangerous for our pets. I am inclined to believe the latter.

We've always fed our animals nothing but Iams, and they are all very very healthy. One of our girls, Rosie, is a little TOO healthy, if you know what I mean! Wink

It looks like this Dinovite stuff might be really good to supplement dog food with. Either that, or I've once again fallen victim to advertising hype.

Do you remember the flap about dog food that was revealed when there was the big recall?  Companies that made dog food and sold it cheaply under name such as Old Roy took that same dog food and labeled it differently as a premium type dog food and charged more for it, but was SAME food as Old Roy?  A lot of consumers were mad, because they thought by paying more for the food, they were giving their dog a better product.  Not always so.  I guess we have to read the labels.

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #417 on: August 26, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »

Check the lounge Angie!  Wink

LMAO   I Love it.. Thanks ~!!!    Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dugga
Administrator
Scared Monkey

« Reply #418 on: August 26, 2007, 02:54:21 PM »

One of my little yorkies has allergies to grasses and such.  On the advice vet, I give her a children's chewable benadryl tablet stuck in a pill pocket, when her allergies are acting up.  Works if they get stung by insects too.  I used to try to give her children's liquid benadryl, but ended up with more of it on us then in her. 
I agree, Muffy. This is great advice. We used to own an English Bulldog, Reggie. One day he got into something out in the grass and his face swelled up like a balloon. His folds were all gone away! hahaha. We shoved a couple of children's Benadryl down his throat and within 12 hours his symptoms had all gone away. We never did find out what he was allergic to.

Poor old Reggie. We ended up having to find him a new home in his old age. He began to develop really bad bathroom habits - not for health reasons, but for behavioral reasons, and we gave him to another faimly who could spend more time with him. He was a big turd, but he was fun.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #419 on: August 26, 2007, 02:54:41 PM »

NO RAISINS FOR DOGS!  Those can actually kill them if they eat a lot.

Linatone Shiny Coat is a supplement much like Dinavite but a liquid source of Omega Fatty Acids that ALL dogs need much like out taking fish oil capsules.

This is a terrific supplement for any dog but especially those with allergies and skin issues or scratching.

I buy it by the gallon!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.