April 27, 2024, 02:36:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204296 times)
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #560 on: August 27, 2007, 12:35:43 AM »

You know, we should submit our findings to science. I thought you had to be in close physical proximity for that kind of "unity". Dorm rooms always have that effect. If this phenomena transcends the internet, we could make medical history!

Over the years when we have posted our pictures... yes we do look alike in many ways.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #561 on: August 27, 2007, 12:44:48 AM »

Well.............I brought lamps into my office and shot out the flourescent overheads  Laughing

When I get to candlelight, it's time to retire!  Laughing

Good for you... you will get more Vitamin D without the "f"  light bulbs F bulbs, I read, drain out the V-D  Dr. Phil says we are a nation lacking in V-D.. maybe because we aren't outside as much now... no hanging out the wash, gardens, fields

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #562 on: August 27, 2007, 12:46:46 AM »

C1J

Think it was last night you asked me a question or to post something... I did but you were already offline and I can't remember now what it was. Rolling Eyes

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #563 on: August 27, 2007, 12:49:08 AM »

Well.............I brought lamps into my office and shot out the flourescent overheads  Laughing

When I get to candlelight, it's time to retire!  Laughing

and who on earth decides what lights go and paint go in the ladies' room??? I look half way decent prior to getting to work, but in that restroom... LOOK OUT!

Men, Bless them.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #564 on: August 27, 2007, 12:52:03 AM »

IBE - this was the storm as it was heading towards out house today.  Loudest thunder I've ever heard!

P.S.  For those who live in states that get actual weather, please ignore my picture.  Laughing
CJ1
« Reply #565 on: August 27, 2007, 12:57:19 AM »

C1J

Think it was last night you asked me a question or to post something... I did but you were already offline and I can't remember now what it was. Rolling Eyes
\\

About the hole in the fence, I believe.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #566 on: August 27, 2007, 01:02:14 AM »

Great picture.. am glad you are OK.. I bet all the Monkeys are laughing at us, too. Earthquakes and rain are big things here. We need more rain and less earthquakes!

Near the end of the Newport-Inglewood fault line or about 200 feet from it and liquid soil.. thought the place had its wheels, doesn't. Safer with wheel, I think.

You take great pictures... any teaching coming up??? other than teaching us Laughing Laughing thanks Laughing Laughing

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #567 on: August 27, 2007, 01:04:32 AM »

Haven't done the posting of the hole.. feel asleep at the computer this aft. Sorry. Thanks for the reminder. Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:16 AM »

Great picture.. am glad you are OK.. I bet all the Monkeys are laughing at us, too. Earthquakes and rain are big things here. We need more rain and less earthquakes!

Near the end of the Newport-Inglewood fault line or about 200 feet from it and liquid soil.. thought the place had its wheels, doesn't. Safer with wheel, I think.

You take great pictures... any teaching coming up??? other than teaching us Laughing Laughing thanks Laughing Laughing

Nope, no teaching at the school.  I'm doing only contract work now for the hosptials.  They are keeping me plenty busy though so I'm not complaining.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: August 27, 2007, 01:08:21 AM »

Radiological something punctured by a fork lift at Luthansa (sp) airlines last night at LAX wasn't terrorism.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2007, 01:10:32 AM »

CJ1 I was/am stuck on the narrative... will work on it tonight. Thanks.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:30 AM »

Good Klaas..
BBL going to work on pictures. Thanks all

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #572 on: August 27, 2007, 01:13:46 AM »

Radiological something punctured by a fork lift at Luthansa (sp) airlines last night at LAX wasn't terrorism.

IBE - thanks, I wondered about that.  Couldn't find anything on it. 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #573 on: August 27, 2007, 01:41:31 AM »

You're fixed for Halloween, but I'd definitely recommend switching toilet bowl cleaners!

Should be a new type of cleaner... only have to use it once a year Laughing otherwise your toiled disappears!

Laughing Laughing  Got to have one...doubt they make self-cleaning, though..

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #574 on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:04 AM »

IBE - this was the storm as it was heading towards out house today.  Loudest thunder I've ever heard!

P.S.  For those who live in states that get actual weather, please ignore my picture.  Laughing

Right up my alley...or down my tubes, or whatever... Laughing

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #575 on: August 27, 2007, 07:42:23 AM »

After reading through this thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that the format change has little to do with how people are feeling right now.  Every person that frequents SM and gets off-topic has their own personal interests.  Yet, some have seized the opportunity to single out others and publicly belittle them over things they have said in the old LCD over the past two years.

Some off-topic discussion, i.e. flatulence, dead grass and makeup is pre-approved whereas quips about dental hygiene and stuffed toys is regarded as some type of political statement that should be squashed.  It would appear that the musing thread has become a glass house and it is not a very cozy house, considering this recent trend.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #576 on: August 27, 2007, 08:26:41 AM »

U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL ALBERTO GONZALES RESIGNS, NEW YORK TIMES REPORTS

**Watch FOX News Channel or go to http://foxnews.com
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #577 on: August 27, 2007, 10:02:07 AM »

After reading through this thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that the format change has little to do with how people are feeling right now.  Every person that frequents SM and gets off-topic has their own personal interests.  Yet, some have seized the opportunity to single out others and publicly belittle them over things they have said in the old LCD over the past two years.

Some off-topic discussion, i.e. flatulence, dead grass and makeup is pre-approved whereas quips about dental hygiene and stuffed toys is regarded as some type of political statement that should be squashed.  It would appear that the musing thread has become a glass house and it is not a very cozy house, considering this recent trend.

EASY - not true at all in this thread.  My point was that it didn't belong in the old LCD nor does it belong in any missing persons thread.

I will ask you the same thing.  Do you think it's appropriate to discuss the subjects highlighted in red above in a missing persons thread?
crazybabyborg
« Reply #578 on: August 27, 2007, 10:09:39 AM »

Morning Klaas! Morning Monkeys!

Have a cup of coffee with me and let's get through this Monday with monkey hugs!  Very Happy

Klass, Dugga? I promised auntiem an avi, but her pic won't open for me. Any suggestions?
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #579 on: August 27, 2007, 10:09:52 AM »

EASY - not true at all in this thread.  My point was that it didn't belong in the old LCD nor does it belong in any missing persons thread.

I will ask you the same thing.  Do you think it's appropriate to discuss the subjects highlighted in red above in a missing persons thread?

My point is that all topics were discussed in the old LCD and not many topics were missed.  It was sort of a bullpen at times when there was no news.  Since making the separation, some have chosen to list various off-topic discussions and single individuals out, while all along the majority were guilty.  It hurts feelings and does not serve your purpose.  It alienates long-time supporters of this site.

Diplomacy and tact should be key during any transitional period. imo
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.