April 27, 2024, 07:11:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204282 times)
crazybabyborg
« Reply #580 on: August 27, 2007, 10:14:05 AM »

Easy? It's not even an effort in diplomacy and tact for me, but just from my heart to say to you: please, come help make this thread a warm place for everyone.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: August 27, 2007, 10:21:07 AM »

Morning, Glories!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #582 on: August 27, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »

Does anyone have Google Desktop installed?  It's a free program that has a side bar that gives things from a choice of gadgets like news updates, temperature, feeds from forums last posted item, etc.?

It also has a search feature that is supposed to search your computer for files, things like emails.  This is the feature that doesn't seem to work very well for me.  Any suggestions?

Anyone know of a better search program to find stuff in your own files?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: August 27, 2007, 10:25:09 AM »

After reading through this thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that the format change has little to do with how people are feeling right now.  Every person that frequents SM and gets off-topic has their own personal interests.  Yet, some have seized the opportunity to single out others and publicly belittle them over things they have said in the old LCD over the past two years.

Some off-topic discussion, i.e. flatulence, dead grass and makeup is pre-approved whereas quips about dental hygiene and stuffed toys is regarded as some type of political statement that should be squashed.  It would appear that the musing thread has become a glass house and it is not a very cozy house, considering this recent trend.

EASY - not true at all in this thread.  My point was that it didn't belong in the old LCD nor does it belong in any missing persons thread.

I will ask you the same thing.  Do you think it's appropriate to discuss the subjects highlighted in red above in a missing persons thread?

My point is that all topics were discussed in the old LCD and not many topics were missed.  It was sort of a bullpen at times when there was no news.  Since making the separation, some have chosen to list various off-topic discussions and single individuals out, while all along the majority were guilty.  It hurts feelings and does not serve your purpose.  It alienates long-time supporters of this site.

Diplomacy and tact should be key during any transitional period. imo

EASY - I directed my post to the person who was complaining just like I'm doing with you.  Just saying that "it was always OK before in the old LCD" doesn't mean it was appropriate to do so. It was inappropriate and the decision was made to stop it.  All of the "off topic" that used to be discussed in the old LCD can be discussed here in the Musing thread. So what is the problem?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: August 27, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »

Morning Klaas! Morning Monkeys!

Have a cup of coffee with me and let's get through this Monday with monkey hugs!  Very Happy

Klass, Dugga? I promised auntiem an avi, but her pic won't open for me. Any suggestions?

I just looked at her profile and it appears she has tried to upload her own Holloween avatar and it's not showing up. 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #585 on: August 27, 2007, 10:32:39 AM »

Thanks, Klaas! I'll just take a "wait and see" seat!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #586 on: August 27, 2007, 10:38:29 AM »

Morning Klaas! Morning Monkeys!

Have a cup of coffee with me and let's get through this Monday with monkey hugs!  Very Happy

Klass, Dugga? I promised auntiem an avi, but her pic won't open for me. Any suggestions?

Here ya go, CBB!

PERSONA NON GRATA

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: August 27, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

Thanks, Klaas! I'll just take a "wait and see" seat!

What was the name of the cartoon character in her avatar, do you remember?
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #588 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »

Hi ROBOTS..

You are with me when I went exploring for Donna Jou areas of interest... Now don't get shocked!

(it's the cell phone)

Had a former boyfriend with broken ribs... couldn't even hug him. Wow pain.

We have missed you!!!

i hope im always with you Smile Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #589 on: August 27, 2007, 10:49:26 AM »

Cool

Robots - I didn't know you were moving!  That sucks in the heat of summer with broken ribs  Shocked

it sure does...........stink  Mad

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »

Hi ROBOTS..

You are with me when I went exploring for Donna Jou areas of interest... Now don't get shocked!

(it's the cell phone)

We have missed you!!!

Hi Robots!
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #591 on: August 27, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »

After reading through this thread, I’ve come to the conclusion that the format change has little to do with how people are feeling right now.  Every person that frequents SM and gets off-topic has their own personal interests.  Yet, some have seized the opportunity to single out others and publicly belittle them over things they have said in the old LCD over the past two years.

Some off-topic discussion, i.e. flatulence, dead grass and makeup is pre-approved whereas quips about dental hygiene and stuffed toys is regarded as some type of political statement that should be squashed.  It would appear that the musing thread has become a glass house and it is not a very cozy house, considering this recent trend.

EASY - not true at all in this thread.  My point was that it didn't belong in the old LCD nor does it belong in any missing persons thread.

I will ask you the same thing.  Do you think it's appropriate to discuss the subjects highlighted in red above in a missing persons thread?

My point is that all topics were discussed in the old LCD and not many topics were missed.  It was sort of a bullpen at times when there was no news.  Since making the separation, some have chosen to list various off-topic discussions and single individuals out, while all along the majority were guilty.  It hurts feelings and does not serve your purpose.  It alienates long-time supporters of this site.

EASY - I directed my post to the person who was complaining just like I'm doing with you.  Just saying that "it was always OK before in the old LCD" doesn't mean it was appropriate to do so. It was inappropriate and the decision was made to stop it.  All of the "off topic" that used to be discussed in the old LCD can be discussed here in the Musing thread. So what is the problem?

Personally, I do not see it as a big issue except that the initial instructions were confusing and that caused people to scratch their heads.  Then some felt the strong need to get on a soap box and admonish all that had ever been off topic in the LCD, listing sundry topical diversions.  Those delivering this sermon were just as guilty as the rest of us, but for some reason they rationalized their off-topic discussions were more worthy.

Now there is a divide widening between members of the old core group, because of this desire some have to lecture about what was appropriate or inappropriate in the past.  That occurrence is a shame, because many visitors to this forum have made some valuable friendships over the course of the Natalee Holloway “investigation.”

Instead of everyone stepping up to the plate and saying, “Hey, we ALL got off topic in the LCD thread and would like to change that after two years.”  People are taking swings at others in a rather back-handed way.

Maybe it will all work itself out in time and this internet community will come together once again.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: August 27, 2007, 10:52:23 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys!  Good to see you all.

Working and lurking....

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
crazybabyborg
« Reply #593 on: August 27, 2007, 10:52:57 AM »

I was just looking for "Dora" the Explorer, Klaas! I'll leave this here for her in case she wants it.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/hae.gif

It'll be in the Halloween thread as well.  Wink
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #594 on: August 27, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »

Hi ROBOTS..

(it's the cell phone)

We have missed you!!!

Hi Robots!

Cool hello Klass !!

- A Horse's Tale
crazybabyborg
« Reply #595 on: August 27, 2007, 10:59:58 AM »

ROBOTS? we've missed you since you've been AWOL! MOVE is a four letter word!

Kimmy? Have you seen your Halloween avi? It's early, but yours is done.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #596 on: August 27, 2007, 11:01:14 AM »

Oh CBB - What do you have in store for me?  I gotta go look!!!!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: August 27, 2007, 11:01:38 AM »

Personally, I do not see it as a big issue except that the initial instructions were confusing and that caused people to scratch their heads.  Then some felt the strong need to get on a soap box and admonish all that had ever been off topic in the LCD, listing sundry topical diversions.  Those delivering this sermon were just as guilty as the rest of us, but for some reason they rationalized their off-topic discussions were more worthy.

Now there is a divide widening between members of the old core group, because of this desire some have to lecture about what was appropriate or inappropriate in the past.  That occurrence is a shame, because many visitors to this forum have made some valuable friendships over the course of the Natalee Holloway “investigation.”

Instead of everyone stepping up to the plate and saying, “Hey, we ALL got off topic in the LCD thread and would like to change that after two years.”  People are taking swings at others in a rather back-handed way.

Maybe it will all work itself out in time and this internet community will come together once again.

This is exactly how the changes were presented, that we ALL got off topic and after 2 years we were going to change.  Somehow that change is not being accepted by some people.

I do hope that everyone can learn to live with the changes.  Compared to what the families of missing persons are going through, changes in a forum seem very trivial.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #598 on: August 27, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

CBB - I luv luv luv the Halloween Avi!  I will wait a little to change clothes, it is still a little early yet for my costume.

Thank you so much for thinking of me!((((hugs))))

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #599 on: August 27, 2007, 11:08:59 AM »

i check in every day....just to see if any news

almost done moving.... moving everything by myself excpet i had some help with the washer and dryer... the washer almost killed me.... Laughing

- A Horse's Tale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.