April 28, 2024, 04:58:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204338 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »

Hi everyone. I wanted to take a minute to say I agree with what Angie says about a family member of Natalee's. That family member has been posting here since Natalee first went missing, and is in close contact with Beth. She has said several times recently that she has never been offended by off topic on Natalee's thread.

The one-thread concept was what made SM different from other forums and made it special. It was what built us into a family. I have even heard people who are fairly new to SM say that lately. They have mentioned that while having lots of separate threads works okay on various forums, that SM didn't develop with that format, and that it doesn't work as well at SM.
I'm not being critical here - simply reporting what people are saying. I hope that the information is taken in that light.

HOW about the fact that it wasn't that family member I referred to... and I TOLD ANG that in chat... and I will repeat it.  There was a family member that requested this.... it is not her,  it is not a family member that posts here!!! IT is a member of Natalee's family that reads here.... I have NO IDEA WHY ANY OF YOU WOULD THINK I WOULD FEEL THE NEED TO MAKE STUFF UP....because I don't at all.... I will tell the truth or won't talk... I don't have the look at me disease that I have seen... and I don't make up lies to make people feel bad or whatever....and by posting that she isn't offended you are all implying that I said it was her and she told you differently so therefore I am lying... (that is my opinion on what you say)   I am oh so sorry if that offends any of you.....
RED told you all in chat that there was a reason as well... and it had nothing to do with any one person on here....because I know a lot of you think that someone who isn't a member complained and this happened, once again I have said over and over it's not that either... sometimes things will become clear later.... 

It completely amazes me that people say they are afraid to talk when that is what this thread is for... only y'all don't want to talk!!!  That's what I take from it... you have been told over and over that this thread is for anything you want to talk about but it seems to me if you can't talk about whatever youo damn well please in the Natalee thread you don't want to talk.... so there I said it...

instead of complaining every time you come in here why not just talk?  Beccause when I pick up the computer all I see is that you all hate SM and how bad it sucks .  YOu don't talk about anything other than that.... and I quite frankly don't get why you can't talk other than you simply don't want to.

Am I upset?? you bet.... take a minute and think about it -

Good Morning Monks!  While reading and catching up I come across this post......and I have to tell you it is PAINFUL to read...I may be simple minded but I can't see why some are so bent on arguing about how the forum is set up now.....for me personally it's the BEST it has EVER been......I no longer have oodles of time to sit and read ...so now I can go check in on Natalee's thread....and them come to musings to see what's happening  with everyone....what is so difficult about that? For the record...I can TELL you why some don't talk much in Musings....cause many of us are simply ignored.....oh yes it is the truth.....and others come in and read and see the constant belittling of how the forum is now set up and just don't want to get into it or even READ it!!.....the concept is sooooo simple....this is the old LCD thread except for in-depth discussions on Natalee and other missing people....what's so difficult about that? Red, Dugga, Mrs. Red, Klaas, San,  CBB...Dang I hope I haven't missed any of y'all Confused....are all doing the best job possible to try to satisfy everyone INCLUDING Natalee's family.....for goodness sakes.....let's give them ALL a break...and yes I know that by posting this some will still not talk to or even acknowledge me when I come on SM..but that's OK too.....

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 27, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »

Hi Monkeys,

I have missed you. I also want to make a comment about the changes in the forum and the dispositions that have changed.

Every single Monkey and yes I do mean every has at one time or another been off topic in the Natalee thread.Ok so that has changed. I can go along with that. What I can't understand is why the Moderators feel the need to single out the posters who complain or try to explain why some are having a difficult time with the changes.

If the moderators could take the time to explain the changes by not becoming angry at the poster or singling their post out it might go along way toward mending fences. So instead of quoting someones post and making them feel singled out  maybe the moderators could just try to be more understanding and either just ignore the post or do a new message that does not include the original post you are trying to reply about.

It does no good to talk to us by yelling. We are not children. It also does not help if you mention what we have been off topic about. We all know the things we might have said. Attack the post, not the poster. JMHO

Just a swinging with the tribe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #602 on: August 27, 2007, 11:22:35 AM »

In every post I have ever made about the forum change, I have stated that I got off topic myself in the past but that didn't make it right to do so.  Certainly not in a thread bearing the title as being about somebody's missing child.

Everyone has said they got off topic.  But now we don't have to do that any more because we have this Musings Thread where it is "legal" to do so and we are free to do so without feeling guilty about it.  This is a good thing and I don't understand what the problem is.

All have been equally invited to join in, participate, welcomed, cajoled, etc. 

And I surely hope our new members will feel free to post here in this open discussion forum.  Please join in the discussion.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #603 on: August 27, 2007, 11:24:05 AM »

Changes have been explained over and over again.  How many times is enough? 
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #604 on: August 27, 2007, 11:25:10 AM »

Hi Sunny in Texas, nice to see you.

Has anyone heard from Peaches latley? Hey Peaches we all are still praying for you.

Sunny I also think this new Musings thread is a good thread. If it can be done without the bickering that has been going on and folks are just alowed to adapt to the changes. We all came to Scared Monkeys for Natalee but we also made friends along the way.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: August 27, 2007, 11:25:25 AM »

Hi Sunny  Wink
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: August 27, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »

wanted to share my new joy.....I got a brand new MNI COOPER this weekend!  this is my dream car and I LOVE IT!!!  As some of you might remember...my husband retired..... and we moved to MO  to be close to my family!  LIFE IS GOOD......we have a new home that we love, are with our family and I got my dream car!!  WOOHOO  Also my husband decided after 2 1/2 months of retirement that it wasn't for him...so he went out and got a new JOB! He started today...so I have my 'normal' life back...only BETTER!!!   LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: August 27, 2007, 11:28:23 AM »

Bless your heart Klaas

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: August 27, 2007, 11:29:02 AM »

wanted to share my new joy.....I got a brand new MNI COOPER this weekend!  this is my dream car and I LOVE IT!!!  As some of you might remember...my husband retired..... and we moved to MO  to be close to my family!  LIFE IS GOOD......we have a new home that we love, are with our family and I got my dream car!!  WOOHOO  Also my husband decided after 2 1/2 months of retirement that it wasn't for him...so he went out and got a new JOB! He started today...so I have my 'normal' life back...only BETTER!!!   LOL

Sunny - I love those cars, they are so cute!  I've never driving in one though.  How are they to drive?

Funny about getting your "normal" life back, LOLOL  Laughing
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: August 27, 2007, 11:32:48 AM »

I am doing what is asked not be done. LOL But maybe that post was enough.We have all heard it now.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: August 27, 2007, 11:35:02 AM »

Hi Sunny  Wink

Good Morning Klaas and thank you...for all you do.....and for your patience...I saw your photo of the storm ....dang! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: August 27, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »

Hi Sunny  Wink

Good Morning Klaas and thank you...for all you do.....and for your patience...I saw your photo of the storm ....dang! 

Speaking of storms - this was in Aruba yesterday  Shocked

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: August 27, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »

Laughing Laughing

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294734,00.html
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: August 27, 2007, 11:40:45 AM »

Good Morning Monks!  While reading and catching up I come across this post......and I have to tell you it is PAINFUL to read...I may be simple minded but I can't see why some are so bent on arguing about how the forum is set up now.....for me personally it's the BEST it has EVER been......I no longer have oodles of time to sit and read ...so now I can go check in on Natalee's thread....and them come to musings to see what's happening  with everyone....what is so difficult about that? For the record...I can TELL you why some don't talk much in Musings....cause many of us are simply ignored.....oh yes it is the truth.....and others come in and read and see the constant belittling of how the forum is now set up and just don't want to get into it or even READ it!!.....the concept is sooooo simple....this is the old LCD thread except for in-depth discussions on Natalee and other missing people....what's so difficult about that? Red, Dugga, Mrs. Red, Klaas, San,  CBB...Dang I hope I haven't missed any of y'all Confused....are all doing the best job possible to try to satisfy everyone INCLUDING Natalee's family.....for goodness sakes.....let's give them ALL a break...and yes I know that by posting this some will still not talk to or even acknowledge me when I come on SM..but that's OK too.....

Good Morning, Sunny!

Never ignore you but sometimes I am not here at the same time.

I couldn't agree more.  SM was not built on one big monster thread as we used to have very strict rules about being on topic, quote stacks and everything else and yet we all managed quite well and did form friendships and bonds.  I know I sure remember those days! 

And I totally agree that this is the best it has ever been!   We now have a place to discuss whatevers and Natalee's disappearance has a thread of its own that won't be constantly derailed. 

I still wish for one of those little boxes that shows the ten most recent posts but the Google Desktop feeds do a pretty good job of that.  That is what I was asking Klaas about earlier.

But this is so much better especially when time is a factor I wouldn't want to go back to the mixed posting at all.  I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the change and look forward to what new improvements we may have in the future.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: August 27, 2007, 11:41:04 AM »

Hi Sunny  Wink

Is that a tornado Klaas?

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: August 27, 2007, 11:42:04 AM »

Sam - it's a water spout.  If it were over land it would be a tornado.

Edited to add:  Water spouts can cause alot of damage too.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: August 27, 2007, 11:42:05 AM »

Sunny - I love those cars, they are so cute!  I've never driving in one though.  How are they to drive?

Funny about getting your "normal" life back, LOLOL  Laughing

they are SWEET to drive.....everyone that has drive it this weekend...my husband, son, DIL, cousins, etc....were amazed...it has some real GO to it.  and it's a lot roomier than one would think...we had 4 adults in it nearly all weekend and everyone raved about the room and the ride.  We love the sun and moon roof...almost as good as a convertible!!! Those of you that know my last name and know that I am vertically challanged Rolling Eyes will see the humor in the MINI COOPER Laughing

Believe me life is NOT normal when one's husband retires and is home all the time Shocked  LOL...I think even the dogs were happy to see him go to work this morning!  LOL

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: August 27, 2007, 11:43:44 AM »

Hi Sunny  Wink

yikes!!  Is that a tornado??? we went through a terrible storm while driving home with my new car on Friday......I was SKEERED!!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: August 27, 2007, 11:45:39 AM »

I am on the floor....

"We call them big boys' toys," he said, but because of the prices, "these are not to be played with by children."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 11:47:54 AM by klaasend » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #619 on: August 27, 2007, 11:45:53 AM »

Klaas,

Is that a water spout in Aruba?  Don't think they have tornadoes, do they?  Those things, water spouts, are really weird.  Don't understand what makes them form.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.