April 27, 2024, 04:40:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 204304 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #620 on: August 27, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

Constantly trying to put a guilt trip on people that drifted off topic in a particular thread is definitely not the way to mend fences.  It is a form of manipulation and it is quickly growing old.  If anyone here really felt that strongly about this subject matter, why in the world would they contribute to the off-topic banter in the old LCD?  If management felt so strongly about this issue, then why did it take over two years to make the change?  The Monkey Lounge has always been a part of this forum as far as I know.  Why wasn’t more of an effort made to make good use of it before it reached this point?

The change is probably a good thing and people should be encouraged to make good use of the various topics, but beating people over the head about it at this late date is not a winning approach.

I'm done with this topic........
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #621 on: August 27, 2007, 11:49:53 AM »

Klaas,

Is that a water spout in Aruba?  Don't think they have tornadoes, do they?  Those things, water spouts, are really weird.  Don't understand what makes them form.

Same thing that makes tornadoes form, unstable air.  Water spouts can do alot of damage when they reach land.  Maybe not as much as tornadoes though because I think they normally fall apart when they reach land.
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #622 on: August 27, 2007, 11:51:28 AM »

I agree Anna that the musing thread will eventually be a good place.
If folks can be allowed to vent sometimes without being scolded. Sometimes folks just need to do that. They also do not even need a reply.

Oh thank you Klaas for explaining about the waterspout. Weird.

I think this has been an unusual summer everywhere. It is 80 here today but no humidity so feels much cooler.

Just a swinging with the tribe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: August 27, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »

Klaas,

Is that a water spout in Aruba?  Don't think they have tornadoes, do they?  Those things, water spouts, are really weird.  Don't understand what makes them form.

Same thing that makes tornadoes form, unstable air.  Water spouts can do alot of damage when they reach land.  Maybe not as much as tornadoes though because I think they normally fall apart when they reach land.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout

Nautical threat
Waterspouts have long been recognized as serious marine hazards. Lucretius wrote about whirling columns that descended from the sky into the ocean and put sailors "into great peril"; history is filled with examples of ships being destroyed or damaged by them.[citation needed]

Stronger waterspouts are usually quite dangerous, posing threats to ships, planes, and swimmers. It is recommended to keep a considerable distance from these phenomena, and to always be on alert through weather reports. The U.S. National Weather Service will often issue special marine warnings when waterspouts are likely or have been sighted over coastal waters, or tornado warnings when waterspouts can move onshore.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: August 27, 2007, 11:52:43 AM »

Since I appear to be "the poster" that everyone is quoting this morning, I would like to clarify some things:

1)Yesterday I was repeating the concerns I have heard from other posters. Many are still not comfortable with the current set up, for one reason or another.

2)I was trying to make the concerns known in the hopes that they could be discussed, people could be made to feel more comfortable, and people who aren't posting now would begin to post again.

3)That obviously did not work.

4)I would like to have everyone please drop the subject and go back to whatever you were discussing before. I certainly don't intend to ever bring any such concerns here again. Rather than encourage discussion, it only encourages anger and diviseness.

Thank you.

I Stand With The Girl
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: August 27, 2007, 11:53:24 AM »

Good Morning, Sunny! Good Morning Anna...thanks for the heads up about the codebreaker
Never ignore you but sometimes I am not here at the same time.   
I couldn't agree more.  SM was not built on one big monster thread as we used to have very strict rules about being on topic, quote stacks and everything else and yet we all managed quite well and did form friendships and bonds.  I know I sure remember those days!  Oh lordy me too.....no cussin, spittin' or stomping one's feet.....once time I wanted to call the sporter an A$$HOLE....and KNEW for sure that I'd better not say that word..so I said something like the rear orfice of a donkey.....and KLAAS let it slide....but let me know she was 'on to me'....LOL
And I totally agree that this is the best it has ever been!   We now have a place to discuss whatevers and Natalee's disappearance has a thread of its own that won't be constantly derailed. 

I still wish for one of those little boxes that shows the ten most recent posts but the Google Desktop feeds do a pretty good job of that.  That is what I was asking Klaas about earlier.   we can't have it all....but we sure have more than most!!!But this is so much better especially when time is a factor I wouldn't want to go back to the mixed posting at all.  I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the change and look forward to what new improvements we may have in the future.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #626 on: August 27, 2007, 11:54:53 AM »

Hey Easy did you get my email?

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: August 27, 2007, 11:56:59 AM »

Klaas,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterspout

Nautical threat
Waterspouts have long been recognized as serious marine hazards. Lucretius wrote about whirling columns that descended from the sky into the ocean and put sailors "into great peril"; history is filled with examples of ships being destroyed or damaged by them.[citation needed]

Stronger waterspouts are usually quite dangerous, posing threats to ships, planes, and swimmers. It is recommended to keep a considerable distance from these phenomena, and to always be on alert through weather reports. The U.S. National Weather Service will often issue special marine warnings when waterspouts are likely or have been sighted over coastal waters, or tornado warnings when waterspouts can move onshore.

thanks Klaas....
I have heard the term before but wasn't sure exatly what it was

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: August 27, 2007, 11:57:33 AM »

Sunny,

What kind of car is a Mini Cooper?  I don't know much about cars, just that we have to have them, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #629 on: August 27, 2007, 11:58:54 AM »

HI Bt girl nice to see you?

Again has anyone heard from Peaches? How is she doing?

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: August 27, 2007, 12:00:49 PM »

Sunny,

What kind of car is a Mini Cooper?  I don't know much about cars, just that we have to have them, lol.

It is engineered and made by BMW....you can go to

http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features-m

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #631 on: August 27, 2007, 12:01:10 PM »

They have a video of that water spout in Aruba at the 24ora site now:

http://www.24ora.com/content/view/1957/5/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #632 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »

Peaches last posted on Friday and she seemed fine.  Her platelets are holding up well prior to and after her last chemo.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #633 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »

Sunny,

It is engineered and made by BMW....you can go to

http://www.miniusa.com/#/learn/FACTS_FEATURES_SPECS/Top_Features-m

That's really a nice car!  Did you get the convertible version?  That would be fun.

I am going to need a new car soon but don't want to have to take good care of an expensive one.  My old Toyota 4 Runner has served me well so guess I will just stick with another as it serves as transport for feed and things like that.

But if I was going to have a luxury car and actually take good care of one, that one is a definite one I would consider!  Would hold the dogs and everything.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #634 on: August 27, 2007, 12:05:38 PM »

Peaches gives updates in the support thread dedicated to her in the Lounge, and I've also seen her post in the Music thread.  Last I read, she's hanging in there, which is no surprise.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: August 27, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »

Off to work and lurk.  I am attacking the bamboo again today and plan to remove about ten stalks a day until I get the birds under control.

But now I am wondering if the bamboo might be growing faster than I can whack it down, lol.  Just kidding but it seems to be a losing battle and I have to wear a mask and gloves in this heat because of bird roosts being connected to so many diseases.

BBLater when heat drives me back inside!

PERSONA NON GRATA

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #636 on: August 27, 2007, 12:11:17 PM »

Peaches last posted on Friday and she seemed fine.  Her platelets are holding up well prior to and after her last chemo.

Thanks Klaas.....Peaches is an amazing woman!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: August 27, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

Off to work and lurk.  I am attacking the bamboo again today and plan to remove about ten stalks a day until I get the birds under control.

But now I am wondering if the bamboo might be growing faster than I can whack it down, lol.  Just kidding but it seems to be a losing battle and I have to wear a mask and gloves in this heat because of bird roosts being connected to so many diseases.

How to get rid of bamboo: Wink

http://www.ehow.com/how_172213_rid-bamboo.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: August 27, 2007, 12:16:16 PM »

It took us nearly 3 years to get rid of the bamboo when we moved into our last house in TX...Good Luck!!  Be careful in the heat Anna!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #639 on: August 27, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »

Thanks Klaas for letting me know about Peaches.

Ok , I have a doctors apointment so will chat with you all at a later time. Have a good day.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.