June 16, 2024, 07:11:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musing Daily Open Discussion #3 8/24 - 8/29/2007  (Read 207568 times)
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #800 on: August 28, 2007, 05:34:12 PM »

Angie,

here is the website for the kiss tribute band www.thekisstribute.com you know who is the drummer...Newspaper interviewed Gene Simmons, said this band was the best  that he has seen doing Kiss stuff. Nice compliment. Band loved it. They are moving into other states now. Guess he will have to quit his day job before long. Great young man..I am so proud...

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #801 on: August 28, 2007, 06:02:10 PM »

Mere  Have a great time !!

Jerry.. howdy and glad you are ok.

Oldfart .. hope you feel better..summer colds suck.  Sad

Os.. I am doing ok.. Just very frustrating that my next appt is still 3 weeks away..  pffftttt  Mad
 I'll check out the link you posted.. TY

Hi yah Klaas and San.. anyone else I missed.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: August 28, 2007, 06:27:51 PM »

Good afternoon monkeys.  Trying to figure out what's for supper.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: August 28, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »

Hi Mere,

Sounds like you are having fun, good to here, love Southern food, yummy...

Hi Muffy 

San I know you are her somewhere hi to you too 

Hi Jerry, hope everything works out for you.

OS

Hi OS, sorry I missed your post earlier I had to go play lotto Laughing.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: August 28, 2007, 06:47:42 PM »

Good afternoon monkeys.  Trying to figure out what's for supper.   

Well, whatever I figure out to eat for dinner  Idea, I don't think I will be having a Marie Callendar pie for dessert:
"Marie Callender Pies On Recall List"  http://keyetv.com/topstories/topstories_story_240094720.html

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: August 28, 2007, 07:48:30 PM »

For those of you talking about the Miss Teen USA pageant, it did not take place in Atlantic City.

It took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Pasadena on Friday night. I was there for my high school reunion and I saw all these young girls, including Miss S. Carolina. I was so curious and talked to some of the pageant organizers, too.

I'll never understand where your mean spiritedness comes from.  Rolling Eyes

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50:43 PM »

Mere  Have a great time !!

Jerry.. howdy and glad you are ok.

Oldfart .. hope you feel better..summer colds suck.  Sad

Os.. I am doing ok.. Just very frustrating that my next appt is still 3 weeks away..  pffftttt  Mad
 I'll check out the link you posted.. TY

Hi yah Klaas and San.. anyone else I missed.

Hi Angie.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: August 28, 2007, 07:53:15 PM »

For those of you talking about the Miss Teen USA pageant, it did not take place in Atlantic City.

It took place at the Sheraton Hotel in Pasadena on Friday night. I was there for my high school reunion and I saw all these young girls, including Miss S. Carolina. I was so curious and talked to some of the pageant organizers, too.

Hi Louise

I think there were a couple conversations going on.  The Atlantic City reference was to a Travel show where Aruba was going to have a booth.

Then someone posted the Youtube of Miss Carolina.  I actually felt sorry for her as it was clear she was a nervous wreck. 
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: August 28, 2007, 07:57:09 PM »

Hi Louise

I think there were a couple conversations going on.  The Atlantic City reference was to a Travel show where Aruba was going to have a booth.

Then someone posted the Youtube of Miss Carolina.  I actually felt sorry for her as it was clear she was a nervous wreck. 

SHe was and wasn't prepared for the question... having said that.... the young woman who played the violin when Red and I were married was Ms. Teen Ga that year... she would have answered this question easily... I think it's hard for some to think on their feet....

but the answer really didn't make a lot of sense.... she talked about helping kids in Aisa and SAfricia learn our maps...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #809 on: August 28, 2007, 07:59:22 PM »

I don't mean to be hateful... but dang, the media just over does the whole NOrleans and Katrina story.... and they NEVER put the blame on the politicans that pocketed the money which helped cause the damage...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: August 28, 2007, 08:03:17 PM »

Thank you, Klaas.

I felt very sorry for Miss S. Carolina, too. If anyone asked me a question under those circumstances, I would not come up with any answer, I'd be so scared.

These girls were breathtakingly gorgeous. When I saw the stuff on the news this morning, I wondered how long it would be until Monkeys jumped on it and began to make fun of her.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #811 on: August 28, 2007, 08:06:55 PM »

Thank you, Klaas.

I felt very sorry for Miss S. Carolina, too. If anyone asked me a question under those circumstances, I would not come up with any answer, I'd be so scared.

These girls were breathtakingly gorgeous. When I saw the stuff on the news this morning, I wondered how long it would be until Monkeys jumped on it and began to make fun of her.

The Monkeys??? try Bill O Reilly's little sidekick, Michelle Maulkin..... and I hold her to a much higher standard...

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 08:11:58 PM by mrs. red » Logged

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: August 28, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

Making fun of people is the same whether the Monkeys do it or Michelle Maulkin does it. Our society has declined so far that it is now accepted.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #813 on: August 28, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »

Making fun of people is the same whether the Monkeys do it or Michelle Maulkin does it. Our society has declined so far that it is now accepted.

i would agree wiyh that

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #814 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:27 PM »

I sure didnt mean to offend by laughing at Blahs post.
  I, myself wouldn't have been able to come up with no great answer.
 Probably a no comment one. 
 Hi yah Louise and Mrs.

Smile San  Howdy back at yah.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #815 on: August 28, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »

Hi yah Louise and Mrs.

please, the girl herself stated it wasn't a good answer and that she froze... she will be more famous than the winner...

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #816 on: August 28, 2007, 08:47:11 PM »

LOUISE

How was your reunion??   
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:04 PM »

so I am now watching... on NBC... a study on the old SNL's...

they were unbelievablely funny....

Dan Akroyd in the skit about Julia Child (who, btw - I LOVED) where she cuts her finger.... ...

Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #818 on: August 28, 2007, 08:53:37 PM »

Hi yah Louise and Mrs.

please, the girl herself stated it wasn't a good answer and that she froze... she will be more famous than the winner...

Perhaps so Louise,.  I apologize I have not watched TV in days. I saw the youtubve video,.. that was it.
 Not gonna argue about it.. I can see how she would freeze. I would have as well... probably even as an adult right now.
Anyhow.. how was you renunion. did you have fun?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #819 on: August 28, 2007, 08:56:08 PM »

Hi yah Louise and Mrs.

Perhaps so Louise,.  I apologize I have not watched TV in days. I saw the youtubve video,.. that was it.
 Not gonna argue about it.. I can see how she would freeze. I would have as well... probably even as an adult right now.
Anyhow.. how was you renunion. did you have fun?

I am watching her right now... it's why I said that...I am not in anyway cutting the girl down...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.