March 28, 2024, 12:22:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TES - OHIO searches 08/25/07  (Read 27484 times)
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2007, 10:39:53 PM »

Mike & Helen from TES
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 11:02:50 PM »

Volunteer retired police officer, Detective, Police officer going to veiw the bone.  Notice the dark sky, it was during the tornado approach.

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 11:05:19 PM »

Seach at Scioto Darby for Brian.  Tim and Lisa on ATV.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 11:13:41 PM »

Ugly Tuna Saloona Campus bar where Brian was last seen.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2007, 11:20:25 PM »

Lily, Adam, Lisa, Tim, Randy, Erica, Carla, Alvin, Helen and Mike after a long 1st day of searches, relax outside the lounge for pics.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2007, 11:30:32 PM »

Day 2
We arrived first thing in the morning and helped out at the sign- in desk, get ice, and whatever other small tasks needed done, while Tim met with the search leads and the newest volunteers to go over what needed done and where.  This day there was to be one large search at the Scioto River near Griggs reservoir because a call came in from an anonymous caller the night before stating the body is by the river in the grass.  We wondered whether it’s a prank or not, but had to follow up on it.  Randy said they had not received a call like it before and was more emotional that day.

This search, we took the ATV’s again, so Marlee was able to go, since she wouldn’t have to walk.  When we got to the river, the foot patrol searched the banks and the ATV’s searchers searched farther in from the banks, in small wooded areas and patches of brush.  The bank was very difficult, because aside from some small fishing holes, there were mostly a couple feet of trees, which was hard to get through and very easy to slip and fall in.  I feel we weren’t as successful as we could have been, but did the best we could.  I did see Marlee at one point in a big brush area, trying to dig through it.  We had started at two different ends of a portion of the river and met in the middle.    We didn’t find anything, so laterl joined another group at a quarry by the river and proceeded there.

At the quarry, a purse was found, with credit cards and a driver’s license still in it.  It was flagged for further investigation,  for obvious reasons.  It later turned up to be from a burglary that happened back in March.  So at least we recovered the contents for some innocent victim out there. 

I have to tell a humorous story from the search that helped lighten the day for everybody,  apparently, somebody in Marlee’s team at the river found a golf ball and next to it a jar of Vaseline.  There were several jokes made of it and nobody wanted to outwardly speculate what that was all about!

While my search team consisted of Brian’s neighbor, his daughter, Mike and I, the neighbor started talking about the search from day one of Brian’s disappearance and something that had bothered him ever since.  He said that him and a friend of Brian, who was with him, the night he went missing, were driving around campus, passing out flyers.  The boy, who was driving, kept passing a road by what looked to be by a field, several times.  He found this to be odd, since it ended at a field and no reason to keep driving on campus up the same road several times.  I asked him if he ever reported this to the authorities and he said “no”, but since then , it has eatin’ at him for a long time, as it had made no sense and for other reasons. I mentioned it to Mike and told him, I felt for many reasons, this area should be searched.  As most might know, one, criminals usually always need to return to a crime scene and two, could he possibly be checking to make sure nobody was looking there?  Now mind you, this is total speculation and just some things we found interesting.  Randy said a police helicopter had flown over the area once, I assume with infrared to look for a body?  I don’t know for sure, but felt it important to look.
So Marlee, Jerry, his daughter and I took off by ourselves to look.  When we got there, it was a big hill with grass, brush and trees.  When we climbed the hill, there were railroad tracks.  Our thoughts were, since it was close to apartments, a body wasn’t there long, if it ever was, without being detected from the odor, but a good place to hide temporarily before being moved.  We knew we would probably weren’t looking for bones, but searching for keys, wallet, medical bracelet and a Motorola Sliver cell phone, all of which Brian had that nights.  I called Tim to explain it and see what his thoughts were and let him know that we needed more people, since it was a large area.  He had Sgt Luzio (Tony’s dad) call me and he agreed it was a good place to search, he always felt Brian was within a few miles of the bar.

They had a large group of new volunteers, a church group from the church at the command post, who just showed up at the command post looking for a place to go.  We were only a mile or so from the command post and about three miles from the bar Brian disappeared from.   The group was shuttled over in about 15 mins  and jumped right in. After about ½ hour a small round bone was found and further up an indent in the ground, close to a hole was found.  Tony was called to come out and take a look.  He took the small bone (one lady said it looked like pork neck bone) to be examined in the morgue and went to look at the indent and hole.  We all agreed however, the brush was so thick, it was almost impossible to look at as thoroughly as needed and we should wait until the fall.  Tony agreed and said he would have a police team search later.  We were all shuttled back and sat at the command post until the team that remained at the river returned, which turned out to be hours later.

In the mean time, Marle and I sat with Tim, Lisa, Alvin and the families and some friends and just hung out talking.  And for some odd reason, a golf ball appeared in Marlee’s bag!  I wanted to know why the Vaseline was left out   (We had to have ‘some’ fun, or we’d cry) After an hour the water searchers showed up with the pictures they took of the water floor and found several more cars and a possible body.   They stressed that the body view has proven to be false many times, but that is also what a body does look like in the water, so not to get to excited.  The searchers showed us how to look at the pics.  of everything and to Marlee and I, it looked liked an Illusion, that you have to stand back and stare at, but we never could see the ‘cars’ they pointed out to us, which are similar to a very small fetus in an ultrasound picture. They could actually tell one was a truck, one a van, aside from the car(s).  They just needed to wait to get the dive teams down there.  This turned out to be a very interesting learning experience for both of us.  It also partially solved another case, as they found a stolen car the day before. 

Eventually the river team came back and TES began packing up and getting the bus ready for departure.   The media was on there way to do two more interviews, one with Tim and the fathers, and one with the water searchers.  Marlee and I later saw on the news, the camera panning the parking lot and we both ended up on t.v. , but from a distance.  This is where I begin to lose it.  The emotions of the past couple days, began to surface.

We spent some time taking last minute photos, hugging and saying goodbye to everybody.  It was very emotional and I finally, after a long conversation with Carla, Tony’s mother describing in detail what she went through broke down and cried.  I felt bad because I had done so good holding it in, I did it in front of her causing her to break down.  But she made me realize that for me, a former stranger had come out, who cared enough to help, stayed dedicated for two days, selflessly, meant so much to her.  They all really made Marlee and I feel like we made a difference and in the end that is what was most important.

Again, these words cannot truly describe our experience and feelings completely, but we hoped to give you a glimpse of what and who TES really are. We were more than honored to be just a small part of that, to help them in the minutest way, to make there job just a little bit easier.  They are true heroes!  God Bless all of them!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2007, 11:54:36 PM »

I just got off the phone with Kevin from TES about two OHIO searches this Sat.  The command center is about 20 mins. from my house and Marlee and I will be heading out to help. 

I mentioned we were from SM and he was excited and said how good the ScaredMonkeys have been so good to them and to be sure to tell Tim who we are when we get there.

Marlee and I will update here throughout or end of the day of the searches.
Please pray for success!

Brian Shaffer - age 27, was last seen on Saturday, April 1, 2006 around 2:00 a.m. at the Ugly Tuna Saloona in Columbus, Ohio and has not been seen or heard from since. Brian was last seen wearing a green colored shirt underneath a cream colored long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and Adida tennis shoes.

There is a reward of up to $25,500 for information leading to the whereabouts of Brian.

Tony Luzio - age 25, was last seen at a friends home near Rutherford Rd off Sawmill Parkway in Delaware County in Columbus, Ohio, on July 4, 2005 around 4:00 a.m. and has not been seen or heard from since. Tony was driving a silver 4 dr 2004 Honda Civic, license plate DCA 5615.

There is a $2,000 reward offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Tony.

Any pictures of these young men?

crazybabyborg
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2007, 12:05:36 AM »

Oh Thank you Dihannah and Marlee for your wonderful recounting of your experiences! You guys are awesome and I can't wait to hear more!!!!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2007, 12:13:24 AM »

Dihannah1 and Marlee..

Great work! What Good Works! We need more of you!

I always wondered how TES worked. Didn't Jerry from Ohio participate in one also??

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 12:16:53 AM »

I just got off the phone with Kevin from TES about two OHIO searches this Sat.  The command center is about 20 mins. from my house and Marlee and I will be heading out to help. 

I mentioned we were from SM and he was excited and said how good the ScaredMonkeys have been so good to them and to be sure to tell Tim who we are when we get there.

Marlee and I will update here throughout or end of the day of the searches.
Please pray for success!

Brian Shaffer - age 27, was last seen on Saturday, April 1, 2006 around 2:00 a.m. at the Ugly Tuna Saloona in Columbus, Ohio and has not been seen or heard from since. Brian was last seen wearing a green colored shirt underneath a cream colored long sleeve shirt, blue jeans and Adida tennis shoes.

There is a reward of up to $25,500 for information leading to the whereabouts of Brian.

Tony Luzio - age 25, was last seen at a friends home near Rutherford Rd off Sawmill Parkway in Delaware County in Columbus, Ohio, on July 4, 2005 around 4:00 a.m. and has not been seen or heard from since. Tony was driving a silver 4 dr 2004 Honda Civic, license plate DCA 5615.

There is a $2,000 reward offered for information leading to the whereabouts of Tony.

Any pictures of these young men?

http://www.findbrianshaffer.com/

http://missingexploited.com/2007/08/20/texas-equusearch-plans-search-for-missing-tony-luzio-missing-since-july-4-2005/

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2007, 12:23:47 AM »

Brian Shaffer - (father Randy will be interviewed by Dana on Weds. 8/29/07)

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2007, 12:25:23 AM »

Tony Luzio

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2007, 12:29:18 AM »

Dihannah1 and Marlee..

Great work! What Good Works! We need more of you!

I always wondered how TES worked. Didn't Jerry from Ohio participate in one also??

Yes, Jerry from Ohio helped out in the Jessica Davis search!  I know SunnyinTX helped in TX, not sure what other monkeys did too..

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »

Dihannah1 & Marle - God Bless you for your dedication and hard work. 

I am very interested to know about some 'surveillance' tape I heard about with regards to Brian.  If that is in fact true or some rumor.  I am aware there are some things you will not be able to post at this time for obvious reasons. 

Just reading your story has touched me beyond belief.  And I am so very happy you were both there to support and assist those families.  I can imagine it was probably one of the greatest experiences of your lives.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2007, 11:27:36 AM »

Diana and Marlee,
 God Bless you both and TY for sharing your photos and experiences !! WOW !!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2007, 11:51:21 AM »

I am very interested to know about some 'surveillance' tape I heard about with regards to Brian.  If that is in fact true or some rumor.  I am aware there are some things you will not be able to post at this time for obvious reasons. 

Just reading your story has touched me beyond belief.  And I am so very happy you were both there to support and assist those families.  I can imagine it was probably one of the greatest experiences of your lives.

It WAS one of the greatest experiences of my life.  It also taught me a few things about myself. 

Ask Klaas for my email address please.
Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »

It WAS one of the greatest experiences of my life.  It also taught me a few things about myself. 

Ask Klaas for my email address please.

Marlee (sorry about the incorrect spelling of your name prior). I would be more than thrilled to hear about some of the experiences and hopefully an answer to my curiosity question (before).  I see in my profile my email is not listed.  I tried to look up Klaasend's email - also not listed.  Bit of a novice here, so either you or Klaas is going to have to direct me without posting anything publicly.  Basically, HELP!!!  Smile

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »

Thank you all for your interest, as like Marlee, it was the best experience of my life and unfortunately, there will be more, I will gladly help again.  It was rewarding and nice to see there are so many truly wonderful people out there.

Sleeks - We can speak of the tape I believe you are asking about, as it is public knowledge.  There are video cameras throughout the bar and he was never seen leaving on any of the videos.  That is what makes this so strange.  A neighbor of Brians, who I spoke with during one of the searches had a 'theory', but it was just HIS thoughts, nothing official that we are aware of.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2007, 03:05:59 PM »

Tony Sr, Tim and Randy news interview before departing.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »

Closeup during interview

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.