March 28, 2024, 02:58:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FOR CAT LOVERS  (Read 4526 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 12, 2006, 05:23:08 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/081206dnnatundercoverkitten.b1f3af.html

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 08:24:16 PM »

Fred is a good lookin' cat.
If I was a real Kat, I would marry him ! !
And he had a job ! !
I love Kats and I am always sad when they pass away on us.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 11:30:16 PM »

He's a real cat hero!  I'm sure he'll have a cozy spot with a "bird's eye" view in kitty heaven.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:54 PM »

Hi LilPuma,

Welcome. You are new here. Compliments on your cute avatar.

Hi Tyler,

I know Fred was a good guy, and thank you for posting that article. He was a cat who made a difference in this world. I never thought about fake Veterinarians before.

As I've aged, the one thing I cannot stand is seeing animal bodies killed by cars in the middle of the streets of this big city I live in. Yet I cannot help taking a slight glance of that "piece of something" in the middle of the street. Sometimes it turns out to be a rag, a piece of a tire, a flattened bag, etc. The worst, most horrible thing is for me is to see blood and I turn away quickly in horror.

I don't know how to prevent outdoor cats from wandering onto the street. That's the chance you take when you have an outdoor cat or one that goes indoors and out. They could also get into fights and they could pick up diseases. Generally, outdoor cats have a shorter lifespan.

Thanks again for the article.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:08:06 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Hi LilPuma,

Welcome. You are new here. Compliments on your cute avatar.

Hi Tyler,

I know Fred was a good guy, and thank you for posting that article. He was a cat who made a difference in this world. I never thought about fake Veterinarians before.

As I've aged, the one thing I cannot stand is seeing animal bodies killed by cars in the middle of the streets of this big city I live in. Yet I cannot help taking a slight glance of that "piece of something" in the middle of the street. Sometimes it turns out to be a rag, a piece of a tire, a flattened bag, etc. The worst, most horrible thing is for me is to see blood and I turn away quickly in horror.

I don't know how to prevent outdoor cats from wandering onto the street. That's the chance you take when you have an outdoor cat or one that goes indoors and out. They could also get into fights and they could pick up diseases. Generally, outdoor cats have a shorter lifespan.

Thanks again for the article.

Thanks LV, I owe the avatar to Blah who put it up for grabs when some new people joined.  
When I adopted my cat from the local shelter, I had to sign a contract saying that I would keep the cat indoors (among other things).  It really is dangerous for them out there - traffic, dogs, coyotes, and let's not forget the cruelty of some people.   Crying or Very sad  Evil or Very Mad

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 10:17:43 AM »

Louise Vargas & LilPuma --

My 'Cat Fancy' Calendar for August 18th says:

"The average life span of an outdoor cat is less than 5 years. Even indoor-outdoor cats live far fewer years than their indoor-only counterparts. Give your cat the gift of life by keeping her safely indoors."

All 4 of mine are indoors-only (although we threaten them with banishment to the outside every now and then Wink ). All of my cats have been indoor-only.

It has always been my personal preference. I would be a nervous wreck otherwise.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.