April 19, 2024, 04:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little League World Series, USA beats Japan 3-2  (Read 3199 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« on: August 26, 2007, 09:55:51 PM »

Little League World Series Field of Dreams … Warner Robins, GA Little Leaguers Beat Japan with Walk Off Home Run

http://www.scaredmonkeys.com/2007/08/26/little-league-world-series-field-of-dreams-warner-robins-ga-little-leaguers-beat-japan-with-walk-off-home-run/

The real Field of Dreams is in Williamsport, PA.

The truth of the matter is that Little Leaguers should not look to professional athletes as their role models or heros. MLB should look to the kids in Williamsport, PA that participated in the LLWS as their role models. Congratulations Warner Robins, GA … you did us all proud.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:32:06 PM by Red » Logged
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 12:07:15 AM »

I couldn't agree more Red!

I watched a lot of these games, and Warner-Robbins was my favorite from the beginning. I was so happy to see them win!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 09:25:35 AM »

I was too, WRobbin's is truly a town built up around an air force base and as a result, I expect many of the players have parents in the military so it must be a diverse team. We played a lot of softball and baseball in GA and on many a dusty road around middle GA, it is exciting to see them gain this national acclaim.

Red - it's a given professional sports had better clean up their act, and soon ! I am beginning to think a boycott on ticket sales might be an effective tool !

I continue to stand with the girl.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:33:09 AM »

i watched a few of these games....love their excitement and enthusiasm...and their agony in defeat...it is what is suppose to be about!!!
l liked the team from texas too. that one pitcher of theirs was awesome!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 10:14:55 AM »

i watched a few of these games....love their excitement and enthusiasm...and their agony in defeat...it is what is suppose to be about!!!
l liked the team from texas too. that one pitcher of theirs was awesome!

Isn't that the kid that pitched the no hitter? And they came in 3rd?

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.