April 18, 2024, 04:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dontrelle Willis  (Read 3182 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: August 28, 2007, 10:02:33 PM »

If you love baseball, and appreciate a pitcher who is loaded with talent, then try to catch a Marlins game when he pitches. He may be my favorite Major Leaguer.
He's pitching against the Braves tomorrow night, for those of you who can get Braves baseball, and might be interested.
I hope I didn't just jinx him by calling attention to him  Shocked

Baseball players are very superstitious! Laughing

When he pitches, he's fun to watch. He's a great kid.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 02:12:54 PM »

u jinxed him.I am a braves fan,so that is goodjavascript:void(0);
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 03:00:25 PM »

If you love baseball, and appreciate a pitcher who is loaded with talent, then try to catch a Marlins game when he pitches. He may be my favorite Major Leaguer.
He's pitching against the Braves tomorrow night, for those of you who can get Braves baseball, and might be interested.
I hope I didn't just jinx him by calling attention to him  Shocked

Baseball players are very superstitious! Laughing

When he pitches, he's fun to watch. He's a great kid.

My dh went to the game against the Braves (this past Tuesday night I think). They were given 4 tickets at work -- 4th row behind 3rd base. He is not a big Marlins fan (he still roots for the Mets) but wanted to go....to watch the pitcher Laughing

My parents (in their 80's) are big baseball fans from the old days -- when everyone was a 'bum'  Laughing And as poorly as the 'fish' are doing, they really LOVE watching this pitcher.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 03:10:59 PM »

And now I'm embarrassed -- because I remember him telling me the next day that the pitcher he wanted to see didn't pitch on Tuesday.  My hubby knew that before going -- but didn't tell me (because he knew I wouldn't be that interested) So he didn't see him.

Well, at least the Marlins won on Tuesday, because they sure didn't on Wednesday.

(I admit it. I don't like baseball. But I hope we have a basketball thread come October. MIAMI HEAT season ticket holder here Laughing)

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 05:22:18 PM »

Well for all my big talk....I didn't get to watch the game until the 8th inning. Sad
And I never really got caught up on what happened.

But I LOVE Dontrelle Willis. I hope he gets the opportunity to pitch in the World Series at some point in his career. I think he has the talent to be the best pitcher in baseball one day.
He looks so innocent, like an overgrown kindergartner. But he has some wicked stuff! Laughing

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
BIGORANGECRUSH
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »

I know for a fact they are not related!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.