March 29, 2024, 04:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dana Pretzer/Dave Holloway 1/21/2007 transcript  (Read 7212 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 22, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »

Dana Pretzer & Dave Holloway from yesterday.  Transcribed by Heli at RU:

Dana Pretzer Jan 21, 2007--Dave Holloway TRANSCRIPT

Dana Pretzer Show
Scared Monkeys Radio Network
January 21, 2007

Transcribed from Podcast on January 22, 2007

Dana:

It's been much too long since Natalee Holloway disappeared but the family is still battling everyday to get answers. I hate to use the word closure; closure as I've said many times before on this program is not an option here because this will never be closed but Natalee does deserve to be returned home and the family deserves answers in this case.

We haven't had an update from a family member in a while so I thought I'd bring Dave Holloway on the program tonight to talk about the case and give us any updates that he can. Dave, welcome back to the program

Dave:

Thank you Dana

Dana:

What's been in the media lately, some things that we can't discuss, but some things that we can in particular the fact that Karin Janssen has left the case so to speak and is no longer the prosecuting attorney. Jossy Mansur said that on my program a few weeks ago, it's been reported in the media since then. I'm curious on your thoughts Dave about Karin and the type of job that she's done and have you been given any information about who the new prosecutor will be or have you had any contact with he or she?

Dave:

Well, John spoke with her about a week ago and from what we understand, her contract expired after three years of serving as a prosecutor and she tried to renew that contract to see this case through and the Attorney General refused.

Dana:

Is it because of the Natalee case? Is it because there's been so much media attention? I'm asking you to speculate a little bit here, but it seems funny that someone has gone so long with something and now, all of a sudden they no longer have it. Or is this a case where they actually want a fresh start so to speak?

Dave:

You know, you asked me to speculate Dana and I'm going to do that. I think it's the fact that, you know, this is a results oriented business and she has not had any results in solving the case so if you ask me, I'd say that's why her contract was not renewed. Maybe they'll get someone in who'll have a fresh new look at it plus in the beginning there was some dissention between some of the workers in the prosecutor's office, that may have played a part in it, I'm not sure. I know that there was some in-fighting there in the beginning and you know, as you recall 3 or 4 months into the case we had asked the Attorney Generalto "let's just start all over" and get the Dutch involved and get a new prosecutor, that's what's been happening throughout the case.

We've seen a Police Chief, all the ranks within the police department have fallen to the wayside and now the prosecutor has as well.

Dana:

One has to wonder when the focus was turned to the security guards and away from the boys initially how much involvement the prosecuting attorney had with that, because that certainly was a downturn as far as the investigation goes.

Dave:

Well Dana, you've been involved in the police arena for some time and it takes a team of people and that's the prosecutor and the police department to see things through and in defense of Karin, she had to put a case together based on what the police department gathered. There's still one individual that bears all the responsibility for the way the case has been going on and that's the lead investigator and he's still on it, so you know, you always turn back to the witness statements from the 31st of Deepak and Satish; On May 31st they gave a statement following Joran's statement and in that statement near the very end they ask the question "Did you drop Joran and Natalee off at the fisherman's hut?" And the answer was "no" and then they proceeded on with implicating these security guards.

And then the following day Beth indicates that Joran's statement was ripped up and by the way Joran's father assisted Joran with his statement from what I understand, sat in on the interview

Dana:

Geeeeez

Dave:

I arrived on Wednesday, June 1 and this same detective, despite what was said in these statements, pretty much had cleared these kids and sent us off "she ran away, go down to the bar, have a beer". All the way up until Dana, I guess 5 or 6 months into the case, he still would not accept that this

Dana:

Are you still there Dave?

Dave:

Yeah, I'm still here

Dana:

I know one of the things we haven't heard about here, I know I've discussed this with you on past shows is the cold case investigation. Is there actually, or was there ever a cold case investigation done or was that just a lot of rhetoric from Aruba?

Dave:

Well, what I think the Dutch are doing, I understand approximately 10 detectives are involved in this case. I wouldn't think it would be full time, you've been a police officer at one time, you handle a bunch of different cases. They indicated that 10 detectives were involved in it and I would think that that would be the size of the office.

It all goes back to the police investigation; your case is only as good as how the police investigated it and that has not been a very good job.

Dana:

Just before I had you on I had Clint van Zandt on this evening and we were talking about investigation and again, the first 48 hours is so important and the first 48 hours of this case was just a nightmare for sure.

I have a few questions from the listeners if I could share those with you.

This comes from a listener who's quoting something from the Birmingham News:

US Representative Bachus said Saturday there were circumstances surrounding the Holloway disappearance that warranted the FBI to be heavily involved. He said the circumstances were very disturbing and formally requested the FBI's involvement. I can't get into it, it's something the family is aware of. There's a recognition that this wasn't simply a teen who wandered off.

Is this something that you can discuss Dave? What was the Representative talking about in terms of the circumstances being disturbing?

Dave:

I think this was a statement made early on, the news media was watching, there was a lot of "did she run off" "was this a homicide" or whatever and the FBI concluded on June 9 or 10 when the brought those boys in that this was a homicide case. I think that's what he was referring to, it was simply not a "we missed our flight" or "I ran away" or whatever, so I think that's what he was meaning by that. In political terms, what he was saying is that this was a serious case.

Dana:

Absolutely, that's what it is. If you're just tuning in, Dave Holloway is with me on the Dana Pretzer Show to talk about developments in the disappearance of his daughter, Natalee.

In the last few weeks I've done programs on people who have gone missing in Mexico and who have been murdered in Mexico and made comparisons to Aruba where you have two governments, one the Aruban government, one the Mexican government, where they're doing whatever they can to put aside any negativity towards their tourist economy to try and make people not afraid to come there.

Mexico is just as dangerous as you can get and I think Aruba falls into that same category Your thoughts on the government's response; are they more interested in protecting the tourist dollar or are they honestly wanting to get answers?

Dave:

You know there was a lot of cross currents during that time Dana; there were parts of the government that were obviously very, very concerned about how this would affect their tourism, in fact rumour got back to me that the worse thing that could happen to Aruba is finding a missing person on Aruba or for instance if they found Natalee's body on Aruba. That would be detrimental to their tourism and a lot of rumours that she ran away (inaudible) move it on to something else, this could not possibly happen to this country, that was the last thing that they wanted that this would be labelled as a homicide.

Dana:

One of the questions that's come forward is that there's been some new searches in caves, are you aware of that Dave?

Dave:

There's always been some sort of searches. People will call us and give tips or say something you know and rather than blow it off, they'll look into it but obviously the searches have not been as they were a year ago. If any searches are going on, it's isolated and you know, that's all I can about that.

Dana:

Have the cold case detectives or anyone in Aruba given you a timeline as far as a report or have you been receiving semi regular updates?

Dave:

Dana, I'll just be honest with you, I just met with an individual who had contact with the team, but as far as direct contact with this team, we don't even know who they are. We have not had any direct updates from this cold case detective team.

Dana:

Have the government and the media, I know we've gone over this before but it's a question that keeps popping up, but because Natalee was in Aruba it's difficult, I don't totally buy that. Has the US government helped enough? Could they help more and could the media do more for you Dave?

Dave:

As far as the government goes all they can do is assist in the investigation if they're asked. If Aruba needs any information that's in the United States, they can assist but as far as taking direction action or control or anything like that, you're looking at a situation where you have a sovereign country, in fact you have to notify the government before you come onto the island and obviously not in a legal capacity at that, so really nothing.

Dana:

John Q Kelly as you've mentioned has gone to Aruba and spoken with the aruban authorities most recently. Will he be making any other trips sound or will there be any other information coming out in the next little while?

Dave:

I certainly will not be making any trips; John will be making any trips to Aruba, he'll be making those. He'll be making those trips if any are needed.

Dana:

I can tell you this Dave, that myself, my audience and everyone that's been involved in this case, we sit down every day and hope that you'll get the answers that you deserve and that Natalee will be brought home. Thanks for talking on the program tonight, appreciate it.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.