March 19, 2024, 05:08:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938605 times)
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« on: June 29, 2006, 12:22:13 PM »

We've all been here before.  So please just take a few minutes and tell everyone your prayer request and I feel certain that there will be someone here praying right along with you.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 01:22:31 AM »

Dear Lala's,

I would like a prayer for JA.

JA Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Flooding in NY  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wanted everyone to know about the flooding we had in central New York. Most of it came as flash floods with major damage to the area. I live in Delaware County which is right between Albany and Binghamton. Binghamton area got it worse than we did.

I just got my electric back and the computer is on the 2nd floor so my dh said it would be okay to use. We need an elctrician to assess the damage done to everyhting else. I can't wait to get water and phone. WE went from dry to a housde surrounded with 3 feet of water in 10-15 minues. I truly understand what a flash flood is now. Within another 20 minutes we had 2 feet in out living area. The water in the house has receded, but it is full of mud and has an awful stench. We had no time to put stuff up, so who know what is salvagable yet.

Roads are washed out, bridges gone, and an apartment collapsed. I think this site has some pictures if you want to see some of the damage.

www.dailystar.com

So, please be thinking of any Monkeys in this area. I haven't posted much lately, due to the lack of news, but was pretty active earlier on and in the chat room when it was up.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 09:10:35 AM »

Please pray for my friend, Steve.  He is going thru radiation right now at Emory for a rare form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.. for the second time.  He is young, creative, talented and I have known him for years (barbershopper).  I saw him last nite.  He looks good (he's bent because he said I look better bald than he does ) and is gearing up for a stem cell transplant probably the end of July.  He'll be in the hospital for 5-6 weeks.  

None and her hubby.

All the monkeys in need .... and aren't we all?

Natalee and her family.

SSD's student, Cullen, and little Sydney.. being treated for rhabdomyosarcoma (a particularly nasty form of children's cancer).

Christal Reynolds.  http://www.christalinfo.com/

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 01:28:24 PM »

Along with all other requests, keep our family in your prayers.  Dad, 89, just was discharged from the hospital on Wednesday, after a fall at home sometime Saturday 6/24.  He broke no bones, and had just a few bruises, but doesn't remember it.  We need guidance and strength to get through what's to come, for his memory will inevitably get worse.  He's strong willed and very independent.  Has been told he can't drive and has tried to start his car the past two days.  I have the ignition keys, and my dh and bil made it 'not work', but it's going to be a battle until we can get it out of the yard.  I am on vacation, and we've been rotating time with him.  But will get more difficult as time goes by.   When the roles are reversed, you don't know what to do....it's painful, and I've had one of those acid kickback stomaches for a few days, now.

Thank you, and know you all are in my thoughts & prayers.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »

Peaches:  I will pray for your friend Steve.

2NJSons_Mom:  I am praying for your Dad and you and your family. You have to get his car out of the yard ASAP. If he can't see it, he will forget about it, just like he forgot that he fell down. When parents get dementia, it's very difficult to deal with. They have been strong and protected you and now the roles are reversed and you are strong and have to protect them. You are in what is called the "Sandwich Generation." You are in the middle, caring for children and caring for parents who have become children. There is a good book called "The 36 Hour Day," a family guide to caring for persons with Alzheimer's, related dementing illness and memory loss in later life, by Nancy L. Mace and Peter V. Rabins. The book helped me a whole lot with my mother.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:39:55 PM »

Please pray for my friend, Greg Don Jones, age 58. He was strong and vibrant and then he came down with a strange condition and he has been in and out of the UCLA Westwood hospital for the past four months. The doctors have no clue how to treat it. They have tried many meds but nothing has helped. His condition continues to escalate. The next step is that they are going to branch out into oncology meds. The only thing the doctors know is according to the medical journals, this condition has only been seen in 2% of the WORLD's population!

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 12:19:30 AM »

Louise, yes, I agree about getting the car out of Dad's yard, and said so the first day.  I no longer drive, due to an inherited eye problem, therefore, I cannot do it all, like I used to.  Dad does not know about my eyes, because I chose not to tell him...Mom had the disease, and he worried enough about her.  I can only do what I do and rely on those who can to help.  It's still gut wrenching.

Thank you, and I will have your friend with the rare illness in my prayers.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 02:34:23 PM »

Prayers for all monkeys, those who request it and those who do not because we all have our needs, some more foreboding but we all have unanswered prayers or unrequested prayers since we did not ask for them, and I try to pray for all who come our way.  Hugs, monkeys.  I thought about you in my prayers today.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 04:32:21 PM »

Hey ya'll.

I've been mostly lurking, but need some prayers for my step-dad. He critically ill in ICU isolation. Admitted last Wednesday afternoon because had chills, low fever and couldn't get his breath. Fiday was moved to ICU. Saturday was moved to ICU isolation. Sunday was put on ventilator. Although had oxygen mask on Saturday night, he was perky and joking with us. During the night he went into crisis. He is currently stable, but in critical condition. Because of long holiday weekend, we are still waiting for many of the test results.

I don't want him to go like this. He is, of course, sedated and not conscious with the ventilator. Also, lots of blood coming from many places, but they don't think it's cancer. He has COPD, also.

Thanks for remembering us. I probably won't be on for a while.
Sleuth
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 10:07:08 PM »

LV - I will pray for JA and for your friend Greg.

Peaches - saying prayers for your friend Steve.

2NJ - prayers your way for your father and your family.

Memphis - hang in there - prayers for your step-dad but also for you in getting through this difficult time.

And, like Tylergal, I will say a prayer for all monkeys that may not have voiced their needs.  Hugs to all of you.

Check every detail-check it twice. At least check it once. FIND NATALEE
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:33:05 AM »

Thank you Sleuth. I really appreciate it. We are not much better ~ still in ICU and still on vent, but he now has trac. Also, been on dialysis 3x because they blew out his kidneys with the mega doses of steroids, etc.

I think the underlying disease is pulmonary fibrosis, which is serious in and of itself; however, I think what caused the major crisis was the pulmonary lavage they did on Friday. Of course, no one will ever admit that or even mention the possibility. I know I sound bitter towards the medical world, but I think it's because I know too much.  Confused Anyway, we are unable to get any response from him. That is the really sad part. I keep thinking it's because his body just cannot handle all of the Dilaudid they keep giving him. Nurses???

Hey, I've also honed my internet searching abilities since hanging with ya'll.  Wink  I've found out all kinds of information about the lung doctor. Just had to be sure he was a good one. He is, although somewhat arrogant.

Anyway, thanks so much for the prayers. Would you please say another? Thanks!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 12:58:25 AM »

Yes, Memphis,

I will say another prayer for you today, tomorow and the next day.

memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 01:07:08 AM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Yes, Memphis,

I will say another prayer for you today, tomorow and the next day.

Thanks very much Louise.

BTW, your new little girl is quite a beauty!  Wink
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

I hope this link works:

http://i.euniverse.com/funpages/cms_content/2529/4candles.swf

I don't post this kind of thing often so you knnow it has to be a good one, LOL!!   Wink

Please remember me in prayer for my health as it continues to be pretty lousy.  This heat and UV rays are just making me so ill with the lupus and now have a strange rash which is classic for that sun exposure but can't figure out how to care properly for my dogs and stay out of it.  Finances could be better, too.  My children's father has been a total disappointment in that regard and is involved with another woman now despite that we are Catholic I do expect they will be married soon which is fine but seems to make his checks to me later and later.  I am not well enough to work at at real job so it is a problem.

Thanks!

Anna

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 10:40:43 AM »

Peaches,
My brother in law was successfully treated at Vanderbilt for non-Hodgkins and is in complete remission.   Wink Took something experimental I believe.  At one time I did not think he was going to make it but you should have seen him dancing at my son's wedding now that he is in full remission.  In fact he looks better than before he was diagnosed with cancer.

My niece on the other hand is not doing well with her treatment for recurrence of melanoma so please remember her as she is in the process of being abandoned by her husband and has a twelve year old daughter.  She does not weigh a hundred pounds and is 5'6" so it is not looking good for her.

My mother is 89 and going to have to have the battery replaced in her pacemaker.  Last time they punctured her lung so please remember her.  

Also my son that only eats raw vegan is very thin right now and so much so I am again worried about him not getting enough potassium in this heat.  I am afraid one of these mornings he won't wake up.  He is anorexic mostly since his parents separated.  But he is in total denial about it and says the rest of the world is fat, lol!  Kids!  Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em!!   Laughing He is by far and away the brightest of mine with IQ just off the chart.  He AP'ed Calculus II without ever having had a course as it is not offered at his high school so go figure.  Too bad he isn't smart enough to eat once in a while and something besides lettuce/spinach and diet Sprite Zero.

Thanks again.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 10:48:59 AM »

Anna, I am going to be praying for you and your family.  It sounds like a tough time for you.  I pray for strength and healing for you.

Memphis, I will also pray for your step father and your family.  I will also pray for the Drs and nurses to do the right things for his healing.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 11:22:34 AM »

I regret I haven't checked this thread in weeks, each day lately just seems too demanding to accomplish all I need to do. I still set aside structured prayer time daily and nightly <a new good habit thanks to SM>, and always always pray for ALL of the monkeys.

Louise I will pray for JA and also your friend Steve. 2NJ I will pray for wisdom first for your father <that he will sense he must adapt to his new limitations> and for his protection from further spills, and for support for you and your siblings as  you traverse this large change.

Peaches, Steve is definitely in our prayers. He has the same disease a dear friend of mine did, who we lost back in the early 90's at age 38. Stem cell transplants were so new then, his came too late in his process to impact so glad to hear Steve's will arrive sooner. Also ponder we have Duke near to us, so if he would like to get a second opinion, we open our home to him and his family if we can help.

Memphis, I am so sorry to hear about your stepfather. I will pray that the doctors find clarity in his diagnosis and advance the best treatments for him, and pray for support and encouragement for you and your family. Many hugs to you.

Anna, you are always in my prayers for your challenges with lupus. As for your neice, just know 'active' tumors make patients lose copious amounts of weight with melanoma. It is a vicious cycle but if she has no brain mets then she could possibly qualify for the cutting edge program at Duke. So know she's welcome in our home if you think she would like to pursue seeing Dr Gollob. I will also pray your mother's procedure goes without event, and the pacemaker improves her health.

I've learned so much via this journey with Mr None's melanoma treatments, each week seems to present new challenges and so many of you monkeys have offered insight, advice, support and prayers. I can never thank all of you equal to those efforts, you have helped to sustain us more than perhaps you know. I was told within the first week that he could live for one week or possibly one year, I can only write that now, I didn't and couldn't at that time - it was just too painful.

We should know shortly after the 20th if what his oncologist suspects is true, that being they may have stopped the progression of the disease with the 50 radiation treatments and six weeks of chemo. So we pray and keep the faith her instincts are correct. Now comes the challenge of beating back the tumors so that he may qualify for Dr Gollob's program. A young woman we met the day we were at Duke with similar stage IV melanoma but no brain mets, is now NED - no evidence of disease. She and Peaches are our beacons now, we're reaching for what they have achieved and keeping the faith that we can. Thank you to Peaches for countless hours of sharing and caring with me  Very Happy

We began this treatment track knowing several things, one that only 20% of all stage IV melanoma patients even respond to this treatment track; that there is no existing cure but only to buy time until one may emerge which is on the horizon for 2007; and that the full brain radiation would be costly and that many cannot endure the toxicity of such a rigorous treatment path.

Forgive the length of this for I wanted all of you to know, that against all of those odds, he is still standing. Much thinner having lost over 50 pounds in five weeks, also suffering memory loss and extreme fatigue and total loss of appetite, but he is still standing.

ALL of your prayers have contributed, that is my largest message, that the power of prayer does exist within our lives. I thank each of you for that first miracle, for assisting us in calling out to God for his help and support, and for also affirming to us how great humanity and faith can be in our darkest moments.

As always, pray for Natalee and her family.

I continue to stand with the girl.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 11:42:19 AM »

Keeping you all in my prayers each and every day.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 12:51:49 PM »

Monkeys,

I am not trying to win or lose any friends over what I am about to post, and am passing judgment on anybody, but I feel I should let you know how I've been feeling because perhaps some of you have been feeling the same way. I apologize in advance for the long post.

I have been very distressed over the unrest among us in the past few weeks. Some have left, some have hurt feelings, and there are rumors of backstabbing and talking about others. This hurts me...

I hope that some of these relationships can be mended for the good of us all. Harboring ill will or distrust only hurts the one harboring those feelings and I hope that if any of you are harboring any negative feelings toward your fellow monkeys, that you can take a moment out and try to pray about that.

I have never been so personally invested in an online group like this before. So many different personalities are bound to clash once in awhile; that's what makes us all unique. There should be no in-crowd or favored group, and there should be no outcasts among us. We should accept each other as the people who have been working together to find out what happened to Natalee Holloway and respect each other's individual choices and preferences without feeling threatened or offended.

I remember we recently had 2 very moving prayer chains where the love and hope and thinking of others and their needs and trials they are facing were lifted up to God's will. I hope that in all of this, we can truly remember what matters in this life, a life that we only have one chance at.

I love you all and pray for you often!

Bring Natalee home...
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 11:54:59 PM »

Hello my monkey friends:

Please include my aunt Fanny on the prayer list, she is at the end of her battle with cancer at a hopice center.  Pray she goes soon and ends her suffering in peace and with dignity. Ill keep in touch when I can.  Thanks sandy leiva.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.