March 18, 2024, 11:34:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938359 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2006, 04:46:18 PM »

Mishy-

Your dear friend is in my prayers, for a speedy recovery and no less than a cure.

CBB-

I am so sorry, divorce is so hideous. I will pray for Claire to return to your sister's care safely. Hopefully the authorities can move to protect both girls, I will pray for that as well. Sometimes it takes authorities to reason with malicious situations, I know in my own divorce I prayed for intervention when moving two states away still did not stop the abuse.

It is a crime, those poor girls.

I continue to stand with the girl.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

I am praying for all my new SM friends, and I wanted to say that my heart goes out to each and every one of you. May God Bless You.

I am especially moved by the plight of the 2 children caught up in the custody battle. I went through that with my children 10 years ago, and my ex is still trying to control and abuse me. It is very damaging to the kids. Thankfully, mine have been able to rise above the situation so far, but it is not easy for anyone when one parent refuses to cooperate. And it is an all too common occurence, unfortunately. The situation with these girls makes me cry for their pain and fear.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »

I am checking for updates on prayer requests...

I have you all in my prayers each and every day and I will lift these situations up in even more prayer.

Phd3, I know before you mentioned becoming a paralegal... you can email me if you want.  I switched careers and became a paralegal three years ago. I will be happy to talk to you about it...

CBB, divorce is so hard on kids... I will pray so very hard for your two nieces.

Memphis.. HUGS... I am so sorry.

Mishy - your friend is in my prayers.

Miss Underestimated, yes those families are in my prayers as well...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #123 on: October 04, 2006, 09:13:58 PM »

Frijole, Mishy, mrs red, pdh3 and nonesuche, thank you so very much for your kind words. Thank you, especially Louise for "running" things. I absolutely adore your kind and gentle spirit.

This is the most horrible thing I have experienced in life . I did not realize what this decision meant. Basically, they are on a fast track to hasten his death. They are withholding all of his important medicines, including insulin and antibiotics, plus hydration and nutrition. Friday is the sceduled cut-off day for the vent.

I am vehemently opposed and am praying and begging for them not to withhold care. I am horrified, appalled and heartsick. This is passive Euthanasia and it is in direct conflict with everything I believe. Every life is valuable, even if there is suffering.

Please continue to pray for us. I am praying that my mom and the siblings will reverse this decision and give him care and comfort in his last days.

Thank you, again.
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2006, 09:24:51 PM »

This from the Christian Medical Association ethics statement:

The role of the physician is to affirm human life, relieve suffering, and give compassionate, competent care as long as the patient lives. The physician as well as the patient will be held accountable by God, the giver and taker of life.

and...

We oppose active intervention with the intent to produce death for the relief of suffering, economic considerations or convenience of patient, family, or society.

Please pray that our family will decide to resume care and comfort for this most valuable life.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #125 on: October 04, 2006, 10:22:39 PM »

Memphis-

My heart breaks for you, I am so sorry. Rick's death made some profound changes in myself, some I still can't describe, but each week of his illness was filled with yearning for one more week and one more smile and one more kiss. The day we were told there was nothing more that could be done, I felt utter despair, well that despair is part of what you are feeling even now.  As Peaches can tell you, I wanted to pursue alternative treatments then but Rick chose not to, so to then stand by and allow this to happen to him was an overwhelming sense of panic mixed with despair.

Whatever the decision I can tell that if you can proceed with the philosophy that God ultimately makes all decisions, there is great peace to be found within knowing you can express your love to your stepfather each step of the way. In every moment you have with him, make sure he feels only love in your touch, your look, and your voice.

That you do have control of, the love that you share and how you honor and express that love. I will keep each of you in my prayers.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2006, 12:56:30 AM »

Thank you all so much for the prayers and concern. Still no word from Claire, but my sister took Anna to a friend's house tonight and talked for quite a while with her. She suspects that the friend knows something about where Claire is. Nothing firm, but the friend was pretty calm about the whole thing, and my experience with girls that age is that they are normally natural drama queens. Maybe I'm just stretching for something encouraging. The longer this goes, the more I fear that what I had hoped, isn't correct. I thought it was possible that some well-intentioned, but mis-guided parent might have chosen to look the other way and was allowing Claire to stay at their house. It's gotten too big for that. It's been on the news, and police are questioning everybody. Claire's cell phone, at first would ring before going to the message box, but now is either turned off off or battery has run out. I'm heading down tomorrow, for no reason other than to lend moral support and do whatever I can.
Thank you all so much!
memphis
Monkey Junky

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2006, 10:54:12 AM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Memphis-

My heart breaks for you, I am so sorry. Rick's death made some profound changes in myself, some I still can't describe, but each week of his illness was filled with yearning for one more week and one more smile and one more kiss. The day we were told there was nothing more that could be done, I felt utter despair, well that despair is part of what you are feeling even now.  As Peaches can tell you, I wanted to pursue alternative treatments then but Rick chose not to, so to then stand by and allow this to happen to him was an overwhelming sense of panic mixed with despair.

Whatever the decision I can tell that if you can proceed with the philosophy that God ultimately makes all decisions, there is great peace to be found within knowing you can express your love to yodidur stepfather each step of the way. In every moment you have with him, make sure he feels only love in your touch, your look, and your voice.

That you do have control of, the love that you share and how you honor and express that love. I will keep each of you in my prayers.

Nonesuche, I know your emotions are still raw and to expose yourself to this must be so hard. I was caught off guard in this dilemma and I have only just found the words to clarify my thoughts. There is nothing morally wrong with someone choosing not to continue heroic attempts to maintain life. I have no problems with the practise of withholding food and water when a person is in their final hours and thier organs are shutting down. I understand that this is helpful and makes them more comfortable. However, we do not have multiple organ failure. We have lung "failure", which has been the problem from day one. He has been on a vent pretty much from the beginning. His body is racked with mutliple infections acquired at the hospital. He is very, very weak, but no doctor has said that we have other organs that are failing. By withholding food and nutrition at this point, we are causing his death. That is my horror. If his organs were already shutting down, then withholding basic care would be kind. In Terri Shiavo's case, the horrible thing was that she was not dying. They caused her death by withholding the basics of life.

I am afraid that we have already caused irreperable damage. He is incoherent and almost comotous. We have robbed ourselves of those last precious days or weeks by choosing this. I am not afraid to let him go, but I do not want us to kill him. I hope this makes sense.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2006, 11:10:32 AM »

Memphis-

I do understand and I regret if you misinterpreted my post, you don't need additional concerns or worries at this time.

I guess my point was that medicine has changed to some degree, I saw within Rick's care that some told us at the outset not to even pursue treatment as well? He did but it came at a cost, the treatment track he pursued was debilitating and likely hastened his death?

Doctors seem to not follow the absolutes of the hypocratic oath in this day and age, but rather calculate risk and reward scenarios? Each situation is different, each case is different, as is your father's situation from our experiences.

What I can tell you is that we have so little control, in the judgments made at times. So my ultimate point was to encourage you to focus as positively as you can on what you can control in this.

I regret I posted anything now, so sorry to have upset you. I wish you only support at this time.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2006, 11:20:05 AM »

Memphis-

This one line sticks with me:

His body is racked with mutliple infections acquired at the hospital.

I don't encourage idle litigation but it would appear to me, if decisions are being made you disagree with, that you might consult an attorney. If the hospital has contributed to his decline, an attorney could put a court order in place to stop the decision to euthanize.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2006, 01:33:39 PM »

Mrs. Red......I'd love to email you, but how do I accomplish that? You can get my email as well, and email me if that would be easier. You know someone with access. Laughing

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2006, 10:37:37 PM »

I'm asking for a prayer. At this time in my life, I wish things were simpler. Life is too complex and overwhelming for me. I have a hard time doing simple things like regularly going to the car wash. I stress so much all month over the bills I have to pay at the end of the month that I can't enjoy the present. Credit card debt, car payments, $821 per month for health insurance. I wish I could find optimism and see the glass half full. I wish I could forgive and release my daughter but I can never trust her again and I can't forgive her. I have suffered catastrophic loss and I have no real time support system. I waste too much time doing nothing, trying to escape. I can't face housecleaning. I used to be so organized and on top of things but not anymore. I just don't care yet it hits me when I wake up in the morning and look around at my place in such a state of disrepair. I keep the outside looking good. I take care of my plants. When I go out in public, I look good and dress well. No one can see what's in my mind. I put on a good front, chat with strangers, but then have to come home and face myself. My kitten Guinevere helped a lot but she is going through a terrorist phase. I am lonely and isolated. I know I have a mission, I just don't know what it is.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2006, 04:02:25 PM »

Louise, I will pray that you find your way out of the distress you've described.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Mrsn2itiv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2006, 11:04:37 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I'm asking for a prayer. At this time in my life, I wish things were simpler. Life is too complex and overwhelming for me. I have a hard time doing simple things like regularly going to the car wash. I stress so much all month over the bills I have to pay at the end of the month that I can't enjoy the present. Credit card debt, car payments, $821 per month for health insurance. I wish I could find optimism and see the glass half full. I wish I could forgive and release my daughter but I can never trust her again and I can't forgive her. I have suffered catastrophic loss and I have no real time support system. I waste too much time doing nothing, trying to escape. I can't face housecleaning. I used to be so organized and on top of things but not anymore. I just don't care yet it hits me when I wake up in the morning and look around at my place in such a state of disrepair. I keep the outside looking good. I take care of my plants. When I go out in public, I look good and dress well. No one can see what's in my mind. I put on a good front, chat with strangers, but then have to come home and face myself. My kitten Guinevere helped a lot but she is going through a terrorist phase. I am lonely and isolated. I know I have a mission, I just don't know what it is.

LV, Hugs to you.  My prayers have been sent.  Just keep trying each day. I know it is hard... each new day... say I can do this (and just do a lil at a time--even one lil thing)... your kitty feels your pain--much like a child, it just acts "crazy" when mommy is out of sorts--it's just trying to make sense of it all too.  I know this sounds too simple but it does work.  Make yourself go outside and just sit in the sunshine and relax--I know that will take effort (to relax) but just do it for at least 20 minutes daily--the sunshine vitamin is a cure all for me. What you arent able to see in your glass, we here can all see in your heart and it is way above the half mark Wink ... we love you Louise!!

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.  RWE
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2006, 04:17:14 AM »

2NJSons_Mom and Mrsn2itiv,

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for supporting me and encouraging me. I keep a beach chair on my balcony and will spread it out and get 20 minutes of sunshine each day. I know the sun is important. I forgot for the moment.

What you say about my cat being upset because I'm upset is very true. Just like humans.

Thank you so much for all your good suggestions and for saying with such lovely words that I am loved.

What you arent able to see in your glass, we here can all see in your heart and it is way above the half mark  ... we love you Louise!!

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2006, 09:55:53 AM »

Dear Louise.....I don't often talk about SM to someone other than another monkey....but last night I told one of my cousins about you.  I had not seen your recent post.  I talked about our Hollywood monkey....someone who has great intelligence and insight....someone who teaches whenever she can....who shares her life with the rest of us.....who takes pictures of her kitty....who has problems with some members of her family.....and tells us about it....

Please know that I am saying special prayers for you.  Is there someone in your area who can help you sort out all of this...?  Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2006, 04:16:29 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I have suffered catastrophic loss and I have no real time support system. I waste too much time doing nothing, trying to escape. I can't face housecleaning. I used to be so organized and on top of things but not anymore. I just don't care yet it hits me when I wake up in the morning and look around at my place in such a state of disrepair. I keep the outside looking good. I take care of my plants. When I go out in public, I look good and dress well.

Louise, these words could have been written by me not so long ago (except not nearly so eloquently.)  Different problems, but same situation, really.  I will remember you in my prayers.  I agree sunshine is a good thing, along with positive thoughts, and tackling just one tiny housekeeping task so you can enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.  You have lots of friends here - don't forget that when you are feeling low!
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2006, 09:38:13 PM »

Dear Mere ... thank you for the high praise and for telling your cousin about me. Thank you for your prayers.

Dear Bobo ... thanks for your kind words. I'm sorry times have been hard for you, too. The prayers have been helping.

I want to thank everyone who has responded ... my best friends are right here. And I'm feeling a lot better knowing I'm not alone.

With love.

2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2006, 11:33:36 PM »

You are definitely not alone, Louise.  God Bless.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2006, 02:06:34 AM »

Please keep Shellbell in your prayers.  Her long time boyfriend was just killed in an accident this last Saturday.   Crying or Very sad

Shellbell wrote:

I know many of you may not remember me but I was wanting for yall to keep me in your prayers. My boyfriend of 6 years was killed in a car accident Sat morning. I know this is not the place, but his pic and stuff is on my website. www.myspace.com/michelesworld
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.