March 19, 2024, 03:37:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938546 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1580 on: February 08, 2008, 07:15:45 PM »

Just a reminder to pray for the victims of the deadly tornadoes this past week in Macon Co., TN.  My brother was spared (tornado hit less than a mile from his home), his sons home was damaged but the entire neighborhood was wiped out. Imagine having you home left and the rest of the subdivision is gone. My 85 year old cousin has not been seen by any of us.  My brother talked to the Emergency rescue 1st day and she was not listed on any list as missing, deceased or in hospital.  2nd day National Guard said they have been to her home and she will not let anyone in, said she appears o.k. but her home is damaged and all neighbors have been wiped out.  today my brother talked to FEMA and they say she refuses to come out, will not leave and will no unlock her door and allow them entry.  There is no electricity, no phone and she is on oxygen using a battery backup system.  They will not let my brother in to talk to her.  I know she is frightened and believes they will take her to nursing home  and will be forgotten.  I told my brother I think I would be the same way. He said he thinks the national guard thinks she has a shotgun and would shot them, he asked me if I thought she would and I said YOU BETTER BELIEVE SHE WOULD   Just pray for these people as they are very poor country people and have lost all they have worked their entire lives for. It is so said.  I am going down tomorrow and see if maybe they will let me in and see if she will talk to me.  Can't hurt. Thanks.

edit to correct said to sad. sorry

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1581 on: February 08, 2008, 07:16:51 PM »

PLease keep my son and his GF Chrissy in prayers. Chrissy lost the baby today.   
She fell hard on the ice.. and started to bleed. Her mom and my son took her to the dr.. and they did a sonogram. Nothing is there anymore.      Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..  Thanks.  Sad

Angie, I am so sorry for Chrissy,your son and you.  I know what it is like to lose a baby before carrying full term.  I have always thought about What if, What would they be like etc.  I will say prayers for all. 

Ty Sweety..  Sad   Its sad.
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1582 on: February 08, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

She fell hard on the ice.. and started to bleed. Her mom and my son took her to the dr.. and they did a sonogram. Nothing is there anymore.      Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..  Thanks.  Sad

Oh Angie.  I am so sorry.  I will keep your son and Chrissy in my prayers, and you as well.  Lean on God at this tough time.  He will sustain you. ((((HUGS))))

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1583 on: February 08, 2008, 08:39:40 PM »

Oh Angie.  I am so sorry.  I will keep your son and Chrissy in my prayers, and you as well.  Lean on God at this tough time.  He will sustain you. ((((HUGS))))

Ty Kimmy.. and when they are ready.. I will show them the knind posts ans prayers offered here to them both. Sad
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1584 on: February 09, 2008, 07:48:18 AM »

Angie, I am so sorry.  Prayers for you and yours.

Please keep my 88 year old Aunt Pauline in your prayers.  My dad called last nite to tell me she had a big stroke earlier this week.  He thought she was never coming out of it but he was there holding her hand and she knows he's there, knows who he is, etc.  My brother was there yesterday and she was asking for water.  The hospital went from talking hospice one day to moving her to a rehab hospital the next.  She'll hate a rehab center.  All those people "doing" for her will drive her nuts.  She's used to doing it all herself.  I feel bad that I cannot be there because I start chemo again on Tuesday.  This is my dad's only sister.  He's the youngest in the family.  His brother died a few years ago.  I spent a great deal of my young years at my aunt's and my grandma's.  My aunt and my dad have looked after each other a lotta years.  My uncle is retired railroad, quiet.  They've been married forever.  It's just sad. 

If Aunt Pauline is going to get better, great.  The rehab hospital is well known and wonderful.  If not, if her quality of life is not what she would want, I pray God takes her home.  I know God has her in the palm of His hand, right along with Chrissy and your son and all of us. 
Thanks.           

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1585 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:43 AM »

Angie- I sent you an email and I am just so terribly sorry the baby was lost. Each of you are in my prayers. God does have a plan, it's hard to trust in that at times for I struggle with that too, but God does have a plan.

Peaches - God bless Aunt Pauline. I wish her to heal and for her to have serenity and peace. She's in my prayers as are you sweet one, sending you my prayers for this next round to be bearable and to know you will endure it.

I continue to stand with the girl.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1586 on: February 09, 2008, 10:04:13 AM »

Angie, I am most sorry to hear about your loss... you know I am keeping you and your family in my prayers...

Peaches, I understand what you mean about your aunt and her quality of life...my mother suffered 13 plus strokes with each one taking a little more of the wonderful woman she was before God was merciful and brought her home...
I will keep your aunt in my prayers...

Nonesie, I am keeping you and the "little none's" in my prayers also...

You are all my sistahs and I am so grateful to God for putting you all into  my life..

Love ya's!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1587 on: February 14, 2008, 09:03:38 AM »

Keeping everyone and their concerns in my prayers.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1588 on: February 16, 2008, 03:54:25 PM »

l'm asking for some prayers.I have developed frozen shoulder over the past few months and the pain just seems unbearable at times.I'm in physical therapy and will be for three more weeks.After this is completed I go back to the Orthopedic surgeon to see what's next.We've gone from Bursitis to Tendonitis and now he says frozen shoulder.I'm so praying that surgery is not going to have to be the next step but I know that will be next if I don't start getting better results from therapy.It's hard to move a shoulder when it simply doesn't want too..Keeping all the needs here lifted up before the throne in my prayers.God Bless,Tot

Proverbs 3:5
  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;
         and lean not unto thine own understanding.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1589 on: February 16, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »

l'm asking for some prayers.I have developed frozen shoulder over the past few months and the pain just seems unbearable at times.I'm in physical therapy and will be for three more weeks.After this is completed I go back to the Orthopedic surgeon to see what's next.We've gone from Bursitis to Tendonitis and now he says frozen shoulder.I'm so praying that surgery is not going to have to be the next step but I know that will be next if I don't start getting better results from therapy.It's hard to move a shoulder when it simply doesn't want too..Keeping all the needs here lifted up before the throne in my prayers.God Bless,Tot

Tot I will say a prayer that you don't need surgery and therapy will help you.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1590 on: February 16, 2008, 04:28:34 PM »

Tot
You will find a praying bunch of monkeys here for you.  I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1591 on: February 16, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »

Thankyou so much for the prayers.I do try to find humor in the word "Frozen"..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwMj3PJDxuo

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1592 on: February 16, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »

Tot I will say a prayer that you don't need surgery and therapy will help you.

Tot ~  I had a frozen shoulder.  My ortho said they are common in women over the age of 45.  I think I originally injured my shoulder golfing.  And because it was sore, I didn't use it.  It got worse.  And worse.  Finally, it hurt with each footstep, it hurt to lie in bed.  I would find myself trying to rest in a recliner.  That's when I went to the ortho.  He prescribed an anti-inflammatory and physical therapy.  I wasn't able to do regular pt in a facility because I was travelling so much.  But I knew I had to do something, because he said if it didn't improve in 3 months, he wanted to do surgery, which would involve removal of some bone etc.  So, I went online, and worked out a set of exercises to do on my own, and kept taking the meds.  And it hurt.  No doubt about it.  I would first get in a very hot shower, let the hot water run over my shoulder and warm it up.  Then I would do things like finger walk up the side of the shower with that shoulder etc.  Yes, it hurt.  I cried it hurt.  But the thought of surgery lit a fire under me.  The doctor said I wasn't injuring the shoulder further, even though it hurt to exercise.  And I kept it up, and when I went back for my check up, he was amazed at my range of motion.  I am fine now.  This isn't to say you don't/won't need surgery, since everyone's case is different.   I was very fortunate in my case that it wasn't needed.  Your situation may be altogether different.   I hope you are able to find treatment that will give you some relief, because I know firsthand how painful this condition is. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1593 on: February 16, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »

Tot ~  I had a frozen shoulder.  My ortho said they are common in women over the age of 45.  I think I originally injured my shoulder golfing.  And because it was sore, I didn't use it.  It got worse.  And worse.  Finally, it hurt with each footstep, it hurt to lie in bed.  I would find myself trying to rest in a recliner.  That's when I went to the ortho.  He prescribed an anti-inflammatory and physical therapy.  I wasn't able to do regular pt in a facility because I was travelling so much.  But I knew I had to do something, because he said if it didn't improve in 3 months, he wanted to do surgery, which would involve removal of some bone etc.  So, I went online, and worked out a set of exercises to do on my own, and kept taking the meds.  And it hurt.  No doubt about it.  I would first get in a very hot shower, let the hot water run over my shoulder and warm it up.  Then I would do things like finger walk up the side of the shower with that shoulder etc.   Yes, it hurt.  I cried it hurt.  But the thought of surgery lit a fire under me.  The doctor said I wasn't injuring the shoulder further, even though it hurt to exercise.  And I kept it up, and when I went back for my check up, he was amazed at my range of motion.  I am fine now.  This isn't to say you don't/won't need surgery, since everyone's case is different.   I was very fortunate in my case that it wasn't needed.  Your situation may be altogether different.   I hope you are able to find treatment that will give you some relief, because I know firsthand how painful this condition is. 

Muffy, when I had my surgery and lost the use of my right arm this is one of the exercises the therapist recommended for me.  I would do it on the wall in my room or on the door and just get my fingers to walk up the wall.  I was so happy when I got my arm to go up the wall.  Grant it my fingers were numb but as long as I got my arm to move I was happy.

Another exercise he made me do was this pully thing.  It was attached to the top of the door and I would put my hands in the rings and pull one arm up and then the next.  Eventually it got easier the more I did it.

Here is a link to one of the other machines I purchased that helped me.  I put my hands on the pedals and would do it just like a bike.

http://www.amazon.com/Chattanooga-Magnacizer/dp/B000EQQR3E

Just wanted to show you what the exercise pulley thing looked like.  Just remember there are all different types that you can search on the internet for.  Some are more expensive that others.

http://www.wisdomking.com/product.asp?n=p250801
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1594 on: February 16, 2008, 10:04:54 PM »

San ~  That arm and shoulder exerciser  that attaches to the door looks simple to use and wouldn't take up much room.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1595 on: February 17, 2008, 07:12:16 AM »

I don't know if I have a full blown case of frozen shoulders or not.  My shoulders have both been killing me since I had that RFA done.  The position on the operating table was that I had my arms over my head for two freaking hours.  For the first couple weeks, it was terrible.  I needed pain meds for THAT pain.  The RFA itself was no biggie compared to the freaking shoulder pain. 

I go back to the liver doc at the end of the month after I have another CT so I'm going to rag about my shoulders then.  Would have been nice if they had warned me so I didn't wake up two days later thinking I had been on a rack. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Tater
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1596 on: February 17, 2008, 09:28:07 AM »

Thankyou for all the advice..I have all these exercises,walking the wall with my fingers,elastic bands,the pully on the door,etc...I got all these five years ago when I tore my rotater cuff in the other shoulder.Wow! I thought that was bad but this frozen shoulder is so much worse. It continued for a a couple of months before I finally had had enough and went to the doctor.Sleep eluded me until I was in full sleep deprivation which was horrible in itself.I was awake all night struggling to find some comfort but there wasn't any.When I went to the doctor I figured it was going to show a torn rotater again but the MRI showed no tear.How unreal as this sounds,I wish it had of been because this is the worse.I'm not one to take drugs very much but I had to finally get sleeping pills just to manage my days again.I became confused,depressed,and couldn't remember things.He gave me anti-inflammatory pills which then upset my stomach to the point I was living on rolaids and the like.He injected cortizone but to no avail and then decided on the physical therapy.It just seems like I am getting nowhere no matter how hard I push and push to the point of tears.I've even moved out of my own bedroom just so my husband can get some sleep.I was keeping us both up all night..Sad  I know the Master and know He is quite capable of healing me so I continue in the battle.All of this was brought on last summer when I was being towed behind a fast boat riding a tube.I got popped out like a cork in a wine bottle and did not let go quick enough causing a stretch in my shoulder and arm muscles.This is when it all began.Even before surfacing and still underwater,I knew I was injured..Sad I'm no spring chicken,going on 52 so I should have known better.Never again I tell ya!!! Even though I fear surgery,I know I cannot continue on this regiment much longer.I have looked up tendon impingement and I'm leaning to thinking this is what I'm dealing with which would require surgery.It's so blasted wicked I tell you to be in this kind of pain.Geesh Peaches,I pray so hard for your total healing.I'm so sorry you are going through so much..God Bless,Tot

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1597 on: February 17, 2008, 10:28:28 PM »

Tot I'm praying that the ph works for you to take care of the pain, and that you won't need surgery.

Peaches praying for good results with your CT, and that your shoulders quit hurting.
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1598 on: February 18, 2008, 09:49:18 AM »

Prayers going out to all in need...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1599 on: February 18, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »

Prayers for all my monkey family - especially Tot with her shoulder, and dear sweet Peaches...Prayers for Angie and all the other needs listed here.  I also am saying a special prayer for those unspoken requests...God knows and God is Good.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.