March 19, 2024, 02:34:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938512 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1800 on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:05 PM »

Oh my dear Yaps,

I join the others in saying "I am so very sorry".  I just learned that things had taken a turn for the worse... I have no words but I offer you continued prayers, bear hugs and much love.

Frijole

I am so sorry for your loss.  Continuing prayers...........

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1801 on: May 23, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

Yap it all seems so unfair. Savanna was so loved and wanted. Our hearts and prayers are with you.

I continue to stand with the girl.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1802 on: May 24, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »

My ailment seems very trivial in light of what Yap's family is going through, but I wanted to let folks know what is wrong with me, since I asked for prayer the other day.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and it turns out that I have an outbreak of shingles. I had always thought that having shingles meant a rash breakout somewhere. Until I experienced it myself, I had no idea that developing shingles can also mean feeling like you have the flu. I have been having muscle aches, migraine, fever, cold chills, and extreme nausea.

The doctor gave me an anti-viral medication, Phenergan for nausea, and hydrocodone for pain. The medication for nausea seems to be helping, but the hydrocodone isn't affecting the pain at all so far. 

I wanted to let everyone know that if you experience these symptoms, and you ever had chickenpox, not to wait to go to the doctor. It seems that the sooner you see the doctor and start taking the anti-viral medication, the better the chances are that it will work. Otherwise, according to the doctor, the pain can last for months. 

I Stand With The Girl
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1803 on: May 24, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »

BT ... shingles may not be life threatening but my friend suffered  terribly with them.  The blisters were in the mid area of her body and ... when all around ... from back to front.  This quiet gentle person literally scream out at night with the related pain.  Her poor husband was beside himself with worry.

The singles occurred following a tragedy in the family ... 14 year grandson died from injuries in a vehicle accident.  Her son/his father was the driver.  This young man has never had a driving infraction in his 37 years of life but ... in a moment of distraction fail to stop at a stop sign.

I believe the doctor told my friend that the worry, grief, loss of weight and lack of sleep most likely brought it on.  Anyways ... she had been free of shingles for six months but ... apparently a reoccurance could take place anytime with no apparent reason.

BT ... my prayers are with you as you battle this conditions.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ocgirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1804 on: May 24, 2008, 09:32:29 PM »

My ailment seems very trivial in light of what Yap's family is going through, but I wanted to let folks know what is wrong with me, since I asked for prayer the other day.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and it turns out that I have an outbreak of shingles. I had always thought that having shingles meant a rash breakout somewhere. Until I experienced it myself, I had no idea that developing shingles can also mean feeling like you have the flu. I have been having muscle aches, migraine, fever, cold chills, and extreme nausea.

The doctor gave me an anti-viral medication, Phenergan for nausea, and hydrocodone for pain. The medication for nausea seems to be helping, but the hydrocodone isn't affecting the pain at all so far. 

I wanted to let everyone know that if you experience these symptoms, and you ever had chickenpox, not to wait to go to the doctor. It seems that the sooner you see the doctor and start taking the anti-viral medication, the better the chances are that it will work. Otherwise, according to the doctor, the pain can last for months. 

I'm crying here for the new angel Savannah (sp?) and her dear grieving family...and I finally come across a post that I might be able to offer some miniscule ray of hope...

BT...I had an unusual case of shingles (sounds like yours is also)...NEVER, NEVER have I felt such unrelenting, unceasing, brain-searing pain (even the pain of a 3rd degree burn on my entire hand was quenched with meds)...shingles can produce a pain that is completely unresponsive to pain meds due to its nerve involvement!!!  The good news...I hope for you as well....the pain became tolerable after the first week...(little solace in the beginning I know!)...when they kept saying that the pain could last for months, I contemplated SEVERE MEASURES!!!!  Luckily, IT was only a tenderness and occasional "electrical stab" that continued on for a couple of months...AND THEN IT WAS ALL GONE!!!!  Nothing remains!!!!  Sending up prayers for your speedy recovery!

Life is not about waiting out the storm....it's about learning how to dance in the rain!
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1805 on: May 24, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

BT,
My mother said that shingles was the worst pain that she had ever experienced.
My sympathies are with you.  Ask the doctor for a different pain medication.
Hydrocodone does not work for me at all....makes me feel anxious.  Try Percodan.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1806 on: May 25, 2008, 02:28:07 AM »

BT - Bless your heart! There's nothing trivial about shingles. Maybe it won't kill you, but the suffering can be immense, and it can interfere with your life. My poor grandmother had shingles several times and she really had a hard time with the pain. I'm sending up prayers for you, and I hope you can find a drug that helps you find relief.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1807 on: May 25, 2008, 05:44:47 AM »

I had a feeling when I read your symptoms that is what the problem was.  That is extremely painful and am saying prayers for you, that this will pass quickly.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1808 on: May 25, 2008, 06:02:01 AM »

Yap, there are no words to express the sorrow I wish to express for your family's loss.  I am praying that God will wrap you tightly in his loving arms and carry you all through this trying time.

I feel so blessed to have known Savanna through you, even though her life was but a whisper on this earth.  She is hand in hand with her sister, your family's heavenly connection.  She is telling her sister what a great Mimi, Mom, and Dad they have.  What a fighter, little Savanna.  I will remember her always.

God bless you all.

I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1809 on: May 25, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »

Bearly what a beautiful post.

BT, I'm so sorry to hear you have shingles, it is a very painful condition and I will pray the medication provides you relief soon. The friends I've had or known who had shingles also had the blisters on their trunk, I am relieved you don't have those but I know it's terribly painful and limiting to your activities. I'll keep you in my prayers !

I continue to stand with the girl.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1810 on: May 25, 2008, 11:12:13 AM »

BT, I am sorry to hear you have shingles. I pray the pain eases very rapidly.

Monkeys, Thank you all for your kind words, prayers & support. While our time with Savanna was very brief, our memories of how beautiful & perfect she was will last a lifetime.
As a family we have decided to see if we can help some of the other babies in the NICU at the hospital she was born at.
They have an excellent NICU department. The Dr & nurses stood with us as she passed. They cried along with us & prayed along with us. The Drs & nurses who devote their lives to these innocent angels cannot be praised enough.
Please know I am not asking anyone to make donations but if you want to, please email me. I will provide you with the address.
Please continue praying for the babies, Drs & nurses of all NICU units worldwide. From the inside of a NICU you can truly see God at work through the Drs & nurses.
I saw too much anguish on the faces of other parents who had a baby there. I also saw & heard tales of babies being there whose family never came to visit & never called to check on them.
I wish I could post her obituary here but we all know there are too many sickos in this world.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
amanda
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1811 on: May 25, 2008, 03:47:32 PM »

My heart breaks for you and your family, Yapperz.  As an NICU nurse, I've, sadly, seen this happen too many times.  Although it's always sad to see a neonate with little, or no, family involvement, the most heart-breaking cases are the ones when we have to watch a whole family's heart break over the loss of a truly wanted baby. 
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1812 on: May 25, 2008, 04:50:51 PM »

Yap…I am so sorry. Continued prayers for you, your daughter, her husband and all your family during this sad time in your lives. May God give you all the strength to help you through this. Tiny Savanna has touched so many of our lives.

BT… Hope you get well soon!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1813 on: May 25, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »

Yap, there are no words to express the sorrow I wish to express for your family's loss.  I am praying that God will wrap you tightly in his loving arms and carry you all through this trying time.

I feel so blessed to have known Savanna through you, even though her life was but a whisper on this earth.  She is hand in hand with her sister, your family's heavenly connection.  She is telling her sister what a great Mimi, Mom, and Dad they have.  What a fighter, little Savanna.  I will remember her always.

God bless you all.

This really is a beautiful tribute.  I'm sure Yap has found comfort in your words.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1814 on: May 26, 2008, 02:08:28 AM »

Monkeys, Thank you all for your kind words, prayers & support. While our time with Savanna was very brief, our memories of how beautiful & perfect she was will last a lifetime.
As a family we have decided to see if we can help some of the other babies in the NICU at the hospital she was born at.
They have an excellent NICU department. The Dr & nurses stood with us as she passed. They cried along with us & prayed along with us. The Drs & nurses who devote their lives to these innocent angels cannot be praised enough.
Please know I am not asking anyone to make donations but if you want to, please email me. I will provide you with the address.
Please continue praying for the babies, Drs & nurses of all NICU units worldwide. From the inside of a NICU you can truly see God at work through the Drs & nurses.
I saw too much anguish on the faces of other parents who had a baby there. I also saw & heard tales of babies being there whose family never came to visit & never called to check on them.
I wish I could post her obituary here but we all know there are too many sickos in this world.

Hi yap.

You have been in my thoughts and prayers.

Today hubby and I spent a wonderful afternoon and evening over at out daughter's home.  After the kids were settled tonight and ... we finally had a chance to talk over a cuppa of coffee ... I shared the stories encompassing the short lives of Savanna Hope and Brandalyn and ... how I wanted comply with Mimi's suggestion regarding a donation to the hospital unit where her grandaughters were provided with so much love and care ... the hospital unit where the family were provided with so much support.

Yap ... my daughter show me how I could contribute online.  I did not have the name of the hospital where Savanna Hope and Brandalyn were born so ... I made a donation to Vancouver Children's Hospital in memory of your grandaughters.

God Bless you and your family.

Good Night.

Janet
11:05 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1815 on: May 26, 2008, 02:53:42 AM »

Yap~
I have been way out of the loop here as life has a direction all of its own. I just now come across all that has been happening in lil' Savanna's life. I'm so sorry for all that your daughter, her hubby, you and the rest of your family have been through. May the Lord surround you all with his strong & loving arms and grant you the peace, strength & love to help carry you thru' this really difficult time. My heart just breaks for you, I remember last year as well. God Bless You, sweetie!! Sending you all lots of {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}  You will be in my thoughts & prayers.

BT~
I am hoping that you are getting better each and everyday since your diagnosis was given to you. I will be saying prayers for you for the pain to be gone and for a complete & speedy recovery. Sending you lots of {{{{HUGS}}}} I hope you get well really soon!!  Smile

Roos~

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1816 on: May 26, 2008, 03:26:14 AM »

BT, I am sorry to hear you have shingles. I pray the pain eases very rapidly.

What a gift you are to those babies who will never feel the attachment of their families. 

Some people just cannot do it.  I have watched a neonate have a seizure only to have her dad drop to the floor and have a grand mal seizure.  Some parents think the baby may die anyway so they turn off their feelings so they will not become attached.  Students, on their rotation through the NICU have also fainted or left the room, never to return. 

It is my favorite place in the hospital, by far.  Bless you for sharing your heart with these babies who have no one.  There is no better medicine that is stronger than a human touch.

This is Savanna's gift to you as you are a gift to these precious babies.  As you have discovered, the kiss of God is still fresh on their little heads.  As God has touched them, they will touch you.

I believe in miracles!
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1817 on: May 26, 2008, 03:30:45 AM »

BT - and other monkeys - ask your doctor about the shingles vaccine. (I understand that it may be effective even if you previously have had an episode of shingles.) It is relatively new (out in 2006) and *I think* is recommended for people age 60 and over.

Was Acyclovir prescribed? That is supposedly the best treatment. And Vicodine (sp?) for pain.

I've known several people who went through this. Good luck; hope it clears up soon.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1818 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:08 AM »

I want to thank each of you for you kind thoughts & prayers. They do mean the world to our family.
To me it doesn't matter what NICU gets a donation. All of them are extremely dedicated to the babies. If one baby can be saved, that is a huge blessing to us. I wish I lived closer to a hospital with a NICU, I would volunteer to help in any way I could. So many babies just need to be held, snuggled & rocked.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1819 on: May 26, 2008, 10:52:54 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your kind remarks, prayers, and advice. I am feeling much better than I was a few days ago, so I guess the medication is working. Yesterday I felt enough better than I tried to stop taking any pain medicine. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep because I had a bit of a headache. Eventually I dropped off, and woke myself up 2 hours later making a strange squeaking noise, cause I was dreaming that someone was hitting me in the head with broomstick.  I gave in and took a pain pill at that point, and finally got a good night's sleep.

Yap - Continuing hugs and prayers for you and your whole family. I will be thinking of you on Tuesday and asking God to give you strength. (((Yap)))

I Stand With The Girl
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.