March 18, 2024, 10:38:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938332 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2440 on: February 10, 2009, 06:44:51 PM »

Mom is doing good she looks good and she is just tired.
I have to learn to read lips I'm not good with this at all.
Mom talks more then anyone I know and for her to be quite is making her mad.

The discharge Planner is a bit*h and has no feeling at all she got me all
upset,and made me cry today.
Their are only two Hospitals in our state that can provide temporary care for mom, with this Mechanical Ventilation device .

One is 20 minutes away, one is one hour away.
I am doing everything on my side to keep her close to us.
Also her Ins Co will only pay for one place after a 15 days bed hold.
I will have to be getting all Mom's things out of where she was staying as soon as they need her room
CRYING now.

Try one of those etch a sketch pads for her to write down what she wants to say.

Ask about 24 hour home care nursing as an option, for when she is able to leave the hospital she is transferred too.

Can't think of anything else to help you right now.
Just that you're prayers were answered, just give thanks and all will work itself out.

Ask about 24 hour home care nursing as an option,
I did her Ins will not pay for that, and I'm not working because of my back.

Doesn't she have Medicare? She should. If so it looks like it will cover part time care:

The Medicare program offers home health care services to program beneficiaries provided they meet certain nonfinancial eligibility criteria

Medicare enrollees can qualify for certain home health care services (skilled nursing care and some health care services for the treatment of an illness or injury) if:

1. their doctor decides they need medical care at home and makes a plan for the care;
f the patient meets the medical needs requirements, Medicare covers the following services:

1. part-time or intermittent skilled nursing care by a registered or licensed practical nurse;

Ask your doctor to order it. You can always not use it, but at least get the order from your doctor just in case you need it or want it

Go to this link and read it. Also you could check AARP website for some advice with not only home health care, but also aftercare hospitals etc. They are a good source for advice.
http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0743.htm

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2441 on: February 10, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »

Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your Mom.
Perhaps one of our Monkey nurses can comment on the distressing events that happened today with your Mom's speech.   
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2442 on: February 10, 2009, 09:43:33 PM »

I just got home Mom was sitting in a chair today.
They did a  little of  her weaning process while I was there, she only lasted five minutes sighhhhh
She started swetting then her heart rate went up.They had to stop.

I talked to one of the Doctors about the disrespect I got yesterday and he took notes.

One day at a time I have a feeling this will be a very long process.
I think she might have had a stroke last week because she is not the same.
Mom has a feeding tube in her nose, I asked her if she wanted me to put her favorit cream on her and she said, (with lips only) after my lunch?

I said Mom I love you as I was leaving, I said Mom, tell me you love me.
Mom said " tell me you love me"

Blonde you and your Mom are in my prayers daily....this is a scary time for both of you....thank you for keep us posted. Give MOM a monkey hugs from all of us!!  And one for yourself too!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2443 on: February 10, 2009, 10:03:10 PM »

I just got home Mom was sitting in a chair today.
They did a  little of  her weaning process while I was there, she only lasted five minutes sighhhhh
She started swetting then her heart rate went up.They had to stop.

I talked to one of the Doctors about the disrespect I got yesterday and he took notes.

One day at a time I have a feeling this will be a very long process.
I think she might have had a stroke last week because she is not the same.
Mom has a feeding tube in her nose, I asked her if she wanted me to put her favorit cream on her and she said, (with lips only) after my lunch?

I said Mom I love you as I was leaving, I said Mom, tell me you love me.
Mom said " tell me you love me"

Blonde, I have been through this same thing with my mother, my aunt
and my husband coming off the ventilator. 
I don't think that Sadie has had a stroke.  I think that she has the
Hospital Psychosis......google it.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #2444 on: February 10, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

Blonde....I want to let You know that You and Sadie are still in My Thoughts and Prayers.....See if there is a Social Worker at the hospital that will work with You....They helped Me with My Dad and My Papa and are trained in these situations....God Bless You and Your Family!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2445 on: February 11, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »

Their are only two Hospitals in our state that can provide temporary care for mom, with this Mechanical Ventilation device .

I will have to be getting all Mom's things out of where she was staying as soon as they need her room
CRYING now.

Try one of those etch a sketch pads for her to write down what she wants to say.

Ask about 24 hour home care nursing as an option, for when she is able to leave the hospital she is transferred too.

Just that you're prayers were answered, just give thanks and all will work itself out.

Doesn't she have Medicare? She should. If so it looks like it will cover part time care:

The Medicare program offers home health care services to program beneficiaries provided they meet certain nonfinancial eligibility criteria

Medicare enrollees can qualify for certain home health care services (skilled nursing care and some health care services for the treatment of an illness or injury) if:

1. their doctor decides they need medical care at home and makes a plan for the care;
f the patient meets the medical needs requirements, Medicare covers the following services:

1. part-time or intermittent skilled nursing care by a registered or licensed practical nurse;

Ask your doctor to order it. You can always not use it, but at least get the order from your doctor just in case you need it or want it

Go to this link and read it. Also you could check AARP website for some advice with not only home health care, but also aftercare hospitals etc. They are a good source for advice.

I have asked and they told me that NO ONE covers in home ventilators they are very expensive.
 NO INS. Co. will cover a 24 hour nurse to take care of her,that is skilled for ventilators.

Also Mom ran out of all her money $300,000 in a two year period,of nursing home care at $10,000 per mt. not including all of her meds and hospital cost.
But I'm waiting for a call back now. from http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0743.htm

I just got off the phone Mom need too much care to ever come home with me she is hooked up on life support and monitors. No nursing agency will take her and give her 20 hour care.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 10:39:14 AM by Blonde » Logged

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2446 on: February 11, 2009, 11:37:11 AM »

CRYING now.

I have asked and they told me that NO ONE covers in home ventilators they are very expensive.
 NO INS. Co. will cover a 24 hour nurse to take care of her,that is skilled for ventilators.

Also Mom ran out of all her money $300,000 in a two year period,of nursing home care at $10,000 per mt. not including all of her meds and hospital cost.
But I'm waiting for a call back now. from http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/rpt/2005-R-0743.htm

I just got off the phone Mom need too much care to ever come home with me she is hooked up on life support and monitors. No nursing agency will take her and give her 20 hour care.

Blonde ... for ten years ... from the age of 79-89) my precious Mother-in law was ... for the most part ... bed ridden.  She could walk with a walker to the washroom but that was about it.  During that period my husbands five sister's/BILs as well as my husband and I took three months shifts caring for all her needs in our respective homes.  At the age of 89 Mom fell at the home of one of my SIL's and broke her hip.  She had a successful operation but within ten days the family was shocked when we were informed that she was about to be discharged.  My MIL was a small woman but it even took two nurses to move her from the bed to a chair to change her bedding.  This uncomplaining woman claimed the pain was unbearable.  The family had assumed that Mom would be kept in hospital until she had  recouperated from her surgery.

We realized that a temporary nursing home was the solution but ... at least a six months waiting lists at all the homes that we considered acceptable was where it was at.  My husband and sisters who had lovingly cared for Mom for ten years took a stand and informed hospital members and doctors at a meeting that they did not feel qualified to take Mom home in her present condition but ... would be actively looking for alternative care and ... walked out of the meeting.  In other words ... in the meantime ... Mom would have to remain in hospital.

There was not another word about discharging Mom and ... two weeks later ... alternate care was arranged until Mom was again able to use her walker.

In Canada ... the cost of hospital stay is included our monthly premiums ... however the patient is financially responsibility for extended care depending on his/her financial income/financial assets.

Blonde ... my heart goes out to you.  It must be so overwhelming.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2447 on: February 11, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »

Spent time with Mom today she doesn't want to do anything.
They can't get her off life support for more then 5 minutes then her heart rate goes up like she was running  ten miles sighhhhhhhh.
Mom is very depressed
They think by the way this looks, she will have to live this way forever.
She said she was hungry and she can't get enough air.
She has a feeding tube and it can't come out untill she can breath on her own for some period of time, and she can't.

I think she is having  panic attacks, because she suffers from an anxiety disorder.
Mom was on meds for this, I'm thinking they took her off.
She had no will today at all.
 I'm feeling very discouraged.
She wouldn't sit in her chair or let us open the curtains, and  were haveing a spring like day here .

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2448 on: February 11, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »

Spent time with Mom today she doesn't want to do anything.
They can't get her off life support for more then 5 minutes then her heart rate goes up like she was running  ten miles sighhhhhhhh.
Mom is very depressed
They think by the way this looks, she will have to live this way forever.
She said she was hungry and she can't get enough air.
She has a feeding tube and it can't come out untill she can breath on her own for some period of time, and she can't.

I think she is having  panic attacks, because she suffers from an anxiety disorder.
Mom was on meds for this, I'm thinking they took her off.
She had no will today at all.
 I'm feeling very discouraged.

She wouldn't sit in her chair or let us open the curtains, and  were haveing a spring like day here .

Blonde ... this is just the third day since surgery.  Between the feeding tube and the life supports ... it is understandable that your Mother has depression.  However ... as she regains her strength and ... those wonderful life saving apparatus' are no longer necessary ... her spirits will lift.

However ... my dear ... it is important that you look after yourself.  The sharing of time with friends and family spent at the hospital will give you an opportunity to renew both your physical strength and your mental outlook.

God Bless.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2449 on: February 12, 2009, 09:48:47 AM »

Blonde, bless your heart.  I have had my Motherinlaw in an Alzheimer Center for 10 years and have gone through surgeries, two hip replacements in one week, hospice, her almost dying, her coming back, etc.  I am her voice and I fight for her every day.  Can you bring her favorite music - something soothing - to her room?  Make her a picture/speech board that she can point to.  Use things as a happy face, a sad face, hurt, hungry, a heart for love, whatever your mom and you can relate to in a day to day situation.  Explain it to your mom and tell her what each picture means so that she can point to how she feels or what she needs.  Also, take her favorite perfume.  Smells, hearing and the taste of sweet things are very soothing.  God bless and I hope things ease up for you!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2450 on: February 12, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »

Mom was very mad today, the Dr asked her if she was going to get in a chair and do breathing exercise 
she said NO

He told her if she didn't, she will have to live this way forever.
At this point she tried to pull out her tubes,kick off her blankets her heart rate went up.
Nurces were in the room at least 6 times when I was there because OX level were low. she was breathing so hard.
She said she can't get enough air, and she was hot.
She is mad that she can't talk.
The Dr gave Mom something to make her sleep.
I stayed untill she fell asleep.
I do feel the end is near.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2451 on: February 12, 2009, 05:02:00 PM »

Blonde, bless your heart.  I have had my Motherinlaw in an Alzheimer Center for 10 years and have gone through surgeries, two hip replacements in one week, hospice, her almost dying, her coming back, etc.  I am her voice and I fight for her every day.  Can you bring her favorite music - something soothing - to her room?  Make her a picture/speech board that she can point to.  Use things as a happy face, a sad face, hurt, hungry, a heart for love, whatever your mom and you can relate to in a day to day situation.  Explain it to your mom and tell her what each picture means so that she can point to how she feels or what she needs.  Also, take her favorite perfume.  Smells, hearing and the taste of sweet things are very soothing.  God bless and I hope things ease up for you!
Thank you Sharon, you did not address this to me, but it will help with my Mom as well, bless you!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2452 on: February 12, 2009, 07:10:37 PM »

Mom was very mad today, the Dr asked her if she was going to get in a chair and do breathing exercise 
she said NO

He told her if she didn't, she will have to live this way forever.
At this point she tried to pull out her tubes,kick off her blankets her heart rate went up.
Nurces were in the room at least 6 times when I was there because OX level were low. she was breathing so hard.
She said she can't get enough air, and she was hot.
She is mad that she can't talk.
The Dr gave Mom something to make her sleep.
I stayed untill she fell asleep.
I do feel the end is near.

It is so hard to reverse roles and take care of your parent.  See if there is a Social Worker/Department and ask for help and guidance.  Hospice is not only for the dying.  They assist with pain and making life easier for her.  See if they think Hospice can help.  My MIL ripped all of her IV's out and her port.  Nurses told us to tie her down.  It was terrible.  I begged the Social Worker for help and also talked with the hospital minister.  It's not only scarey, but you feel so alone.  The Social Worker should be able to find you an appropriate place for your mom.  Someone there needs to help you through this.  I keep checking on you and praying for you!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2453 on: February 12, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »

Thank you Sharon, you did not address this to me, but it will help with my Mom as well, bless you!!!
  Oh you are very welcome.  There is nothing closer to my heart than children and the elderly.  If your mom has dementia or Alzheimers, please read "The 36 Hour Day".  It saved my life.  Also, get Coach Frank Broyle's free Alzheimer guide from the Alzheimer Association.  I cannot tell you how much I have learned the hard way these past ten years!  I am here for anyone that I can help because it is a very hard path to walk when you become your parent's caregiver.  My MIL only wants sweets now and some caregivers fight with her to eat good food.  I talked with one nurse that said the sweet tastebuds are the last to go and if she wants ice cream or sweets - let her!  I have even put honey or a sprinkle of sugar on mash potatoes to get her to eat!  Sorry, didn't mean to ramble! Bless all caregivers of parents!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2454 on: February 13, 2009, 06:28:29 AM »

Good morning Blonde. My words are few but my thoughts are with you and your Mom.  God Bless.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2455 on: February 13, 2009, 06:34:05 AM »

Sharon,
I will look for 36 Hour Day.  Thank you for sharing some of your experiences with your MIL. 
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2456 on: February 13, 2009, 07:05:54 AM »

Sharon,
I will look for 36 Hour Day.  Thank you for sharing some of your experiences with your MIL. 
You are very welcome Can.  In the beginning, I felt so scared and alone.  It reminds me of how Blonde feels right now and it hurts my heart.  I felt like I was drowning in an ocean and no one would throw me a life preserver.  It's hard to think straight when it is someone you love. 

Blonde, I am really, really praying for you and your mom today. Hugs!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2457 on: February 13, 2009, 08:18:03 AM »

Thank You All I don't know what I would do without you.
I feel the confort in your words.
I hope today brings my Mom some peace, and give her back her Strength to fight.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2458 on: February 13, 2009, 08:43:25 AM »

Blonde - I'm keeping you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers.    I hope she's doing better today.
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #2459 on: February 13, 2009, 10:09:07 AM »

Blonde....I continue to Pray for You and Your Beautiful Mom Sadie....I Hope that Today is a Better Day for You Both....God Bless and Keep You Strong!

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.