March 18, 2024, 09:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938286 times)
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #2740 on: March 26, 2009, 12:26:16 AM »

Thanks IM...and way to go Grandma. I would be first in line to give him a kick. Glad all seems to be going ok and Elijah is staying put for the time being. Every day he is still in Mommy's tummy is 1 day less in NICU. Will keep the prayers going. Get some rest.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2741 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:10 AM »

Hi gang, just a quick update...last night when I left everything was great, but then this morning I get in and she looks horrific Her boyfriend tells me that they took her off of the pain meds (except motrin  ) and I was blown away after we had all just had a conference with the head of the departments on how important it was to keep her pain under control. He told me that the top doc ordered them to keep her off the pain meds and she was doing fine just breathing thru them  Well, since I knew the head of the dept had an account where I work, I got his cell number and called him at home....turns out baby daddy hasn't slept in 5 days and told doc she had trouble breathing and that she was doing fine without them I got her back on them asap and when I left tonight the nurses told me how he was so worried about the pain meds last night and how they reassured him that the doc would never order anything that would harm baby or mom, so tonight they told my daughter, when you first feel them pain return call asap so they can stay on top of the pain, and then I told them "if he pulls that crap again, just kick him in the gonads every time she has a contraction", since all the nurses are women they volunteered to take turns seeing how well he likes excruiating pain

Tomorrow at midnight is the 24 week mark and she can get her steroids then. Elijah looked great on the ultrasound and was kicking and acting like a little soccer player moving so much, so we are still hanging in there just counting each and every day as a blessing from God.

Also, I slipped him some valium kitty in his drink tonight (baby daddy) so he would be out and let the proper caregivers decide about pain control  
  Islandmonkey, My prayers are with you, your daughter and future grandson.  Two years ago, our friend came back from Baghdad and months later found out his girlfriend was pregnant with twins.  Long story short, they were born in the 24th or 25th week at 1 pound each.  Texas A&M did an article on these "micro babies".  I cannot tell you how many people were praying for those babies!  There is power in prayer.  They just celebrated their first birthday on March 7th!  I just wanted to share that with you so that you keep the faith and know that miracles really do happen!  I enjoy your photography and your "grandma heart!"  My prayers are with you! 
  NicNic, I am sorry you lost your stepdad and am saying a prayer for you and your family too.  Blonde, I hope you are doing well and taking care!     

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2742 on: March 26, 2009, 07:06:36 AM »

Hi gang, just a quick update...last night when I left everything was great, but then this morning I get in and she looks horrific Her boyfriend tells me that they took her off of the pain meds (except motrin  ) and I was blown away after we had all just had a conference with the head of the departments on how important it was to keep her pain under control. He told me that the top doc ordered them to keep her off the pain meds and she was doing fine just breathing thru them  Well, since I knew the head of the dept had an account where I work, I got his cell number and called him at home....turns out baby daddy hasn't slept in 5 days and told doc she had trouble breathing and that she was doing fine without them I got her back on them asap and when I left tonight the nurses told me how he was so worried about the pain meds last night and how they reassured him that the doc would never order anything that would harm baby or mom, so tonight they told my daughter, when you first feel them pain return call asap so they can stay on top of the pain, and then I told them "if he pulls that crap again, just kick him in the gonads every time she has a contraction", since all the nurses are women they volunteered to take turns seeing how well he likes excruiating pain

Tomorrow at midnight is the 24 week mark and she can get her steroids then. Elijah looked great on the ultrasound and was kicking and acting like a little soccer player moving so much, so we are still hanging in there just counting each and every day as a blessing from God.

Also, I slipped him some valium kitty in his drink tonight (baby daddy) so he would be out and let the proper caregivers decide about pain control  

Island - I was glad to hear that things are at least staying status quo. I have a feeling that men can not and will not understand labor - the gonadal injury is a good way to get him some understanding!  Keep us up to date and I will keep those prayers coming!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2743 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:07 AM »

Thanks for the update IM, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2744 on: March 26, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

I know you folks don't know me from Adam but I have a prayer request for two things.....my mother-in laws sister just died and we need some peace....also a good customer of where I work told me today that he has cancer and well he starts chemo on Tuesday and this man has more spirituality in his pinky-finger than I have in my entire body..He lifts my spirits all the time...and I want to give something back to him...his name is Rodney and he is a wonderful person and he has taught me more about the power of prayer than anyone I have ever met in my life....41 years.  Things happen for a reason and there is a reason that he has graced my life....I only wish that God will grace him now in his hour of need..Thank You.

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2745 on: March 26, 2009, 08:20:18 PM »

I know you folks don't know me from Adam but I have a prayer request for two things.....my mother-in laws sister just died and we need some peace....also a good customer of where I work told me today that he has cancer and well he starts chemo on Tuesday and this man has more spirituality in his pinky-finger than I have in my entire body..He lifts my spirits all the time...and I want to give something back to him...his name is Rodney and he is a wonderful person and he has taught me more about the power of prayer than anyone I have ever met in my life....41 years.  Things happen for a reason and there is a reason that he has graced my life....I only wish that God will grace him now in his hour of need..Thank You.
My thoughts and prayers for your mother-in-laws sister and for your friend, please take care. Mary
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2746 on: March 26, 2009, 10:43:04 PM »

Island Monkey,  Please know my prayers are with your daughter, little Elijah and you.  Take care of yourself, so you can take care of your daughter.  It sounds you are doing one hell of job.  Hugs to all of you.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2747 on: March 26, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »

I feel like I am literally putting a prayer request a week in here...

My stepdad died a week ago today. I have been back home helping my mama and brother and sister...he was 53, and died because the company he works for let a man come back to work after having hip replacement surgery too soon, still oozing from his wounds, and he spread a staph infection around the warehouse. My stepdad was the 8th person in 6 months there to get it, and lost his life. Before him, a man had to have his foot amputated because of it. It's not fair, and Im a wreck of emotions, but I just wanted you to all know that I am praying for you all as well, and thank you so much for all of your prayers. Meme is doing the same, and the baby is okay, but still expecting a surgery in 3-6 months.

nicnic

Thinking of you and sending up prayers.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2748 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:14 PM »

Prayers are on their way for everyone involved! 

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2749 on: March 26, 2009, 11:16:38 PM »

Island Monkey

I am keeping your Daughter, baby Elijah, you and your family in my prayers.

I am happy to hear that you are taking care of your daughter's pain management.  I don't know about you kicking him in the gonads.  I think you should let your daughter hold him by them and give them a squeeze as she feels pain.  I think that should take care of things.

God bless you all!!!

I believe in miracles!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #2750 on: March 26, 2009, 11:37:19 PM »

Thanks Island Monkey for the updates!!  Just know you are all in my prayers!! 

Mytime

XOXO
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #2751 on: March 27, 2009, 05:20:01 AM »

Hi Monkeys~Last night at 9:45 Elijah was born, he was still in the bag of water when the neonatal doc snatched him up to stabilize him, he is 1 lb 6 oz, and has a great heart beat. At first the neonatal doc thought he was younger then 24c weeks, but after a lengthier eval he feels that he looks better than they had expected, his skin is thicker than they expected and his lungs look good on the x-rays, his little head is about the size of a baseball.......but, he is fighting! He is on an oscillator, has already had a blood transfusion but he it a fighter. Please keep him in your prayers.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Scarrlett
Monkey Junky Jr.

To Boldly Go Where No MAN Has Gone Before!

« Reply #2752 on: March 27, 2009, 05:47:28 AM »

I think Bearly has the ultimate solution!! Less violent yet so effective. MEN!!Or is he still a boy??

Hey,how much longer does she have to go? Will they keep her right there in the hospital? It sucks to be there but the best place to be just in case. Are you near her or are you traveling to the hospital? Have you thought about massages for her? Oh,sneak one in for yourself!!   Nosey little monkey,I am.

Eyecancook.. Nicnic..My prayers for you and yours as well.           

If you take care of God's creatures; He will take care of you.
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2753 on: March 27, 2009, 06:00:15 AM »

Prayers are going up for Elijah and for the NICU Nurses and Doctors that are caring for him.  I hope he gets stronger and stronger every day and is home soon with his mommy!

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2754 on: March 27, 2009, 06:39:19 AM »

Hi Monkeys~Last night at 9:45 Elijah was born, he was still in the bag of water when the neonatal doc snatched him up to stabilize him, he is 1 lb 6 oz, and has a great heart beat. At first the neonatal doc thought he was younger then 24c weeks, but after a lengthier eval he feels that he looks better than they had expected, his skin is thicker than they expected and his lungs look good on the x-rays, his little head is about the size of a baseball.......but, he is fighting! He is on an oscillator, has already had a blood transfusion but he it a fighter. Please keep him in your prayers.

Island - I am so glad that he is doing well. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
eyecanCOOK
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2755 on: March 27, 2009, 06:55:04 AM »

prayers are with you and your family from mine and ours

Kindness is a word the deaf and dumb can understand. No ciggies for one year....ok on to year two
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2756 on: March 27, 2009, 07:20:36 AM »

IM I just want you to know that you, your daughter and little Elijah are in my prayers. May he continue to be a little fighter, and get stronger everyday. God Bless you all
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2757 on: March 27, 2009, 07:26:27 AM »

Eyecancook I am so sorry to hear about the lose of your mother inlaws sister. I pray that god brings you all peace. I pray that your customer and friend keeps the grace of God with him though this trying time. That his chemo works. Prayers to you God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2758 on: March 27, 2009, 07:36:12 AM »

thank you, I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

I am a christian, and I am trying to look at this situation from that point of view, and my previous post might not have reflected that. I am truly glad that I can take comfort in knowing that he is with God right now, and is not in any pain anymore. It's just not right for a company to allow those types of things to go on when they are clearly safety violations. The health department is doing an investigation on them now though, which is good, it just should have been done long before this point. well...I guess that was a rant..

Anyway, thank you Mary Smile
nicnic I am so sorry to hear of your dads passing. I truly can feel your pain. As I lost my mom at that age. I am glad you are taking comfort he is with God and not in pain. Prayers to you and your family. My you find peace in the days to come. God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2759 on: March 27, 2009, 09:18:31 AM »

Keeping Elijah, your daughter and everyone in prayer, IM.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.