March 19, 2024, 04:05:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938559 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3120 on: May 31, 2009, 04:42:13 PM »

Thanks for the prayers extended for my sister. I just talked to her and she has a very positive attitude and wants to get this over with.  She was set to retire this Friday but will now have to take disability for 6 months in order to maintain her health insurance.  She had a seizure is the only reason the tumor was found.  The surgeon says it is not malignant so that is very encouraging.  She has a tear in her knee/ligament due to her fall down the stairs but says she WILL not get this taken care of until after the brain surgery.  So her attitude is extremely good, is looking forward to her retirement party with her family this Friday and then her surgery the next Friday.

I will keep you updated after the surgery.  Thanks again for the prayers.  I feel good for her right now because she feels good.

Blue Moon

Thank God the tumor is not malignant.   I'll keep you, your sister, and family in prayer.   an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3121 on: May 31, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

I will be out off and on for the couple of weeks but do not forget that I am with this for the long haul.  My sister just found out she has a mass the size of my fist pushing against her brain and surgery is the only option.  So in less than 2 weeks brain surgery is where it is at for her and I will be standing beside her during this time.  So prayers are needed as the recuperation time is much longer than the surgery itself.

Take care Monkeys.

Blue Moon

I walked through the same valley as your sister nineteen years ago this month.  God was the source of strength that carried me ... carried my family ... through the storm of all storms.

Janet

+++++++++

Psalm 28:7
the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped.

Psam 46:2
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

John 14:27
I am leaving you at peace. I am giving you my own peace. I am not giving it to you as the world gives. So don't let your hearts be troubled, and don't be afraid.

FOREVER YOU ARE FAITHFUL - MICHAEL W. SMITH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lPdtqgouCc

Thanks Janet.  Your the best.  I thought of you when she found out and wondered if this is similar.  Sounds like it to me.  What kind of recuperation time did you require with your surgery?  She knows she will have rehab but doesn't know how much.  Thanks.

Blue Moon ... every condition is different.

In February 1990 ... while getting ready for work ... I looked into the mirror and ... the right side of my face appeared as thought it was "droopy" ... mouth was crooked.  Within a minute everything was back to normal.  I quickly put the concerning incident behind me.  The following week I received an annual hearing test provided by the company I had been with with 17 years of age.  As she had done for a number of years ... the nurse reminded me again that my hearing was going down in the right ear.  As I had done for a number of year ... I did not put any significance into this diagnosis.  After all ... I could hear and ... the insignificant loss of hearing was not inconveniencing my life in any way.

In May, 1990 ... following my yearly checkup ... my longtime physician queried whether I had any medical symptons that were bothering me.  I was about to replay in the negative when the two incidences in February crossed my mind.  Rather than assuring me I had nothing to be concerned abot ... the next morning I found myself sitting across the desk from a neurologist.  I was sent for various outpatient tests at Vancouver General Hospital over the following week.  As I had no symptoms ... no headaches ... I considered this all a waste of time.  However ... the final test was a CAT scan.  It was this procedure where a benign tumor was discovered ...  a benign  tumor the size of an egg was located on my right hearing nerve ... a benign tumor that had been growing for an estimated ten years.  This condition is called Acoustic neuroma.  As the tumor was resting against my brain stem ... I was in immediate danger of a massive stroke so ... three days later I underwent a thirteen hour surgery.  Two very skilled neurosurgeons took turns attempting to make sure the entire was was removed to avoid any regrowth.

Blue Moon ... long story short ... I was out of the hospital in ten days and ... four months later ... I had gained most of my strength back and ... I was back at work for three days a week for a month and ... then it was full time again.

It was a given prior to surgery that I would loose my hearing in my right ear but ... considering there were also other neurologic risks ... I feel very fortunate.  Yearly CAT/MRI scan checkups turned into checkups every two years and ... now checkups are scheduled every five years.  Apparently any regrowth of the tumor if caught early can be removed with a lazer procedure.

Blue Moon ... the worst part of the entire experience was learning how to let go ... trust the surgeons ... trust God ... acknowledging I had no control.  I came to that place throughout the long night prior to my early morning surgery.  I gave it all to God and experienced for the first time in my life the "peace that passes all understanding".

The recouperation period involved for the most part just gaining strength.  In the beginning daily progress was so insignificant ... a week would have to pass so I could compare how far I had come.  As time went on ... everyday progress was evident.

I learned through this experience what my priorities in life were.  It was not the home I loved.  It was not the job I loved.  It was not the friends who I loved.  It was not my extended family who I loved.   It was my relationship with God ... it was was husband ... it was my children and ... it was my father.

Love, Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3122 on: May 31, 2009, 06:22:56 PM »

I will be out off and on for the couple of weeks but do not forget that I am with this for the long haul.  My sister just found out she has a mass the size of my fist pushing against her brain and surgery is the only option.  So in less than 2 weeks brain surgery is where it is at for her and I will be standing beside her during this time.  So prayers are needed as the recuperation time is much longer than the surgery itself.

Take care Monkeys.

Blue Moon

I walked through the same valley as your sister nineteen years ago this month.  God was the source of strength that carried me ... carried my family ... through the storm of all storms.

Janet

+++++++++

Psalm 28:7
the Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped.

Psam 46:2
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

John 14:27
I am leaving you at peace. I am giving you my own peace. I am not giving it to you as the world gives. So don't let your hearts be troubled, and don't be afraid.

FOREVER YOU ARE FAITHFUL - MICHAEL W. SMITH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lPdtqgouCc

Thanks Janet.  Your the best.  I thought of you when she found out and wondered if this is similar.  Sounds like it to me.  What kind of recuperation time did you require with your surgery?  She knows she will have rehab but doesn't know how much.  Thanks.

Blue Moon ... every condition is different.

In February 1990 ... while getting ready for work ... I looked into the mirror and ... the right side of my face appeared as thought it was "droopy" ... mouth was crooked.  Within a minute everything was back to normal.  I quickly put the concerning incident behind me.  The following week I received an annual hearing test provided by the company I had been with with 17 years of age.  As she had done for a number of years ... the nurse reminded me again that my hearing was going down in the right ear.  As I had done for a number of year ... I did not put any significance into this diagnosis.  After all ... I could hear and ... the insignificant loss of hearing was not inconveniencing my life in any way.

In May, 1990 ... following my yearly checkup ... my longtime physician queried whether I had any medical symptons that were bothering me.  I was about to replay in the negative when the two incidences in February crossed my mind.  Rather than assuring me I had nothing to be concerned abot ... the next morning I found myself sitting across the desk from a neurologist.  I was sent for various outpatient tests at Vancouver General Hospital over the following week.  As I had no symptoms ... no headaches ... I considered this all a waste of time.  However ... the final test was a CAT scan.  It was this procedure where a benign tumor was discovered ...  a benign  tumor the size of an egg was located on my right hearing nerve ... a benign tumor that had been growing for an estimated ten years.  This condition is called Acoustic neuroma.  As the tumor was resting against my brain stem ... I was in immediate danger of a massive stroke so ... three days later I underwent a thirteen hour surgery.  Two very skilled neurosurgeons took turns attempting to make sure the entire was was removed to avoid any regrowth.

Blue Moon ... long story short ... I was out of the hospital in ten days and ... four months later ... I had gained most of my strength back and ... I was back at work for three days a week for a month and ... then it was full time again.

It was a given prior to surgery that I would loose my hearing in my right ear but ... considering there were also other neurologic risks ... I feel very fortunate.  Yearly CAT/MRI scan checkups turned into checkups every two years and ... now checkups are scheduled every five years.  Apparently any regrowth of the tumor if caught early can be removed with a lazer procedure.

Blue Moon ... the worst part of the entire experience was learning how to let go ... trust the surgeons ... trust God ... acknowledging I had no control.  I came to that place throughout the long night prior to my early morning surgery.  I gave it all to God and experienced for the first time in my life the "peace that passes all understanding".

The recouperation period involved for the most part just gaining strength.  In the beginning daily progress was so insignificant ... a week would have to pass so I could compare how far I had come.  As time went on ... everyday progress was evident.

I learned through this experience what my priorities in life were.  It was not the home I loved.  It was not the job I loved.  It was not the friends who I loved.  It was not my extended family who I loved.   It was my relationship with God ... it was was husband ... it was my children and ... it was my father.

Love, Janet

Janet, very powerful.  It kinda sounds like the same thing.  Her symptoms started off with numbness in the right leg and foot.  Had test run on everything except her head.  Said it was just a pinched nerve in her back.  She told them her back doesn't bother her.  This doctor said it had probably been present since birth slowly growing.  He told her will probably have some motor skill loss which will have to be relearned. Said speech could be affected because of that.  She said she thanks God above for letting this happen now so she can enjoy her retirement later on and her family.  He has her on seizure medication, said seizures with come alot now since they just started.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
crazybabyborg
« Reply #3123 on: May 31, 2009, 08:40:10 PM »

Blue Moon,
My prayers and thoughts are with your sister and those who are involved in providing her health care. I'm praying that her health be totally restored and that her healing be quick. God Bless, and keep us posted!  {HUGS}
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3124 on: June 01, 2009, 02:50:36 AM »

Dear Deenie, I have been praying for you since you posted your pray request on the 16th of May. I just didn't write any thing as I am not good with words like some of the other Monkeys. I have prayed for you and will continue to pray for you. You have a loving heart and soul. May God bring you peace and comfort. God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3125 on: June 01, 2009, 02:54:29 AM »

Blue Moon, Praying God guides your sisters doctors so her surgery is successful and she can return to her loving family with little or no problems. God Bless you and your family and may he bring you peace and comfort at this time. God Bless

GOD BLESS AMERICA
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3126 on: June 01, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »

Blue Moon,I am praying for you sister.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3127 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:44 PM »

an angelic monkey  Califmom is sending Prayers and Hugs to everyone who needs them.    an angelic monkey

(((((((((((((((  HUGS )))))))))))))))))))))

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3128 on: June 04, 2009, 04:35:07 PM »

Hi Blue Moon

Thinking about ya.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #3129 on: June 04, 2009, 05:18:50 PM »

Blue Moon, I have you and your sister in my prayers.

I read here often but don't always post.  All monkeys with requests are also in my thoughts and prayers.    an angelic monkey

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3130 on: June 05, 2009, 10:11:52 PM »

Thanks for prayers.  Just got home from my sisters retirement party.  She was having a grand ole time.  7 out of 11 of her brothers and sisters made it.  I put together a "memories" photo album for her and she cried when she looked through it.  I started off with pictures of her and her family, then on to her school day pictures, then pictures of all of us kids growing up, then pictures of our mother and father, and lastly pictures of our ancestors (what little I could locate of them).  The surgeon told her to go on and shave her head next week, we siblings offered to do it for her tonight but she said she would have to have several margaritas before she would ever allow us to do it.  Still has a positive attitude and says she fully trusts this surgeon.  So one more week before her surgery and she is at peace with it and doesn't appear to be overly concerned.  Update next Friday after surgery.  Thanks again.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3131 on: June 07, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »

Sending prayers and hugs to all in need.
I'm sending a special prayer to Dolce and the babies.Her family too.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3132 on: June 07, 2009, 10:04:27 AM »

Our Dolce went into labor this morning at 1:00.  Please pray for her and the babies and her hubby.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3133 on: June 07, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

I am, Dolce prayers and thoughts, pretty soon you will be a mother  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3134 on: June 07, 2009, 04:01:27 PM »

Trimm, I just wanted you to know your husband and father in law will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. And a special prayer for you, and all the things that you are going through, you are a very strong woman.  an angelic monkey
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3135 on: June 07, 2009, 07:38:00 PM »

Blue Moon

I took the liberty of adding "Blue Moon's sister" and family to our ladies prayer circle chain.  Prayers will extend to other churches in the Fraser Valley of British Columbia ... north to Vancouver ... South to Portland, Oregon ... East to Calgary Alberta.  All total there are 21 ladies prayer groups involved .  The way it words ... the prayer leader in each church has the responsibility of contacting each of ladies her respective group as well as ccontacting the next church on the chain.  Within the week the chain should come full circle back to our church.

Take care hon.

Janet

_____

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3136 on: June 07, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »

Trimm, I just wanted you to know your husband and father in law will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. And a special prayer for you, and all the things that you are going through, you are a very strong woman.  an angelic monkey
[/quote

Thank you NoRose.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3137 on: June 07, 2009, 08:14:55 PM »

Dolce,I'm saying an extra prayer for you and the babies.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3138 on: June 07, 2009, 08:34:48 PM »

Trimm, I was just getting ready to sign off, but wanted to stop by here to give you an extra prayer for tomorrow.  You've been in my thoughts & prayers & I wish you to best of luck for tomorrow.

Goodnight friend,
cece

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3139 on: June 07, 2009, 09:04:32 PM »

Thank you Lord for our blessings of yesterday.
Thank you Lord for our blessings of today.
Thank you Lord for our blessings coming tomorrow.
Amen.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.