March 19, 2024, 03:45:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938553 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3340 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:06 PM »

Dear BOO~   You are one of my favorite monkey friends because of your wicked sense of humor and big heart, I'm so
              sorry to hear that your father has passed away. I don't know which is harder, when they leave us suddenly or
              when each day is feared as their last. Either way the loss is devastating, please know that my thoughts are
              with you. I'll miss you here and hope that you get thru these hard days ahead with your family by your side.

lots of hugs,   Janet
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3341 on: June 18, 2009, 06:28:14 PM »

DEENIE~  I'm sorry that I was gone from the forum for a few days and didn't hear the news of your loss also. I haven't lost my father yet, thankfully, but my sweet mother left us at Christmas time, so I know it's such a strange passage for us as children. It's so difficult to want or feel the need to have a parents attention and have to realize that we can only reach out spiritually.  I pray that each day becomes easier and each fond memory clearer.

He sounded like a wonderful man and maybe he gave you your great sense of pairing just the right music for any emotion or situation like you do with those terrific youtubes!  If he did, it's our gift here at SM.

hugs from another monkey sister,  Janet   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #3342 on: June 18, 2009, 06:37:01 PM »

Boo lost her father this morning. Please pray for strength for her and her family during this heartbreaking time.She asked me to let the board know as she will not be around for a bit. 
Boo, JSM has no words but to say I feel so sorry for you and your family. I can't imagine your pain right now. If you need me, you know how to reach me. Hugs and Love to you.

Luv you Boo,

JSM and Josef

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3343 on: June 18, 2009, 07:32:19 PM »

Boo,I am so sorry to hear about your father.I am praying for you and your family.
Hugs to you,Trimm

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #3344 on: June 18, 2009, 08:12:01 PM »

Boo, my deepest sympathies to you. I know it is hard and my heart is breaking for you. I will be praying for strength and comfort for you and all your family.

Hugs to you

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3345 on: June 18, 2009, 08:51:55 PM »

oh, Boo,
i am so sorry for your loss.  just know that your daddy is now looking down to help you.  come back when you are ready and know that we will miss you while your gone and celebrate when you return. an angelic monkey

OMG  thats soooo Anthony.  (credits to miss Mae)
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3346 on: June 18, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »

Boo Monkey, I am so sorry for your loss.  I will pray for you and your family.  A father who raised someone like you must have been a very special person. 

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3347 on: June 18, 2009, 11:02:31 PM »

Boo, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. Any death is difficult, but losing a parent, well, nothing comes close.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and hope to see you back real soon!  an angelic monkey

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3348 on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:08 PM »

BOO, I see you up there and all of this has me remembering those awful heartaches that you are probably feeling right now. I even would drop in SM sometimes just to be "normal" for a minute, knowing that the rest of the day would be full of tears and even laughter with tears, all those memories of small funny stuff  and then more tears.  Take care.

Sending you another hug.    j
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3349 on: June 18, 2009, 11:22:56 PM »

Thank you all Monkeys for your prayers. It was devastating. I was going to go see him today with my twin sister Julie. I was waiting for Julie to call to say she was on her way, then I would meet her. She called and said Dad's dead. For the past few months I just kept thinking Julie's going to call and say Dad's dead. He hasn't been doing well, he was on oxygen tank, a diabetic and had heart problems. He wrote us an email the other day saying he was having trouble breathing and the stairs were so hard on him. I called and had a nice conversation with him. Now this.  How do people function? When driving home I kept thinking how are these people out here going on with life? My Dad is dead, I'm never going to see him again, never feel his arms around me, never hear his voice, never get another email. OMG I can't stop crying.   

When I got there the LE met me, said they didn't advise going in b/c he was still slumped over in his chair. But if I wanted they would go in with me. I wanted to see him. I was there for my Aunt and I needed to be with him. He couldnt' be alone a second longer. They walked me in and I asked them to move the sheet so I could see him, just a little bit. I will never forget that. Then Julie and her daughter showed up. Strange how we each act so differently. When I started to cry, she became strong, when she cried I was strong. She could answer the ME's questions regarding his heart history and medication, but she couldn't call the funeral home. I called the funeral home and they guy answered asked my father's name. He knew him! He goes to Kiwanis with him! He would be over in 20 minutes which according to LE is record time for a funeral home around here. When they brought him out of the house there was a flag over him. OMG I snapped a few pics from my phone, it was so beautiful, so respectful. I just let the tears flow. I have his watch on now.

I called my sister is Mississippi then my daughter then SunnyinTx. Why in my hour of need, I felt so strongly about calling a monkey? I needed my monkey family with me, some way some how, I needed you all. That's why I got so angry with Steel, he didn't understand what you all mean to me, to others too. When you don't have a large family or they are all far away you cling to those who have shown you love and kindness. That's my Monkey family. For anyone to come in here and slam my family is not tolerated by me. Thank you so much, I can truly say I feel your love and prayers coming from miles away. I needed you and you were there. I'll touch base here and there over the next week, but mostly lurk for a while. Both my boys drove up from Milan to be with me and they took me out to dinner. I just sat there looking at the menu, ready to puke. My daughter told me what to order and made me eat. I didn't taste a thing, but I know I needed it, I hadn't eaten all day. God sent that girl to me, she is my right arm and my whole heart. Tonight she made me up a mojo bag, she put in a crystal, an amethyst, mustard seeds for faith, an herbal bag she made me years ago when I was going through a tough time and other things. She placed in my purse so it would be with me all day tomorrow and help me through this. Then she put in the Dr. Horrible DVD so I would smile a little and she sang along with the songs and stayed with me. I am so blessed to have such family and friends. I love you all.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
suzyinpgh
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3350 on: June 18, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »

Boo,

I am so sorry for your loss.  You and your family will be in my prayers.   an angelic monkey

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3351 on: June 19, 2009, 12:01:01 AM »

Boo, oh my God, I read your post and was so touched.  What is so weird, is that I made my Hub and one of my twins watch the Dr. Horrible DVD tonight.  We're big Joss Whedon fans but have never seen this show.  I loved your connection with your sister. And your monkey family is also with you.  Here's a thought for you,  you have his watch, and ultimately, you have his time.  I will be praying and thinking of you.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #3352 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:17 AM »

Thank you all Monkeys for your prayers. It was devastating. I was going to go see him today with my twin sister Julie. I was waiting for Julie to call to say she was on her way, then I would meet her. She called and said Dad's dead. For the past few months I just kept thinking Julie's going to call and say Dad's dead. He hasn't been doing well, he was on oxygen tank, a diabetic and had heart problems. He wrote us an email the other day saying he was having trouble breathing and the stairs were so hard on him. I called and had a nice conversation with him. Now this.  How do people function? When driving home I kept thinking how are these people out here going on with life? My Dad is dead, I'm never going to see him again, never feel his arms around me, never hear his voice, never get another email. OMG I can't stop crying.   

When I got there the LE met me, said they didn't advise going in b/c he was still slumped over in his chair. But if I wanted they would go in with me. I wanted to see him. I was there for my Aunt and I needed to be with him. He couldnt' be alone a second longer. They walked me in and I asked them to move the sheet so I could see him, just a little bit. I will never forget that. Then Julie and her daughter showed up. Strange how we each act so differently. When I started to cry, she became strong, when she cried I was strong. She could answer the ME's questions regarding his heart history and medication, but she couldn't call the funeral home. I called the funeral home and they guy answered asked my father's name. He knew him! He goes to Kiwanis with him! He would be over in 20 minutes which according to LE is record time for a funeral home around here. When they brought him out of the house there was a flag over him. OMG I snapped a few pics from my phone, it was so beautiful, so respectful. I just let the tears flow. I have his watch on now.

I called my sister is Mississippi then my daughter then SunnyinTx. Why in my hour of need, I felt so strongly about calling a monkey? I needed my monkey family with me, some way some how, I needed you all. That's why I got so angry with Steel, he didn't understand what you all mean to me, to others too. When you don't have a large family or they are all far away you cling to those who have shown you love and kindness. That's my Monkey family. For anyone to come in here and slam my family is not tolerated by me. Thank you so much, I can truly say I feel your love and prayers coming from miles away. I needed you and you were there. I'll touch base here and there over the next week, but mostly lurk for a while. Both my boys drove up from Milan to be with me and they took me out to dinner. I just sat there looking at the menu, ready to puke. My daughter told me what to order and made me eat. I didn't taste a thing, but I know I needed it, I hadn't eaten all day. God sent that girl to me, she is my right arm and my whole heart. Tonight she made me up a mojo bag, she put in a crystal, an amethyst, mustard seeds for faith, an herbal bag she made me years ago when I was going through a tough time and other things. She placed in my purse so it would be with me all day tomorrow and help me through this. Then she put in the Dr. Horrible DVD so I would smile a little and she sang along with the songs and stayed with me. I am so blessed to have such family and friends. I love you all.

Oh Boo I just read this post with tear filled eyes....

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3353 on: June 19, 2009, 12:20:11 AM »

Deenie I am so sorry about your father.  When my father passed I cried for almost a week straight, night and day.  My mom was so worried about me as I could not stop crying.  Then one night I had a dream.  I saw my father very peaceful in a beautiful orchard with fields rolling forever behind him.  He told me that he was ok, he was not in pain anymore and that he loved me.  He told me he was at peace and this would be the last time he was coming to see me until we reunited.  He told me to love his grandchildren and that he would be there for them especially his grand daughter who he had waited forever for.  I had the most peaceful feeling come over me it was amazing.  I awoke and was still wrapped in that peace.  I knew then that he was fine and that we would see each other again.  My father passed 3 weeks after my daughter was born.  He wanted a granddaughter so bad that when I was pregnant with my second son he was so sure that it was going to be a girl he had already started buying girlie girl dresses and beautiful dolls. There is 10 years between my second son and my daughter.  My father had a stroke shortly after I became pregnant with my daughter.  When she was about a week old I took her to see my dad, placed her in his arms in his wheel chair and he wept.  He had had several strokes by then and we were not sure how much he could even understand.  When I saw him holding my daughter and crying I knew though his body had failed him his mind was trapped.  That was the first time I had ever seen my father cry.  My father loved gardening and the outdoors.  As my daughter was growing up she would be fascinated by bugs and flowers and come in and tell us about them.  When either my mom or myself would ask her where she learned that she would always say Papa.  It sent chills into my mom and I but we soon realized that he was holding her hand and sharing his love of gardening with her.  She told us things that there was no way she would have known or got from watching TV.  It has been 12 years since my father has passed and I am sitting here weeping sharing this with you.  What I am trying to say is that I know that your Dad will always be around you, will be proud of you, will be there to hold you and guide you even though you can not see him.  My heartfelt condolences and prayers go out to you.

I know this pic is for Deenie, but it blessed my heart tonight too. Thank you.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3354 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:09 AM »

Boo..
i haven't been a monkey very long, and you really don't know me...but the loss will stay, the pain will not.  i'm sorry your daddy died, nothing will bring him back.  but you have the memories, thoughts, and the wisdom he instilled in you.  take that wisdom and love into every thing you do and your daddy will always have a voice.  you mentioned the ebb and flow of strength in your family...thats ya'll lookin' out for each other.  i can't imagine a family with that much love that didn't come from a loving center.  you loved your daddy and he loved you, very much.  the fact that you can share this with us lets me know that he raised as a very strong and loving daughter.  lean on your daughter now...she wants to be strong for you and you need a strong heart to hold you up and a soft shoulder to rest your head on.  oh, honey, i know its hard, but you will get through this...and when the pain subsides and you can joyfully remember your daddy, he will be there an angelic monkey to smile with you.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3355 on: June 19, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »

Oops no pic, well, the one above with the path to the light. Beautiful.

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3356 on: June 19, 2009, 12:23:46 AM »

Boo..
i haven't been a monkey very long, and you really don't know me...but the loss will stay, the pain will not.  i'm sorry your daddy died, nothing will bring him back.  but you have the memories, thoughts, and the wisdom he instilled in you.  take that wisdom and love into every thing you do and your daddy will always have a voice.  you mentioned the ebb and flow of strength in your family...thats ya'll lookin' out for each other.  i can't imagine a family with that much love that didn't come from a loving center.  you loved your daddy and he loved you, very much.  the fact that you can share this with us lets me know that he raised as a very strong and loving daughter.  lean on your daughter now...she wants to be strong for you and you need a strong heart to hold you up and a soft shoulder to rest your head on.  oh, honey, i know its hard, but you will get through this...and when the pain subsides and you can joyfully remember your daddy, he will be there an angelic monkey to smile with you.

Thank you Mama, I've been watching you. You are a good monkey and a fine addition to our family. Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate it.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3357 on: June 19, 2009, 12:24:21 AM »

Boo, I am sitting here crying and sharing your pain. I lost my daddy too, and I was a daddy's girl, and a tomboy. I had two older sisters and I was the boy he never had. He always wanted me to be feminine and wear girly clothes and shoes, and have my hair just so. But he would take me to college football games, show me how to cut wood with my own jigsaw in his shop and go to Sears with him to buy new tools. I was still a daddy's girl when he died, and I was a grown woman with kids of my own.

I want you to know how much it meant to me last night to take up for me when I was really down. I know what you mean about needing your monkeys. We are far from each other, but connected at the heart.

You will never forget your daddy, and you will never forget the pain of his leaving so abruptly. But it will ease in time and you will get used to the feeling. You never get over it, you just get used to it. You will be happy again, it will be different, but one day you will realize that you feel happiness again, and you will not feel guilty. Your daddy wouldn't want that for you.

Lean on you family, your daughter and your sons and sister. And you know you can lean on us too. We are here for you, patiently waitng and praying for all of you.

With much love,
Fanny

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3358 on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:28 AM »

Boo, I am sitting here crying and sharing your pain. I lost my daddy too, and I was a daddy's girl, and a tomboy. I had two older sisters and I was the boy he never had. He always wanted me to be feminine and wear girly clothes and shoes, and have my hair just so. But he would take me to college football games, show me how to cut wood with my own jigsaw in his shop and go to Sears with him to buy new tools. I was still a daddy's girl when he died, and I was a grown woman with kids of my own.

I want you to know how much it meant to me last night to take up for me when I was really down. I know what you mean about needing your monkeys. We are far from each other, but connected at the heart.

You will never forget your daddy, and you will never forget the pain of his leaving so abruptly. But it will ease in time and you will get used to the feeling. You never get over it, you just get used to it. You will be happy again, it will be different, but one day you will realize that you feel happiness again, and you will not feel guilty. Your daddy wouldn't want that for you.

Lean on you family, your daughter and your sons and sister. And you know you can lean on us too. We are here for you, patiently waitng and praying for all of you.

With much love,
Fanny

Thank you Fannie, I remember the trips to Sears too. He would buy warm cashews and share with us and walk around the tool department. I loved it. Thank you bringing back such a great memory. I have such a hole in my heart. My Mom died when i was 13 years old and now him. I'm an orphan and i just can't wrap my mind around it. Dad's are supposed to be made of steel, always around to pick up the pieces of your life and make it all better. It hurts so bad, I just want to sleep but it won't come. Grissom is keeping me company and my daughter checks on me every few minutes. I feel a tingle every once in a while around the his watch that I'm wearing. Probably my imagination, but I feel him here, standing in the room.

mamacrazy30
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3359 on: June 19, 2009, 12:40:32 AM »

Boo,
monkeys will be here waiting for you...we're not goin' anywhere...take care of yourself.  you need this time; and when you return full force, 
Take Your Time. an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.