March 19, 2024, 01:42:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938461 times)
Madre
Scared Monkey

« Reply #3420 on: June 22, 2009, 02:45:20 PM »

Northern Rose
Your Words have touched me so deeply. Today I thought I was Ok .. hmm.
No. It has not yet sunk in. I feel I am ok for a moment. Then it hits me over again.
I try to grasp it. I am so without words. I am caught now within family and paper work and he said/she said .. keeping my mind spilling. Yet in the quiet moments I find my heart so scared and in a place that it has never ventured ever before in my life.  I never ever thought I would be without my Dad.  Whenever I was struggling ( not monetary) but for answers, for aid, for someone to come to my rescue - My Dad was that only person. No matter what - he always came and fixed it. Made it better. Made it right. Now I struggle and I find a empty empty hole that no one can fill. No one has ever in my life taken care of me as my Dad did. For now all I can do is take one step at a time.
I worry of my Sister Boo. She now is within my path ...we walk the same path - yet share two separate pasts, journeys .. there is no words to put it into prospective.
If she and I could try to speak of of our hearts as we are now - It would be rendered speechless ..because I think she and I share the same for now ..
We are both rendered at that same time losing our Fathers without warning ..Both our Dads left our lives within One day .. and No one can be prepared, nor can anyone recover. Words cannot describe all the feelings that rush into my head.
I so remember fondly when I was a little girl. My Dad always wore beautiful suits. He wore suits that made him look like Ricky Ricardo. They were not typical suits. He always shined his shoes with polish... I used to watch him take care of his shoes. He would come home after work and he would play Music * Music was huge in our house* and he would take me by my hands and say Dance with me.

I would stand on his shoes with my little bare feet and he would hold my hands .. and he would Dance and I would laugh and giggle - because my entire body would go UP and round and down and UP .. as he would SING the music to me..
First thing he would say as he came through the front door when I was little ..was Where's my Sweet Baby ..after he found my Mom. I was always there waiting for him to come home. My Dad always smelled like fresh cut limes or citrus his cologne.

When my Mom was not watching I used to go into my Dads closet and take one of his ties and put it around neck and put on his shoes and stand in front of his closet mirror .. and SMILE like the SUN ... puff my chest out and make faces into the Mirror .. and think to myself .. ONE Day I am going to be just like my Dad. Which meant fearless, strong, funny and kind.

My Dad would take me to the drug store and allow me to stand for 15 mins to pick out a comic book even when he knew I was not old enough to read. He never rushed me, He loved books.  He would do anything for me -even today. He was my Daddy. He will always be My Daddy. I so miss him.
Northern thank you.

My prayers are  with you Deenie.  What wonderful stories you shared, many of which I can relate to.  I understand.
[/quote]

Sorry Deenie, I messed up your post and Northern Roses'. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3421 on: June 22, 2009, 09:58:45 PM »

I came here tonight to offer prayers for all the monkeys that are hurting, sick, missing loved ones, depressed, have relatives sick and hurting, and those that are in danger.

I especially pray for Trimm, and Northern Rose. Deenie, Boo, Madre, Tevye, JSM, Green Eyes, Blue Moon, and so many others that mean so much to me. I want to include in my prayers all my monkey sisters and brothers for whatever their needs are in their lives.

I pray for our country to help guide us back to the principals that we were founded under. And for all people under oppression, especially the people of Iran. I pray for our soldier and their families. They have all sacrificed so much for us.

Amen

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #3422 on: June 23, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »

I have a friend who said she is watching me. She said her parents are alive, so she has been untouched by the death of a loved one. She sees the pain her friends are in when they have to deal with this issue. So I wrote her the following email. I hope it will help one of you.

If I had to tell you one thing, it would be to spend as much time with them as possible. Call them, email them, send them cards and notes through the mail. They really treasure communication the most in their twilight years. I have found unopened gifts and such through out the house. We thought we were bringing him into the Millennium with technology. He cared nothing for that, but he had every letter and card we sent him.

Ask questions about their life, I am shocked at the things we are finding out about my Dad. He was involved in so many projects from Kiwanis club to the Lakeshore School Educational fund. I want to hear his voice, he wasn't much for the camera but I'm going to have to ask my sisters for video. Take video and have them answer questions and recall their youth. It may be years after their passing for you to view it, but you will have it and you will be able to visit with them once again.

Call them constantly, check up on them. If only under the guise of you seeing what book they are reading or a simple question. At least you can go to sleep knowing they are OK at the moment. I wish I had gotten my father that Life Alert thing I saw on TV. He died alone, I have no idea if he suffered or if it was quick, the phone was in his kitchen and he hated his cell phone.

Have them get all their paperwork together in one file, my Dad did this and it was a blessing. If possible discuss what they want for their funeral. We all think about it, I have even mentioned to my daughter things I would like. Most children don't want to discuss it, it's too painful, but you have to know what they want, it will make things easier when the time comes. They don't want to leave you with difficult decisions, they want their affairs in order. No one wants their children to struggle with their issues and finances. Have them put your name on their accounts and a quick deed for the house. Life will be so much easier. Funerals are fricking expensive, so far it's close to $9,0000. Those pre-paid funerals aren't a bad idea. Dad kicked this around a few years ago, but decided to leave the money in the bank so it would gain additional interest. It's so hard to think straight making these decisions. Writing obits, writing a eulogy, trying to remember what year he was in the service or when he was Superintendent of Lakeshore Schools. So much to do in the space of a few days. Funerals are only 2 days now, things have changed.

Help them clean their home. It's difficult in the later years to bend over, catch that dust bunny, get rid of that stack of newspapers in the corner. As a present hire a crew to clean from top to bottom. Yeah they may bitch and complain, but man, nothing makes you feel better than a clean home, it gives you a sense of control again. Pay a lawn service to do all the outside stuff from lawn to bushes. It helps so much.

Sit with them and watch a movie or TV. My Dad had a list written of all these old movies he wanted to see. I love old movies and have seen quite a few on his list, I would have loved to watch them with him, but he never said a word. I always thought he was watching the news or golfing. Just bring over a munchie or dessert, kick back and hang with them. These are moments you will treasure forever.

Boo~My heart aches for your and Deenie in the loss of your fathers.....but I am so glad you shared this with everyone for it it so true. I'm not sure if you knew that I recently bought a house here and I knew my parents are moving here also to be near the grandkids.........so, I have been looking ever since I moved here (15 months) for the perfect house for all of us. I am so blessed to have found one, and I bought this one intentionally to move my mom and dad into the bottom apartment which is completely self contained. That way we will all have our own space. I know my time with them on this earth is limited and want to share every day, every sunset, every memory I can with them while I can. Your words just touched my heart that I had to share that with you, and I know everyone else will take your guidance to heart and remember and practice what you posted.

Hugs IM

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3423 on: June 23, 2009, 10:29:04 AM »

Sending up a special prayer today for Fanny Mae & Trimm who have special people having procedures today.  God bless you both and all who are suffering physically & emotionally.  an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3424 on: June 23, 2009, 09:16:28 PM »

For all my Sisters

Dear God,

The lady reading this is beautiful, classy and strong, and I love Her.

Help her live her life to the fullest.

Please promote Her and cause Her to excel above Her expectations.

Help her Shine in the darkest places where it is impossible to love.

Protect Her at all times, lift Her up when she needs You the most,

and let Her know when She walks with You, She will always be Safe.

And that she knows She is a Monkey  

Deenie

Love you Sister Deenie!  My heart is with you.  Thank you for sharing your pain and your love for your father with your Monkey friends who love you.

Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3425 on: June 23, 2009, 09:20:57 PM »

Island Monkey, your pictures were beautiful.  Praying for healing for you and your daughter and family.  You will never forget your precious Elijah, nor the lovely way you said goodbye to him on the beach...  Sweetest baby ever...  Hugs to you, and I'm so sorry for your tragic loss.

Prayers for Trimm, Fanny, Searching, and all Monkeys who need love and support right now.

Desi

Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3426 on: June 23, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

Boo, I want to offer you my most heartfelt condolences in the loss of your dear father.  Your posts in the Caylee thread were sweet and heartbreaking... May you cherish your memories and find peace again soon.

Your friend,
    Desi
    flower

BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3427 on: June 23, 2009, 10:24:25 PM »

Today was my Dad's funeral. I think he would have loved it from start to finish. It started out in his church, St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Dad was laid out for final viewing. Each of us wrote him a letter and put it in with him. I was surprised that my middle boy Jesse, also wrote a letter and put it in. Then we had the service and sang hymns. Afterward Dad was taken outside and we followed. There the military was waiting. They stood at attention and off to the side one of them began to play taps on his bugle. It was so perfect, so beautiful. Then the pastor said another prayer and spoke for a bit. The sun was hot and I was worried for all those elderly people, but they stood there with no complaint. Then the Military guys took the flag off the coffin and folded it up in such an incredible ceremony, so precise, so meticulous. They then presented to each other and the final officer gave the flag to Kim, my oldest sister. We then went inside and had a nice luncheon. After lunch we each got up and gave a speech. I was nervous and to me sounded breathy, but my family said I did a good job. Then a few others stood and told of a memory. One lady stood up and said Your Father was my first date!!! It brought a smile to our faces. We (sisters and husbands) went to the cemetery and said our last goodbyes. I then went home, exhausted. It's been a long day and I still have my Dad's watch on. But I think Dad would have approved of what we accomplished and how his special day went.

My son took pictures and I just downloaded them. In one of them is a little old man whom I found adorable. He said he trained my Dad in the Stephen Ministries, a program that helps people in need. He had a horn on his walker and had almost an angelic look to his face, he seemed to shine from the inside out. I wonder how often we entertain angels unawares? There was also an elderly woman that walked in before the service began and questioned if a member of the church died. My Dad's laying right there in an open casket!! Strange, she seemed to have a bit of dementia, so she repeated her question several times and my brother in law just smiled and answered her question again. She then wandered into the church and sat in the back. Another angel??

I believe angels surround us and play a part in our lives. Little do we know when the down on his luck person, who asks for a cup of coffee, or a little one in line in front of you who doesn't have enough money to pay for his purchase is an angel sent to teach us a lesson.   They might even come in an elderly form to bring a smile to your face or make you think twice of the blessings you have. Fear not, God is with you. If he cares so much for the sparrow, how much more his child?

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
BooMonkey
Monkey All Star Jr.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

« Reply #3428 on: June 23, 2009, 10:27:39 PM »

I'm sorry my posts are so long. This will be the last one I promise. But I feel led to share my eulogy that I wrote for my Dad. I hope you don't mind.

Dad’s Eulogy June 23, 2009

I find that it's been a very difficult and peculiar thing to write a eulogy for my father. It's taken several days for me to be able to find a place within myself to even begin to consider what to write. Upon finally considering this honor, I found myself feeling gratitude for what it allowed me to recall, understand, and appreciate.

My father accomplished countless things in his life and this is because he lived a life of service. He was simply Open at all times to helping people find their way in life. He did this with a commitment to Christ as his Savior and with a conviction that all things are possible.

As an adult, I find that I have a regret of missing the vast opportunity to actively engage with my father in his life's focus. To me, he was simply my father, the man who helped raise me through the death of my Mother and the battles of life that were to follow. Through much of my life, I struggled with my feelings toward him because of my own anger and shortcomings. Thankfully, over the last several years, we had worked past the differences and my father and I came to a reconciliation with each other, something that I'm so glad to have shared with him, especially in light of his sudden and untimely death.

I hold countless memories from growing up with him as a child. He introduced me to fishing on the shores of Lake St. Clair, camping, watching Lost in Space and the Ed Sullivan Show, ice skating at the Lewis's house and warm Cashews in a paper cup as we wandered through the tool department at Sears. Later, he supported me in through my divorce and career choices. Through it all, he gave me my sense of honor, my devotion to understanding, my work ethic and my breath.

I'm compelled to describe my father as a compassionate warrior. He devoted his life to pursuing a complete understanding of whatever he applied himself towards, and then he championed those causes with all the resources at his disposal.

I miss his presence in this physical life, but I live with him in spirit. I look forward to walking with him again when I leave this earth.

I end with an article I cut out years ago and put next to my father's picture in my bookcase because it reminded me of him:

Cary Grant closed his "conversation" with a piece he called A Meditation clearly stating that he did not know who wrote it, but it expressed his own sentiments about growing older.

"Now Lord, you've known me a long time.  You know me better than I know myself.  You know that each day I am growing older and someday may even be very old, so meanwhile please keep me from the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.

"Release me from trying to straighten out everyone's affairs.  Make me thoughtful, but not moody, helpful but not overbearing.  I've a certain amount of knowledge to share; still it would be very nice to have a few friends who, at the end, recognized and forgave the knowledge I lacked.

"Keep my tongue free from the recital of endless details.  Seal my lips on my aches and pains: They increase daily and the need to speak of them becomes almost a compulsion.  I ask for grace enough to listen to the retelling of others' afflictions, and to be helped to endure them with patience.

"I would like to have improved memory, but I'll settle for growing humility and an ability to capitulate when my memory clashes with the memory of others.  Teach me the glorious lesson that on some occasions, I may be mistaken.

"Keep me reasonably kind; I've never aspired to be a saint ... saints must be rather difficult to live with ... yet on the other hand, an embittered old person is a constant burden.

"Please give me the ability to see good in unlikely places and talents in unexpected people.  And give me the grace to tell them so, dear Lord."

Thank you Monkeys for your outpouring of love and understanding.

"but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -Atticus Finch
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3429 on: June 24, 2009, 06:02:52 AM »

Oh Boo -- both posts were just beautiful and touching --

(((Hugs))) to you and Deenie. 

Fanny, I am so happy that hubs did well yesterday. 

I am praying for all Monkeys and am so thankful for all our blessings as well.  May God tap you on the shoulder this morning and let you know He loves you and is walking with you.

Love,
Pooks
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #3430 on: June 25, 2009, 03:30:02 AM »

Boo You and I
I think the reason of me Joining SM was of a calling - Was Caylee " My only reason "
Caylee brought You and I together and it was her Will that is very much alive to promote love- and now we stand together. Both of us within 10 days apart losing our Fathers suddenly. Caylee our precious Baby brought you and I together for a reason. I love my Sister.
God Bless Caylee
God Bless Boo and her Family & Mine

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3431 on: June 25, 2009, 12:56:21 PM »

DEENIE, I come here today to pray for you on the passing of Farah F. I know how much she meant to you and that you asked for prayers for her and you one night. I have been doing this since that night, and prayed her passing would be easy. I just wanted you to know I am thinking and praying for you today and hopes that somehow makes it easier for you.

I know you are still grieving the lost of your daddy too. I am praying that it will ease soon for you, and that soon it won't feel so overwhelming.   an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3432 on: June 25, 2009, 01:05:25 PM »

BOO, I have read everyone of your's and DEENIE's posts about your daddy's passing. Sometimes I have responded, and sometimes I have just silently cried and prayed for you both. You have both put in words so beautifully what you daddy's have meant to you and you have given us a peek into your personal lives. It has enriched us all to hear you wise words. I am glad to be a Sacred Monkey and to have this place to come to.

I hope in days to come that the veil will lift from your lives and that you can feel the freedom of happiness will come again to you. You will never forget you daddy's, the hole will still be there, but you will get used to it and will be able to move on. Both of you, give yourself some time.

With Love,
Fanny         an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3433 on: June 25, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »

Thank you all for the kind wishes and prayers for my hubby on his proceedure this week. Thanks to all the prayers and God's mercy, he is fine. Some of you left prayers for us in Musings, Caylee's thread, and on JSM's thread, and I want to thank you all and tell you that my whole family read them all. You are a great bunch of caring monkeys!  an angelic monkey

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3434 on: June 25, 2009, 08:20:38 PM »

Boo I have read your touching words and I appreciate them.
God Bless.
can.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3435 on: June 25, 2009, 10:52:20 PM »

Bearly,I am saying a special prayer for you .   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3436 on: June 26, 2009, 04:02:41 PM »

BEARLY, I am sending out prayers for you today too. I don't know what the need is, but I am praying that whatever it is will be resolved. Positve prayer is going up for you today.  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3437 on: June 26, 2009, 04:43:33 PM »

BEARLY, I am sending out prayers for you today too. I don't know what the need is, but I am praying that whatever it is will be resolved. Positve prayer is going up for you today.  an angelic monkey
My thoughts and prayers are with you as well  an angelic monkey
da sparkenator
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3438 on: June 26, 2009, 07:03:03 PM »

Hello Everybody

I haven't been posting for a while but I still lurk.

I am asking humbly for prayers . . . I had to put my beloved dog Rudy down on Tuesday morning.  It broke my heart.  I feel nothing but a big fat hole in my heart.

Rudy I miss you!!!

I have attached a picture of him.  I sometimes used his picture for my icon.

Karen/Da Sparkenator

What day is it?  How long have I been here?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3439 on: June 26, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »

Da Sparkenator,I am so sorry for the pain you are in.I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers,and it is good to see you.  an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.