March 18, 2024, 09:14:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938282 times)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3720 on: September 03, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »

CECE, My old friend, you knew what I would love and you remembered. I am listening to it right now, and I am crying.  I am so grateful for your kind words and prayers. I am trying very hard to get back to my old self, and I know your prayers and thoughtful words are helping. Each scene of the beautiful flowers are like a bouquet just for me. Thank you. I will be forever grateful.  an angelic monkey

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3721 on: September 03, 2009, 01:54:24 PM »

Fanny Mae ~ I miss you so much that I can hardly stand it.  I'm so sorry you are feeling the way that you are.  Your life has been a series of trials and tribulations and God has given you the strenth and courage to fight.  May God shine his light upon you now and let you know that you are not alone and give you strenth to carry on.  I know that I am not the best writer and do not have that gift of saying the perfect thing at the perfect time.  But please know that you and your family are always in my prayers and my heart is aching for you. 

With Love,
Lovinlife 

LOVIN, You said exactly the right words. I miss you too, and all my monkey friends. I did feel your prayers and thoughts, and I still do. I will be around a little more now. Sometimes we are strong to hold others up, and sometimes we need others to help hold us up. Right now I am needing the support, and I thank you so much for being there.  an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3722 on: September 03, 2009, 02:14:16 PM »

KAT_GRAM, Thank you for your wise, thoughtful words. I thought I was taking care of myself, but I realize I haven't. There is so many ways that I wan't that I can't even list them. I was just going through the motions of life, and trying to distract myself instead of listening to my inner self.

I haven't cross-stitched in over a year, and to me it was a type of meditation. I got discouraged with doing it, because when I finished a piece, I couldn't afford to get it framed. However, to me it was almost like painting because you take a plain piece of fabric, and create a beautiful picture. I am going to go to the garage and dig out my supplies and start a new piece, even if I can't frame it.

My son went with me to the library yesterday, and I got several of Patricia Cornwell's latest books to read. I used to read one of her novels as soon as it came out, and I can't believe how many I have not read. I am halfway through the first one, with four more to go.

You are right about the angels in our life. And I do have some in mine. My family has been very understanding of me, and have put up with me, and listened to me, and know what I have been going through. They have shared my hurt and disappointment, and have let me be when I needed my space.

You are right, Angels are among us. We just have to look. I thank you for your prayers and words. I know you have been going through some challenges in your own life, and I appreciate you taking the time to post about mine. I will pray for you too.  an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3723 on: September 03, 2009, 02:15:45 PM »

Look for the angels in your life.  I like that very much!
 an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #3724 on: September 03, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »

My Dear Fannie Mae,

My heart felt prayers to you. I am not very good with words, but know you are in my prayers. May you find your peace and joy again soon. I do know how it feels to have your life spinning out of control on you. All I can say is God will get it though this what ever it might be. I feel that you have been the rock in your family so long and it's hard to keep up that strength. Some times when you have been so strong for so long and everything seems to be going smoother is when we fall down. Here on Monkeys you have made lots of friends and we all care about you. I know it's easy to say hand over your problems to God he will see you thru and very hard to really do it. If you can it, you will feel our peace and joy again. As my Priest told me we only grow when we make it thru the rough times, it's nice to have no worries. But life in Gods eye's is about growing. Those aren't his exact words but I hope you get what I am trying to say. Please take some time for YOU. Am praying for you and your family. May God Bless you and watch over you.
God Bless
GE

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3725 on: September 03, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »

My Dear Fannie Mae,

My heart felt prayers to you. I am not very good with words, but know you are in my prayers. May you find your peace and joy again soon. I do know how it feels to have your life spinning out of control on you. All I can say is God will get it though this what ever it might be. I feel that you have been the rock in your family so long and it's hard to keep up that strength. Some times when you have been so strong for so long and everything seems to be going smoother is when we fall down. Here on Monkeys you have made lots of friends and we all care about you. I know it's easy to say hand over your problems to God he will see you thru and very hard to really do it. If you can it, you will feel our peace and joy again. As my Priest told me we only grow when we make it thru the rough times, it's nice to have no worries. But life in Gods eye's is about growing. Those aren't his exact words but I hope you get what I am trying to say. Please take some time for YOU. Am praying for you and your family. May God Bless you and watch over you.
God Bless
GE

GREEN EYES, Your kind words to me mean more to me that my own words can say. I know you have had experience with rough times, or you could not say the words to touch me so. Thank you for understanding and being able to point me in the right direction. I am not used to being the needy one, and it is a very humbling experience. Thank God, my family have been understanding, but I know it has also been very worrying and upsetting for them too. I know that prayer works, and I thank you so much for yours.   an angelic monkey

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3726 on: September 03, 2009, 08:17:50 PM »

SISTER, I haven't been back since I posted, but I knew you would be praying for me. I took some time off and just depended on the fact there would be prayers for me here. You are ever vigilant on the Prayer thread, and your thougthful words say all the things I wish I could.

I hope your mother's pain has eased, and she is on her way to recovery. I know Connie is ever on her mind, and also yours. I pray Connie's pain is easing on her arm also. I hate to say it is a good thing, but it is, as the nerves in her arm are attempting to heal. It happend in my hubby's effected arm also. But, in our experience, it didn't last long, and hope that is the case with Connie.

I wanted you to know that at times I have had trouble lighting a candle for Connie. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't, and I cannot explain why. But I wanted you to know even if you don't see a candle from me, I still have her in my prayers.  And of course, you are too.   an angelic monkey

Fanny Mae, Northern Rose, and all my Monkey friends -- thank you for your continued prayers for my Mom, my sister Connie, and me.  I too have tried to light candles for Connie and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  But, the candle is there to help us focus and your prayers availeth much.  I am so tired right now, but in my spirit I am thanking the Lord for bringing me to this site and for all the prayers you say.  Blessings.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3727 on: September 04, 2009, 08:36:47 AM »

Fanny Mae, Northern Rose, and all my Monkey friends -- thank you for your continued prayers for my Mom, my sister Connie, and me.  I too have tried to light candles for Connie and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  But, the candle is there to help us focus and your prayers availeth much.  I am so tired right now, but in my spirit I am thanking the Lord for bringing me to this site and for all the prayers you say.  Blessings.

Everfaithful SISTER, You are always in my prayers.  an angelic monkey

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3728 on: September 05, 2009, 03:44:19 PM »

Monkeys

When circumstances overwhelm me ... God's Word reminds me that He is the rock that keeps me grounded in life's storms and ... He affords the strength to endure.  I only need to bow and reach up.

Sincerely
Janet

+++++++

Hebrews 6:19
Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul,
both sure and stedfast ...

WILL YOUR ANCHOR HOLD?

Will your anchor hold in the storms of life,
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife?
When the strong tides lift, and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift or firm remain?

We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Stedfast and sure while the billows roll,
Fastened to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Savior's love.

It is safely moored, 'twill the storm withstand,
For 'tis well secured by the Savior's hand;
And the cables passed from His heart to mine,
Can defy the blast, through strength divine.

It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,
When the breakers have told the reef is near;
Though the tempest rave and the wild winds blow,
Not an angry wave shall our bark o'erflow.

It will surely hold in the floods of death,
When the waters cold chill our latest breath;
On the rising tide it can never fail,
While our hopes abide within the veil.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3729 on: September 05, 2009, 08:39:20 PM »

O God, you have given us gifts that go largely unused, you woo us with expectations that go largely unmet, and you pursue us with opportunities that go largely unanswered.  Help us to not esteem lightly those whom you esteem highly, downgrade those whom you upgrade, or expect little of those whom you expect much.  So, instead of debating our value, we choose simply to thank you.  We thank you for your gracious gifts, we thank you for your lofty expectations, and we thank you for your relentless opportunities -- for loving us too deeply and too dearly to leave us alone.
We live in a world that is often dead, blind, and mute.  For this we are deeply sorry, but we have helped to make it so.  By our action and by our inaction, we have aggravated its afflictions.  We have closed our ears to its harsh noises, shielded our eyes from its ugly sights, and remained tongue-tied before its vile deeds.
On this day precious souls have returned to you.  Their leaving was as thieves in the night, dark, harsh, torturous, hideous, and filled with screams of pain.  As these sounds grow louder, help our hearing to grow sharp; as the liars grow powerful, help our speaking to grow bold -- so that justice might finds its voice.  Help us to know the futility of pious words that are unaccompanied by righteous deeds so that we will no longer treat crossbearing as an option.  Make us useful within the gates of your righteousness, so that justice will reign through the land.  In the most high name of Jesus.  Amen and Amen.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3730 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:03 PM »

O God, you have given us gifts that go largely unused, you woo us with expectations that go largely unmet, and you pursue us with opportunities that go largely unanswered.  Help us to not esteem lightly those whom you esteem highly, downgrade those whom you upgrade, or expect little of those whom you expect much.  So, instead of debating our value, we choose simply to thank you.  We thank you for your gracious gifts, we thank you for your lofty expectations, and we thank you for your relentless opportunities -- for loving us too deeply and too dearly to leave us alone.
We live in a world that is often dead, blind, and mute.  For this we are deeply sorry, but we have helped to make it so.  By our action and by our inaction, we have aggravated its afflictions.  We have closed our ears to its harsh noises, shielded our eyes from its ugly sights, and remained tongue-tied before its vile deeds.
On this day precious souls have returned to you.  Their leaving was as thieves in the night, dark, harsh, torturous, hideous, and filled with screams of pain.  As these sounds grow louder, help our hearing to grow sharp; as the liars grow powerful, help our speaking to grow bold -- so that justice might finds its voice.  Help us to know the futility of pious words that are unaccompanied by righteous deeds so that we will no longer treat crossbearing as an option.  Make us useful within the gates of your righteousness, so that justice will reign through the land.  In the most high name of Jesus.  Amen and Amen.

I wish I had words like Sister to be able to say in such an eloquent way how much I am praying for all who are in need and are hurting. This is such a special place to be able to come and meditate. Just know that there are prayers going up from me and my wishes are that anyone reading my words, know you are not alone or forgotten.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3731 on: September 07, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »

Fanny, Trimm, and other Monkeys -- thank you so much for continuing to light candles for my sister Connie.  I do appreciate your faithfulness in prayer too.  In my spiritual mind, I see our prayers going up into the throne room as smoke spiraling through the heavenlies, and they are caught in this large bowl by one of God's angels and placed at His feet.  In my spiritual mind, I see His feet and sense the presence of Jesus as He speaks with our Father about our needs.  This is a wonderful place.  Next to the angel holding the prayer bowl is the angel with the bottle that is holding all of our tears.  To visualize this gives me reassurance that our Father knows are thoughts and holds within His grasp our every tear.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3732 on: September 09, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

Good morning, Lord.  I thank you for this day in which you have given me the privilege to partake.  I thank you for the rain that falls and nourishes our earth, I thank you for your living water.  I thank you for the sun that shines, I thank you for being the Son of God.
This day searches begin for those who are lost, guide those who search and comfort the lost.  This day justice is being sought in courts, open the eyes of all who seek truth.  This day hearts will be overwhelmed in sorrow, surround the souls of all who mourn.  This day people will be reunited, give each one a heart of gladness.  Help us to be thankful of our blessings.  Amen and Amen.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3733 on: September 09, 2009, 12:39:36 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.

Often when the going gets rough and discouragment sets in ... I sometimes forget that my Forever Friend is silently waiting in the shadows for me to bow... reach up and ... share my burdens.

Sincerely, Janet

+++++++

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this,
that a man lay down his life for his friends.

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

What a Friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?  Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged; take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful?  Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness; take it to the Lord in prayer!

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do your friends despise, forsake you?  Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In His arms He’ll take and shield you; you will find a solace there.

Blessed Savior, Thou hast promised, Thou wilt all our burdens bear.
May we ever, Lord, be bringing all to Thee in earnest prayer.
Soon in glory bright unclouded, there will be no need for prayer. Rapture, praise and endless worship will be our sweet portion there.

Words by Jo­seph M. Scriv­en

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3734 on: September 10, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »

O God, you know all things and are not destroyed; you understand all things and are not desolate.  For that which is destroyed you re-create, and that which is made desolate you restore.  How I envy you your strength, O God.  And how I despair in my own fragility.  Often what I know condemns me, confuses me, conquers me.  Often what I understand is so overwhelming that I run from it, so isolating that I abandon it, so incomplete that I surrender it.  Intellect strives to govern my heart, and my heart rebels; my heart struggles to rule my intellect, and my intellect resists.  Common sense contends with sentiment, they vie for control.  Little do they realize that neither of them alone is sufficient.  O God, I am the Joab of this night.  Sometimes I am loyal to my emotions, but only until my heart begins to break; then I become hard in order to guard it from harm, never minding the injury my hardness inflicts.  Then, at other times, my reason reigns supreme, but often at the cost of being only half of who I am.  Unable to link thought and feeling, practicality and personality, it is not long before I have slain a wayward Absalom, against the command of love.  Make me whole, Lord, and I will be strong.  Send to me, as to David, your messenger.  Remind me to be grateful for every thing you are doing within Connie.  Remind me that your Word will open the way between my head and my heart so that I may help to re-create what has been destroyed within Connie and to restore her so she no longer feels desolate.  I humbly ask this for my sake, for Connie's sake, for your sake.  Thank you for being with me here and now.  Amen and Amen.

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3735 on: September 11, 2009, 09:37:21 AM »

Prayers for the family and friends of loved ones lost on 9/11

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/18cMCqcL4SQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/18cMCqcL4SQ&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1</a>

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3736 on: September 11, 2009, 10:32:36 AM »

By President George W. Bush, 9/12/2001

President Bush's comments last night in a nationally televised address:

Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in airplanes or in their offices. Secretaries, business men and women, military and federal workers. Moms and dads. Friends and neighbors.

Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The pictures of airplanes flying into buildings, fires burning, huge structures collapsing, have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger.

These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed. Our country is strong. A great people has been moved to defend a great nation.

Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts shatter steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.

America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world. And no one will keep that light from shining.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature, and we responded with the best of America, with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working in New York City and Washington, D.C., to help with local rescue efforts.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.

The functions of our government continue without interruption. Federal agencies in Washington, which had to be evacuated today, are reopening for essential personnel tonight and will be open for business tomorrow.

Our financial institutions remain strong, and the American economy will be open for business as well.

The search is underway for those who are behind these evil acts. I've directed the full resources for our intelligence and law enforcement communities to find those responsible and bring them to justice. We will make no distinction between the terrorists who committed these acts and those who harbor them.

I appreciate so very much the members of Congress who have joined me in strongly condemning these attacks. And on behalf of the American people, I thank the many world leaders who have called to offer their condolences and assistance.

America and our friends and allies join with all those who want peace and security in the world and we stand together to win the war against terrorism.

Tonight I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: ''Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for you are with me.''

This is a day when all Americans from every walk of life unite in our resolve for justice and peace. America has stood down enemies before, and we will do so this time.

None of us will ever forget this day, yet we go forward to defend freedom and all that is good and just in our world.

Thank you. Good night and God bless America

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3737 on: September 11, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

The Attack on America September 11, 2001 … DO YOU REMEMBER, PLEASE DO NOT EVER FORGET

Eight years ago this morning, September 11, 2001 it was cool beautiful Fall morning when it happened. Then it happened again.  Please take time in your day to remember and reflect back on that day and the following days after September 11. Take time to remember and say a prayer ...

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2009/09/11/the-attack-on-america-september-11-2001-do-you-remember-please-do-not-ever-forget/

_____

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3738 on: September 11, 2009, 03:01:54 PM »

September 11, 2001 - I remember the horror of that day and pray that it is never repeated.
God bless America!

floridatreasure9
Scared Monkey

I miss you my Precious Butchie

« Reply #3739 on: September 14, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »

Fanny, Trimm, and other Monkeys -- thank you so much for continuing to light candles for my sister Connie.  I do appreciate your faithfulness in prayer too.  In my spiritual mind, I see our prayers going up into the throne room as smoke spiraling through the heavenlies, and they are caught in this large bowl by one of God's angels and placed at His feet.  In my spiritual mind, I see His feet and sense the presence of Jesus as He speaks with our Father about our needs.  This is a wonderful place.  Next to the angel holding the prayer bowl is the angel with the bottle that is holding all of our tears.  To visualize this gives me reassurance that our Father knows are thoughts and holds within His grasp our every tear.

Sweet Sister, I am keeping you, your Mother and your sister Connie in my prayers. Would mind giving me the link to light a candle for Connie, I would greatly appreciate it and would love to light one for her. Blessing to you Sister for all of the blessings you give to all of us here through your spiritfilled prayers
Michelle     an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.