March 18, 2024, 11:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938352 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4680 on: November 19, 2011, 02:49:10 PM »

Darla's tumor was benign!     Great news!  Thanks Sunny!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4681 on: November 19, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »

Great news that Darla's tumor is benign!  So sorry to hear about her son and my prayers go out to both of them.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4682 on: November 19, 2011, 04:13:19 PM »

Glad to hear Darla's tumor is benign and her surgery is behind her.  Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Prayers for her and Brandon. 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4683 on: November 19, 2011, 07:46:34 PM »

Glad to hear Darla's tumor is benign and her surgery is behind her.  Wishing her a speedy recovery.

Prayers for her and Brandon. 
Amen and Amen.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4684 on: November 20, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.

++++++

You Will Never Walk Alone

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk

You'll never walk
You'll never walk alone.

Michael Ball

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #4685 on: November 20, 2011, 06:31:46 PM »

Stopping in for a few minutes to Thank all of you for your prayers.
My son is doing much better today. We had a scare last night with low oxygen levels, the surgeon thought he may have a blood clot in his lung, but one wasn't found so they continued to monitor him and the sat's came back up. They had changed his dressing yesterday afternoon and repacked the entrance wound and exit wound and think maybe the stress and pain may have been the culprit. His liver has some damage and an artery to his stomach had a tear in it which they repaired during surgery. He still has the bullet lodged in his bicep . He was shot with a 357 magnum bullet. The bullet entered his body in his right chest area right below his breast. it hit a rib, without breaking it, hit the liver and artery and exited on his left chest right below his left breast and into his arm. Only by the Grace of our awesome Lord in Heaven is he alive today with no damage to his heart or lungs or other vital organs.
I had my surgery for the tumor removal Thursday morning the 17th. Brandon had taken me to the hospital and stayed with me until I was back in my room and settled. He left me about 2 pm and went on to work an afternoon shift. He and 3 other officers were on their dinner break and seated in the back dining room along with another family with children. When the robber came in the front yelling,  two of the officers confronted the robber who had a young girl at gunpoint. Brandon was trying to get the family down on the floor under a table and started for the entrance when the gunman started shooting with 2 weapons. A shot came through the wall in the dining room and struck him. The robber was shot in the face but it was more of a grazing  shot. He was able to escape and was not caught for about 6 hours.

I praise God and have thanked him over and over for his Amazing Grace to my precious son. He was airlifted to the nearest Trauma  Center ,not where I was a patient. My daughter called me and let me know that he had been shot and that he was going to be ok. They finally gave me something to knock me out about 1am, as I was determined to get to the trauma center. I was discharged the next morning and was able to be with my son for a few hours. I had to touch him and see with my own eyes that he was alive. He and I both have a ways to go to be back up to our old selves again. But by the Grace of God we are still together.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we both recover. God Bless you all. And know you are in my prayers. I will check back in a day or so when I am home.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4686 on: November 20, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »

Darla

Sending gentle hugs to you and your son and praying for a speedy and full recovery!  an angelic monkey
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4687 on: November 21, 2011, 11:31:05 AM »

Darla, I can't even begin to imagine the horror of what you and your family are going through.  I know I shouldn't be amazed, but I am . . . when I was reading your account of how the bullet traveled . . . amazing is our God!
Continued prayers for you, Brandon, and your entire family!

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4688 on: November 23, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »

Each day I do strive to apply Beth Holloway's "philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength" to the challenges in my life ... philosophies that can be found within the pages of her book.  I often fail miserably but with the dawning of another new day I remind myself ... "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." and ... I crawl out of bed.

Blessings to All

Janet

+++++

Imagine

Beth Holloway - In Person and In Her Own Words

When her daughter went missing in Aruba, her life changed forever.  How does one muster the courage to persevere in the face of sheer adversity?  Do we all have the capacity to overcome tragedy?  How does one keep going?  You will be uplifed by the remarkable story of Beth Holloway.  How does she stay strong.  Imagine being able to apply her philosophies of courage, dedication, faith and strength to your own life.

http://waterfordpolice.org/cms/images/forms/bethholloway2_1.pdf

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway

Page 231-232
: I can't say for sure if we'll ever know that answer to whether my daughter is alive or not.  I know it doesn't look good.  But just as that old metal spiral staircase rose from the ashes when our lake house burned down, so too faith stands strong in the remains of this devastating loss.  And just as my Dad built another house around that staircase, I will build another life around hope and faith.  It won't ever be the same.  But I pray that it will, at the very least, be useful.

The hope that filled Natalee's heart fills mine, and I will press on.  Faith got me up this morning, and faith will see me through tomorrow.  And the next day.  And the next.  I love Natalee and miss her very much. 

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4689 on: November 24, 2011, 09:39:14 AM »

Special thoughts and prayers for all the folks who read here, including our guests.  May you be blessed to abundance on this Thanksgiving Day and always.

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4690 on: November 25, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »

Prayers being sent to all of the mentioned needs and to all of the unwritten needs.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4691 on: November 25, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »

Darla

My prayers for you and your son. He is a true hero. God bless him. an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4692 on: November 26, 2011, 01:33:42 AM »

My son is doing much better today. We had a scare last night with low oxygen levels, the surgeon thought he may have a blood clot in his lung, but one wasn't found so they continued to monitor him and the sat's came back up. They had changed his dressing yesterday afternoon and repacked the entrance wound and exit wound and think maybe the stress and pain may have been the culprit. His liver has some damage and an artery to his stomach had a tear in it which they repaired during surgery. He still has the bullet lodged in his bicep . He was shot with a 357 magnum bullet. The bullet entered his body in his right chest area right below his breast. it hit a rib, without breaking it, hit the liver and artery and exited on his left chest right below his left breast and into his arm. Only by the Grace of our awesome Lord in Heaven is he alive today with no damage to his heart or lungs or other vital organs.
I had my surgery for the tumor removal Thursday morning the 17th. Brandon had taken me to the hospital and stayed with me until I was back in my room and settled. He left me about 2 pm and went on to work an afternoon shift. He and 3 other officers were on their dinner break and seated in the back dining room along with another family with children. When the robber came in the front yelling,  two of the officers confronted the robber who had a young girl at gunpoint. Brandon was trying to get the family down on the floor under a table and started for the entrance when the gunman started shooting with 2 weapons. A shot came through the wall in the dining room and struck him. The robber was shot in the face but it was more of a grazing  shot. He was able to escape and was not caught for about 6 hours.

I praise God and have thanked him over and over for his Amazing Grace to my precious son. He was airlifted to the nearest Trauma  Center ,not where I was a patient. My daughter called me and let me know that he had been shot and that he was going to be ok. They finally gave me something to knock me out about 1am, as I was determined to get to the trauma center. I was discharged the next morning and was able to be with my son for a few hours. I had to touch him and see with my own eyes that he was alive. He and I both have a ways to go to be back up to our old selves again. But by the Grace of God we are still together.
Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we both recover. God Bless you all. And know you are in my prayers. I will check back in a day or so when I am home.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for you both Darla.  Prayers of thanks for both of you being on the road to recovery as well. 

Thank you so much for sharing with us.   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #4693 on: November 26, 2011, 01:35:53 AM »

Prayers for IBE, NM, and kittynephew as well; and for all of those that are unspoken.

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4694 on: November 26, 2011, 02:18:19 PM »

God bless your brave and honorable son.  May he heal quickly.  And God bless his loving Mom.  May you find peace in this situation.  May you take pride in having raise a man willing to stand between innocent children and evil.  May you always see God's guiding hand in your life.  Praises to God for your good news on the tumor.  How great is our GOD!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #4695 on: November 27, 2011, 12:28:43 AM »

Please pray for my family.  My husband took a spill this evening and broke his arm at the elbow.  We spent several hours at the local ER.  The doc there wanted to send him to have surgery but couldn't find a bigger hospital with an ortho that would do it tonight.  The two he talked to gave him differing opinions on how to splint it with one suggesting he see us Monday and the other saying he see us until next Thursday.  Hubbs is in a great deal of pain even with meds.  We had a nurse and the xray tech tell us that they would drive the two hours to a larger hospital if it were their family.  Hubbs decided to try to wait until Monday.  I just worry as there is a definite fragment floating around his elbow.  It's impossible for him to straighten the arm.  My son was with him when it happened.  He feels responsible.  Its difficult to help a 9 yr old with an overactive conscience understand that accidents can happen to anyone anywhere.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4696 on: November 27, 2011, 04:21:09 AM »

Please pray for my family.  My husband took a spill this evening and broke his arm at the elbow.  We spent several hours at the local ER.  The doc there wanted to send him to have surgery but couldn't find a bigger hospital with an ortho that would do it tonight.  The two he talked to gave him differing opinions on how to splint it with one suggesting he see us Monday and the other saying he see us until next Thursday.  Hubbs is in a great deal of pain even with meds.  We had a nurse and the xray tech tell us that they would drive the two hours to a larger hospital if it were their family.  Hubbs decided to try to wait until Monday.  I just worry as there is a definite fragment floating around his elbow.  It's impossible for him to straighten the arm.  My son was with him when it happened.  He feels responsible.  Its difficult to help a 9 yr old with an overactive conscience understand that accidents can happen to anyone anywhere.

Prayers for your husband and son. Please take care of yourself.  an angelic monkey

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4697 on: November 27, 2011, 06:54:07 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear of your husband's accident, KittyMom.     Prayers  going out  for him and for your family.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4698 on: November 27, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »

Father Almighty, as we greet this new day you have blessed us with, we give you praise.  Help our eyes to seek the beauty you provide, help us use the minds you have given us, and help us to continue to put all our trust in you.  Kittymom's family are going through a most difficult time O Lord, but then you know all about it, don't you?  Guide them to the doctor who will be a healer of Kittymom's husband as your wisdom can flow from us.  Help their son to have a peace within his spirit that will become a strong current to understanding accidents do happen.  Thank you Jesus for being with us no matter the circumstances and give Kittymom a special anointing of your comfort.  We ask this in you name.  Amen and Amen.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4699 on: November 27, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »

Prayers for all Monkees in need.   an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.