March 18, 2024, 07:42:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938202 times)
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5020 on: July 30, 2015, 10:29:19 AM »

Blue Moon, standing on the sidelines is so very hard.  I am so praying for your sister.
There are moments in life when we wish we could "make it better" or "fix it" or even take someone's place.  This is certainly a time when our faith is tested to the max.  Parents suffer so much as it doesn't seem like the circle of life would permit a child to die before their parents.  Even knowing as we do that can happen, it doesn't make it easier.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #5021 on: July 31, 2015, 12:15:17 PM »

I'm so sorry about your nephews accident, Blue Moon! 

Praying for healing and strength for all of you to get through this.

Thanks TM.  I emailed my sister today and asked her if she was doing o.k.  She has some medical issues herself.  She emailed me back and said it keeps getting worse by the minute.  She said "I am scared".  It broke my heart.  Luckily we have a brother that lives in Louisville and he is making her go to his house and get some sleep and eat.  It is so bad and it could have all been prevented. 

Just heartbreaking!   

Praying for all of you to be lifted up, and given the strength to carry each other through this.  (((HUGS)))

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5022 on: July 31, 2015, 10:54:48 PM »

Blue Moon, standing on the sidelines is so very hard.  I am so praying for your sister.
There are moments in life when we wish we could "make it better" or "fix it" or even take someone's place.  This is certainly a time when our faith is tested to the max.  Parents suffer so much as it doesn't seem like the circle of life would permit a child to die before their parents.  Even knowing as we do that can happen, it doesn't make it easier.

Thanks sister, it is ending the way I figured it would.  No brain stem activity.  Respirator will probably come off Monday.  Again, no parent should ever have to make this decision. 

Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5023 on: July 31, 2015, 10:58:59 PM »

Thanks TM.  I emailed my sister today and asked her if she was doing o.k.  She has some medical issues herself.  She emailed me back and said it keeps getting worse by the minute.  She said "I am scared".  It broke my heart.  Luckily we have a brother that lives in Louisville and he is making her go to his house and get some sleep and eat.  It is so bad and it could have all been prevented. 

Just heartbreaking!   

Praying for all of you to be lifted up, and given the strength to carry each other through this.  (((HUGS)))

It is so very heartbreaking TM.  There is nothing I can do to change what has happened.  The respirator will come off Monday.  Such a dark time.  I called my brother tonight and told him to tell his two sons to heed what has happened here, don't think for a minute this can never happen to them, tell them never get on their atv's without their helmet.  I hope they listen. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5024 on: August 01, 2015, 01:15:08 AM »

Thanks sister, it is ending the way I figured it would.  No brain stem activity.  Respirator will probably come off Monday.  Again, no parent should ever have to make this decision. 

Blue Moon, I am so sorry to hear this.  My heart breaks for your family. I was praying for a miracle. I don't know what to say, besides Prayers for you all. You are right NO PARENT should ever have to make that decision.   

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5025 on: August 01, 2015, 06:32:24 AM »

Blue Moon - so sad to learn of your nephew.  Prayers for him, his Mom and all the family.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5026 on: August 01, 2015, 07:15:58 AM »

Hi Can...I have not been here regularly....is Connie ok?

Hi cookie.  Always good to see you.

Some time ago it became necessary for Connie to live in a care facility. 
As far as I know, Sister has not posted recently about Connie.
She did express her deep disappointment that the candle site service has stopped.

All the best to you and your family, cookie.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5027 on: August 01, 2015, 07:55:37 AM »

I'm so very sorry BlueMoon.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5028 on: August 01, 2015, 10:56:44 PM »

Just heartbreaking!   

It is so very heartbreaking TM.  There is nothing I can do to change what has happened.  The respirator will come off Monday.  Such a dark time.  I called my brother tonight and told him to tell his two sons to heed what has happened here, don't think for a minute this can never happen to them, tell them never get on their atv's without their helmet.  I hope they listen. 

I hope they listen too, Blue Moon.  And that other lives may be saved as well.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5029 on: August 02, 2015, 11:49:40 AM »

She did express her deep disappointment that the candle site service has stopped.

Good afternoon,

Connie is doing okay -- she is living in a nursing home now.  Her physical condition continues to deteriorate because she won't leave her room except to go to the vending machine.  They treat her very well, including braiding her hair.  It has been very disappointing to me that she remains a victim and no longer tries to be any better.  She is a grandmother now, but her boys seldom go to see her.  She just had a birthday and no one showed up, including my siblings.  I just have to let it go and not be judgmental.
George may have three months -- his parotid gland cancer has come back and is now in his jaw bone, lungs, etc.  He never complains.  He is a silent witness to the grace and mercy of God.
I am still unpacking . . .   

Thank you all for your continued prayers.
Blessings.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5030 on: August 02, 2015, 06:14:01 PM »

Good afternoon,

Connie is doing okay -- she is living in a nursing home now.  Her physical condition continues to deteriorate because she won't leave her room except to go to the vending machine.  They treat her very well, including braiding her hair.  It has been very disappointing to me that she remains a victim and no longer tries to be any better.  She is a grandmother now, but her boys seldom go to see her.  She just had a birthday and no one showed up, including my siblings.  I just have to let it go and not be judgmental.
George may have three months -- his parotid gland cancer has come back and is now in his jaw bone, lungs, etc.  He never complains.  He is a silent witness to the grace and mercy of God.

Blessings.

Sister Continued Prayers for you, Connie & George. So sorry to hear Connie has given up, trying to help herself. I am sure it's hard on everyone. You are doing all you can by being there with her when you can. It's hard not to be judgemental I am sure. We each handle lives difficulties, differently.

I was wondering about George he has been in my prayers. I pray he continues to feel no pain.  an angelic monkey You are an angel here on earth, for your continued support of both Connie & George. God Bless you

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #5031 on: August 03, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »

Blue Moon,  You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. an angelic monkey

Sister Continued prayers for you, Connie & George an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5032 on: August 03, 2015, 08:23:27 PM »

Blue Moon,  You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. an angelic monkey

They are weening him off life support, he is down to 40%.  That part is going good.  Still nothing concerning any movement of eyes, hands, feet, anything.  He needs to have some kind of response within the next couple of days.  They are saying they still do not know the extent of brain stem damage he has.  Vitals are stabilizing.  Some good signs, the most important sign is movement of any kind and there has been none since a week ago, in fact he has had no movement at all since this happened.  He has 3 broken ribs, crushed sternum, broken wrist plus brain stem damage.

I read there are 10 stages of traumatic brain injury recovery.  The 1st is breathing on your own.  He could very well be close to achieving this one.  Now he has 9 more steps and some people take years and get almost all 10 steps, some never quite get beyond #1 or the lower steps.  Only time will tell.

It is a wait and see game right now. 

Thanks for asking.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5033 on: August 03, 2015, 08:25:09 PM »

Good afternoon,

Blessings.

Prayers for your family Sister.  I will keep you in my thoughts.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5034 on: August 04, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »

Good afternoon,

Blessings.

Sister Continued Prayers for you, Connie & George. So sorry to hear Connie has given up, trying to help herself. I am sure it's hard on everyone. You are doing all you can by being there with her when you can. It's hard not to be judgemental I am sure. We each handle lives difficulties, differently.

I was wondering about George he has been in my prayers. I pray he continues to feel no pain.  an angelic monkey You are an angel here on earth, for your continued support of both Connie & George. God Bless you

I've been praying for you, Sister; but just hadn't been able to find the words to post.  My heart breaks for you, knowing how broken your heart must be too.  I will continue to pray for Connie, George, and especially for you to have the strength to keep doing what you do.  You are an inspiration to us all.  (((HUGS)))

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5035 on: August 05, 2015, 07:34:53 AM »

Good afternoon,

Blessings.

Hi Sister.  The situation with Connie and the family dynamics are all very sad.  Letting go is very difficult isn't it, though very healthy for you. 
You have your retirement years to enjoy and you must take care of you to do that and so you can continue, as is your nature/calling, to nurture others.
Prayers for you and all your family.
Prayers for George.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5036 on: August 05, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »

They are weening him off life support, he is down to 40%.  That part is going good.  Still nothing concerning any movement of eyes, hands, feet, anything.  He needs to have some kind of response within the next couple of days.  They are saying they still do not know the extent of brain stem damage he has.  Vitals are stabilizing.  Some good signs, the most important sign is movement of any kind and there has been none since a week ago, in fact he has had no movement at all since this happened.  He has 3 broken ribs, crushed sternum, broken wrist plus brain stem damage.

I read there are 10 stages of traumatic brain injury recovery.  The 1st is breathing on your own.  He could very well be close to achieving this one.  Now he has 9 more steps and some people take years and get almost all 10 steps, some never quite get beyond #1 or the lower steps.  Only time will tell.

Thanks for asking.

I am going to make this as brief as possible.  George suffered closed head brain injury in 1989.  I was encouraged to take him off life support.  I believe every case is different and I say BS to bell curves.  I prayed and prayed and the answer was "not yet."  It did take years of recovery but he has led a happy life.  He has physical and mental limitations, but he is the kindest person I know.  He appreciates everything.  Now he has cancer and the answer to my prayers is "in my time."

My heart aches for all of you for I truly know what it means to walk in your family's shoes.

Be of good cheer -- we are never out of the loving palm of our Lord.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5037 on: August 05, 2015, 08:38:44 PM »

Blue Moon,  You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. an angelic monkey

They are weening him off life support, he is down to 40%.  That part is going good.  Still nothing concerning any movement of eyes, hands, feet, anything.  He needs to have some kind of response within the next couple of days.  They are saying they still do not know the extent of brain stem damage he has.  Vitals are stabilizing.  Some good signs, the most important sign is movement of any kind and there has been none since a week ago, in fact he has had no movement at all since this happened.  He has 3 broken ribs, crushed sternum, broken wrist plus brain stem damage.

I read there are 10 stages of traumatic brain injury recovery.  The 1st is breathing on your own.  He could very well be close to achieving this one.  Now he has 9 more steps and some people take years and get almost all 10 steps, some never quite get beyond #1 or the lower steps.  Only time will tell.

Thanks for asking.

I am going to make this as brief as possible.  George suffered closed head brain injury in 1989.  I was encouraged to take him off life support.  I believe every case is different and I say BS to bell curves.  I prayed and prayed and the answer was "not yet."  It did take years of recovery but he has led a happy life.  He has physical and mental limitations, but he is the kindest person I know.  He appreciates everything.  Now he has cancer and the answer to my prayers is "in my time."

My heart aches for all of you for I truly know what it means to walk in your family's shoes.

Be of good cheer -- we are never out of the loving palm of our Lord.

There are no easy answers.  I think one way one minute another way the next.  I never want to be in this position, ever.  I will not offer my opinion to my sister.  She is suffering so bad and it is tearing her life apart.  Whatever she decides only she and GOD can make.  All she is left with is "if only".  His wishes were not to be in this exact situation and to be an organ donor.  That weighs heavily on any decision to be made.  The EEG shows nothing, no activity at all.  Thank you Sister for telling this. I may (and may not) share this with her.  Please don't be upset if I don't though.  She has withdrawn from everyone.  Thanks for your prayers.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5038 on: August 07, 2015, 02:35:45 AM »

Blue Moon...prayers for your nephew, your sister and your family.  Tough times for all.
I have asked my sister (a nun) to put your nephew on the prayer list at her community. 
Hugs.....Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5039 on: August 07, 2015, 03:46:49 PM »

Blue Moon...prayers for your nephew, your sister and your family.  Tough times for all.
I have asked my sister (a nun) to put your nephew on the prayer list at her community. 
Hugs.....Mere

Thanks Mere. 

My nephew passed away an hour ago.  The only thing I could tell my sister and niece was he was called home and he answered that call and they could not have stopped that calling.  I pray for peace for both and hope that they can relish their memories of him.

Thanks all for the prayers.  It did bring peace to know we weren't alone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.