March 18, 2024, 10:56:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938339 times)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1660 on: April 15, 2008, 09:14:33 PM »

prayers to all who have posted their requests on this thread and to all of you reading here. I don't come to the forum often lately, but when I do, this is the first place I come.

CBB, I am thrilled about the news re: your clinic and will continue praying for you.

pdh3, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin's son...May the Lord strengthen her and give her something to hold on to during this most traumatic time for her and her family.

Snoopy, I am praying for your entire family, those you mentioned and those you didn't mention in this request.

And I am praying for Peaches, as I just saw that she is having surgery on the 17th. I love you guys!!

Bring Natalee home...
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1661 on: April 17, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

My friend's sister had the triplets very premature ... two are fine the third is very small and struggling.  This is a couple that tried for years to have children, pls. keep these babies in your prayers!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1662 on: April 17, 2008, 09:34:13 PM »

Saying prayers for all monkeys in need and their friends and especially those little innocent babies.

Hugs
Beans
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1663 on: April 18, 2008, 03:01:44 PM »

My friend's sister had the triplets very premature ... two are fine the third is very small and struggling.  This is a couple that tried for years to have children, pls. keep these babies in your prayers!

God Bless those sweet little babies. I will certainly put them in my prayers mrs. red.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
marebear
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1664 on: April 18, 2008, 07:47:50 PM »

I was just humbled by reading through the requests here.  I stumbled in here by accident- looking for a welcome page or introduction area- sorry.  So hello and all of you have my prayers- I recognize some of you(: 
Katysmom
Monkey Junky

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while

« Reply #1665 on: April 19, 2008, 01:53:10 PM »

Hello Monkey Friends,
I almost feel guilty for asking for your prayers; as I have not been a very good monkey in the past few months.  So many new posters and I didn't even take the time to welcome them to the board; I'm so sorry.

I have had a headache since the end of last November.  I saw my dr. and he was convinced by analyzing my symptoms (light and sound didn't affect it, I only felt pain when I moved my head) that The nerves in my brain were inflammed.  He gave me two steroid shots in the back of my head (ouch).

The pain did leave my left side, but not the right.  I went back to the dr. on April 7th and he gave me another shot on the right side.  Within two days both sides were in pain and it was worse than ever.

My dr. ordered a brain scan, which I had yesterday.  I knew it was bad knews when I got home and saw on the caller i.d. that my dr's office had called twice and the MRI place said he would have the results next week.   I called him back (he takes Fridays off), talked to his nurse, who told me the MRI place had called them to tell them I have a large tumor.  She wouldn't tell me anymore until they get the actual report from the MRI office. 

My first reaction was to go into panic mode.  I became hysterical and had to take some valium to settle down.  When I woke up this morning I felt a lot calmer, and for some reason I told myself that it's ok to die because I will get to talk to Natalee, Lisa Stebic, and Stacy Peterson and tell them how much they are loved and how hard everyone has been working to bring them home.  Does that make sense? 

If love could of saved you, you would of lived forever
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1666 on: April 20, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

Katysmom... adding you to my and our prayers... I think you need your very own Katysmom page ... we stand with the girl and we will stand with you uplifting you to our Heavenly Father, who hears and answers all our prayers

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1667 on: April 20, 2008, 06:14:35 PM »

Katysmom
I have seen the monkeys rally around so many of us in our time of need.  This is your time for sure.  The only thing we can do is offer you are love and support and most of all our prayers.  I have found it is often a good thing to have a place to go...to talk about what's on your heart...this is the place.  Not only will we be offering prayers to you and your family....we want to know what is going on with you.  Believe it or not, we need to hear as much as you need to tell...so please let us know.  If you want to talk about it I will listen...email me when you can and let's talk...cindoal@yahoo.com   I am not the only monkey here that will offer you support...I just feel honored that you asked us to pray for you. 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1668 on: April 20, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »

Hello Monkey Friends,
I almost feel guilty for asking for your prayers; as I have not been a very good monkey in the past few months.  So many new posters and I didn't even take the time to welcome them to the board; I'm so sorry.

I have had a headache since the end of last November.  I saw my dr. and he was convinced by analyzing my symptoms (light and sound didn't affect it, I only felt pain when I moved my head) that The nerves in my brain were inflammed.  He gave me two steroid shots in the back of my head (ouch).

The pain did leave my left side, but not the right.  I went back to the dr. on April 7th and he gave me another shot on the right side.  Within two days both sides were in pain and it was worse than ever.

My dr. ordered a brain scan, which I had yesterday.  I knew it was bad knews when I got home and saw on the caller i.d. that my dr's office had called twice and the MRI place said he would have the results next week.   I called him back (he takes Fridays off), talked to his nurse, who told me the MRI place had called them to tell them I have a large tumor.  She wouldn't tell me anymore until they get the actual report from the MRI office. 

My first reaction was to go into panic mode.  I became hysterical and had to take some valium to settle down.  When I woke up this morning I felt a lot calmer, and for some reason I told myself that it's ok to die because I will get to talk to Natalee, Lisa Stebic, and Stacy Peterson and tell them how much they are loved and how hard everyone has been working to bring them home.  Does that make sense? 

Yes, it makes sense but don't be in such a hurry.  When will they get the actual report from the MRI office?  Don't try to outguess things.  I think Tamikosmom just posted the other day she had a brain tumor many years ago.  Let me find that post, it may give you some comfort.

HUGS

Found Tamikosmom's post, she posted it for Peaches....

Tamikosmom wrote:
Peaches ... I can relates to all your emotions.

In 1990 I had major brain surgery to remove a tumor the size of an egg.  I had never had any symptoms ... not even a headache.  It was discover in the nick of time because of something completely unrelated.

Peaches ... like you ... I had so many blessings in life and ... although I had assurance of eternal salvation ... I did not want to leave my husband, kids and father.  If I was going to leave them ... I would go out kicking.

I have lots of extended family ... good friends but ... when all is said and down ... husband, kids and father were my focus.  You learn your priorities in life real quick.  The job, house, possessions and bank account mean absolutely nothing.

Our two eldest had already graduation from high school but ... surprise package son turned seven years old two days before my surgery.  Actually ... the week before surgery when the tumor was discovered and ... its position in relation to the brain stem implied that it had to come out immediately ... I informed the surgeon that son's seventh birthday party was the priority.

Long story short ... after a relatively short recouperation period ... after putting my family through a H--- on Earth ... I was back at work three month sooner than docs had predicted ... I have never looked back.  Yearly cat scans became two year cat scans and ... now it is every three years.

In the eighteen years since surgery I have been afforded many blessings that I do not take for granted.  I was at my precious  father's death bed holding his hand.  I was there to when youngest son received his high school and university diploma.  I was an honored guest at all three of my children's weddings.  I held all five of my grandchildren shortly after they were born.  Four year old grandson ... I was present when he took his first breath.

Peaches ... my prayer is that eighteen years from now you will be able to look back at this cancer experience as a real bad nightmare ... a real bad nightmare that has allowed what you have learned to benefit others who are being forced to endure the storms of life.

God Bless

Janet

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:25:24 PM by klaasend » Logged
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1669 on: April 20, 2008, 06:34:51 PM »

Klaasend wrote;

Yes, it makes sense but don't be in such a hurry.  When will they get the actual report from the MRI office?  Don't try to outguess things.  I think Tamikosmom just posted the other day she had a brain tumor many years ago.  Let me find that post, it may give you some comfort.

HUGS

Klaas is absolutely right, about not being in a hurry...... Katys my prayers along with all others here are with you. Stay strong, take strength from others and strength from God.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1670 on: April 22, 2008, 07:47:48 AM »

I'm sorry I haven'r posted in a couple of weeks.  I try to read real quick each night or morning to see how you all are doing, and who needs prayer, etc.  I never forget ya'll.

Thursday April 3rd my Mother-in-law had a massive coronary.  I got a call from my Father-in-law at 4am that Betty was sick.  Hubby was gone so I rushed over there.  She thought she was having a gall-bladder attack, and I knew as soon as I looked at her that she was in big trouble.  She didn't want to go to the hospital, but I said "Betty in 26 1/2 years you've only been mad at me one time, and I don't want to lose any points with you, but you're going to the hospital right now".  So I called 911.  When they got her to the hospital they told me she was having a cardiac episode.  One artery on her left side was 89% blocked and 2 arteries on her right side are 90% blocked.  They rushed her immediately to do a cardiac cath on the left artery.  She coded twice.  We thought she was a goner.  Later in the day when she was in UCU she coded 2 more times.  We truly did not think she would make it through the night.  She's 79.  Tomm she is doing so well that they are going to start her on cardiac rehab.  She'll be there for around a week.  Then she'll be back in church.  She is a miricle.  Of course she still has to have the other 2 arteries cleared.  We haven't told her that yet. lol  She will not be happy about that I can tell ya.  I'm so happy that she is doing so well, and I didn't lose any points either. lol  Please keep her in your prayers that she continues to do well.

My sister-in-law that I told ya'll about a few weeks ago........she has copd, and was diagnosed with lung cancer.  Last Monday the 7th she had surgery.  Her lymph nodes were clear so they did a lung resection to remove the cancer.  The surgery went very well.  She is doing very well and came home today.  I got my fishing buddy back.

This Thursday My brother-in-law is having surgery to remove his prostate.  He has prostate cancer.  Please keep him in your prayers.

Snoopy, I am so glad to hear your MIL is doing so well.  And your SIL!    I pray that the positive trend continues and your BIL does just great!

God is so much bigger than our problems!  I'll be praying for you and looking for an update.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1671 on: April 22, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »

Klaasend wrote;

HUGS

Klaas is absolutely right, about not being in a hurry...... Katys my prayers along with all others here are with you. Stay strong, take strength from others and strength from God.

I agree about rushing things BUT I want to know as soon as possible.  I do not like to be left hanging for a week.  In many cases, the report, at least in the case of all my CT's, is dictated and distributed etc. sooner than you think.  Call your doctor.  Or his nurse.  Tell them you are overcome with anxiety.  I find that works pretty well because they know me and know I'll call them until I get some information. 

Don't go places you don't need to go in your head.  Just because whatever is wrong may be serious, don't make it bigger than it is.  God is bigger than any problem you could possibly have.  Ask Janet.  Look at me.  I am still standing up and talking back. 

Please know that whatever it is, we are here with you.  Just like Lala's said.  Hang in there, sweetie.  God loves you and so do we.  What could be better than that? 

Expect a miracle.
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1672 on: April 22, 2008, 06:12:32 PM »

Continuing to keep all ya'lls needs in my prayers.  My family members continue to improve.  They ask me to tell ya'll thanks so much for the prayers.

I met a lady in the parking lot of Wal-Mart today.  She came up to me and told me she needed a little help.  She, her husband and little girl were trying to get back to Farmington, and did not have enough gas to get home.  She pointed over to her old van and ask if I could spare just a few dollars for some gas.  So I walked over with her to her van, and met her husband.  We talked for a few minutes, and I got to share the plan of salvation with them.  I gave then $20.00 as it was all I had, and told them to get some gas, and there should be enough for each of them to get a happy meal from McDonalds if they were hungry.

I figured that it could be a scam, but what if they were sincere?  I can live without a few bucks, but what if they can't?  I could tell the man was embarrased so I told them that I'd keep them in my prayers, and to keep their head up.  Everything would work out.

I went back to my car, and as I was leaving I seen them at the gas station.

I also said a little prayer as I was driving home thanking God for His Blessings on me.  God is good all the time.

Please keep this family in your prayers. 
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1673 on: April 22, 2008, 08:55:32 PM »

I read here regularly and always add all the new requests to my prayer list, as well as the unposted needs that I learn about.
God is always with all of us just waiting for us to ask for His help and then He gives us what we need.  What we need is not always what we think we want or even what we ask for but we can be sure that whatever is sent to us is what God knows is best for us.
Have strength and faith and all things will evolve in their right time.
God Bless all who post and read here.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #1674 on: April 23, 2008, 04:46:03 PM »

I believe the more you bless others, the more God will bless you. 

Keeping y'all in my prayers always.

Expect a miracle.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1675 on: April 26, 2008, 09:48:51 AM »

Prayers for monkeys and their intentions.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1676 on: April 26, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »

My youngest son and wife were among five leaders who chaperoned twenty youth from their church to the concert last night at Central Heights.  Also there were about twenty young people and leaders from hubby and my church at the concert.  Although no injuries occured in either of these groups ... the chaos was very traumatizing for these young people nevertheless.

As far as those who were injured ... I do not know anything more than is in the following article and ... what my DIL related.

The Fraser Valley of British Columbia on the south side of the river encompasses five small but growing communities along the 401  and ... it is often joked ... it you do not know somebody ... then  somebody you know knows somebody.

I would appreciate if Monkeys would uphold those who were injured as well as their families in your prayers.

Thank you

Janet

++++++++++++++

At Least 39 Injured in Canada After Floor of Church Collapses
Saturday, April 26, 2008

ABBOTSFORD, British Columbia —  At least 39 people were injured, three of them seriously, when the floor of a local church filled with teens collapsed during a concert.

Police said about 1,000 youths were at the Central Heights Church in Abbotsford, British Columbia, to hear the Christian rock band Starfield when a large area in front of the stage gave way Friday night, sending people in the crowd falling several feet into the basement below.

By late evening, David Plug, a spokesman for the local health authority said 23 people were treated in the Abbotsford Regional Hospital, while hospitals in the nearby cities of Chilliwack, Mission and Langley treated 16 people between them.

"Most of the patients are minor fractures and similar injuries but there are some serious injuries and patients are still being assessed," said Plug.

Const. Casey Vinet of the Abbotsford police said when officers arrived at the scene, they saw a hole in the floor about 22 feet wide.

All available Abbotsford police, local Royal Canadian Mounted Police and ambulance crews were dispatched to the scene, Vinet said.

Vinet said investigators are now trying to determine what caused the collapse.

Witnesses said that the lighting system crashed onto the stage, but Vinet said he was not aware of that report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352707,00.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1677 on: April 26, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »

VANCOUVER, BC COVERAGE

Dozens injured as floor collapses at Christian rock concert in Abbotsford
By Glenda Luymes and Erik Rolfsen, Vancouver Province
Published: Saturday, April 26, 2008

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/story.html?id=cd486cbb-353d-4fc1-8cc7-a43a00f7dba8&k=67657

http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/newsroom/archive/2008/04/26/stage-collapses-at-church-concert-in-abbotsford.aspx

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1678 on: April 27, 2008, 11:51:18 AM »

Snoopy - heartwarming to hear of your generosity.

Tamikosmom I will hope they are few who have lasting injuries from that calamity, just a sad event particularly at a christian event.

CBB - I'm praying for you, it's been a long road for you and you deserve to regain some sense of security and peace now. God be with you always.

All - please say a prayer for this woman's family, little none met her on a pet forum and thought so highly of her. Her husband murdered her in their driveway this weekend, 12 shots with a 45. She leaves behind a 10 year old son and a 1 year old son. The husband had gone over the edge, become increasingly controlling and even masochistic. I pray for her children and that that her loving brother and parents can fill the gaping hole in their lives now.

I continue to stand with the girl.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1679 on: April 28, 2008, 03:41:19 PM »

Snoopy - heartwarming to hear of your generosity.

Tamikosmom I will hope they are few who have lasting injuries from that calamity, just a sad event particularly at a christian event.

CBB - I'm praying for you, it's been a long road for you and you deserve to regain some sense of security and peace now. God be with you always.

All - please say a prayer for this woman's family, little none met her on a pet forum and thought so highly of her. Her husband murdered her in their driveway this weekend, 12 shots with a 45. She leaves behind a 10 year old son and a 1 year old son. The husband had gone over the edge, become increasingly controlling and even masochistic. I pray for her children and that that her loving brother and parents can fill the gaping hole in their lives now.

Oh Nonesie, how devastating!! Somehow seeing her face, and that of her son just drives it home all the more...my heart just aches for these kids and I pray for her family and for this beautiful woman's precious soul...

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.