March 19, 2024, 02:33:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1938509 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3240 on: June 13, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »

Blue Moon, I am so happy to hear this, my continued thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3241 on: June 13, 2009, 11:48:52 AM »

Blue Moon -   Glad to hear your sister's surgery went well!        Will continue to pray for her speedy recovery. 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3242 on: June 13, 2009, 01:25:17 PM »

Blue Moon

Your good news made my day!

Did you find out what the name of your sister's benign tumor.  Mine was call Acoustic Neuroma?

Anyways ... I did not experience any headaches following surgery ... just nausa and extreme thirst that was the outcome of being 12 hour under anaesthetic.  Also ... it did take about four months until my strength gradually returned to normal.  Exercise and naps every day was were it was at.

I was told that one of first drugs that was administered to me following surgery was cortizone based.  Its purpose was to reduce swelling in the area where the tumor was removed.  This drug probably was the reason headaches did not enter the equation.

Have a good Saturday Blue Moon.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3243 on: June 13, 2009, 04:25:17 PM »

BlueMoon,I am happy to hear your sister's surgery went well.I will keep her in my prayers.

Deenie,I am also keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3244 on: June 13, 2009, 07:55:36 PM »

Blue Moon

Did you find out what the name of your sister's benign tumor.  Mine was call Acoustic Neuroma?

Anyways ... I did not experience any headaches following surgery ... just nausa and extreme thirst that was the outcome of being 12 hour under anaesthetic.  Also ... it did take about four months until my strength gradually returned to normal.  Exercise and naps every day was were it was at.

I was told that one of first drugs that was administered to me following surgery was cortizone based.  Its purpose was to reduce swelling in the area where the tumor was removed.  This drug probably was the reason headaches did not enter the equation.

Janet

Hi Janet, I've been told what it is but at the moment I cannot for the life of me remember the name but it doesn't sound like what you just said. 

Headache is still pretty bad and she is now having spells of throwing up and getting sick to her stomach.  They took her off the slow-drip morphine thinking maybe that was causing the sickness.

Her right arm is numb today and she is very discouraged about that.  I tried to tell her that is exactly what the doctor told her would happen but she is "stubborn" (as is most of my family) and didn't want to hear about it. 

She will be moved from CCU to a room tomorrow and am hoping things are better for her. 

They have her on steroids today because her eye is swollen and black and blue as is her head.  She asked me for a mirror and I told her I didn't think so right now.  Told her I didn't have one which she didn't believe.  Dang family members can be so unreasonable at times.

Thanks everyone for prayers and concern.  It means a lot. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #3245 on: June 13, 2009, 08:10:29 PM »

Blue Moon

Janet

Hi Janet, I've been told what it is but at the moment I cannot for the life of me remember the name but it doesn't sound like what you just said. 

Headache is still pretty bad and she is now having spells of throwing up and getting sick to her stomach.  They took her off the slow-drip morphine thinking maybe that was causing the sickness.

Her right arm is numb today and she is very discouraged about that.  I tried to tell her that is exactly what the doctor told her would happen but she is "stubborn" (as is most of my family) and didn't want to hear about it. 

She will be moved from CCU to a room tomorrow and am hoping things are better for her. 

They have her on steroids today because her eye is swollen and black and blue as is her head.  She asked me for a mirror and I told her I didn't think so right now.  Told her I didn't have one which she didn't believe.  Dang family members can be so unreasonable at times.

Thanks for the update Blue Moon.  I hope the doctors will work quickly to resolve the pain issue with something that won't make her sick.  I'm so sorry to hear that she is discouraged about her arm being numb.  I hope that is just a temporary symptom of all the trauma and/or swelling to her brain.  You did the right thing, not giving her the mirror.  She didn't need to see anything to cause more worries.  You're a good sister.  She's very lucky to have you by her side during all of this.  Prayers will continue for all of you.

an angelic monkey

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #3246 on: June 13, 2009, 08:35:10 PM »

an angelic monkey I don't know what just drew me here, but I am glad Bluemoon's sister is well and wants a margarita. I guess I have been not paid attention or have been skimming pages, but Deenie, my prayers are with you.  I will say a prayer for each of you tonight and tomorrow at Mass. Luv JSM  an angelic monkey

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3247 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:32 PM »

Blue Moon

Janet

Hi Blue Moon

One day at a time hon.

Thank you for sharing.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3248 on: June 13, 2009, 08:46:58 PM »

Blue Moon

Janet

Thanks for the update Blue Moon.  I hope the doctors will work quickly to resolve the pain issue with something that won't make her sick.  I'm so sorry to hear that she is discouraged about her arm being numb.  I hope that is just a temporary symptom of all the trauma and/or swelling to her brain.  You did the right thing, not giving her the mirror.  She didn't need to see anything to cause more worries.  You're a good sister.  She's very lucky to have you by her side during all of this.  Prayers will continue for all of you.

an angelic monkey

Thanks TM, the numbness is most diffidently what the doctor told her to expect but since she was able to move her arms, legs, hands, feet, toes last night she was sure he was wrong.  That is the first thing she did last night when they brought her up to CCU.  She was so relieved when she could move everything.  She has to be patient cause this is really some bad trauma she incurred to her brain.  As she gets some strength back and the healing process starts to take hold she will be fine.  The one thing she did not want to happen was the numbness (temp. paralysis) cause she is right handed and it is her right hand/arm that is numb.  So I guess she will have to have some rehab after all.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3249 on: June 13, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »

Blue Moon

Janet

an angelic monkey

Thanks TM, the numbness is most diffidently what the doctor told her to expect but since she was able to move her arms, legs, hands, feet, toes last night she was sure he was wrong.  That is the first thing she did last night when they brought her up to CCU.  She was so relieved when she could move everything.  She has to be patient cause this is really some bad trauma she incurred to her brain.  As she gets some strength back and the healing process starts to take hold she will be fine[/color].  The one thing she did not want to happen was the numbness (temp. paralysis) cause she is right handed and it is her right hand/arm that is numb.  So I guess she will have to have some rehab after all.

Yes!!

In the meantime family will have to be the sounding board for your sister's frustrations.  The feeling of lack of control ... the feeling of helplessness .. that she is experiencing can be so overwhelming.

Blue Moon, it is so important that you eat healthy, take long walks and get a good night's sleep.  It is your strength that will uphold your sister during this period.

Janet

_____

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3250 on: June 13, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »

I do believe you are right.  I did feel like a sounding board today.  She reminded me so much of our mother today (after her knee replacement surgery) with the frustration, being snappy and so negative that I just let her say what she wanted and tried not to argue, reason with her.  She really didn't want to hear any reasoning from me and I can say I have never gone through anything like this so nothing I say will make her feel any better or worse.  So if she wants to complain, hurt, be mad at the world I can give her that.  I guess I would be also. 

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3251 on: June 13, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »

I do believe you are right.  I did feel like a sounding board today.  She reminded me so much of our mother today (after her knee replacement surgery) with the frustration, being snappy and so negative that I just let her say what she wanted and tried not to argue, reason with her.  She really didn't want to hear any reasoning from me and I can say I have never gone through anything like this so nothing I say will make her feel any better or worse.  So if she wants to complain, hurt, be mad at the world I can give her that.  I guess I would be also. 

Blue Moon

You cannot know know the H--- on Earth that your sister is experiencing right now unless you have been there.   There is nothing you can do except let her know you are there for her and ... you love her.

Hugs

Janet
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:25:32 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3252 on: June 13, 2009, 09:36:55 PM »

Mods

Please delete post 3217.  I really messed up.

Thank you

Janet

_____

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3253 on: June 13, 2009, 10:04:34 PM »

Blue Moon

You cannot know know the H--- on Earth that your sister is experiencing right now unless you have been there.   There is nothing you can do except let her know you are there for her and ... you love her.

Hugs

Janet

Thanks.  I guess she expected a lot different and by her expecting that I expected a lot different.  It is serious surgery so I really don't know why we felt it would a piece of cake.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 09:29:09 AM by Bearlyhere » Logged

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3254 on: June 13, 2009, 10:36:31 PM »

BlueMoon  - if it's any consolation, they wouldn't be moving her out of CCU if she wasn't coming along as expected right now.  Also I can say from experience that some of the steroids they give you make you agitated and a little goofy. 

((HUGS to you for being such a good sister))
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3255 on: June 13, 2009, 10:59:44 PM »

BlueMoon  - if it's any consolation, they wouldn't be moving her out of CCU if she wasn't coming along as expected right now.  Also I can say from experience that some of the steroids they give you make you agitated and a little goofy. 

((HUGS to you for being such a good sister))

I know you are right Klaas but it really worries you.  The bruising, the swelling, even the numbness is exactly what the surgeon said would happen.  You are right also about the steroids.  I get sick taking them myself.  I have a hard time looking at her head and seeing that incision and then the black-blue bruised eyes, head, ears.  I get a weak stomach and I know she feels that also. 

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3256 on: June 13, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

Blue Moon, when I hit 5 cars head on and was in ICU, I had no idea what I was doing.  I told the doctors I didnt want to see anyone, not my family, my son anyone.  I was so depressed, and the Morphine makes you think/do crazy things!!  I was mean!!!  I had the nurse put a note on my door that I would not see anyone, I had them take the phone and the Tv out of my room.  This was totally unlike me.  I told my Dad he was not funny, please leave!!  Your sis is not herself right now.  My family realized it was the medicine and the length of surgery that was making me behave so badly and of course they forgave me.  You are all in my prayers!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3257 on: June 13, 2009, 11:28:03 PM »

Blue Moon, when I hit 5 cars head on and was in ICU, I had no idea what I was doing.  I told the doctors I didnt want to see anyone, not my family, my son anyone.  I was so depressed, and the Morphine makes you think/do crazy things!!  I was mean!!!  I had the nurse put a note on my door that I would not see anyone, I had them take the phone and the Tv out of my room.  This was totally unlike me.  I told my Dad he was not funny, please leave!!  Your sis is not herself right now.  My family realized it was the medicine and the length of surgery that was making me behave so badly and of course they forgave me.  You are all in my prayers!!!

5 cars head-on?  Wow.  You are extremely lucky to be here telling that story.

I know what meds and surgery can do to people.  It just worries you. 

Thanks for the encouragement.  Maybe tomorrow when she gets into her own room she will feel a little better.  But then again she will be able to see herself in the mirror then.  Oh NO.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3258 on: June 13, 2009, 11:50:16 PM »

BlueMoon, My prayers are for your sister and that she is relieved of her pain. I am praying for you too, and I hope you will take care of yourself, also. Unusally the third day after surgery seems to be the worst, and after that things seem to happen a little quicker. Be strong as I know you are for her. I will not fail to pray for you and her.

Much Love,
Fanny Mae

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Desdemona
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3259 on: June 14, 2009, 03:52:10 AM »

Deenie & daughter ---------->   

IM & daughter  ---------->   

BlueMonkey & sister   ---------->   

Trimm and post-op men  ---------->   

Dolce the new mommy ---------->   

All Monkeys who are grieving, hurting, troubled, haunted by bad memories, sick, scared, lonely, discouraged, healing, adapting, encouraged, inspired, thankful, relieved, celebrating, happy, feeling blessed, and those who are lovingly comforting and praying for our Monkey friends:

Hugs from Desi

I come here for the children, not to stroke someone's ego.  --Darla, 12/14/09
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.