March 28, 2024, 09:46:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRAYER REQUESTS - Please list here  (Read 1941460 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3480 on: July 10, 2009, 04:33:05 PM »

sister so glad to know your sister is doing better. I continue to pray for you and your family. My mom had a massive stroke, which unfortunately she didn't recover from, but I know that look you are talking about. I don't think I will ever forget it.

If I may put a prayer request up I would appreciate it. My request is for my family, especially my dear, sweet, loving, husband who's father is dying of cancer. Please pray we find acceptance for cancer taking someone else from us, please pray we find the strength to be there and help him slip away from this world. And finally please pray at the end of it all, that we are all in one piece. losing yet another person we love to cancer is just about too much to handle. 
Thank you for listening and considering sending prayers. Also please pray they find a cure for the terrible disease 
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3481 on: July 10, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »

Please say a prayer and light a candle for Sister's sister Connie:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=conni

Well, this morning the doctor and I almost came to blows, thank God for the "holy glue" on my lips that kept me from using words I shouldn't (have already asked God for forgiveness for thinking them).  This doctor got her moved by his schedule of 11 a.m., at one point, I counted 8 different people pulling, prodding, questioning her (she can't speak), etc. and this tear ran down her face as she looked at me.  The fires of hell would have been cooler than I was this morning.  But transfer her he did, without all the medical reports being completed, and after I helped get her settled into her new facility, I went back to the hospital and filed three different reports.  First, and most important, the names of all those who treated Connie so wonderfully, from the ladies cleaning her room, to the therapists, nurses, etc.  Second report was different ways they can help stroke patients including put up a sign that says she can't speak or move certain limbs, so some idiot doesn't stand there acting like they're being ignored.  Also included some constructive ideas about clear cups of food so patients can see what is being put in their mouths, etc.  The last report was a formal complaint about this doctor and his totally unprofessional attitude.  I believe in giving praise to folks who collect more than a mere paycheck, and work from their hearts.  But I don't hesitate to call out arrogant people either.
I asked for your continued prayers for Connie, she has a battle ahead of her, but I am totally confident she will win this war.  The prayers of the saints availeth much.  (Though I admit today, saint is not a term I would use for myself :>)
Again and again, thank you so much for doing the best you possibly can for someone you don't even know.  The day will come when I can show her this outpouring of love and we will get to witness her response to you.  With profound thankfulness.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3482 on: July 10, 2009, 07:47:46 PM »

sister so glad to know your sister is doing better. I continue to pray for you and your family. My mom had a massive stroke, which unfortunately she didn't recover from, but I know that look you are talking about. I don't think I will ever forget it.

If I may put a prayer request up I would appreciate it. My request is for my family, especially my dear, sweet, loving, husband who's father is dying of cancer. Please pray we find acceptance for cancer taking someone else from us, please pray we find the strength to be there and help him slip away from this world. And finally please pray at the end of it all, that we are all in one piece. losing yet another person we love to cancer is just about too much to handle. 
Thank you for listening and considering sending prayers. Also please pray they find a cure for the terrible disease 

Tracygirl, I will pray each day for your family.
Heavenly God, you have given to each of us a cup of life.  It is a cup which is broken and mended, broken and mended, over and over again.  Each time there is change in our lives . . . each time a loved one dies, we cry out that our cup is broken . . . and so it is.  Yet, somehow -- together -- we must find, and we will find with your help, to mend our cup again.
Help us now, not to only grieve loss, help us to rejoice in life -- the cup each shares with us, and the heavenly cup each will share with you.  We pray this in the name of the one who also had a cup, Jesus our Saviour.  Amen.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3483 on: July 10, 2009, 07:59:08 PM »

Most certainly I will say a prayer for your husband's father  an angelic monkey
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #3484 on: July 10, 2009, 08:01:07 PM »

Well, this morning the doctor and I almost came to blows, thank God for the "holy glue" on my lips that kept me from using words I shouldn't (have already asked God for forgiveness for thinking them).  This doctor got her moved by his schedule of 11 a.m., at one point, I counted 8 different people pulling, prodding, questioning her (she can't speak), etc. and this tear ran down her face as she looked at me.  The fires of hell would have been cooler than I was this morning.  But transfer her he did, without all the medical reports being completed, and after I helped get her settled into her new facility, I went back to the hospital and filed three different reports.  First, and most important, the names of all those who treated Connie so wonderfully, from the ladies cleaning her room, to the therapists, nurses, etc.  Second report was different ways they can help stroke patients including put up a sign that says she can't speak or move certain limbs, so some idiot doesn't stand there acting like they're being ignored.  Also included some constructive ideas about clear cups of food so patients can see what is being put in their mouths, etc.  The last report was a formal complaint about this doctor and his totally unprofessional attitude.  I believe in giving praise to folks who collect more than a mere paycheck, and work from their hearts.  But I don't hesitate to call out arrogant people either.
I asked for your continued prayers for Connie, she has a battle ahead of her, but I am totally confident she will win this war.  The prayers of the saints availeth much.  (Though I admit today, saint is not a term I would use for myself :>)
Again and again, thank you so much for doing the best you possibly can for someone you don't even know.  The day will come when I can show her this outpouring of love and we will get to witness her response to you.  With profound thankfulness.
My thoughts and prayers are with Connie and you and your entire family  an angelic monkey
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3485 on: July 10, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »

I am sending thoughts and prayers out to all in need.   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #3486 on: July 11, 2009, 05:09:45 AM »

Prayer
This is from Me to all My Monkey Sisters ..  Each and Everyone of You -  I send this

Everybody and everyone has been so blown away by Dolce and her antics. And everything else that has transpired in the cages within talks and muse and etc.. Within all this   
I received not one but two emails from Dolce. And it is what it is .. and I wanted to share with all of You what I said back to her .. from her last email to me. Her words are hers, so they are.
My words are though to all

We as people need to look into ourselves ..when we feel we have no control and things * daily life* feel as it is  crashing around us. How do we do that? Find control, find healing .. It is One day at a time. The world does not stop with our grief nor our woes. It is in perpetual motion and there are people out there that need you. If you can not give it to those closest to you ... give your heart and time to others. You will begin to heal.  Be, volunteer yourself.  Being selfless is the greatest gift you can give ... Being selfless - showing "unselfish" concern and love for the welfare of others

In this world that we live within .. full of technology and millisecond updates from satellites... is meaningless without humility & humanity.

This video is Ms. Jennifer Hudson. A woman who rose to the top out of no where. She was chosen to be a contestant on American Idol and lost .. Her Gain I say. She was brought to us for reason. Her voice is infamous and she will be legend. She sings for Michael at his Memorial ..  She herself has had great tragedy within her life .. Yet she sings with so much Grace.  God Bless All " My Monkey Sisters"  who reads my post/and listens - I pray for Jennifer Hudson and Michael too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0N_VayaoqrE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0N_VayaoqrE&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;color1=0x2b405b&amp;color2=0x6b8ab6&amp;border=1</a>

Amen

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3487 on: July 11, 2009, 09:07:33 AM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3488 on: July 11, 2009, 09:20:47 AM »

Tracygirl,
Sending thoughts and hope for added strength to you and your dear husband at this time. 
God bless.
can
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3489 on: July 11, 2009, 04:22:26 PM »

Muffy and all praying Monkeys, thank you again and again for your prayers.  She tried to get out of bed today and fell, but it doesn't seem she seriously hurt herself.  I praise God for her motivation and whatever soft cushion He placed on the floor.
Am going to try and get some sleep -- I awake often looking for her like at the hospital.  Am grateful God never sleeps and that maybe now I can.

PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3490 on: July 12, 2009, 08:16:31 AM »

Muffy and all praying Monkeys, thank you again and again for your prayers.  She tried to get out of bed today and fell, but it doesn't seem she seriously hurt herself.  I praise God for her motivation and whatever soft cushion He placed on the floor.
Am going to try and get some sleep -- I awake often looking for her like at the hospital.  Am grateful God never sleeps and that maybe now I can.

Sister and TracyGirl we have not met.  I mostly post in the Caylee thread.  Sister, your spunk is inspiring and the love for your Lord and sister are commendable.  I have added you, your sister and those treating her to my prayer list.  Your positive outlook are so inspiring.  TracyGirl, I have added you, your husband and his entire family to my prayer list as well.  May God wrap you all up in HIs arms and provide the grace you need and healing you need. 

Boo and Deenie, I am still praying for you.  I have been there and know that prayers are needed for a long time. 

May all Monkeys be reminded of God's goodness today and be awed by His grace.  God bless you all.

Love,
Pooks
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3491 on: July 12, 2009, 12:03:55 PM »

Sister and Tracygirl -  I haven't met you, either - but have added you and your families to my prayer list.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3492 on: July 12, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »

Pooks and Sassy, thank you so very much for adding Connie to your prayer list.  I know how the One who hears our feeble prayers intercedes for each of us.  In my mind's eye, I see Jesus kneeling at the throne of grace, beseeching our Father to honor our prayers in His perfect Will.  Boo and Deenie, you have also been in my daily prayers.  My dad died in 2000 and his birth date and my sister Connie's is on the same day -- July 29.  I am grateful in so many ways dad died on the 30th.
I have been focused in the Cantu thread and hope to get back to researching -- no, I'm the sorter -- the other beautiful monkeys are the researchers -- soon.
From the depths of my spirit, I thank you for your prayers and ask for God's blessings on each of you.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3493 on: July 13, 2009, 02:47:20 AM »

TracyGirl, my prayers are going out for your husband's broken heart over his father. I am praying for you too, to be strong for him. Cancer has stricken so many people in our lives. It never gets easy, but death closes one door, and opens another. I believe you will come to see that there are angels around helping you all get through this. When my husband was so sick, I found this to be true. Hold tight to your faith.
With much love,
Fanny Mae

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3494 on: July 13, 2009, 03:02:33 AM »

Sister, My heart and prayers go out to you tonight too. I know you are a very spiritual person, so I cannot put my prayers in words as eloquently as you. Just know my simple prayer for you and your sister are sincere.

My husband was 51 when he had his stroke. He was considered very young too. It is a good thing your sister can swallow. That is a very good sign. Right now she needs an advocate for her, as she cannot do it herself. If you do not think she has the best doctor for her, you may think of another. It may have already happened, if she is in a rehab facility. There is usually a family medical type doctor to oversee her care. I hope you got her into the best one. I had to fight to keep my husband in the hospital's rehab section. They wanted to warehouse him in a nursing home, and I knew he would not get the proper therapy there. However, she may get some really good therapist for her there where she is. Just be vigilant, and be her advocate. It is hard I know.

He has made an amazing recovery. It didn't happen overnight. Don't believe what they say about her being as good as she is going to get in 6=12 months. That is not true. My husband is still learning new things and his stroke was in 1995.

This is longer than I intended, but I just wanted you to know that although it may seem bleek right now, this will get better. I will be waiting for another report from you. And don't forget to take care of yourself.

With much love,
Fanny Mae

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3495 on: July 13, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »

Fannie, thank you so much for your words of encouragement.  The best prayers are the ones from the heart -- often words are barriers to what our souls are trying to say.  I pray much better in my mind than aloud.  As I am a preacher and  writer, my second choice of prayer is written.
When George (my-ex) suffered his two brain bleeds, he was on life support.  They said take him off.  In my prayers, what I felt was "not yet."  Well, that was in 1989.  He was 40.  I know about the long path back too and I have fired more doctors than you would want to shake a stick at.  If they're not on the positive page, they're not in my book.  I have had him in every rehab facility I thought could help him.  Last July, he fell and have really not recovered from that.  In one of the rehabs was a doctor that hadseen him in 1990, and he couldn't believe his eyes.  He can talk, dress himself, walk, eat (he was on a feeding tube for almost 2 years), and has the precious mind of a 10-year old.  He understands what you say, his cognitive skills are very limited.  Right now I am working on the Waiver Program (the government has finally realized it is cheaper and better to have a patient at home rather than in a facility).  The paperwork is almost enough to make you quit, only God knows how many forests and been sacrificied, but I never, never quit. (I think Winston Church said that, not sure.)
The biggest problem "I" am having is that Connie had no Power of Attorney and my input is limited in scope.  Her two sons are doing the best they can, but I see some mistakes (but will keep my mouth shut as long as it doesn't effect her care).  Thank goodness we are a close family and feel free to listen to each other.  All in all, I am very proud how they have stepped up to the plate.  On the other hand, George's two adult children saw their Dad for the second time in 20 years last month.  But, I kept my mouth shut so not to ruin it for him.  His son does call and write regularly and that is good.
Well, enough, again my dear monkey friend, thank you for your hearfelt prayers.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3496 on: July 14, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »

Sister, I am here to pray for you tonight . I would not want you to think I had forgotten about you and your sister. I know these days are hard for you, and why it is so much harder without a power of attorney. Thankfully, we did have one, and I did what I thought was best for him.

You have been down this road before. So did I with my dear mama. I felt so bad when she died that I was not there. I had just left her hospital room and had gone back home to my hubby who had already had a stroke. It was the hardest thing in my life to leave her. Her eyes emplored me not to go. It haunts me to this day. I felt like I had to chose my husband over my mama. At least she had my niece and nephew with her and a good hospital staff. My hubby had no one to look after him. I feel so guilty for leaving her, as she had so loyally sat at the bedside of her own mama and sister and her niece for days so they would not pass alone. As it was, she was alone, as my nephew had stayed late until she was sleeping, and he went home to his wife and family. She died at 3am night. I am only hoping that she died peacefully, and saw the light and followed it with calmness and expectation. I pray she was not afraid. I guess I will never know.

We do what we can, and what we have to do. I hope you are getting your rest and taking care of yourself. I will continue with my prayers for you. I will not forget. I come to this thread sometimes, and make a list to include on my prayer list. I usually do not post much. But something about you has touched me each time I have seen you in here praying, even when no one asks. It may be your avi. It is always so sweet, as I can see you are in your posts.

I hope you wll keep posting and keep us up to date. My leaving you my prayers every night give me an uplifting before I go to sleep. From bad come good also. I am sure you know that already.

With much love,
Fanny Mae

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3497 on: July 14, 2009, 12:31:21 AM »

Fanny Mae,
Today was so hard for my Mom.  She had seen Connie in the hospital, but to see her at rehab was difficult.  Connie was sitting there in her diaper, saying "ok" over and over.  They have lower her bed next to the floor and put a large pad on the floor next to that.  I just sat on the pad and put lotion on her hand and got her to put some on her right hand, then I did her left leg, and got her to do her right leg.  Her mind is so confused and her attention span is a mere few seconds long.  My heart was breaking as I watched Mom out of the corner of my eye.  To see her "baby" in such a way . . . I really can't imagine.  Yet my Mom is very strong and after I took her home and was getting ready to leave, she thanked me for not giving up on Connie.  The truth is, having walked down this path before, there is a part of me that wants to run away.  I won't, of course, but I admit to God there is an anger within my spirit and a questioning about this situation.  I know it is ok to question God for assuredly there are things we just don't understand.  I don't doubt Him, I just lay myself at His feet and weep for the struggles Connie, her sons, and the rest of my family will have to grapple with for her to recover.
I deeply appreciate your continued faithfulness to prayer.
Blessings and Love

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3498 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:12 AM »

Fanny, as I am a new monkey, can we post long comments on this thread?  I would really like to share with you a beautiful story from the Bible about what I think dying is like.  I just don't want to overstep my bounds as I'm really not too clear about the rules.  I know we shouldn't be O/T in other threads, but I didn't know if it would be appropriate here.
I don't even know how to ask the Mods.
Sweet dreams, tonight I am going to ride a handsome horse across the night sky and we are going to look for shooting stars.

califmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3499 on: July 14, 2009, 02:04:35 PM »

an angelic monkey Sending prayers and hugs to all that need them!!  an angelic monkey

♥ Justice for Caylee ♥
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.